2019 C7 Z06 Review/Mod Progress - CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

Notices
C7 Z06 Discussion General Z06 Corvette Discussion, LT4 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2019 C7 Z06 Review/Mod Progress

Old 04-04-2018, 05:49 PM
  #1  
TOPSPOT
CF Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
TOPSPOT's Avatar
 
Member Since: Sep 2014
Location: Los Angeles California
Posts: 142
Thanked 29 Times in 21 Posts
Default 2019 C7 Z06 Review/Mod Progress

Hi All, my journey thread is located here:

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...ey-thread.html

This thread will be my review/mod update thread for Z06 owners to discuss different mods for the car. Currently I am working within the stock warranty and not sure how long that will last but I will make updates in both threads as well as my review for the products I use.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2019 S/O Z06/Z07 M7:

The car is amazing. Of course this has been the best car I have owned/driven. It feels insanely fast compared to my last ZL1 which was modded and I have already taken them to Mexico to see how they fair. The Camaro wasn't running full power due to being in COT mode from a 02 sensor issue so I will run them again soon except my Z06 is lightly modded now. I love the way the car feels/handles and you can really feel the steering response when going through the different driver select modes. The car turns heads everywhere and seems to get better each day I drive it. I ordered the car exactly the way I wanted it and it had to be the best decision I have made in my car purchase and I won't ever settle again when it comes to buying future sports cars.

Cons(Not really that bad):

-Lag Start when in first gear trying to go from a stop.
-Exhaust is way to quiet
-Easy to hit 7th gear instead of 5th

Mods Review(Not affiliated or work for any of the items I review for):

MGW Flat Stick Shifter - This is the very first mod I did to the car and it was definitely a great decision. The shifting is butter smooth, always locks into place (unless I don't hear the click) and makes driving for me a lot easier with the Ball instead of the stock nub. Highly recommended. I also ordered a few more dynamat pieces to help with sound/heat. Only cut up 2 extra pieces when I did the install. Instructions were great until I got to the boot of the shifter where I had to improvise but it is pretty straight forward if you look at the way they zip tied the original piece. Just cut that piece off and re-zip the rubber piece into the shifter boot. You can do this without pulling the shifter boot all the way out of the console.

Tony Mamo Ported Throttle Body - This was the first performance modification I did to the car, it was well worth it as the only modification. It virtually eliminated the issue I had with the lag start and I was able to get the car going much more efficiently without any real effort whether on a flat surface or hill. Tony is also very easy to order from and work with. It definitely isn't snake oil with the M7 and seeing the throttle body in person shows the huge difference from stock.

Halltech CFV Intake - This carbon fiber unit from Halltech is simply gorgeous. I didn't want to touch it with my bare hands, I used gloves. Unfortunately the rumors about fitment are true and it sucks but with effort, it can be made to fit but will still have a small gap at the front of the intake towards the front of the engine compartment (even shows it in the instructions). With the Carbon Fiber unit, it is best to use the PDF instructions as the normal Halltech comes with a rubber seal for where the Frame meets the intake box and the CFV intake does not. It only comes with the rubber seal that holds the intake pipe to the intake box. Other than that, the intake was installed with the Tony Mamo throttle body and the car felt even more incredible. I still don't hear supercharger whine but the car is definitely feeling even faster at this point.

Signature Wheels SV501 19" w/ Toyo R888R - The wheels are definitely lighter than stock and the tires feel so much better for the street than the Sport Cup 2 that I am pretty sure I will stick with this setup for the street. The Wheels make the car feel lighter and there is no longer the tire hop/chatter when I am turning the wheel sharply that I felt before with the Sport Cup 2's. The tires allow the car to grip when I mash the throttle almost every single time (only exception was when the car had just started moments before). The only issue I have with the tires is the road noise. It definitely lets you know they are there due to a sound that is similar to putting air in the tires at all times on the highway.

