C7 Z06 Discussion General Z06 Corvette Discussion, LT4 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: GEM Motorsports

2019 ZO6 Vert QUALITY CONTROL ISSUES

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2018, 01:28 PM
Always Red Dave
Le Mans Master

Received 3,112 Likes on 1,736 Posts
Finalist 2020 C7 of the Year -- Unmodified

I always try to tell people to look at these factory imperfections as your first STONE CHIP and it will make it easier knowing the rock chip has taken away the perfect flawless car. I still would try to get factory paint problems corrected but if touch up instead of repaint can be done I go in that direction. Good luck with your troubles.

Last edited by Always Red Dave; 03-15-2018 at 01:28 PM.
Old 03-15-2018, 01:42 PM
OVR60
Burning Brakes

Received 105 Likes on 91 Posts

These quality control problems were overlooked by everyone and with the factory across the street why didn't the Museum send it back to get it fixed. I was under the impression that these problem would be corrected with the Museum delivery.
Old 03-15-2018, 04:36 PM
23/C8Z
Race Director

Received 5,761 Likes on 3,177 Posts

You were wrong.. now we all know. Even though it's across the street it appears to matter none to them. Interested to hear outcome. Such a beautiful car OP. Hope you learn to enjoy it even though they aren't perfect, not by a long shot. Jist sucks they can't have the build quality of even the Camaros. I don't get it.
Old 03-15-2018, 04:48 PM
rob62
Safety Car

Received 1,733 Likes on 874 Posts

Do the Camaro guys have German last names?
Old 03-15-2018, 06:58 PM
383vett
Race Director

Received 1,541 Likes on 1,042 Posts

Hope the problems get resolved.
Old 03-15-2018, 08:52 PM
Millerrock
Pro

Received 233 Likes on 143 Posts

Yes it sux! But don’t think for one minute this doesn’t happen to the best. I was at mclaren looking around and Jesus they had the new roadster and it looked like someone threw sand in the paint there was that much crap in it, I couldn’t believe it, so all cars are the same way anymore.
Old 03-16-2018, 12:50 AM
djnice
Melting Slicks

Received 516 Likes on 445 Posts

Originally Posted by rob62
Do the Camaro guys have German last names?
No kidding. My 13 ZL1 was/is perfect.
Old 03-16-2018, 09:08 AM
BDASSZO6
Instructor

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by BDASSZO6
Just brought my car home from the NCM, where I took delivery. It was an awesome experience to say the least including my delivery falling on my Bday. In addition, I was told this was the FIRST 2019 Delivered. I was, however, extremely disappointed in GM's lack of quality control. Bear in mind that my car had 27 miles on it when I arrived for delivery. When I asked why so many miles were on my car, I was told that my car was one of four pulled at random for an additional quality control audit and that it had been driven in town for a total of 27 miles. Ok, I can live with that, but the issues I discovered when taking delivery were astonishing, especially in lieu of the "additional quality control audit". First, the stinger hood had raised areas that were somewhat spiderweb like. It obviously had been installed without proper cleaning of the hood. They did take the car away immediately and replaced the stinger which I appreciated. It was only after they brought the car back that I realized the drivers door was completely out of alignment and the latch was hitting prematurely due to this. In addition, on my taneau cover? right behind the passengers headrest, appears to be an area the size of a 50 cent piece not fully painted, looks like primer. This after the hoopla of the "New Paint Facility". I realize these cars are production cars, but the Irony regarding this car, the "FIRST 2019 delivered, going through an addition "Quality control audit" and delivered like this blows me away. Now I have to deal with a local Chevy dealer, who I did not buy the car through on Monday to adjust the drivers door and paint the area behind my passengers seat as warranty items. Bottom line is These items were clearly visible to anyone critiquing their new Corvette and certainly visible to anyone at GM handling the quality control as these cars come off the line....... That being said, the staff was extremely accommodating and very thorough regarding features/processes etc.

