C7 Z06 Discussion General Z06 Corvette Discussion, LT4 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: GEM Motorsports

Best way to get out of 2018 Z06 with 770 miles.

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2018, 09:10 AM
Cercone
Racer

Received 65 Likes on 47 Posts

Most people buy these cars for the performance and exterior looks. I can’t quite wrap my head around you and Speedy only driving any car less than 1000 miles and wanting to sell. It would be more gentle getting **** raped by a group of meth heads repeatedly than the beating you all are about to take.

Did you ever consider the 3lz interior?

Last edited by Cercone; 06-09-2018 at 09:25 AM.
The following users liked this post:
CorvetteBrent (06-12-2018)
Old 06-09-2018, 09:11 AM
TeamG
Advanced

Received 14 Likes on 3 Posts

My condolences, buyer's remorse is a real drag especially when spending that much on anything. Suggestion? If you're going to take that much of a hit reselling it, perhaps take it to the track and do a few road course track days; enjoy that thing for what it's designed for. You may have a change of heart.
The following users liked this post:
CorvetteBrent (06-12-2018)
Old 06-09-2018, 09:28 AM
Speedy32
Heel & Toe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Cercone
Most people buy these cars for the performance and exterior looks. I can’t quite wrap my head around you and Speedy only driving any car less than 1000 miles and wanting to sell. It would be more gentle getting **** raped by meth heads repeatedly than the beating you all are about to take.

Don't get me wrong, I love this car. Bought it to throw on the DR's and hit the track. I was a little disappointed that it could only achieve 11.2 with DR's, ported TB and Haltech but hey its fun.
I am a power boat junkie by heart and I found out that I will be transferred to Florida mid -late July. Currently in desert West TX. Im just clearing way to get back into speed on the water.
Just wish I did a little more homework on resale on this car. My previous corvettes never took as steep of a hit!

Last edited by Speedy32; 06-09-2018 at 09:32 AM. Reason: pic
Old 06-09-2018, 09:35 AM
Cercone
Racer

Received 65 Likes on 47 Posts

I hear you. Unfortunately your car is still so new and GM builds these by the masses. If you can’t get what you want right away; maybe put a couple, few thousand in the interior to tighten it up while you own it. Good luck, I love power boats 👍🏻

Last edited by Cercone; 06-09-2018 at 09:36 AM.
Old 06-09-2018, 09:57 AM
Speedy32
Heel & Toe

Originally Posted by Cercone
I hear you. Unfortunately your car is still so new and GM builds these by the masses. If you can’t get what you want right away; maybe put a couple, few thousand in the interior to tighten it up while you own it. Good luck, I love power boats 👍🏻
Im not the interior guy. love the car in and out. I realize I will have the car for some time due to the floods of these cars.
Another aggravating case is the local drag strip im moving to has the roll bar/roll cage rules. (Gainsville). If i cant track it without these mod's it drives me harder to sell.
Old 06-09-2018, 09:58 AM
flying_vette
Pro

Received 239 Likes on 140 Posts

Yeah good idea, why take a bath selling it if it’s the quality of the interior that’s bothering...spend a few grands and make it all carbon fiber or all leather, many vendors here on the forum. But if it’s just a buyers remorse then a different story.
Old 06-09-2018, 09:58 AM
Ggpz06
Racer

Received 53 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by desibaba
You will need lots of KY Lubricant. I have a 2018 2lz z06 auto with PDR. MSRP was $89,570. I paid $78K + taxes. Looks like you got robbed when you were buying the car. Although on a personal level as a Sales Manager of a car dealership im certainly impressed by your salesman. I need more guys like him working for me.
I dont think ur way so wont need any KY....sticker was 95k PDR and stage 2/3 car in flash ground effect package...I got it for 80k plus taxes, tags dealer fees. That's 15k off sticker, how did I get ripped off? I have a 4k ground effect kit on mine which yours doesn't and I only paid 2k more than you. Hmmmmmmm your a sales manager you say? Funny
Old 06-09-2018, 10:01 AM
Ggpz06
Racer

Thanks to those who are being helpful without the bashing.
Old 06-09-2018, 10:16 AM
zergi06
Racer

Received 56 Likes on 45 Posts

I just bought a 19’ 2LZ for $83k. Msrp was $94. Taking that into consideration you’re best hope would be low $70’s.
Old 06-09-2018, 10:45 AM
Zo62018A8
Melting Slicks