Borla Catless X-Pipe - The Borla catless X-Pipe is a nice addition if you want to amplify the stock sound (just a little bit). I removed the fuse so that the exhaust always stays open and it is barely louder at cruising speeds but you can definitely hear the car at WOT. This pipe was installed along with the Halltech CAI and Tony Mamo Throttle Body which caused the car to run lean and throw a code. Yes, this is on a 2019 Z06 and the car is still very sensitive to these 3 mods. I found out as soon as I got the car back in which the car felt slower and started being a bit laggy again from a start from standstill while cold. The car also would lag up a bit when trying to mash the pedal in 3rd gear. Things really got bad the more I drove the car as the power kept decreasing and once I really pushed it, it threw a code. Same day it threw the code, I disconnected the battery, swapped the TB back to stock, reconnected the battery, and took the car for a drive where the car performed flawlessly again. Felt very fast but a bit of the lag from a standstill came back but it is definitely not as bad as stock. Will run the car this way for a bit as I am deciding if I want a more conservative TB from Tony or if I want to just return the TB and run stock until I do more mods.

Stay tuned for more and let me know what you guys think, including asking any questions about the following mods, car, or installs!

Last edited by TOPSPOT; 04-04-2018 at 05:50 PM.
TOPSPOT is offline  
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to TOPSPOT For This Useful Post:
djnice (11-08-2018), Rockhop70115 (05-05-2018), timmyZ06 (11-08-2018)
Old 04-04-2018, 05:55 PM
  #2  
Sinistr
CF Senior Member
 
Member Since: May 2005
Location: Gaffney SC
Posts: 188
Thanked 13 Times in 10 Posts
Default


Sinistr is offline  
The Following User Says Thank You to Sinistr For This Useful Post:
TOPSPOT (04-05-2018)
Old 04-04-2018, 06:16 PM
  #3  
64modified
CF Member
 
Member Since: Jan 2006
Location: Corning NY
Posts: 80
Thanked 34 Times in 23 Posts
Default

Glad to hear that the stock setup works with the CAI and Borla X-Pipe. I currently have the Halltech in my car and have the Borla X-Pipe sitting next to it on the garage floor. Was hoping to avoid needing a tune and it sounds like I can. Thanks for the info!
64modified is offline  
The Following User Says Thank You to 64modified For This Useful Post:
TOPSPOT (04-05-2018)
Old 04-04-2018, 07:34 PM
  #4  
Rdubfalco
CF Senior Member
 
Member Since: Mar 2018
Location: Sacramento CA
Posts: 208
Thanked 12 Times in 10 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by TOPSPOT View Post
Hi All, my journey thread is located here:

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...ey-thread.html

This thread will be my review/mod update thread for Z06 owners to discuss different mods for the car. Currently I am working within the stock warranty and not sure how long that will last but I will make updates in both threads as well as my review for the products I use.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2019 S/O Z06/Z07 M7:

The car is amazing. Of course this has been the best car I have owned/driven. It feels insanely fast compared to my last ZL1 which was modded and I have already taken them to Mexico to see how they fair. The Camaro wasn't running full power due to being in COT mode from a 02 sensor issue so I will run them again soon except my Z06 is lightly modded now. I love the way the car feels/handles and you can really feel the steering response when going through the different driver select modes. The car turns heads everywhere and seems to get better each day I drive it. I ordered the car exactly the way I wanted it and it had to be the best decision I have made in my car purchase and I won't ever settle again when it comes to buying future sports cars.

Cons(Not really that bad):

-Lag Start when in first gear trying to go from a stop.
-Exhaust is way to quiet
-Easy to hit 7th gear instead of 5th

Mods Review(Not affiliated or work for any of the items I review for):

MGW Flat Stick Shifter - This is the very first mod I did to the car and it was definitely a great decision. The shifting is butter smooth, always locks into place (unless I don't hear the click) and makes driving for me a lot easier with the Ball instead of the stock nub. Highly recommended. I also ordered a few more dynamat pieces to help with sound/heat. Only cut up 2 extra pieces when I did the install. Instructions were great until I got to the boot of the shifter where I had to improvise but it is pretty straight forward if you look at the way they zip tied the original piece. Just cut that piece off and re-zip the rubber piece into the shifter boot. You can do this without pulling the shifter boot all the way out of the console.

