C7 Z06 Discussion General Z06 Corvette Discussion, LT4 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: GEM Motorsports

Best way to get out of 2018 Z06 with 770 miles.

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2018, 12:34 PM
NmtMev
Drifting

Received 97 Likes on 67 Posts

Originally Posted by Ggpz06
I ended up getting a Black Rose 2018 2LZ for 89k out the door. Any members wanna help me help you? Potential buyers?
you can post it up on the for sale forum with a price and see if you have any takers...

just for fun get a trade in quote from
carvana.com or vroom.com

both of their quotes were always higher than the car max quote for me anyways.

best part is you don't even have to leave your house, just enter the vin and some pictures and they will send you a quote within a few hours.

if you live in the LA area you can use shift.com It's an all inclusive service, they do all the work and if your car doesn't sell for what you like they give you the option of them buying your car for a set price before you even agree to their service.

those are some options I hope that helps.
Old 06-09-2018, 12:45 PM
Speedy32
Heel & Toe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Kent1999
Go ahead and laugh it up. It doesn't matter what *I* can prove or disprove, only what GM Corporate thinks.

Ask anyone at GM (not the goofballs at the dealer -- all high-$ warranty coverage decisions are made at the GM corp level) if a ported TB and an aftermarket non-GM intake will endanger your powertrain warranty, and get back to us. There have been countless threads on this topic, all with the same conclusion. Go do some reading of these threads and your warranty fine print.

Your plan is what most people do -- return to stock before selling/trading. As long as there has been no tune, likely will be good to go.

No reason for a pissing match. I have done plenty of reading. I just felt you made a pretty broad statement that I no longer have a powertrain warranty due to a couple of bolt ons.
I do agree that if powertrain damage occurred GM would hang me out for anything! But I would ensure car was 100% stock as it returned!
Old 06-09-2018, 12:48 PM
Kent1999
Le Mans Master

Received 1,651 Likes on 825 Posts

Originally Posted by NmtMev
you can post it up on the for sale forum with a price and see if you have any takers...

just for fun get a trade in quote from
carvana.com or vroom.com

both of their quotes were always higher than the car max quote for me anyways.

best part is you don't even have to leave your house, just enter the vin and some pictures and they will send you a quote within a few hours.

if you live in the LA area you can use shift.com It's an all inclusive service, they do all the work and if your car doesn't sell for what you like they give you the option of them buying your car for a set price before you even agree to their service.

those are some options I hope that helps.

Good ideas about getting quotes from all the national services (Carvana, vroom, even CarMax). I've found that their "cash buy" quotes often (but not always) beat what I have been offered at the dealer. And it costs you nothing to get a quote. At least it gives you some ballparks on value.
Old 06-09-2018, 12:53 PM
MSG C5
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2,681 Likes on 1,482 Posts
2022 C5 of the Year Finalist - Modified
2021 C5 of the Year Finalist - Modified
C7 of the Year - Modified Finalist 2021
Finalist 2020 C7 of the Year -- Modified
2020 C5 of the Year Finalist - Modified
C5 of Year Finalist (appearance mods) 2019
2018 C5 of Year Finalist

Sorry that you have had such a change of heart. As we all know, any new car, Corvettes included, lose a good chunk of value the moment you drive it off the dealer lot. However, I'm OK with that as I usually keep my cars at least 5 years and it's a price I pay for not having to deal with costly repairs, warranty issues, etc.

The good news is you have a color that is no longer produced so maybe you can match up with a buyer who has remorse over not ordering/buying Black Rose when it was available. Since you have such low miles, it's basically getting a near-new car.

If you can't match up with such a buyer, trade up into something more expensive even if it's a different brand, etc. Dealers have more room to negotiate on the trade value when presenting the financing options based on manufacture incentives, etc.

Either way it's going to hurt, it just depends on what you are more comfortable with.

Last edited by MSG C5; 06-09-2018 at 12:53 PM.
Old 06-09-2018, 12:55 PM
rikhek
Safety Car

Received 860 Likes on 393 Posts

In typical forum fashion 90% of people posting don't answer the question asked. I offer the two best options/answers to your question:

1. Provided it's an auto and not M7 park it on the "wrong" side of town with key fob on dash and windows open.

2. Park it on wrong side of town and throw a match in your "stolen" car.
Old 06-09-2018, 01:00 PM
Mr. Gizmo
Le Mans Master

Received 641 Likes on 476 Posts

Originally Posted by rikhek
1. Provided it's an auto and not M7 park it on the "wrong" side of town with key fob on dash and windows open.
Good point. Not only is an automatic quicker down the quarter mile. I am sure it’s faster to get rid of in this manner.

however now that the suggestion is posted in an open forum and big brother is looking over everyone’s shoulder, even if the op’s car is legitimately stolen or torched someone somewhere that has a financial interest like the insurance company or law enforcement will find this thread and trace it back to the op and deny any claim illegal or not illegal. So it’s a bad idea. It’s worth a 10k hit selling this thing versus the infinite amount of grief and cost getting caught

if the op is penny wise and pound foolish he could part the car out- the sum of the individual parts is worth more then the whole car—- well maybe not being an almost brand new car.

Like the op i am not so thrilled with this car after the purchase but the price was right and I am not going to spend big money for a Porsche , Ferrari or Lambo
The c7z makes the wife happy. She thinks it’s pretty and likes going out on our dinner date nights with the targa roof removed and it’s less hassle for me then dealing with my c6z getting the heads fixed.

if the op feels financially pinched And is making monthly payments. He should take his lumps sooner then later. He will be much better off in the long run.

Last edited by Mr. Gizmo; 06-09-2018 at 01:24 PM.
Old 06-09-2018, 01:16 PM
Kent1999
Le Mans Master

Received 1,651 Likes on 825 Posts

Originally Posted by Speedy32
No reason for a pissing match. I have done plenty of reading. I just felt you made a pretty broad statement that I no longer have a powertrain warranty due to a couple of bolt ons.
I do agree that if powertrain damage occurred GM would hang me out for anything! But I would ensure car was 100% stock as it returned!
Mea Culpa -- I've edited out the admittedly snippy start of my post. Sorry about that.

But yes, in fact, you can easily get your warranty voided (blocked) with just a few bolt-ons if they are in place when going to the dealer. Always best to RTS and sell the parts separately as you already know and avoid unpleasant discussions with GM corp in case there's an issue!
The following users liked this post:
Mick14 (06-11-2018)
Old 06-09-2018, 02:14 PM
3 Z06ZR1
Team Owner

Received 900 Likes on 742 Posts

Shouldve gone the 1 owner low mileage route so I wouldn't be in such a loss.like now.
I got in my 1 owner 2017 A8 last year that was 86k for 68k with 1515 miles.
I bought it to compliment my M7.

I would mod the car. It makes the car a whole new machine. You will regain interest very fast.
No complaints on the interior. Not sure what is not to like?
Old 06-09-2018, 02:28 PM
JCSRT8
Instructor

Received 19 Likes on 11 Posts

720 Miles and you don't like it??? You didn't give it a chance to grow on you man, but good luck on finding a replacement.
Old 06-09-2018, 04:26 PM
Kurac
Burning Brakes

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

In typical CORVETTE forum fashion 90% of people posting don't answer the question asked.
Fixed it for you.
This site is extremely comical.

OP, love the color of your Z. Definitely my favorite color and loved it when it came out in 1992. As only a few mentioned, try Carmax and companies of that sort. This will be your best bet. Good luck!
Old 06-09-2018, 04:52 PM
rob62
Safety Car

Received 1,733 Likes on 874 Posts

In typical forum fashion 90% of people posting don't answer the question asked. I offer the two best options/answers to your question:

2. Park it on wrong side of town and throw a match in your "stolen" car.
Your correct about the non answers but at least they are relatively harmless. I'm betting the op is enjoying life on the outside and will pass on your methods.
Old 06-09-2018, 05:00 PM
Ggpz06
Racer

Received 53 Likes on 27 Posts

Appreciate all the feedback thanks.
Old 06-09-2018, 05:10 PM
wonka12_98
Pro

Received 131 Likes on 94 Posts
St. Jude Donor '16

You ARE going to take a BIG financial hit if you sell now! The end.
Old 06-09-2018, 05:35 PM
Kingtal0n
Melting Slicks

Received 723 Likes on 497 Posts

Originally Posted by 3 Z06ZR1
I got in my 1 owner 2017 A8 last year that was 86k for 68k with 1515 miles.
I bought it to compliment my M7.

I would mod the car. It makes the car a whole new machine. You will regain interest very fast.
No complaints on the interior. Not sure what is not to like?
Was waiting for this.

The point of these cars, IMO, is the expandability. Modify-ability. The whole heart beat of Chevrolet racing thing is based on the idea that this car is just a platform, a canvas from which each individual owner applies his or her own special touches to make it theirs.

Think gaming system with spare slots/ports for additional capability.
Old 06-09-2018, 05:47 PM
docf
Burning Brakes

Received 22 Likes on 16 Posts

I traded my 15 A8 with very low mileage, no mods,well cared for in the recent past and bought a 15 Ferrari Italia 458 with very low mileage that had everything I wanted from color to interior. I liked the Vet, but did not like the reference to it looking like a bat mobile. The more I looked at it the more I saw a bat mobile. Love the fact that I traded up, did the math, justified financially my new purchase. Chev. just made too many of these cars for what was initially to be a limited production vehicle. The Vette was solid, interior was well designed, but overall car too large and cumbersome. If it was my old C2, brand new would have kept it and been happy. Do what you have too, start looking at what you what, make your deals and when you run your numbers you will know. I currently love my new car and their is no looking back. Life is short. Good motoring!
Old 06-09-2018, 05:56 PM
spearfish25
Melting Slicks

Received 727 Likes on 479 Posts

The only way out without a huge financial hit is to wreck it and collect insurance assuming you have coverage that will cover you for your purchase price.
Old 06-09-2018, 06:02 PM
zergi06
Racer

Received 56 Likes on 45 Posts

Originally Posted by spearfish25
The only way out without a huge financial hit is to wreck it and collect insurance assuming you have coverage that will cover you for your purchase price.
Assuming that it was accidental. Because otherwise he would need a heck of a lot more KY. Bubba in the slammer will love a fresh piece of a meat.
The following users liked this post:
motodavid2000 (06-10-2018)

Get notified of new replies

To Best way to get out of 2018 Z06 with 770 miles.

Old 06-09-2018, 06:20 PM
DaveFerrari458
Melting Slicks

Received 1,984 Likes on 935 Posts

I'm not looking to get a Ferrari or Porsche or Lamborghini....I just dont feel like Chevy crafted the interior well. At first glance yea it was cool and comfy. But you start to notice the details and all the cheap parts. The wide body Z06 lines and the LT4 is what drew me in. If I was to go back, I would've gone the S63 Amg Coupe direction. When I was 18, I had a 2000 WS6 Trans am and loved it so much, always wanted to graduate to a corvette. Just a lil disappointed. Shouldve gone the 1 owner low mileage route so I wouldn't be in such a loss.like now.
If you are so into interior quality then you should have gone with the 3LT. It's a big step up! Btw, go sit in a $89K Porsche and you'll see that it's not all that! But I do agree, the high-end MBZ's have really stepped up in the interior dept. in the last few years! Waaayyy better than their previous models of just 3-5 years ago.
Old 06-09-2018, 08:16 PM
Poor-sha
Track Rat
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 3,400 Likes on 1,372 Posts

I just sold a 2017 3LZ Z07 M7 loaded to the hilt in Torch Red to make way for my ZR1. The car stickered around 110K as I recall and I got 12% off when I bought it just under a year ago. When I went to sell it a year later CarMax offered me 62K and the dealer did a bit better.

The fact is that the market is flooded with these car and GM has been discounting the heck out of them so the value has dropped like a rock. I'd be surprised to see you get much more than $70K private sale and I know that hurts. The reality though is that the car is only going to continue to lose value so if you're unhappy you might as well rip the band-aid off, take the hit, and move on.

If really the interior is the only issue then I would suggest talking to Caravaggio as they can do some incredible things for far less than the "loss" if you sell the car. In the end that the money is spent so either way you're not going to get it back. I wish you the best.
Old 06-09-2018, 10:39 PM
NmtMev
Drifting

Received 97 Likes on 67 Posts

Appreciate all the feedback thanks.
I really didn't wanna say this, and bar all the negative comments from this thread. You had enough money to acquire this Z06, I mean for 90 large at that.... you test drove it, you sat in it... you had so many other options to choose from...90k dude ( M3, M4, MB AMG,) .. thats a ton of money, for most people...man to man, why did you buy the car in the first place?
That's all. I'm not bashing you or calling you out for some macho keyboard fight?
if your gonna,say it's an impulse buy, or you thought that you wanted it but you didn't, just let that purchase price sink into your head for a minute.
if you made a mistake at least live up to it. **** happens man.

Quick Reply: Best way to get out of 2018 Z06 with 770 miles.