C7 Z06 Discussion General Z06 Corvette Discussion, LT4 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: GEM Motorsports

Crawford Racing squeezes 841 RWHP from stock LT4 fuel system on full E85!!??

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2018, 10:12 AM
0Crawford-Racing.com
Former Vendor

Received 62 Likes on 34 Posts
Default Crawford Racing squeezes 841 RWHP from "stock" LT4 fuel system on full E85!!??

Crawford Racing LLC teamed up with Edgyvette to see what we could get out of their 2016 C7 ZO6 M7 equipped with their PTS single turbo kit and the G1 Pro intake manifold with port injector provisions and their new C7 friendly PI fuel rails, but leaving the rest of the fuel system completely stock. The results were quite surprising!!!
We added our CR-Fueler port injector controller kit, along with a set of 1000cc port injectors to see how far the stock high and low pressure system is good for on full stregth E85 for the LT4 ZO6 and the upcoming LT5 ZR1. That's right, the stock in-tank ZO6 low pressure pump, running 16 fuel injectors, was able to deliver 841 rwhp SAE on E85!!
With careful tuning and datalogging, we were able to determine, the stock HPFP and LT4 injectors were up to the task, the LPFP being where the limitiation is.
We can say that on race gas, 900-1000 rwhp is acheivable on the stock fuel system when adding the CR-Fueler port injection controller. For a guy that wants to run E85 and make 750-800 RWHP on a budget, you could add a boost-a-pump and get by.
Obviously adding a proper LPFP kit, is the desired way to go, and is what this car is getting to break the 1000 rwhp zone, but we wanted to show everyone what the stock fuel system is capable of on full E85 when adding the Crawford Racing CR-Fueler.
Attached Images  

Last edited by Crawford-Racing.com; 03-13-2018 at 01:04 PM.
Old 03-13-2018, 11:49 AM
Higgs Boson
Race Director

Received 2,379 Likes on 1,238 Posts

soooooo.....NOT the stock LT4 fuel system?

is everything click-bait now?
The following users liked this post:
2019 ZR1 (03-17-2018)
Old 03-13-2018, 03:08 PM
timmyZ06
Le Mans Master

Received 262 Likes on 215 Posts

I agree, not stock at all! I was suspicious about doing that on STOCK fuel system, nontheless impressive!!
Old 03-13-2018, 07:11 PM
JHEBERT
Drifting

Received 311 Likes on 220 Posts

Well, Chris is trying to say it was a stock low and high side set-up, with 8 injectors added. So not totally click bait

I am impressed. Chris, in YOUR opinion, what do you think the stock lt4 fuel system will max out at given a PD blower and an automatic on 93/109 mix.
I’d like to see about getting some love and attention from you in a few days when I’m pulling may hair out on the dyno. Right now, it’s a stock fuel system with dual nozzle meth.

John

Last edited by JHEBERT; 03-13-2018 at 07:11 PM.
Mikec7z (04-25-2019)
Old 03-13-2018, 07:31 PM
0Deity.Motorsports
Former Vendor

Received 329 Likes on 225 Posts

This would be lovely for a Magnu 2300 and port injection kit. Keep the cost at the minimum for 800 whp on full e85...
Mikec7z (04-25-2019)
Old 03-13-2018, 08:10 PM
houdini13
Heel & Toe

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

I'm surprised the stock lpfp was able to supply the port injection on top of the hpfp.
Mikec7z (04-26-2019)
Old 03-13-2018, 08:17 PM
JHEBERT
Drifting

Received 311 Likes on 220 Posts

Exactly!
Mikec7z (04-25-2019)
Old 03-14-2018, 08:36 AM
Earl H
Melting Slicks

Received 95 Likes on 72 Posts

Originally Posted by houdini13
I'm surprised the stock lpfp was able to supply the port injection on top of the hpfp.
This is the true shocker in the post! Its actually good news for the corvette community.

Fueling Options are few and very expensive. The CR Fueler provides a $2K port fuel system solution (CR Fueler, Injectors, Rails, etc.) for up to ~840rwhp.

Prior to this you were looking at:
- ~$6K-7.5K (LPE) for DI upgrades (injectors/HPFP) and low side supplementation (e.g. Fore or inline)

or

- ~$7-8.5K (Pro-EFI/MOTEC ACM, Injectors, Rails, etc.) and low side supplementation (e.g. Fore or inline)

Kudos to Crawford Racing for bringing a lower cost solution to the market. I've already purchased a ProEFI for my Z, but eyeing this for the wifes Whipple Sierra 6.2
Mikec7z (04-25-2019)
Old 03-14-2018, 11:47 AM
houdini13
Heel & Toe

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Rail pressures holding during long pulls on the street at that power level?
Old 03-14-2018, 02:07 PM
0Crawford-Racing.com
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by JHEBERT
Well, Chris is trying to say it was a stock low and high side set-up, with 8 injectors added. So not totally click bait

I am impressed. Chris, in YOUR opinion, what do you think the stock lt4 fuel system will max out at given a PD blower and an automatic on 93/109 mix.
I’d like to see about getting some love and attention from you in a few days when I’m pulling may hair out on the dyno. Right now, it’s a stock fuel system with dual nozzle meth.

John
E85 is the true test of a fuel system. The volume demands are increased by a lot on E, but with pump/race gas, I don't see 900-1000 rwhp being a problem with an adequate port injector size. I use 1000 cc for most everything.

I have been tuning and developing the DI with PI setups for a long time, it takes a good balance and understanding of how much to run the DI in relation to the PI, and thjjen to make sure your reported torque is up to keep everything else in check, like the transmission. The guys that are having transmission failures with competitors kits, can likely be traced back to improper torque reporting.

Originally Posted by Earl H
This is the true shocker in the post! Its actually good news for the corvette community.

Fueling Options are few and very expensive. The CR Fueler provides a $2K port fuel system solution (CR Fueler, Injectors, Rails, etc.) for up to ~840rwhp.

- ~$6K-7.5K (LPE) for DI upgrades (injectors/HPFP) and low side supplementation (e.g. Fore or inline)

or

- ~$7-8.5K (Pro-EFI/MOTEC ACM, Injectors, Rails, etc.) and low side supplementation (e.g. Fore or inline)

Kudos to Crawford Racing for bringing a lower cost solution to the market. I've already purchased a ProEFI for my Z, but eyeing this for the wifes Whipple Sierra 6.2
Rail pressures holding during long pulls on the street at that power level?
With keeping the DI in check, the rail pressure hold strong in the 2600-2900 psi range.

None of this testing was put out there to say that you don't need to upgrade the LPFP, but it really depends on power goals, and fuel used. This was also part of the upcoming LT5 testing which will directly carry over to the ZR1.

Last edited by Crawford-Racing.com; 03-14-2018 at 02:07 PM.
The following 2 users liked this post by Crawford-Racing.com:
houdini13 (03-14-2018), Mikec7z (04-26-2019)
Old 03-14-2018, 02:09 PM
mcmillion
Racer

Received 53 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by JHEBERT

John
I agree, we all knew what we were clicking on as his only other posts have been about his port injection option.

Great job OP for the cost of your kit compared to the other options, this is very impressive!
Mikec7z (04-26-2019)
Old 03-14-2018, 02:27 PM
0D3PE
Former Vendor

Received 32 Likes on 29 Posts

or

Correction.

The CR-Fueler with the options listed in this post retails for $5,023.95

The Prospeed ACM retails for $6593.85 including the optional CAN Widebands, Cordes Performance Lowside Fuel System, FID 1000cc Injectors, and Communication cable.

The ACM also has options for on the fly boost control by gear/time/speed/rpm, nitrous control, methanol control, open loop fuel trimming, and fuel pump priming for use in Fore Innovations Fuel systems.

