Question about 2017 Z06 side skirts and XPEL - CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

Go Back  CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion > C7 Corvette > C7 Z06 Discussion
Reload this Page >

Question about 2017 Z06 side skirts and XPEL

Notices
C7 Z06 Discussion General Z06 Corvette Discussion, LT4 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Question about 2017 Z06 side skirts and XPEL

Old 04-19-2018, 10:41 PM
  #1  
CaptainSlow
Junior Member
Thread Starter
 
Member Since: Apr 2018
Location: Orlando Florida
Posts: 16
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Question about 2017 Z06 side skirts and XPEL

Just bought a 2017 Z06 and I am getting Xpel on it next week. The Xpel web site lists three different rocker panel kits for a 2017 Z06 and I want to make sure they are ordering the right piece for the rocker panel. The options are as follows:

1) Rocker panel with side skirts
2) Rocker panel without side skirts
3) Rocker panel with side rocker extensions

This is my first Corvette so excuse my ignorance. I either have option #1 or option #3 I believe. I called Xpel customer service, but the individual seemed unsure what was the correct option. Thanks for your help. I am attaching pics.
Attached Images    
CaptainSlow is offline  
Old 04-19-2018, 10:55 PM
  #2  
3 Z06ZR1
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!
 
3 Z06ZR1's Avatar
 
Member Since: Mar 2005
Location: salem OR
Posts: 20,573
Thanked 801 Times in 666 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by CaptainSlow View Post
Just bought a 2017 Z06 and I am getting Xpel on it next week. The Xpel web site lists three different rocker panel kits for a 2017 Z06 and I want to make sure they are ordering the right piece for the rocker panel. The options are as follows:

1) Rocker panel with side skirts
2) Rocker panel without side skirts
3) Rocker panel with side rocker extensions

This is my first Corvette so excuse my ignorance. I either have option #1 or option #3 I believe. I called Xpel customer service, but the individual seemed unsure what was the correct option. Thanks for your help. I am attaching pics.
The 2017 has a different skirt we call it the 3/4 skirt. I don't think was listed. The other years with skirts are full length to the rear wheel well.
My 2015 I first put on full length skirts but I actually like the 2017 skirt look so I added them to my 2015. They seem to do the job as well!
I think number one and you would trim the expel to length

Last edited by 3 Z06ZR1; 04-19-2018 at 10:59 PM.
3 Z06ZR1 is online now  
The Following User Says Thank You to 3 Z06ZR1 For This Useful Post:
CaptainSlow (04-19-2018)
Old 04-19-2018, 11:21 PM
  #3  
CaptainSlow
Junior Member
Thread Starter
 
Member Since: Apr 2018
Location: Orlando Florida
Posts: 16
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by 3 Z06ZR1 View Post
The 2017 has a different skirt we call it the 3/4 skirt. I don't think was listed. The other years with skirts are full length to the rear wheel well.
My 2015 I first put on full length skirts but I actually like the 2017 skirt look so I added them to my 2015. They seem to do the job as well!
I think number one and you would trim the expel to length
I think you are right, its just hard to tell from the drawings they have on their web site. Were side rocker extensions an option for 2017? Is that one of the Aero kits?
CaptainSlow is offline  
Old 04-20-2018, 08:10 PM
  #4  
Always Red Dave
CF Senior Member
 
Always Red Dave's Avatar
 
Member Since: Oct 2005
Location: Plymouth Massachusetts
Posts: 7,445
Thanked 1,206 Times in 861 Posts
Default

Are you doing it yourself if not installer should order it for you. I have the 3/4 skirts on my 2017 Z06 and they are covered with Xpel.
Always Red Dave is offline  
Old 04-20-2018, 08:17 PM
  #5  
16/C7Z
CF Senior Member
 
16/C7Z's Avatar
 
Member Since: Oct 2008
Location: NJ
Posts: 4,792
Thanked 1,037 Times in 812 Posts
Default

Iirc. All the side pieces what we refer to as side skirts are listed in gm catalogue as "rocker extensions" mayne it's 3/4 and full? The installer will know. And if not just call Xpel
16/C7Z is offline  
Old 04-21-2018, 10:47 PM
  #6  
CaptainSlow
Junior Member
Thread Starter
 
Member Since: Apr 2018
Location: Orlando Florida
Posts: 16
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by 16/C7Z View Post
Iirc. All the side pieces what we refer to as side skirts are listed in gm catalogue as "rocker extensions" mayne it's 3/4 and full? The installer will know. And if not just call Xpel
I called Xpel twice and could not get a definitive answer. Installer thinks its option 1 but isn't sure. I guess I will find out. Just didn't want to have to make this a two step process if I get the wrong pre-cut piece.
CaptainSlow is offline  


Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Question about 2017 Z06 side skirts and XPEL


Sponsored Ads
Vendor Directory

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: