C7 Z06 Discussion General Z06 Corvette Discussion, LT4 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: GEM Motorsports

LG Nurburgring Chassis #002 Complete

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2018, 05:07 PM
LG Motorsports
Premium Supporting Vendor

Received 571 Likes on 292 Posts
St. Jude Vendor Donor '03-'04-'05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11

Default LG Nurburgring Chassis #002 Complete

Hi Guys,

This is what we built for our run at the Nurburgring Nordschleif with our C7 Z06, with our Race proven LG Motorsports parts and expertise. “We race.....YOU win!”

LG Dual Intercooler package
LG Super Cool Radiator w Race fan
LG External oil cooler
LG G7X3B Cam
LG Solid Engine and transmission mounts
LG Super Pro 1 7/8” Headers
LG Carbon Fiber Racing seats
LG Super Shifter, M7 Shifter
LG complete suspension,
LG-Bilstein double adjustable Coil over,
LG Swaybars,
LG monoball suspension,
LG Drop Spindles
LG 4 Point Roll bar, chassis mounted
Bilstein double adjustable coil over shocks
*StopTech Custom Big Racing brakes
LG Carbon Brake Cooling ducts
Tilton/LG Exclusive 3 disc carbon clutch/Flywheel
Michelin pilot sport cup 2 tires
LG GR-7 Wheels
LG Aero package
LG Aero Louvered Hood
Front Splitter/Under tray with Venturi tunnels
LG Rear GT2 wing
Borla HP Mufflers

Thanks and See you at the races!!

Lou Gigliotti.
LG Motorsports ——>> “Where Money Buys Speed!”
LG Motorsports Park

We can build anyone a complete car or supply ANY of the parts or modifications you see here. Give us a call. 972-429-1963

The following 8 users liked this post by LG Motorsports:
360Lemans (05-20-2018), Checkmate1 (05-25-2018), cvp33 (05-20-2018), EMINENT 1 (05-24-2018), johnglenntwo (05-21-2018), Monkey D. Luffy (05-29-2018), Pizz (05-25-2018), thebishman (05-29-2018) and 3 others liked this post. (Show less...)
Old 05-20-2018, 05:53 PM
wwx8989
Advanced

Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts

Any info on how much it weights as it sits now?
amazing build guys!
Old 05-20-2018, 06:24 PM
LG Motorsports

we added a lot but we removed just as much. Right now it is about 100 pounds lighter than when we got it.
48 pounds of that is just in the Carbon 3 Disc Clutch/Flywheel 18 pounds vs the stock Clutch/flywheel 66 pounds
I will keep you all posted when we swap out the rest of the parts like Race Seats etc.

LG
Old 05-21-2018, 09:45 PM
Checkmate1
Burning Brakes

Received 212 Likes on 128 Posts

Awesome! Keep in mind, the Ring has sound restrictions. Don't want you flying all the way there and getting banned. Best to check beforehand.

Last edited by Checkmate1; 05-21-2018 at 09:45 PM.
Old 05-21-2018, 10:55 PM
LG Motorsports

Do you know what the allowed DB level is?

LG.
Old 05-23-2018, 08:37 AM
johnglenntwo
Le Mans Master

Received 164 Likes on 148 Posts
Default It's hard to imagine how you would stack-up over there! ;)

http://nurburgring.org.uk/noise.php (95db(A)

But, it's fun trying (Speed enough for the GT2 RS?)!

Last edited by johnglenntwo; 05-23-2018 at 12:11 PM.
Old 05-23-2018, 11:27 PM
LG Motorsports

Originally Posted by johnglenntwo

Not sure about that but maybe the GT3 Porsche time But the goal is to break just below a 7 minute time. It is no mean feat for sure but we will give it our all.

I have a local Nurburgring racer who is going to help me to learn The track starting at the June track day. Then I have 4 more days on track. I think it will be a good event.

We are going testing with the new car in a week or so to dial in some new springs and trying a new set up to keep the car off the ground while still maintaining control and a semi soft chassis set up.

We do not want the car to be lacking in any respect.

LG
Old 05-25-2018, 04:14 PM
johnglenntwo
Le Mans Master

Received 164 Likes on 148 Posts
Default This could be God status here! ;)

Originally Posted by LG Motorsports
Not sure about that but maybe the GT3 Porsche time But the goal is to break just below a 7 minute time. It is no mean feat for sure but we will give it our all.

I have a local Nurburgring racer who is going to help me to learn The track starting at the June track day. Then I have 4 more days on track. I think it will be a good event.

We are going testing with the new car in a week or so to dial in some new springs and trying a new set up to keep the car off the ground while still maintaining control and a semi soft chassis set up.

LG
And at a minimum a lot of fun!
Old 05-25-2018, 04:43 PM
MacRoadie
Racer

Received 89 Likes on 76 Posts

LG
If the Nordschleife is anything, it's bumpy and uneven. They've flattened some of the more severe spots out, but there's still a lot of bouncy sections. I'd look at the ZR1 videos on YouTube (if you haven't already) to see where their splitter did some asphalt surfing. The entrance to the Carousel is particularly rough.
Old 05-26-2018, 03:39 PM
KnightDriveTV
Supporting Vendor

Received 2,314 Likes on 990 Posts

Originally Posted by johnglenntwo

This is a misinterpretation, there are dual noise limits. This is the static testing method, and is correct, but there is also a non static method which the testing stations use.

Do you know what the allowed DB level is?

LG.
Official noise testing is done with the meter at a 45-degree angle approximately 3.5 ft from the exhaust, with the engine revs at 2/3rds of redline...this is the near field method. If you're flagged, you have to pull in and pass this. You can also just get it done ahead.

There is also the maximum sound-power level (140 dB [A]) stipulated by Nürburgring Betriebsgesellschaft mbH, measured when the vehicle is driving past.

This is what the ZR1 struggled with, so they did the bolt on additional mufflers with the turn aways to avoid the 140db measurement at full song.

In the end, it comes down to how Rob and company have booked the track time. If you're doing full laps obviously and not "Bridge to Gantry" like a random day with traffic, then it's could be different. Companies like "Track Days" have a 130db static limit and I think they can be louder ....i.e. racecar. ZR1 would test day to day on regular bridge to gantry entry/exit (no straightaway) and subject to the typical Nordschleife db limits, so they had to mod. If you're going to go out there and run with lap tickets for initial shakedown and feel, then you'll be subject to the Nordschleife rules, but on the day of reckoning, you may have less restrictions, depending.

In my book, if you get under 7 minutes, you've WON...WON WON. That's going to be an intense lap with little forgiveness to error...the problem is, on the full lap, you have to exit, do your out lap (7+ minutes), then come by for the hot lap. One mistake, one error and you've chewed a lot of tire and 15+ minutes. To get under 7min, all while compressing the schedule to get the car set up, get comfortable and find some braking points, etc...I think you've won the championship of life if you get under 7 min. I think it very much depends on how much actual track time you get, and of course...the weather.

Last edited by KnightDriveTV; 05-26-2018 at 03:50 PM.
The following users liked this post:
Checkmate1 (05-27-2018)
Old 05-26-2018, 05:16 PM
Rumba
Pro

Received 61 Likes on 41 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15
Default Good Luck Lou

Your car looks awesome and should be wicked fast. My money’s on you!
Old 05-27-2018, 11:33 AM
Checkmate1
Burning Brakes

Received 212 Likes on 128 Posts

Agreed 100% with KITT. Get under 7 minutes and the world will be on notice.

Curious choice of wheels. I would've thought you would have some lightweight forged wheels.

In addition, I am surprised you did not use DSC for the Magride. It can definitely give an edge. Confidence is everything at the Ring!

Last edited by Checkmate1; 05-27-2018 at 11:40 AM.
Old 05-28-2018, 10:49 PM
Operations
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 231 Likes on 132 Posts

Lou
I like that front splitter, can you talk about it?
LG Motorsports (05-29-2018)
Old 05-29-2018, 01:19 AM
LG Motorsports

Originally Posted by Operations
Lou
I like that front splitter, can you talk about it?
Hi.
Yes we make it in house. It is designed like our GT2 splitter-Undertray with our ground effect tunnels built in.

Yes call me at LGM and we can talke about it.

Lou G

Old 05-29-2018, 01:47 AM
LG Motorsports

Originally Posted by Checkmate1
Agreed 100% with KITT. Get under 7 minutes and the world will be on notice.

Curious choice of wheels. I would've thought you would have some lightweight forged wheels.

In addition, I am surprised you did not use DSC for the Magride. It can definitely give an edge. Confidence is everything at the Ring!
We have tried and true Bilstein Coil over package with a unique dual spring that we are using PLUS Bilstein Germany is on board with their own valving that they already developed for Nurburgring

One thing I can tell you guys is that we have succeeded in so many venues because I do my best to not leave anything to doubt.
That does not mean automatic success at Nurburgring but it means that we will have at least a leg up on the challenge.

I have never had 5 full track days on any track before getting to run on it. Yes Nurburgring is 3 times longer than any track we run on so that gives me 1.66 days to test on each third of the full track.

Our double adjustable Coil overs are much better and more controllable than the mag ride shocks.

This will not be easy but it is very do-able.
4 of the 5 tracks days will be using our Corvette C7 Z over there.

I can not stress enough that we will have a German Nurburgring experienced driver to show me the key points that I will need to know about to shorten the learning curve.

On a side note, we have sold Black Nurburgring Chassis #002 to a buyer who will let us proceed with the plan to take this car to Germany to make our run. We hope to return it to the buyer with a great time slip.

Thanks for all the support.

Lou Gigliotti
LG Motorsports
Checkmate1 (05-29-2018)

Get notified of new replies

To LG Nurburgring Chassis #002 Complete

Quick Reply: LG Nurburgring Chassis #002 Complete