The car is now at a local Chevrolet dealer since Monday 3/12/18. They are having trouble with the clear painting the effected area on the Taneau cover and are sanding and respraying the area again. I doubt they will be able to get perfection and I'll have to deal directly with GM. Has anyone had similar issues? What is the likelihood that GM will replace the entire Taneau, factory painted to match my car, if even possible?? Respond if you have any advice. This **** has put a serious damper on what should have been a wonderful experience......
I just wanted to give an update on the issues discussed above with my car at the local dealer. Bomin Chevrolet here in Miami did an outstanding job! I could not be happier with the quality of there work and there customer service. Sad that it took a local Dealer to correct numerous obvious quality issues with my car.
Old 03-16-2018, 09:52 AM
gve
Drifting

Received 458 Likes on 204 Posts

Originally Posted by OVR60
These quality control problems were overlooked by everyone and with the factory across the street why didn't the Museum send it back to get it fixed. I was under the impression that these problem would be corrected with the Museum delivery.
I thought the same thing when I picked mine up from the museum.
Here is the drivers seat, which is the first thing I saw when I opened the door. When I asked why this wasn’t replaced before I picked it up his response was we see a lot of seats like that. What a response the passenger seat was perfect.

Old 03-16-2018, 11:55 AM
DOOKEY
Melting Slicks

Received 133 Likes on 106 Posts

Originally Posted by BDASSZO6
I just wanted to give an update on the issues discussed above with my car at the local dealer. Bomin Chevrolet here in Miami did an outstanding job! I could not be happier with the quality of there work and there customer service. Sad that it took a local Dealer to correct numerous obvious quality issues with my car.
Good to hear you have a local dealer worth something. I guess at least that can be a positive.

I bought a 2017 left over and noticed many of the body panels weren't aligned properly. I figured they must have built my car last before they went home on Friday. I just bit the bullet because I knew I could readjust everything at home. I only got there because of the deep discounts they were offering on the car.

It would be difficult to do museum delivery and deal with it your way. It sucks to be so excited only to have the let down and disappointment. It would be a big enough deal for me that I would constantly remember that experience as 50/50.

Hopefully you can have the car at 100% and start to enjoy it. It's like Always Red Dave said... the first stone chip hurts the worst.

POST MORE PICS!!! Has to be a rough life with a vert Z06 in Miami!
Old 03-16-2018, 03:44 PM
tome
Melting Slicks

Received 321 Likes on 140 Posts

I have had 5 museum deliveries, and sad to say the last one, my 2014, was the last time I will give the NCM money for a delivery. The little gold sticker on the door used to mean something; QUALITY!!!! They would take the car back across the street and get if fixed/corrected; but for some reason starting with my 2014 they no longer seem to care about delivering a car that is really ready to drive home. So now my 2017 GS and my incoming Z06 will be delivered by my dealer, which isn't any better than the museum, but at least I won't have spent $2500 extra to get it. I used to HIGHLY recommend a museum delivery, but no longer.

Very glad to see your local dealer got you taken care of......
Old 03-16-2018, 05:01 PM
OVR60
Burning Brakes

Received 105 Likes on 91 Posts

Originally Posted by tome
I have had 5 museum deliveries, and sad to say the last one, my 2014, was the last time I will give the NCM money for a delivery. The little gold sticker on the door used to mean something; QUALITY!!!! They would take the car back across the street and get if fixed/corrected; but for some reason starting with my 2014 they no longer seem to care about delivering a car that is really ready to drive home. So now my 2017 GS and my incoming Z06 will be delivered by my dealer, which isn't any better than the museum, but at least I won't have spent $2500 extra to get it. I used to HIGHLY recommend a museum delivery, but no longer.

Very glad to see your local dealer got you taken care of......
Your comments are right on and why are the factory quality control workers letting these cars leave the factory with so many problems. The factory would have to have a full time worker at the museum just to correct problems that were overlooked across the street. It must cheaper for GM to have the dealers fix problems that buyers find.
Old 03-16-2018, 05:05 PM
DOOKEY
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by OVR60
Your comments are right on and why are the factory quality control workers letting these cars leave the factory with so many problems. The factory would have to have a full time worker at the museum just to correct problems that were overlooked across the street. It must cheaper for GM to have the dealers fix problems that buyers find.
Imagine how many people purchase gift cards each year that go unused.

Same with problems on cars.
Old 03-17-2018, 08:44 AM
DevilDog II
Race Director

Received 888 Likes on 553 Posts
Oldtimer

Originally Posted by 16/C7Z
Email her. It's probably your best chance at full resolution.[/i]
I had a haze on my carbon fiber that I noticed after taking delivery. It looked like oil floating on water for lack of a better description. It wasn't that noticeable, but I figured I paid a lot of money for my car and wanted a new top. I took it back to the dealer and had the body shop manager look at it. They buffed the top, but the haze was still there. The manager agreed with me and said the top should be replaced. He contacted the district rep, who wouldn't come out to look at my car, but requested pictures. The rep looked at the pictures and said that GM wasn't going to replace the top. I filed a complaint with GM and got the same results. It really pissed me off, so I decided to send an email to Mary Barra. I received a phone call the next day from my dealership saying they had been instructed to replace my top. I seriously doubt if Mary Barra saw my email, but someone did. Sometimes it doesn't hurt to go to the top.
Old 03-17-2018, 07:33 PM
BMadden
Safety Car

Received 1,836 Likes on 660 Posts

Originally Posted by DevilDog II
I had a haze on my carbon fiber that I noticed after taking delivery. It looked like oil floating on water for lack of a better description. It wasn't that noticeable, but I figured I paid a lot of money for my car and wanted a new top. I took it back to the dealer and had the body shop manager look at it. They buffed the top, but the haze was still there. The manager agreed with me and said the top should be replaced. He contacted the district rep, who wouldn't come out to look at my car, but requested pictures. The rep looked at the pictures and said that GM wasn't going to replace the top. I filed a complaint with GM and got the same results. It really pissed me off, so I decided to send an email to Mary Barra. I received a phone call the next day from my dealership saying they had been instructed to replace my top. I seriously doubt if Mary Barra saw my email, but someone did. Sometimes it doesn't hurt to go to the top.
Sad that you had to jump through that many hoops on a $100k car. GM never ceases to amaze me.
The following users liked this post:
DevilDog II (03-19-2018)
Old 03-17-2018, 09:38 PM
Not So Fast
Le Mans Master

Received 982 Likes on 711 Posts

Originally Posted by DOOKEY
Good to hear you have a local dealer worth something. I guess at least that can be a positive.

I bought a 2017 left over and noticed many of the body panels weren't aligned properly. I figured they must have built my car last before they went home on Friday. I just bit the bullet because I knew I could readjust everything at home. I only got there because of the deep discounts they were offering on the car.

It would be difficult to do museum delivery and deal with it your way. It sucks to be so excited only to have the let down and disappointment. It would be a big enough deal for me that I would constantly remember that experience as 50/50.

Hopefully you can have the car at 100% and start to enjoy it. It's like Always Red Dave said... the first stone chip hurts the worst.

POST MORE PICS!!! Has to be a rough life with a vert Z06 in Miami!
Hey Dookey, I'm over here in the high rent district trolling around and I see you, how's it going bro??
I'm still in my old GS but maybe someday I'll step up like you did
NSF
Old 03-19-2018, 12:33 PM
DOOKEY
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by Not So Fast
Hey Dookey, I'm over here in the high rent district trolling around and I see you, how's it going bro??
I'm still in my old GS but maybe someday I'll step up like you did
NSF
Please don't hate me.

Quick Reply: 2019 ZO6 Vert QUALITY CONTROL ISSUES