Tony Mamo Ported Throttle Body - This was the first performance modification I did to the car, it was well worth it as the only modification. It virtually eliminated the issue I had with the lag start and I was able to get the car going much more efficiently without any real effort whether on a flat surface or hill. Tony is also very easy to order from and work with. It definitely isn't snake oil with the M7 and seeing the throttle body in person shows the huge difference from stock.

Halltech CFV Intake - This carbon fiber unit from Halltech is simply gorgeous. I didn't want to touch it with my bare hands, I used gloves. Unfortunately the rumors about fitment are true and it sucks but with effort, it can be made to fit but will still have a small gap at the front of the intake towards the front of the engine compartment (even shows it in the instructions). With the Carbon Fiber unit, it is best to use the PDF instructions as the normal Halltech comes with a rubber seal for where the Frame meets the intake box and the CFV intake does not. It only comes with the rubber seal that holds the intake pipe to the intake box. Other than that, the intake was installed with the Tony Mamo throttle body and the car felt even more incredible. I still don't hear supercharger whine but the car is definitely feeling even faster at this point.

Signature Wheels SV501 19" w/ Toyo R888R - The wheels are definitely lighter than stock and the tires feel so much better for the street than the Sport Cup 2 that I am pretty sure I will stick with this setup for the street. The Wheels make the car feel lighter and there is no longer the tire hop/chatter when I am turning the wheel sharply that I felt before with the Sport Cup 2's. The tires allow the car to grip when I mash the throttle almost every single time (only exception was when the car had just started moments before). The only issue I have with the tires is the road noise. It definitely lets you know they are there due to a sound that is similar to putting air in the tires at all times on the highway.

Borla Catless X-Pipe - The Borla catless X-Pipe is a nice addition if you want to amplify the stock sound (just a little bit). I removed the fuse so that the exhaust always stays open and it is barely louder at cruising speeds but you can definitely hear the car at WOT. This pipe was installed along with the Halltech CAI and Tony Mamo Throttle Body which caused the car to run lean and throw a code. Yes, this is on a 2019 Z06 and the car is still very sensitive to these 3 mods. I found out as soon as I got the car back in which the car felt slower and started being a bit laggy again from a start from standstill while cold. The car also would lag up a bit when trying to mash the pedal in 3rd gear. Things really got bad the more I drove the car as the power kept decreasing and once I really pushed it, it threw a code. Same day it threw the code, I disconnected the battery, swapped the TB back to stock, reconnected the battery, and took the car for a drive where the car performed flawlessly again. Felt very fast but a bit of the lag from a standstill came back but it is definitely not as bad as stock. Will run the car this way for a bit as I am deciding if I want a more conservative TB from Tony or if I want to just return the TB and run stock until I do more mods.

Stay tuned for more and let me know what you guys think, including asking any questions about the following mods, car, or installs!
Sounds like you're dancing around the fringes, tune that bad boy and void the warranty and be done. You need tune for any real noticeable gains and or to prevent CEI from happening. Good luck!

Rich
Rdubfalco is offline  
The Following User Says Thank You to Rdubfalco For This Useful Post:
TOPSPOT (04-05-2018)
Old 04-04-2018, 07:59 PM
  #5  
lordofwar
CF Senior Member
 
lordofwar's Avatar
 
Member Since: Nov 2011
Posts: 2,410
Thanked 196 Times in 155 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by TOPSPOT View Post
Hi All, my journey thread is located here:

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...ey-thread.html

This thread will be my review/mod update thread for Z06 owners to discuss different mods for the car. Currently I am working within the stock warranty and not sure how long that will last but I will make updates in both threads as well as my review for the products I use.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2019 S/O Z06/Z07 M7:

The car is amazing. Of course this has been the best car I have owned/driven. It feels insanely fast compared to my last ZL1 which was modded and I have already taken them to Mexico to see how they fair. The Camaro wasn't running full power due to being in COT mode from a 02 sensor issue so I will run them again soon except my Z06 is lightly modded now. I love the way the car feels/handles and you can really feel the steering response when going through the different driver select modes. The car turns heads everywhere and seems to get better each day I drive it. I ordered the car exactly the way I wanted it and it had to be the best decision I have made in my car purchase and I won't ever settle again when it comes to buying future sports cars.

Cons(Not really that bad):

-Lag Start when in first gear trying to go from a stop.
-Exhaust is way to quiet
-Easy to hit 7th gear instead of 5th

Mods Review(Not affiliated or work for any of the items I review for):

MGW Flat Stick Shifter - This is the very first mod I did to the car and it was definitely a great decision. The shifting is butter smooth, always locks into place (unless I don't hear the click) and makes driving for me a lot easier with the Ball instead of the stock nub. Highly recommended. I also ordered a few more dynamat pieces to help with sound/heat. Only cut up 2 extra pieces when I did the install. Instructions were great until I got to the boot of the shifter where I had to improvise but it is pretty straight forward if you look at the way they zip tied the original piece. Just cut that piece off and re-zip the rubber piece into the shifter boot. You can do this without pulling the shifter boot all the way out of the console.

Tony Mamo Ported Throttle Body - This was the first performance modification I did to the car, it was well worth it as the only modification. It virtually eliminated the issue I had with the lag start and I was able to get the car going much more efficiently without any real effort whether on a flat surface or hill. Tony is also very easy to order from and work with. It definitely isn't snake oil with the M7 and seeing the throttle body in person shows the huge difference from stock.

Halltech CFV Intake - This carbon fiber unit from Halltech is simply gorgeous. I didn't want to touch it with my bare hands, I used gloves. Unfortunately the rumors about fitment are true and it sucks but with effort, it can be made to fit but will still have a small gap at the front of the intake towards the front of the engine compartment (even shows it in the instructions). With the Carbon Fiber unit, it is best to use the PDF instructions as the normal Halltech comes with a rubber seal for where the Frame meets the intake box and the CFV intake does not. It only comes with the rubber seal that holds the intake pipe to the intake box. Other than that, the intake was installed with the Tony Mamo throttle body and the car felt even more incredible. I still don't hear supercharger whine but the car is definitely feeling even faster at this point.

Signature Wheels SV501 19" w/ Toyo R888R - The wheels are definitely lighter than stock and the tires feel so much better for the street than the Sport Cup 2 that I am pretty sure I will stick with this setup for the street. The Wheels make the car feel lighter and there is no longer the tire hop/chatter when I am turning the wheel sharply that I felt before with the Sport Cup 2's. The tires allow the car to grip when I mash the throttle almost every single time (only exception was when the car had just started moments before). The only issue I have with the tires is the road noise. It definitely lets you know they are there due to a sound that is similar to putting air in the tires at all times on the highway.

Borla Catless X-Pipe - The Borla catless X-Pipe is a nice addition if you want to amplify the stock sound (just a little bit). I removed the fuse so that the exhaust always stays open and it is barely louder at cruising speeds but you can definitely hear the car at WOT. This pipe was installed along with the Halltech CAI and Tony Mamo Throttle Body which caused the car to run lean and throw a code. Yes, this is on a 2019 Z06 and the car is still very sensitive to these 3 mods. I found out as soon as I got the car back in which the car felt slower and started being a bit laggy again from a start from standstill while cold. The car also would lag up a bit when trying to mash the pedal in 3rd gear. Things really got bad the more I drove the car as the power kept decreasing and once I really pushed it, it threw a code. Same day it threw the code, I disconnected the battery, swapped the TB back to stock, reconnected the battery, and took the car for a drive where the car performed flawlessly again. Felt very fast but a bit of the lag from a standstill came back but it is definitely not as bad as stock. Will run the car this way for a bit as I am deciding if I want a more conservative TB from Tony or if I want to just return the TB and run stock until I do more mods.

Stay tuned for more and let me know what you guys think, including asking any questions about the following mods, car, or installs!
try the GM 100 octane tune.still keeps your warranty.
lordofwar is offline  
The Following User Says Thank You to lordofwar For This Useful Post:
TOPSPOT (04-05-2018)
Old 04-05-2018, 11:37 AM
  #6  
TOPSPOT
CF Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
TOPSPOT's Avatar
 
Member Since: Sep 2014
Location: Los Angeles California
Posts: 142
Thanked 29 Times in 21 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by 64modified View Post
Glad to hear that the stock setup works with the CAI and Borla X-Pipe. I currently have the Halltech in my car and have the Borla X-Pipe sitting next to it on the garage floor. Was hoping to avoid needing a tune and it sounds like I can. Thanks for the info!
Yes, you will definitely be good to go with just an X-Pipe and CAI. Go For it!

Originally Posted by Rdubfalco View Post
Sounds like you're dancing around the fringes, tune that bad boy and void the warranty and be done. You need tune for any real noticeable gains and or to prevent CEI from happening. Good luck!

Rich
Don't worry, I am definitely doing a build and will follow up with that but I plan on running my current setup on the track as my "stock" baseline first then adding mods to see improvements. I want to get a feel for how it performs with these basic mods on the car.

Originally Posted by lordofwar View Post
try the GM 100 octane tune.still keeps your warranty.
I heard about that tune but do I have to run 100 octane at all times though?
TOPSPOT is offline  
Old 04-05-2018, 01:07 PM
  #7  
EMINENT 1
CF Senior Member
 
EMINENT 1's Avatar
 
Member Since: Jul 2002
Location: Somewhere in Dallas TX
Posts: 1,906
Thanked 117 Times in 84 Posts
Default

The Mamo did the same to my 16. Threw a code. Tony said to try it out for a while for the cpu to learn or he'd swap it. I didn't want a lesser ptb so I cleared the codes for a few times with my OBD app and it finally stopped. All has been well since then.
EMINENT 1 is offline  
Old 04-05-2018, 02:11 PM
  #8  
TOPSPOT
CF Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
TOPSPOT's Avatar
 
Member Since: Sep 2014
Location: Los Angeles California
Posts: 142
Thanked 29 Times in 21 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by EMINENT 1 View Post
The Mamo did the same to my 16. Threw a code. Tony said to try it out for a while for the cpu to learn or he'd swap it. I didn't want a lesser ptb so I cleared the codes for a few times with my OBD app and it finally stopped. All has been well since then.
He told me that he would make a more mild version of of the PTB, did you feel your car running slower though during this time?

I do remember seeing your videos and dyno days in which we basically have the same setup but you have magnaflow mufflers right?
TOPSPOT is offline  
Old 04-05-2018, 04:39 PM
  #9  
cajunboyz
CF Senior Member
 
Member Since: Mar 2013
Posts: 379
Thanked 15 Times in 13 Posts
Default

I heard about that tune but do I have to run 100 octane at all times though?[/QUOTE]

I dug into this just a little, Heard from a Perform Guy(Service Manager called GM) the tune is a 93 0ctane(minimum) -100 octane tune). So thats what i found out thus far. Anyone using the 100 octance tune, Running 93 on the streets?
cajunboyz is offline  
Old 04-05-2018, 04:45 PM
  #10  
TOPSPOT
CF Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
TOPSPOT's Avatar
 
Member Since: Sep 2014
Location: Los Angeles California
Posts: 142
Thanked 29 Times in 21 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by cajunboyz View Post
I heard about that tune but do I have to run 100 octane at all times though?
I dug into this just a little, Heard from a Perform Guy(Service Manager called GM) the tune is a 93 0ctane(minimum) -100 octane tune). So thats what i found out thus far. Anyone using the 100 octance tune, Running 93 on the streets?[/QUOTE]


yeah that hat would be hard for me as I am in California. I want to keep things simple so I will be doing a full e85 build eventually
TOPSPOT is offline  
Old 04-05-2018, 06:42 PM
  #11  
EMINENT 1
CF Senior Member
 
EMINENT 1's Avatar
 
Member Since: Jul 2002
Location: Somewhere in Dallas TX
Posts: 1,906
Thanked 117 Times in 84 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by TOPSPOT View Post
He told me that he would make a more mild version of of the PTB, did you feel your car running slower though during this time?

I do remember seeing your videos and dyno days in which we basically have the same setup but you have magnaflow mufflers right?
Yeah, just the Magnaflow axle back that probably adds nothing in hp.
I don't remember any weirdness in the car though when the light came on or during that time. I always cleared the code so I don't know.
EMINENT 1 is offline  
Old 04-05-2018, 08:10 PM
  #12  
Rdubfalco
CF Senior Member
 
Member Since: Mar 2018
Location: Sacramento CA
Posts: 208
Thanked 12 Times in 10 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by EMINENT 1 View Post
Yeah, just the Magnaflow axle back that probably adds nothing in hp.
I don't remember any weirdness in the car though when the light came on or during that time. I always cleared the code so I don't know.
Mufflers are minimal gains in these cars. Your bang for your buck is Long tubes/catless x pipe to factory mufflers with a tune: Best of both worlds for Track and stealth mode /exhaust volume control. Factory mufflers are good.
Rdubfalco is offline  
Old 04-05-2018, 09:10 PM
  #13  
lordofwar
CF Senior Member
 
lordofwar's Avatar
 
Member Since: Nov 2011
Posts: 2,410
Thanked 196 Times in 155 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by TOPSPOT View Post
Yes, you will definitely be good to go with just an X-Pipe and CAI. Go For it!



Don't worry, I am definitely doing a build and will follow up with that but I plan on running my current setup on the track as my "stock" baseline first then adding mods to see improvements. I want to get a feel for how it performs with these basic mods on the car.



I heard about that tune but do I have to run 100 octane at all times though?
car runs fine on 93 and better on 100
lordofwar is offline  
Old 05-01-2018, 05:15 PM
  #14  
cajunboyz
CF Senior Member
 
Member Since: Mar 2013
Posts: 379
Thanked 15 Times in 13 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by lordofwar View Post
car runs fine on 93 and better on 100
Does it make any noticable diference running anything over 93, such as 93 + torco= 97-99
cajunboyz is offline  
The Following User Says Thank You to cajunboyz For This Useful Post:
timmyZ06 (05-01-2018)
Old 05-01-2018, 06:09 PM
  #15  
ACS55
CF Senior Member
 
Member Since: Oct 2016
Location: Hutto Texas
Posts: 493
Thanked 191 Times in 113 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by cajunboyz View Post
Does it make any noticable diference running anything over 93, such as 93 + torco= 97-99
YES!
YES!
Increased octane makes a significant improvement in these cars.
ACS55 is offline  
Old 05-01-2018, 06:28 PM
  #16  
TOPSPOT
CF Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
TOPSPOT's Avatar
 
Member Since: Sep 2014
Location: Los Angeles California
Posts: 142
Thanked 29 Times in 21 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by ACS55 View Post

YES!
YES!
Increased octane makes a significant improvement in these cars.
i thought the computers will only read up to 93 unless you tune for higher octanes?
TOPSPOT is offline  
Old 05-01-2018, 09:03 PM
  #17  
3 Z06ZR1
CF Senior Member
 
Member Since: Mar 2005
Location: salem OR
Posts: 20,943
Thanked 836 Times in 697 Posts
Default

Bottom line is some choice mods double the fun from the Z06. Stock it is needing help. The Mamo PTB and Halltech are great moves.

Only 1 GM car of mine has needed (Major tranny work from a hard 2nd gear) warranty work and that was 15-20 years ago. Now I'm 10 cars later . No worries from losing warranty from mods when you get twice the car.
Over stock.

Last edited by 3 Z06ZR1; 05-01-2018 at 09:08 PM.
3 Z06ZR1 is offline  
The Following User Says Thank You to 3 Z06ZR1 For This Useful Post:
TOPSPOT (11-07-2018)
Old 11-07-2018, 12:48 PM
  #18  
TOPSPOT
CF Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
TOPSPOT's Avatar
 
Member Since: Sep 2014
Location: Los Angeles California
Posts: 142
Thanked 29 Times in 21 Posts
Default Update 11/7/2018

Been very busy but going to try to keep this going for sure my instagram is @sebring_z06 which I update a little more often.

