Go Back  CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion > C7 Corvette > C7 Z06 Discussion
Reload this Page >

Canadian Corvette owners, what has chevy done for your paint problems?

Notices
C7 Z06 Discussion General Z06 Corvette Discussion, LT4 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Canadian Corvette owners, what has chevy done for your paint problems?

Old 03-09-2018, 03:35 PM
jordanC6Z06
CF Senior Member

Liked 14 Times in 9 Posts
Default Canadian Corvette owners, what has chevy done for your paint problems?

I have a 17 Z06, and I am having paint issues around the headlights. The dealer in town says what they will do is take off the bumper, paint the edges, and put it back on. I have read that guys in the states have been eating a complete painted bumper from GM sent to them. Has anyone in Canada for this? Thanks,

Jordan

Old 03-09-2018, 04:06 PM
FastestBusaAround
CF Senior Member

Liked 207 Times in 132 Posts

I have a 16 Z, but don't have any paint issues at all, however, I would expect a proper and complete repaint of the entire affected panels.
Old 03-09-2018, 04:22 PM
trevor90
CF Senior Member

Liked 90 Times in 69 Posts

tell that dealer you cant simply paint edges. god what a retard. the entire bumper needs to be reshot
Old 03-09-2018, 05:12 PM
94ZR1#444
CF Senior Member

Location: Oh please Mr. Instructor, move me from the Green to the Red or Black group because I drive so good. Durham, NC
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Very interesting thread. I have a 2016 Z06 that has a spot on the rear bumper that looks like it needs repairing but don't have time to put up with dealer BS about how this is my problem and to get it fixed, I need to spend my $........
Old 03-09-2018, 09:12 PM
dyoung
CF Senior Member

Liked 82 Times in 63 Posts

A friend got a $1000.00 dollar credit to use at a detail shop to get rid of orange peel on his 2017 ZO6. Don't know if the money came from the dealer or GM..The dealer was Island GM in Duncan.
Old 03-09-2018, 10:38 PM
trevor90
CF Senior Member

Liked 90 Times in 69 Posts

Originally Posted by dyoung View Post
A friend got a $1000.00 dollar credit to use at a detail shop to get rid of orange peel on his 2017 ZO6. Don't know if the money came from the dealer or GM..The dealer was Island GM in Duncan.

every car has orange peel, not sure why they gave him a credit... unless it's somehow ridiculously excessive. And besides that, if you take out the peel from the Z, it's going to look terrible with the body. If Panels were metal/aluminum, it would be beneficial. I'd warn him about this.

Buy a rolls royce or Bentley if you dont want orange peel.
Old 03-10-2018, 12:37 PM
dyoung
CF Senior Member

Liked 82 Times in 63 Posts

Originally Posted by trevor90 View Post
every car has orange peel, not sure why they gave him a credit... unless it's somehow ridiculously excessive. And besides that, if you take out the peel from the Z, it's going to look terrible with the body. If Panels were metal/aluminum, it would be beneficial. I'd warn him about this.

Buy a rolls royce or Bentley if you dont want orange peel.
I was only answering the OP's question. I agree about the orange peel..

He had it corrected last summer and the car looked fine afterwards. It didn't fall apart..
Old 03-23-2018, 10:01 AM
jordanC6Z06
CF Senior Member

Liked 14 Times in 9 Posts

I was hoping for a painted bumper right from GM, I know some of our American friends got that...
Old 03-24-2018, 06:15 PM
b4i4getit
CF Senior Member

Liked 244 Times in 169 Posts

The sad thing is that even after you get it repainted and installed it will happen again unless steps are taken to eliminate the friction that is there.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Canadian Corvette owners, what has chevy done for your paint problems?

Sponsored Ads
Vendor Directory

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: