C7 Z06 Discussion General Z06 Corvette Discussion, LT4 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: GEM Motorsports

What's a tune worth on a stock Z06

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2019, 07:04 PM
jstewart
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 209 Likes on 159 Posts

The reason I used a Diablo tuner was I was concerned about the safety of the stock tune with the bolt on mods and I wanted to be able to reinstall my stock tune for the dealer. Worked out fine until the Diablo tuner failed and I had to send it back for warranty repair. They repaired it and sent it back minus my stock Z06 tune which they then could not replicate so my plan for getting around warranty issues went down the drain. I got no help or answer from Diablo concerning the loss of my stock tune files. I then said the hell with it and took the car to Weapon X, had them modify it & tune with HP Tuners which turned out very well. For what it's worth given my experience I will say the Diablo 93 octane tune works for a bolt on car.
Old 02-01-2019, 08:25 PM
C7/Z06 Man
Safety Car

Received 449 Likes on 354 Posts

Default Backup

Reading some of the threads on the DiabloSport I have seen the suggestion a number of times to make a copy of the stock tune on your computer in case something happens like your tuner gets stolen, lost, damaged, etc. so you can upload your stock tune to a new/replacement DS tuner.
The following users liked this post:
jseams (02-16-2021)
Old 02-02-2019, 05:08 PM
The T-man
Pro

Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts

Any know a HP Tuners shop or capable individual in Norcal to tune?
My warranty runs out soon

Quick Reply: What's a tune worth on a stock Z06