If we are comparing costs on two systems at least get the pricing correct.
Old 03-14-2018, 02:40 PM
0Crawford-Racing.com
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by D3PE
Correction.

The Prospeed ACM retails for $6593.85 including the optional CAN Widebands, Cordes Performance Lowside Fuel System, FID 1000cc Injectors, and Communication cable.

The ACM also has options for on the fly boost control by gear/time/speed/rpm, nitrous control, methanol control, open loop fuel trimming, and fuel pump priming for use in Fore Innovations Fuel systems.

Actually you are the one that is wrong, and really need to keep your product pimping somewhere else. I mean jeesh, you guys pull this nonsense on Facebook, and now here on a forum in a thread that has nothing to do with you guys.
The kit used in this post retails at $1200, add in the sub $700 cost of the 1000cc injectors, puts it in the $2K price range. Not even sure where you would get $5K price for my product, but obviously you are dead wrong.
Mikec7z (04-26-2019)
Old 03-14-2018, 02:47 PM
Earl H
Melting Slicks

Correction.

Not looking to get into pissing contest, my post was meant to compare lowest cost vs lowest cost...not necesarily an apples to apples comparison. Its also wasn't meant as a "which kit is better" statement.

RE: cost...The BASE CR Fueler w/GM ECM can be had for $1,200..not as many bells and whistles but can get you in the game. Injectors: $650, Rails: $150 and misc odds/ends...this assumes u already have an intake or whipple which has provisions for Port injectors. With the new info, no need to add low side parts below 800rwhp on E85. There are some noteable tradeoffs with the entry-level CR Fueler, but again...its the entry level system.

As stated before, I have purchased a ProSpeed/FORE setup for my single turbo build, and looked at both Port and DI solutions, so I am painfully aware of the cost. There are some very useful features that will go well with my turbo build. Its a great setup. Not everyone needs all those features.

The entry level CR fueler setup is looking really appealing for my wife's whipple 6.2 Sierra, with power goals below 840rwhp.

Last edited by Earl H; 03-14-2018 at 03:04 PM.
Old 03-14-2018, 02:48 PM
0D3PE
Former Vendor

I added all the options used in your post on RPM Motorsports website and that's the number I used.

Baro Breakout
Flex Fuel Kit (Im ASSUMING you used to test FlexFuel content)
Fuel Rails for the MSD Intake
87lb/hr Injectors
MAP Sensor
MSD Intake with Drilling for Fuel Rails

My cart total says: $$5,023.95
http://rpmmotorsportsnc.com/i-23428833-cr-fueler.html

I wasn't pimping anything until our product was tagged in this post and someone decided to post pricing that was incorrect.
Old 03-14-2018, 02:58 PM
0D3PE
Former Vendor

Not looking to get into pissing contest, but the BASE CR Fueler w/GM ECM can be had for $1,200...not as many bells and whistles but can get you in the game. Injectors: $650, Rails: $150 and misc odds/ends...this assumes u already have an intake or whipple which has provisions for Port injectors. There are some noteable tradeoffs with the entry-level CR Fueler, but again...its the entry level system.

As stated before, I have purchased a ProSpeed/FORE setup for my single turbo build, so I am painfully aware of the cost. There are some very useful features that will go well with my turbo build. Its a great setup.

The entry level CR fueler setup is looking really appealing for my wife's whipple 6.2 Sierra, with power goals below 840rwhp.
There is no pissing contest here.

Lowest Cost vs. Lowest Cost was not used in this case correctly and I made sure that was made aware to everyone.

The cost of what was used in testing by CR is what I posted.

I haven't said anything bad about the CR-Fueler in this thread, only corrected statements that were incorrect on the pricing of our system as well as what is shown online for one of CR's vendors.

If I am incorrect then it appears that vendor has their pricing listed incorrectly

Last edited by D3PE; 03-14-2018 at 03:01 PM.
Old 03-14-2018, 03:13 PM
0Crawford-Racing.com
Former Vendor

Well yes, you are going off a vendors website, and nowhere was there mention of a MSD intake, baro breakouts or the other options you took the liberty to add in to inflate the cost. Why didn't you include that sutff on your price quote of your system? That adds a lot more to your pricepoint.
All my pricing for my product is on MY website. Not even sure why you would go off someone else's, again I can only guess to mislead. For some reason I can't even find pricing of your stuff.....
Bottom line.
Base CR-Fueler $1200
CR-Fueler 2.0 Holley HP single wideband kit $2757
CR-Fueler 2.0 Holley Dominator dual wideband kit $3774
Boost control kit for Holley $208
My 2.0 kits have all the bells and whistles and more....

Link to my pricing page....
https://www.crawford-racing.com/pricing
Mikec7z (04-26-2019)

Get notified of new replies

To Crawford Racing squeezes 841 RWHP from stock LT4 fuel system on full E85!!??

Old 03-14-2018, 03:29 PM
Cordes Performance Racing
Supporting Vendor

Received 1,227 Likes on 774 Posts

You're claiming this with the stock low side pump?
Old 03-14-2018, 03:33 PM
0D3PE
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by Crawford-Racing.com
Well yes, you are going off a vendors website, and nowhere was there mention of a MSD intake, baro breakouts or the other options you took the liberty to add in to inflate the cost. Why didn't you include that sutff on your price quote of your system? That adds a lot more to your pricepoint.
All my pricing for my product is on MY website. Not even sure why you would go off someone else's, again I can only guess to mislead. For some reason I can't even find pricing of your stuff.....
Bottom line.
Base CR-Fueler $1200
CR-Fueler 2.0 Holley HP single wideband kit $2757
CR-Fueler 2.0 Holley Dominator dual wideband kit $3774
Boost control kit for Holley $208
My 2.0 kits have all the bells and whistles and more....

Link to my pricing page....
https://www.crawford-racing.com/pricing

If you are comparing a bare bones system then compare it to a barebones system. Some people are okay with just having a basic port controller. Our customers needs require something that has a little more development and a lot more features to suit their needs.

The vehicle you tested has more expensive options on it than what I listed, those options are simply what is recommended by one of your Vendors. I would assume that means that you personally recommended using those options to them?

The only reason I decided to post on here was that the information you were providing was incorrect. If I was a customer how am I supposed to believe that the kit you used in this test is only $1200.00 if I can go to a Vendor page and add the items together to get almost 4x the cost as advertised for what I will need?

Looks as if this post is the misleading one.

The reason you cannot find our system pricing posted online is that we understand there are many factors that can play into what is needed in a customers port injection kit and would prefer them to call us or one of our verified dealers to give them the correct information they need.
Old 03-14-2018, 03:41 PM
Earl H
Melting Slicks

I added all the options used in your post on RPM Motorsports website and that's the number I used.

Baro Breakout
Flex Fuel Kit (Im ASSUMING you used to test FlexFuel content)
Fuel Rails for the MSD Intake
87lb/hr Injectors
MAP Sensor
MSD Intake with Drilling for Fuel Rails

My cart total says: $$5,023.95
http://rpmmotorsportsnc.com/i-23428833-cr-fueler.html

I wasn't pimping anything until our product was tagged in this post and someone decided to post pricing that was incorrect.
www.crawford-racing.com/pricing

Note: Intake assumed as part of FI package or again PD blower with port provision. I think you'll see that my math adds up. MAP sensor/Flex Fuel are optional. One of the downsides of the BASE CR fueler is that its not flex fuel capable. Its one or the other. If he addresses that or if he has fixed that, the system becomes even more appealing.

I think having a lower cost entry level option helps EVERYBODY....makes it easier for the new guys to get hooked. More people = more sales.

Quick Reply: Crawford Racing squeezes 841 RWHP from stock LT4 fuel system on full E85!!??