C7 Z06 Discussion General Z06 Corvette Discussion, LT4 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: GEM Motorsports

Detailed review of a Mamo Motorsports ported TB

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2018, 01:56 PM
Puttnutt24
Instructor

Received 24 Likes on 17 Posts

Hello Tony.
Im not to aware of your product but from what I gather is for 399.00 you provide a new GM throttle body which you port and polish. The performance gains alone sounds awesome but looking under the hood, does your throttle body look any different then a stock unit?
Old 06-25-2018, 10:09 PM
Tony @ Mamo Motorsports
Supporting Vendor

Received 905 Likes on 370 Posts

Originally Posted by Puttnutt24
Hello Tony.
Im not to aware of your product but from what I gather is for 399.00 you provide a new GM throttle body which you port and polish. The performance gains alone sounds awesome but looking under the hood, does your throttle body look any different then a stock unit?
It's actually $390 shipped.....looks OEM from the outside as it's a brand new ported GM throttle body.

Email me if you have further questions or would like to order one

mamomotorsports@yahoo.com

Thanks,
Tony

Please take the time to also visit my website at www.MamoMotorsports.com

Last edited by Tony @ Mamo Motorsports; 06-25-2018 at 10:11 PM.
Old 07-05-2018, 05:12 PM
JasonC.
Intermediate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I run one of these on my 2nd Gen CTS-V A6 and it was a nice improvement. I just purchased a '16 Z06 A8 and this will be the first mod I do for sure. The Mamo Throttle Body might be here before the car arrives!!
Old 07-26-2018, 10:06 AM
jstewart
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 209 Likes on 159 Posts

[QUOTE=extents;1597419863]Another Mamo TB convert here. Installed the new TB last week and immediately noticed a difference in how my '16 A8 Z06 drives. Specifically, the jittery torque lag/surge I notice from on/off throttle is now gone. The car drives much smoother than before. This makes this mod alone worth the upgrade. The car almost drives like my previous NA Z06's in normal driving conditions. You obviously feel the SC kick in when you stab the throttle, but otherwise the car drives so much better. The throttle response is also much better, but the driving behavior of this car is clearly much improved.

Tony I got the TB and my Burger filter installed yesterday. The quote above exactly mirrors my experience so far. Immediately noticed a difference in off idle throttle response and the elimination in the jittery torque lag/surge I had from on/off & off/on throttle. I got a baseline dyno done before install these two mods and I will get a dyno follow up test hopefully next week. If you're T.B. didn't make any more performance the difference in how the car drives is worth every dollar.
Old 08-04-2018, 05:44 PM
twowinns
Racer

Received 155 Likes on 106 Posts

Installed my Mamo PTB this morning, and really love it. In addition to eliminating the dead area early in the peddle, I can really notice an increase in power and torque (which I wasn’t expecting).

I also have a Vitesse throttle controller, which I turned off when first trying the TB. I could definitely tell a major improvement from the stock TB. I then turned on the Vitesse, and gradually increased the setting to 9. To me, now the car is a real beast.

While the Mamo TB by itself is great, combining it with the Vitesse is the best combination and outcome for me. It really feels now like I have a turbo in the engine.

Last edited by twowinns; 08-04-2018 at 06:33 PM.
Old 08-04-2018, 08:19 PM
Tony @ Mamo Motorsports
Supporting Vendor

Originally Posted by twowinns
Installed my Mamo PTB this morning, and really love it. In addition to eliminating the dead area early in the peddle, I can really notice an increase in power and torque (which I wasn’t expecting).

I also have a Vitesse throttle controller, which I turned off when first trying the TB. I could definitely tell a major improvement from the stock TB. I then turned on the Vitesse, and gradually increased the setting to 9. To me, now the car is a real beast.

While the Mamo TB by itself is great, combining it with the Vitesse is the best combination and outcome for me. It really feels now like I have a turbo in the engine.
Glad you were pleased with the TB......its it a true performance mod increasing the net airflow that the engine is able to process into more power (the TB moves 15% more airflow with the porting work!)

The Vitesse is obviously something that tricks the peddle into moving more quickly than your foot is actually commanding. Some of my customers have had to turn it down some with the addition of the ported TB and/or eliminate it due to throwing codes.

The reason Im sharing is you may end up throwing a code with the combination of both especially if you have the Vitesse turned up some. If that's not an issue and your willing to experiment some with what level may not be an issue that's great but I felt I should share some information based on the feedback I have gotten from a handful of clients. Every car and situation is different, If you like this current setup alot leave it and see how it goes.....just be prepared you might have an issue is really all Im trying to share.

I appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback and Im glad your loving the new TB.....it is the best bang for the buck going for a 7th Gen Vette or a 6th Gen Camaro bar none!

Regards,
Tony

Last edited by Tony @ Mamo Motorsports; 08-04-2018 at 08:20 PM.
The following users liked this post:
twowinns (08-04-2018)
Old 08-04-2018, 08:34 PM
twowinns
Racer

Received 155 Likes on 106 Posts

Originally Posted by Tony Mamo
Glad you were pleased with the TB......its it a true performance mod increasing the net airflow that the engine is able to process into more power (the TB moves 15% more airflow with the porting work!)

The Vitesse is obviously something that tricks the peddle into moving more quickly than your foot is actually commanding. Some of my customers have had to turn it down some with the addition of the ported TB and/or eliminate it due to throwing codes.

The reason Im sharing is you may end up throwing a code with the combination of both especially if you have the Vitesse turned up some. If that's not an issue and your willing to experiment some with what level may not be an issue that's great but I felt I should share some information based on the feedback I have gotten from a handful of clients. Every car and situation is different, If you like this current setup alot leave it and see how it goes.....just be prepared you might have an issue is really all Im trying to share.

I appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback and Im glad your loving the new TB.....it is the best bang for the buck going for a 7th Gen Vette or a 6th Gen Camaro bar none!
Regards,
Tony
Thanks for the heads-up, Tony.

No codes thrown so far. If that happens, I may have to dial back the Vitesse a little. Until then, I’m having a hell of a time enjoying the combination.

BTW...great product and great doing business with you. I have a few buddies, who helped me install it today, that might have been sold on

Last edited by twowinns; 08-04-2018 at 08:37 PM.
Old 08-05-2018, 02:44 AM
Puttnutt24
Instructor

Received 24 Likes on 17 Posts

To many positive reviews to believe this doesn't help these engines breath, I'm sold..
One concern however, I have a '17 Z06 M7 with a GM Performance Intake Kit, Corsa Xtreme Cat-Back w/X-Pipe.
Tony, with these mods and the addition of your TB will I experience any CEL's?
Thanks..
Rich A
Old 08-05-2018, 02:53 AM
Tony @ Mamo Motorsports
Supporting Vendor

Originally Posted by Puttnutt24
To many positive reviews to believe this doesn't help these engines breath, I'm sold..
One concern however, I have a '17 Z06 M7 with a GM Performance Intake Kit, Corsa Xtreme Cat-Back w/X-Pipe.
Tony, with these mods and the addition of your TB will I experience any CEL's?
Thanks..
Rich A
I have flow bench proof of the better breathing.....LOL

1000 CFM versus 850 ish CFM is a quite substantial gain directly in front of the hungry blower

Regarding your 2017 and the mods you have it shouldn't be a problem but knowing its a 17' with a handful of other mods I will probably put you in a slightly more conservative unit to help you avoid the CEL situation.

Email me and mention this conversation we had and I will email you back instructions on how to purchase....its very simple

Regards,
Tony

Old 08-07-2018, 01:07 PM
MRHTRD
Pro
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 27 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by Tony Mamo
I have flow bench proof of the better breathing.....LOL

1000 CFM versus 850 ish CFM is a quite substantial gain directly in front of the hungry blower

Regarding your 2017 and the mods you have it shouldn't be a problem but knowing its a 17' with a handful of other mods I will probably put you in a slightly more conservative unit to help you avoid the CEL situation.

Email me and mention this conversation we had and I will email you back instructions on how to purchase....its very simple

Regards,
Tony
Tony,

Thanks for the update on your info. I have had yours installed for what seems like a couple of years now. I have a few questions regarding my application and some changes that I intend to make which I will send to you via email.

Thanks
Dave
Old 08-09-2018, 07:21 AM
AgDriller
Advanced

For what it's worth, I installed one of Tony's PTB's along with a BMS filter last night. Definitely wakes up the car on tip in and lower throttle inputs. I only went for a short test drive after installation. Will put some more miles on it this weekend.

Seems like there's plenty of data on the forum to substantiate this already, but just wanted to add another data point and thank Tony for a great product and great service.

BTW - '17, 3lz, Z07, M7 with about 700 miles on her.
Old 08-09-2018, 08:56 AM
saleen556
Le Mans Master

Received 2,202 Likes on 1,193 Posts

Originally Posted by AgDriller
For what it's worth, I installed one of Tony's PTB's along with a BMS filter last night. Definitely wakes up the car on tip in and lower throttle inputs. I only went for a short test drive after installation. Will put some more miles on it this weekend.