Received 361 Likes on 216 Posts

Originally Posted by Ggpz06
Thanks to those who are being helpful without the bashing.
All im saying is you will not get remotely close to what you paid for it. Say you lose $8k that means for the 700 miles you drove it ended up costing you almost 12 dollars per mile. I have been in this business for 10 years and I still never understand how anyone can buy or lease a vehicle and then within a thousand miles say they dont like it. What kind of research were you doing it when you initially got it? Its not a pair of jeans you can return to macys because you didnt like it
Old 06-09-2018, 10:52 AM
bd377103
Instructor

Received 76 Likes on 47 Posts

is it a M7 by any chance?
Old 06-09-2018, 11:01 AM
1991Z07
Safety Car

Received 72 Likes on 49 Posts

If the interior is your deal...send it out and have it done over. Carvaggio and others do STELLAR work in transforming the interior into something only seen in supercars.

If there are other issues you have with it...then you are going to get soaked...that few miles doesn't mean anything. It's been titled, it's a used car...and as such depreciation hits you between the eyes.

As said earlier...trade-in at the dealership for something else and you MAY get closer to your asking price as they have some wiggle room there with the numbers.
Old 06-09-2018, 11:07 AM
Zo62018A8
Melting Slicks

Received 361 Likes on 216 Posts

Originally Posted by 1991Z07

If there are other issues you have with it...then you are going to get soaked...that few miles doesn't mean anything. It's been titled, it's a used car...and as such depreciation hits you between the eyes.
The thing that will hit the car the hardest is because it has been registered the next guy who buys it (unless he is paying cash) will get a substantially higher used car interest rate so most people will pass up on a car like that and get a new one.

Last edited by Zo62018A8; 06-09-2018 at 11:07 AM.
Old 06-09-2018, 11:11 AM
JerriVette
Race Director

Received 3,948 Likes on 2,177 Posts

Just keep the car three years and use it everyday.

At the end of three years that’s when you sell it...

At the five year mark the car will be worth 50 to 60 percent of its value..

20 percent as you drive off the lot easy..

Might as well enjoy it as a daily and call it a learning experience..

Figure the lease costs of any 100 grand car, then multiple the 36 months...sell it then and move on..

Unless your wife is screaming at you.

Then plan to live in the car...lol (Kidding)

If she is the reason then just sell it and what ever you lose just figure it’s cheaper than a divorce attorney...and a split on marital assets.

The boat stuff will have to wait...unless you got a good friend who will bail you out as a favor..and take the car off your hands...

Strangers will expect 20 percent ..

I say tell your wife to pound sand..and if it’s the boat deal then wait 3 years..

Trade a guy whose selling the type of boat you want...boats depr3ciate faster than cars big time...might work for you..

Good luck

Last edited by JerriVette; 06-09-2018 at 11:16 AM.
Old 06-09-2018, 11:27 AM
Kent1999
Le Mans Master

Received 1,651 Likes on 825 Posts

With this latest bit of info (bolded in your quote below), you’re going to take an even bigger hit than we’ve estimated — You’ve modded your car in ways that will block(void) your powertrain warranty.

So, given used status, the lack of powertrain warranty, and the less-popular color, I’d estimate mid to high $60’s ACV. Lots of really great deals on brand new Z06 now, and the availability of the new ZR1 putting downward pressure on used, high content Z06’s too.

As others have said, if you trade in for another expensive car, the dealer probably has enough wiggle room to make your trade look better on paper, if that makes the loss more palatable to you.

Sorry to hear about your change of heart. Best of luck in your next car.

Originally Posted by Speedy32

Don't get me wrong, I love this car. Bought it to throw on the DR's and hit the track. I was a little disappointed that it could only achieve 11.2 with DR's, ported TB and Haltech but hey its fun.
I am a power boat junkie by heart and I found out that I will be transferred to Florida mid -late July. Currently in desert West TX. Im just clearing way to get back into speed on the water.
Just wish I did a little more homework on resale on this car. My previous corvettes never took as steep of a hit!

Last edited by Kent1999; 06-09-2018 at 11:35 AM.
Old 06-09-2018, 11:29 AM
1991Z07
Safety Car

Received 72 Likes on 49 Posts

Originally Posted by desibaba
The thing that will hit the car the hardest is because it has been registered the next guy who buys it (unless he is paying cash) will get a substantially higher used car interest rate so most people will pass up on a car like that and get a new one.
It's actually more than even that...

A new car still has all of the factory warranty, and with inventory being so high right now when you can get a brand new car for the same price and not wonder what the previous owner was like (street racer or cruiser)...it makes the choice EASY.

