C7 Z06 Discussion General Z06 Corvette Discussion, LT4 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: GEM Motorsports

Does a TSB have to be done while under warranty

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2018, 10:05 AM
TRANS DAMM
Melting Slicks

Received 1,161 Likes on 533 Posts

Default Does a TSB have to be done while under warranty

Im getting the worn breaks message on my Z07 that has 2700 miles but my 36 month bumper to bumper is up next week. the car is in storage and am not looking forward to pulling it out to go get it serviced. im also having trouble with my targa not latching right also another tsb I believe. Does this have to be done before with warrabty expires? thanks.
Old 03-11-2018, 10:08 AM
Higgs Boson
Race Director

Received 2,379 Likes on 1,238 Posts

a tsb is not necessarily covered under warranty no matter when it is issued or repaired, a tsb is meant to be an internal document instructing technicians how to fix a specific customer concern. it is a technical service bulletin. I am not saying something "won't" be covered, I am just saying they do not go hand in hand, it is common to assume that because there is a tsb for something that it is the same thing as a recall or that all TSB's are performed for free, they are not.
Old 03-11-2018, 10:18 AM
TRANS DAMM
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by Higgs Boson
a tsb is not necessarily covered under warranty no matter when it is issued or repaired, a tsb is meant to be an internal document instructing technicians how to fix a specific customer concern. it is a technical service bulletin. I am not saying something "won't" be covered, I am just saying they do not go hand in hand, it is common to assume that because there is a tsb for something that it is the same thing as a recall or that all TSB's are performed for free, they are not.
ok thanks, makes sense. Im going to try and call the dealer and see what they can do about delaying me bringing the car in.
The following users liked this post:
mdz06vetter (03-11-2018)
Old 03-11-2018, 04:12 PM
3 Z06ZR1
Team Owner

Received 900 Likes on 742 Posts

Every time I have ever went to the dealer in for a TSB while under warranty and it has been quite a few they fix the issue and off you go. I would try to go while your still under the warranty.
Old 03-12-2018, 02:33 AM
pkincy
Safety Car

Received 645 Likes on 485 Posts

What are "worn breaks?"
Old 03-12-2018, 08:34 AM
Flyskate
Burning Brakes

Received 17 Likes on 6 Posts

The stoppy thingies!!

Last edited by Flyskate; 03-12-2018 at 08:35 AM.
Old 03-12-2018, 10:43 AM
Newton06
Drifting

Received 319 Likes on 166 Posts

Is there a TSB for the worn brakes message?

2700 miles with that message seems rather odd - do you track your car heavily?
Old 03-12-2018, 12:06 PM
Bill Dearborn
Tech Contributor

Received 8,926 Likes on 5,332 Posts

Originally Posted by Newton06
Is there a TSB for the worn brakes message?

2700 miles with that message seems rather odd - do you track your car heavily?
There have been some issues with the sensors. The sensor is some sort of solid material with a wire running through it. When the rotor wears the material down to a certain point it hits the wire and breaks it setting off the warning. If the sensor 2 wire connector isn't making proper connection with the mating connector mounted on the cradle you will get a brakes worn message, if the wire is broken you will get a brakes worn message, if the sensor isn't placed properly on the pad it can wear quicker than the pad and break the wire inside the sensor package. And of course there is the possibility the sensor is correctly stating the pads are worn. When it gives the warning you don't have a lot of pad material left. When it happened on my car while at the track there wasn't enough material left on the pad to last another 20 minute session.

Bill
The following users liked this post:
Newton06 (03-12-2018)
Old 03-12-2018, 10:41 PM
TRANS DAMM
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by Bill Dearborn
There have been some issues with the sensors. The sensor is some sort of solid material with a wire running through it. When the rotor wears the material down to a certain point it hits the wire and breaks it setting off the warning. If the sensor 2 wire connector isn't making proper connection with the mating connector mounted on the cradle you will get a brakes worn message, if the wire is broken you will get a brakes worn message, if the sensor isn't placed properly on the pad it can wear quicker than the pad and break the wire inside the sensor package. And of course there is the possibility the sensor is correctly stating the pads are worn. When it gives the warning you don't have a lot of pad material left. When it happened on my car while at the track there wasn't enough material left on the pad to last another 20 minute session.

Bill
unfortunately the car has had zero track time, the pads look brand new. the sensor has to be bad.

Get notified of new replies

To Does a TSB have to be done while under warranty

Quick Reply: Does a TSB have to be done while under warranty