C7 Z06 Discussion General Z06 Corvette Discussion, LT4 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: GEM Motorsports

C & R Radiator for Z06

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2018, 08:15 PM
04SeaFive
Racer

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
C7 of Year Finalist (performance mods) 2019

Default C & R Radiator for Z06

Good evening. I have a 2015 M7 Z07 that I track a few times a year. I haven't experienced an overheating problem yet, but engine temps are very high at the end of each run. One of the Forum Vendors has a C&R aftermarket radiator for sale and touts it to solve Z06 overheating problems. I'd like your opinion on this replacement radiator and if it's worth the expense to purchase and install. Let me know if you've installed this heat exchanger and if it cooled your temps and increased your RWHP.
Old 05-19-2018, 08:59 PM
Bill Dearborn
Tech Contributor

Received 8,926 Likes on 5,332 Posts

Originally Posted by 04SeaFive
Good evening. I have a 2015 M7 Z07 that I track a few times a year. I haven't experienced an overheating problem yet, but engine temps are very high at the end of each run. One of the Forum Vendors has a C&R aftermarket radiator for sale and touts it to solve Z06 overheating problems. I'd like your opinion on this replacement radiator and if it's worth the expense to purchase and install. Let me know if you've installed this heat exchanger and if it cooled your temps and increased your RWHP.
What temps do you consider to be high engine temps? I have the GMPP Secondary Radiator added to my 2015 M7 Z07 and the highest temps I have seen when running in mid 90s ambient temps are mid 220s for coolant and mid 270s for oil. The secondary radiator is an easy install with the major effort being removing the driver's side front wheel well liner to gain access to some hoses. Once installed your car will have the identical radiator setup the 2017 and newer M7 Z06s have. For less than a $1000 you can install it yourself and it won't void your power train warranty if there is an overheating issue that takes out the engine.

Bill
Old 05-20-2018, 03:30 PM
04SeaFive
Racer

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
C7 of Year Finalist (performance mods) 2019

Originally Posted by Bill Dearborn
What temps do you consider to be high engine temps? I have the GMPP Secondary Radiator added to my 2015 M7 Z07 and the highest temps I have seen when running in mid 90s ambient temps are mid 220s for coolant and mid 270s for oil. The secondary radiator is an easy install with the major effort being removing the driver's side front wheel well liner to gain access to some hoses. Once installed your car will have the identical radiator setup the 2017 and newer M7 Z06s have. For less than a $1000 you can install it yourself and it won't void your power train warranty if there is an overheating issue that takes out the engine.

Bill
thank you, Bill. It seems like you recommend the conversion.
Old 09-12-2023, 11:12 AM
a_ahmed
Burning Brakes

Received 35 Likes on 29 Posts

Anyone compare this spec radiator to the LG Motorsports radiator?

I read running integrated oil cooler may cause drop in pressure, so I would rather just use an external oil cooler too and just the radiators for its intended water purpose.

Get notified of new replies

To C & R Radiator for Z06

Quick Reply: C & R Radiator for Z06