Friend of mine got a 2018 GS Z07 last year...it had been bought, driven for 190 miles and traded in on a Z07 because it wasn't enough power. It sat on the dealer lot in used cars for almost a YEAR...and they kept whittling the price down until it was sold for $73k. It was a 3LT with EVERYTHING...sticker (with the car) said it was $97k new.

He basically stole the car for $4k over the base price of a Grand Sport...

As for the interest rates...it depends on your credit rating. He got his with a 4% interest rate...

Only downside was the original owner didn't have the splitter and skirts installed, and they are long gone by now. And even though it wasn't redeemed, since he wasn't the "original owner" of the car, he had to pay full price for the Ron Fellows Driving School.
Old 06-09-2018, 11:51 AM
Ggpz06
Racer

Originally Posted by Kent1999
With this latest bit of info (bolded in your quote below), you’re going to take an even bigger hit than we’ve estimated — You’ve modded your car in ways that will block(void) your powertrain warranty.

So, given used status, the lack of powertrain warranty, and the less-popular color, I’d estimate mid to high $60’s ACV. Lots of really great deals on brand new Z06 now, and the availability of the new ZR1 putting downward pressure on used, high content Z06’s too.

As others have said, if you trade in for another expensive car, the dealer probably has enough wiggle room to make your trade look better on paper, if that makes the loss more palatable to you.

that guy isn't me the OP ha but thanks

Get notified of new replies

To Best way to get out of 2018 Z06 with 770 miles.

Old 06-09-2018, 12:07 PM
Speedy32
Heel & Toe

Originally Posted by Kent1999

Please prove to me and everyone else here how a ported TB and Haltech CA will void the warranty!! I can have them off and back to original in hours. No Tune performed on car. If I was to sell to a private I would disclose and offer my wheels, CA, and TB. To a dealer its going back 100% stock with no harm to car.
Old 06-09-2018, 12:15 PM
Kent1999
Le Mans Master

Received 1,651 Likes on 825 Posts

Originally Posted by Speedy32
Please prove to me and everyone else here how a ported TB and Haltech CA will void the warranty!! I can have them off and back to original in hours. No Tune performed on car. If I was to sell to a private I would disclose and offer my wheels, CA, and TB. To a dealer its going back 100% stock with no harm to car.
It doesn't matter what *I* can prove or disprove, only what GM Corporate thinks.

Ask anyone at GM (not the goofballs at the dealer -- all high-$ warranty coverage decisions are made at the GM corp level) if a ported TB and an aftermarket non-GM intake will endanger your powertrain warranty, and get back to us. There have been countless threads on this topic, all with the same conclusion. I think you'll find this to be true with some reading of these threads and your warranty fine print.

Your plan is what most people do -- return to stock before selling/trading. As long as there has been no tune, likely will be good to go.

Last edited by Kent1999; 06-09-2018 at 01:18 PM. Reason: edited for civility! :)
Old 06-09-2018, 12:21 PM
Speedy32
Heel & Toe

Originally Posted by JerriVette
Just keep the car three years and use it everyday.

At the end of three years that’s when you sell it...

At the five year mark the car will be worth 50 to 60 percent of its value..

20 percent as you drive off the lot easy..

Might as well enjoy it as a daily and call it a learning experience..

Figure the lease costs of any 100 grand car, then multiple the 36 months...sell it then and move on..

Unless your wife is screaming at you.

Then plan to live in the car...lol (Kidding)

If she is the reason then just sell it and what ever you lose just figure it’s cheaper than a divorce attorney...and a split on marital assets.

The boat stuff will have to wait...unless you got a good friend who will bail you out as a favor..and take the car off your hands...

Strangers will expect 20 percent ..

I say tell your wife to pound sand..and if it’s the boat deal then wait 3 years..

Trade a guy whose selling the type of boat you want...boats depr3ciate faster than cars big time...might work for you..

Good luck

I originally jumped on the OP's thread stating I have a stickered car of 104K and expect to only get mid to low 70's out of it.
I have no wife problems, Im just one of those dumb @ss's who buy and sell very impulsively. Ive had many cars come and go and do not fret over money. I have lots of time as my transfer to Florida comes, as I will be settling into job and settling into a home.
Ive had many of boats as I have cars and now getting back to boating is my goal so I have placed car for sale. My goal was to list at 85 and drop monthly 1K.
You never know, someone might see all there wants in my car and I can sell before I get to the low 70's.

Again, I love the car. Maybe in florida I may get to take it out and enjoy it

Quick Reply: Best way to get out of 2018 Z06 with 770 miles.