Billy Boat Fusion with Speed Way Tips (For Sale)
Thoughts:
Looking at the pipes they looked really good and the mufflers are a bit lighter than stock but they are definitely still a bit heavy. The Speedway tips looked great as the inside of mine looked coated but they outside remained chrome.

Sound: Definitely a deeper throatier sound than stock mufflers. It is louder at start up and has a much better tone but overall it gets really quiet when cruising and after warming up. Needless to say I wasn't completely satisfied with the setup because I believe these would sound even better with headers or cat delete pipes, it was just too tame for me, I also started figuring its time to shave weight off the car. I do need to mention that the flaps are really not good at all, I can barely tell a difference in the quiet/loud mode when using the Mild to Wild switch.

Sooooooooooo...

Akrapovic Evolution
Purchase & Install: I got a great price for these, definitely not MSRP (PM me for the vendor). I wanted to see for myself what the rave was about. I AM GLAD I DID. This has to be the most beautiful and lightest exhaust I have ever seen in my life. The weight of the entire system is incredible, the finish is flawless and the Install was super smooth.

Cat-Delete Pipes
Purchase and Install:
Talking with NORCAL-SS and SALCOLKAT, I decided to pull the trigger on the Cat Delete Pipes as well as the recommended Big Daddy 90 degree sims. I called Tony for questions which of course he answered without any hesitation, and he shipped the pipes out to me same day as promised. The pipes arrived very quickly and they are built with incredible quality. So much so that they matched the quality of my Akrapovic Evolution exhaust almost perfectly as if it all came from the same place. The install was straight forward for both Tony's Pipes and the Evolution exhaust and everything looks incredibly clean. I didn't get the ceramic coating as I figured the pipes will just pass exhaust through without restriction so they won't hold much heat.

Opinion
I believe the cat delete pipes and the Evolution are the best combination for the C7 Z06 overall considering quality and weight for performance gains (If money is no object). The sound is crazy loud with the valves open and at 3000 RPM it screams even when cruising, not sure how I feel about the sound it makes as it almost sounds like a drone, and I almost feel bad for cruising by people with their windows down while at that RPM range. But when you are accelerating it sounds down right menacing. With the valves closed it sounds much more like having the Borla X-Pipe with the Stock exhaust. So far the exhaust smell hasn't been crazy but it is there but I do not daily drive my car. As far as the CEL i have put 100 miles on it and i have had no issues PERIOD. I feel a little bit of back pressure loss down low, but the car makes up for it quickly and definitely feels faster than before. Anyone looking for more sound or a way to get the header effect without tuning, I highly recommend NORCAL-SS's setup.
TOPSPOT is offline  
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TOPSPOT For This Useful Post:
RegnaR (11-08-2018), thewb (11-08-2018)
Old 11-08-2018, 05:08 PM
  #19  
timmyZ06
CF Senior Member
 
timmyZ06's Avatar
 
Member Since: Jul 2010
Location: montreal quebec
Posts: 5,090
Thanked 158 Times in 137 Posts
Default

I was hoping that the 19 TB was better, its a new one for 19, i guess not!!
timmyZ06 is offline  
The Following User Says Thank You to timmyZ06 For This Useful Post:
TOPSPOT (11-09-2018)
Old 11-08-2018, 10:36 PM
  #20  
RegnaR
CF Senior Member
 
RegnaR's Avatar
 
Member Since: Oct 2012
Location: Kansas City
Posts: 391
Thanked 21 Times in 19 Posts
Default

nice! where did you get the akra? had one on my c6z and might have to eventually put one on the c7z
RegnaR is offline  
The Following User Says Thank You to RegnaR For This Useful Post:
TOPSPOT (11-09-2018)

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 2019 C7 Z06 Review/Mod Progress


Sponsored Ads
Vendor Directory

Contact Us About Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: