C7 Z06 Discussion General Z06 Corvette Discussion, LT4 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: GEM Motorsports

Ceramic Coating, Clear Bra, and Paint Correction

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2018, 09:55 PM
MechEngr
Intermediate

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Ceramic Coating, Clear Bra, and Paint Correction

Guys,

I recently purchased a used 2015 Z06 and would like to get a paint correction, clear bra and ceramic coating on the car. The car has less than 20k miles and has overall pretty good paint condition. It probably has a couple nicks that might go through the clear coat but is otherwise pretty good. I would like some thoughts and opinions regarding this and am looking for a quality shop to do the work. I am located roughly 100 miles South of Pittsburgh and don't mind travelling a little further to make sure it's done properly. Any thoughts regarding the matter?

Thanks
Old 03-14-2018, 03:48 AM
motodavid2000
Advanced
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 38 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by MechEngr
Guys,

I recently purchased a used 2015 Z06 and would like to get a paint correction, clear bra and ceramic coating on the car. The car has less than 20k miles and has overall pretty good paint condition. It probably has a couple nicks that might go through the clear coat but is otherwise pretty good. I would like some thoughts and opinions regarding this and am looking for a quality shop to do the work. I am located roughly 100 miles South of Pittsburgh and don't mind travelling a little further to make sure it's done properly. Any thoughts regarding the matter?

Thanks
Esoteric is likely one of the best paint correction / protective film application shops in the country. It is in New Albany, Ohio - down by Columbus if that is not too far for you.

https://www.esotericdetail.com/

- Dave
Old 03-14-2018, 08:12 AM
DOOKEY
Melting Slicks

Received 133 Likes on 106 Posts

Esoteric has a ton of great videos too. If you can use them you should.
Old 03-14-2018, 09:57 AM
blackbirdws6
Pro

Received 242 Likes on 139 Posts

I'd grab some touch up paint as well so any detail shop can make the effort to clean up a few easy stone chips before applying the protective film.
Old 03-14-2018, 10:33 PM
hawk02
Drifting

Received 1,551 Likes on 615 Posts

Originally Posted by motodavid2000
Esoteric is likely one of the best paint correction / protective film application shops in the country. It is in New Albany, Ohio - down by Columbus if that is not too far for you.

https://www.esotericdetail.com/

- Dave
I have first hand experience with Esoteric Fine Auto Detailing in New Albany, Ohio. They did stage 1 paint correction, Suntek film over the entire front end, rockers, side mirrors, and rear end followed by two coats of Kamikaze Miyabi SIO2 coating on my Camaro Zl1.

I second the comments of motodavid2000. The Esoteric shop is top notch. These guys really know what they're doing. They treated my car with the up most care the two times it spent more than a week in their shop.

If you can work out the logistics, It will be worth your while to take your car over to New Albany, Ohio.

Here's some photos of my car and their work.
Attached Images     

Last edited by hawk02; 03-15-2018 at 12:34 AM.
The following users liked this post:
motodavid2000 (03-16-2018)
Old 03-15-2018, 01:27 AM
Chi_weezy
Instructor

Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts

At that mileage I’d save my money. I just picked one up with about 1,400 miles and paain’t is in great shape. I’ll drive it about 2k miles per year at most due to having multiple vehicles. I did get some splash guards up front which will help protect from some rock chips. Clear bra is just so damn expensive. If I picked up a brand new loaded C7Z/3LZ/Z07 or a new ZR1 and dropped 100k+ then ya I would consider close to a full clear bra. But spending 3-5k you most likely will not get any of that back. Jmho
Old 03-15-2018, 07:21 AM
Carvin
Melting Slicks

Received 526 Likes on 354 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15-'16

Originally Posted by Chi_weezy
At that mileage I’d save my money. I just picked one up with about 1,400 miles and paain’t is in great shape. I’ll drive it about 2k miles per year at most due to having multiple vehicles. I did get some splash guards up front which will help protect from some rock chips. Clear bra is just so damn expensive. If I picked up a brand new loaded C7Z/3LZ/Z07 or a new ZR1 and dropped 100k+ then ya I would consider close to a full clear bra. But spending 3-5k you most likely will not get any of that back. Jmho
I am leaning this direction too. Just picked up a 2016 Z with 30K miles. Weekend fun toy, mostly drive in the country. That is how I used my C6.
Old 03-15-2018, 01:05 PM
hammer2006
Advanced

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Anybody know of anyone in the Houston area that does this type of work
Old 03-15-2018, 04:37 PM
MechEngr
Intermediate

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Thanks for all of the replies guys! I will definitely be in touch with Esoteric. I do really want the paint protected and ceramic coated to get that really good deep shine.

Hawk02, I really like that ZL1, it looks really good!
Old 03-20-2018, 09:53 PM
FS L88
Cruising

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Rose Detailing in Carlisle,PA does excellent work with the XPEL coverings. I had my 2008 Z06 partially wrapped there and was happy with the work they did on my car. Some of my friends have had their cars done there also with great results. The phone number is 717-258-4000.
As far as getting a car with some miles on it wrapped is a personal decision. If it makes the owner feel more comfortable in protecting the paint on his car I would consider doing it.

Get notified of new replies

To Ceramic Coating, Clear Bra, and Paint Correction

Quick Reply: Ceramic Coating, Clear Bra, and Paint Correction