C7 Z06 Discussion General Z06 Corvette Discussion, LT4 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: GEM Motorsports

**Fasten seatbelt Corvette world~Cool Color Combo delivery pics 3/25/18~Mike Furman**

Old 03-25-2018, 07:45 AM
Mike Furman@Criswell
Platinum Supporting Dealership

Received 10,187 Likes on 1,603 Posts
St. Jude Donor '12, '15
Default **Fasten seatbelt Corvette world~Cool Color Combo delivery pics 3/25/18~Mike Furman**

~I had two great mentors while growing up in the Car business, Ken Allen and Gary Konner. Ken was about 20 years older and Gary is only 6 years older. Thru out the 80's I watched, listened and learned unbeknownst to them. Everything I do today with Corvette sales/customers is directly related to what I learned under their wing. Ken passed away approx 4 years ago and Gary and his wife live in Florida. I miss Ken tremendously as we talked several times per year after he retired and I'm thankful that Gary reached out to me a few years ago and we reconnected and speak/text often. Gary's Father was of course Malcolm Konner, simply a pillar in the business world and a leading Chevrolet dealer for many decades.
I mention all of this as the Chevrolet world lost another great dealer out of the Chicago area this week, Bill Stasek. I first met Bill at Spring Mountain Race Track in Nevada for a Callaway meeting and then spent a week at Lemans in 2011 with him. We didn't stop talking the whole week and I'm sure our wives were rolling their eyes. We spoke several times per year right up to just a few weeks ago as he always enjoyed my Corvette posts etc. Rest in Peace my friend, you will be missed by all that met you.
(below is a picture of Bill and I with Ron Fellows at Lemans 2011)

~Fred M. Of North Potomac, MD bought a 2011 Callaway Corvette GS Cpe from me and this time he opted to factory order a 2019 Z06 Convt! Fred chose a Watkins Glen Gray 2019 Z06 Convt with Black Competition Seats, 2LZ Pkg, satin black stinger stripe, 7 Spd manual trans, chrome wheels and Navigation/PDR. Fred had a 11:30am appt. and was gone in under 45 minutes! I could see his perma grin for miles as he drove off.

~Tom J. Of Houston, Texas called me 10 weeks ago to special order a Ceramic Matrix Gray Metallic 2019 Grand Sport Convt. Thursday was Corvette Museum delivery day and I am sure Tom is still grinning ear to ear. Web cam #4 was his Corvettes position and I watched much of his delivery! Tom ordered 3LT Pkg, Red calipers, 7spd manual trans, Black Wheels with red stripe, Jake logo Center Caps,Red stitching, Black top, Red seat belts with code 198 Black interior and the GS Heritage Pkg. This is one Corvette that is a Car Show all by itself! Call 301-212-4420 and I will explain how seamless a Museum delivery is...and FUN...just ask Tom!

~Sukhdeep G. Of Yuba City, California called me 9 weeks ago to factory order his very first Corvette. Sukh chose to order a 2019 Torch Red Stingray Cpe with Adrenaline Red interior, 1LT Pkg, CF badges, Red calipers, Auto trans, Performance exhaust and Black Wheels. This is one Corvette that really pops off the page! I had it drop shipped at his local Chevrolet dealer in Davis, California for Courtesy delivery. In Sukhs own words “I want to thank you for everything. Your service was probably the best I’ve had not just in the auto industry but any customer service industry. You were always quick in answering my questions. Very polite, respectful and knowledgeable. It’s a dream come true for me” Thanks, Sukhdeep G.

~Dail R. Of Menifee, California contacted me to place his 2019 Stingray Corvette Cpe factory order in January. Dail was seeking a Ceramic Matrix Gray Metallic with Black interior, Black Wheels , 1LT Pkg, Auto transmission. I had it drop shipped to their local Chevrolet dealer in Chino and they took Courtesy delivery on Friday. Here in Dail’s own words...”I want to thank you for the way you handled the ordering of my C7. Corvette owners that have posted on Corvette Forums have nothing but good to say about you. This is how I learned about you and your record number of deliveries. Congratulations by the way. I’d like to add my name to that list of satisfied customers. Below is a picture of the wife and I picking the car up. What a wonderful car. Thanks again.
Dail R. -Menifee, California

~Keith W. Of Boonsboro, MD was referred to me by three different Corvette customers. Keith and his Father Jesse drove down in a 2008 Nissan Titan and left in a brand new 2018 Camaro SS in my favorite Blue!

~Other deliveries that left the yard...

Local company needed a used Silverado 1500 for their job foreman.

Another local company bought two new Express vans, probably the 20th pair of vehicles they have bought from me over the last 10 years.

~Andy T. of Ontario, Canada did his Z06 engine build two weeks ago and his new 2019 Z06 will be in his garage in a couple of weeks. I can't sell new vehicles to Canada but I certainly have made many friends there. Last August I met Andy and his wife at Carlisle and then in December he flew to LA for the Auto show and I am sure I will see him this year at Carlisle...and he has already reserved a spot in the Corvette Furman driving experience at Spring Mountain in Pahrump, Nevada for my October class.

~March 1987 my best friend in New Jersey wanted to order a new 1987 Olds 442 (he kicks himself that he didn't get a Corvette!)...I took these pictures as it came off the truck...much like I do today! Some things never change.

~The Frank Class Corvette barn find/Throwback section. Please post up which picture is your favorite.

Have a great week!

Mike Furman
Criswell Chevrolet
Gaithersburg, MD
301-212-4420 desk direct
mfurman@criswellauto.com
CorvetteFurman.com
"Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle"
http://www.automentality.com/want-a-...ough-this-guy/

The following 2 users liked this post by Mike Furman@Criswell:
23/C8Z (03-25-2018), Tally Ho (03-25-2018)
Old 03-25-2018, 08:28 AM
Poor-sha
Track Rat
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 3,400 Likes on 1,372 Posts

The pics of the 87 Olds 442 brought back memories, my mother had one of those when I was a teenager. I just remember how cool I thought the Hurst shifter was.
The following users liked this post:
Mike Furman@Criswell (03-25-2018)
Old 03-25-2018, 08:53 AM
23/C8Z
Race Director

Received 5,750 Likes on 3,172 Posts

great job as always Mike. lots of drop shipped cars especially california? just imagine if you relocated to the heart of the country? you sell 1000 a year! that's all you. Congrats.

like poor-sha, that 442 pic brings back mid 80s performance memories back for me as well (if you could call it that lol). my dad picked up a white Monte Carlo SS in october 84 from Towne Chevy in Toms River (i think that was their name at the time?). maroon interior bench seat (there were 6 of us every seatbelt was spoken for lol.) am/fm no cassette. no trunk release (both added by big brother from chevy parts desk). that's about where my fascination with cars began. i was 11yo. nothing has been the same since. the first time i heard that 1st to 2nd chirp of the tires? i was hooked.

we all have a story how we ended up here. either with a vette or on our way to making that dream happen. it's guys like you Mike, who keep us all connected. thanks.

ps. i believe the lightning rods were only on the 83 hurst olds. olds dumbed everything down moving forward and man was that car a looker but so slow lol..

Last edited by 23/C8Z; 03-25-2018 at 08:56 AM.
Old 03-25-2018, 09:46 AM
cvp33
Melting Slicks

Received 1,050 Likes on 660 Posts

Mike, thanks as always. I love slow scrolling through these pictures. Didn't expect to see a G body in there, and I know this is a Corvette forum, but gotta say I'm a sucker for the old G body:

Buick T-Types and GNX's
Oldsmobile 442's, especially the Hurst editions
Pontiac 2+2 aero coupes

I know that last 2 were 305/307 gutless V8's, but a modern update to an LS3 and right suspension upgrades and they're great cars to me.

Thanks again!
Old 03-25-2018, 10:21 AM
09Z06pj
Le Mans Master

Received 1,100 Likes on 752 Posts

Mike, sorry for the loss of your friend, Mr. Stasek. A familiar name in the car world, for sure. Thanks for the great thread/pictures. Always a Sunday morning highlight. That silver C2 big block with the Rally wheels is my pick this week. Have a good one.
Old 03-25-2018, 06:16 PM
sTz
Le Mans Master

Received 2,397 Likes on 1,586 Posts

Great pics Mike! Thanks for posting
Old 03-26-2018, 06:26 AM
Mike Furman@Criswell

St. Jude Donor '12, '15
Default www.corvettefurman.com ~ 301-212-4420 ~ Mike Furman

Originally Posted by sTz
Great pics Mike! Thanks for posting
Welcome my friend.

Mike

Old 03-26-2018, 08:13 AM
DevilDog II
Race Director

Received 888 Likes on 553 Posts
Oldtimer

Great pictures and I love reading about your customers. I also knew Bill Stasek and attended his funeral service this past week. Bill was a great guy and always made me feel welcome whenever I stopped by the dealership. He was never too busy to say hello and ask me how things were going. He will be missed.
Mike Furman@Criswell (03-26-2018)
Old 03-26-2018, 02:58 PM
Mike Furman@Criswell

St. Jude Donor '12, '15
Default www.corvettefurman.com

Originally Posted by DevilDog II
Great pictures and I love reading about your customers. I also knew Bill Stasek and attended his funeral service this past week. Bill was a great guy and always made me feel welcome whenever I stopped by the dealership. He was never too busy to say hello and ask me how things were going. He will be missed.
Absolutely!

Mike Furman

Get notified of new replies

To **Fasten seatbelt Corvette world~Cool Color Combo delivery pics 3/25/18~Mike Furman**

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: **Fasten seatbelt Corvette world~Cool Color Combo delivery pics 3/25/18~Mike Furman**