Seems like there's plenty of data on the forum to substantiate this already, but just wanted to add another data point and thank Tony for a great product and great service.

Let us know how it feels after a few hundred miles. I have the Tony Mamo installed and love it. The BMS is still sitting in my garage.
Old 08-09-2018, 09:45 AM
AgDriller
Advanced

Will do. Probably take a couple of weeks or so. It's not a daily driver.
Old 08-10-2018, 04:01 AM
Tony @ Mamo Motorsports
Supporting Vendor

Originally Posted by AgDriller

Hey there

Thanks for the positive feedback! Appreciate you taking the time to post

Off topic question.....what is that a picture of in your avatar?

Great night shot of what looks like an intriguing place to be.....LOL

-Tony
Old 08-10-2018, 07:55 AM
AgDriller
Advanced

Tony,

As you can see I've been a member since '07, just not a big contributor. That picture is of a brand new semi-submersible drilling rig coming out of the ship yard in Singapore. Was taken probably in '09 as I recall. That's the business I'm in - have been for many years. I don't manage anything offshore anymore.

Thanks again for the great product and supporting many people's affliction. Have a good weekend.

AgDriller
Old 08-15-2018, 04:02 PM
FF_Z06
Instructor

Received 18 Likes on 8 Posts

I have a brand new unused Tony Mamo ported TB for sale if interested. Never opened box. PM me if interested.
Old 09-02-2018, 08:41 PM
Tony @ Mamo Motorsports
Supporting Vendor

Guys,

Thought I would add to this thread another in depth well written review

Hope you guys are enjoying the long Holiday weekend!

Cheers,
Tony

Originally Posted by waterman
I installed a Tony Mamo ported TB last Monday and have put about 120 miles on my car since. No codes or issues on start up after install, car ran normally. Car is still completely stock except for a Green Filter, 2018 ZL1 1LE.

Both runs started at sea level and ended at a little over 10,000 ft. Between 4000 ft. to the top, driving was "spirited". Air temps were between mid 80s and 50, weather conditions (dry/sunny) between both runs were nearly identical. PTM in sport/competitive mode (TC off with access to full power at all times, StabiliTrak on) for 100m before and after install for continuity. There were no issues with the rapid altitude changes.

I attached a cool drone photo of part of the route.https://www.camaro6.com/forums/images/attach/jpg.gif

My immediate reaction was that the throttle response was noticeably smoother from a stop. I thought that it might take some time for the ECM/ECU to adjust, from a dead stop it was instantaneous. Over the next 100 miles as the computer adjusted to the cleaned up airflow, I've noticed that the throttle response has become increasingly more smooth throughout the rev range (low to mid, mid to WOT, low to WOT). Blip to downshift is way more predictable manually and when using auto rev match. Throttle response is much more linear, it's especially noticeable during acceleration on corner exit.

IMHO this is definitely a very reasonably priced mod that yields a noticeable performance gain. My butt dyno tells me there is likely some more power there, regardless; the throttle response is worth the full price of admission.

I'm truly impressed with the performance gains. I also appreciate that Tony has taken the time to respond to and answer all of my questions. Great customer service.

For reference, I have not been compensated in any way for posting my impressions. Just my honest opinion.

Get notified of new replies

To Detailed review of a Mamo Motorsports ported TB

Old 09-03-2018, 08:35 PM
Vegas1500
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 256 Likes on 168 Posts

Originally Posted by FF_Z06
I have a brand new unused Tony Mamo ported TB for sale if interested. Never opened box. PM me if interested.
PM sent. Thanks
Old 09-03-2018, 09:49 PM
Tony @ Mamo Motorsports
Supporting Vendor

Originally Posted by Vegas1500

PM sent. Thanks
Guys,

If you run across any of my stuff second hand make sure you get an LT4 for an LT4 application and an LT1 for an LT1 application.....I port them differently for each application

Just an FYI

-Tony
Old 09-03-2018, 10:07 PM
NineVettes
Burning Brakes

Received 528 Likes on 275 Posts

Tony, is the TB different on a '19 Z06? I just bought one and I am interested in your TB mod. Any info or feedback on the '19 Zs? Also, feed back using the TB, with perhaps a BMS filter and Borla on the 19s?

Thanks!

Quick Reply: Detailed review of a Mamo Motorsports ported TB