C7 Z06 Discussion General Z06 Corvette Discussion, LT4 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: GEM Motorsports

Fully built Z06 F1X build

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2018, 01:13 PM
xslangx
Instructor

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by C5-VERT
Thanks for sharing that info that is a very nice e t street setup. I don’t want to shave my brakes down but would consider for that setup. I doubt shocks make any difference in wheel fitment other than allowing for the inner hoop to possibly be wider. Allowing for more offsets. Appreciate you sharing the exact specs of wheels and offsets.
Hey what's up Bud! I don't know if you had interest but I found a really inexpensive option through ForgeStar. They come out to around 1600$ a set shipped for a set of 18's that clear the Carbon Ceramic Brakes. The offsets are good too
Old 07-30-2018, 02:28 PM
C5-VERT
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 280 Likes on 213 Posts
Cruise-In IV Veteran

Originally Posted by xslangx
Hey what's up Bud! I don't know if you had interest but I found a really inexpensive option through ForgeStar. They come out to around 1600$ a set shipped for a set of 18's that clear the Carbon Ceramic Brakes. The offsets are good too
PM me that if you don't mind. Yes I am going to desperately need a set of E/T Streets on 18's once this is all said and done. Thank you!
Old 07-30-2018, 06:06 PM
xslangx
Instructor

PM me that if you don't mind. Yes I am going to desperately need a set of E/T Streets on 18's once this is all said and done. Thank you!
PMed
Old 08-21-2018, 11:05 PM
Drew27
Racer

Received 67 Likes on 46 Posts

Any updates?

Got all you parts?

Pics
Old 09-13-2018, 12:12 AM
Drew27
Racer

Received 67 Likes on 46 Posts

Get the car on dyno yet?
Old 01-20-2019, 12:15 PM
xslangx
Instructor

Default Updates

Sorry for the lag in updates ! On base tune as we speak capped at 4500 rpm but man oh man is she nasty! Sorting a few issues with MAF on tune due to no longer being a tubular housing and now in the intercooler. Also the clock spring was misalligned while engine was out and all my tracs stability suspension and rear end lights are on saying service, we’re guessing that the steering angle sensor has to be recalibrated to fix (I hope anybody else have any experience with this?) here’s a few pics love you guys!

PS that procharger big red is way to fing loud, jeez. Might have to stuff a few headbands around it to muffle it or something

Old 01-20-2019, 12:30 PM
black_c7
Burning Brakes

Received 36 Likes on 34 Posts

I have exactly the same issue, my traction abs and service is on when i got my engine out and still the same, even though that before the engine was out everything was good

in for info about how to resolve that

abother thing, change the maf sensor location from the inter cooler to the charge pipe it will be way much easier to tune it

Last edited by black_c7; 01-20-2019 at 12:32 PM.
Old 01-20-2019, 12:32 PM
xslangx
Instructor

Originally Posted by black_c7
I have exactly the same issue, my traction abs and service is on when i got my engine out and still the same, even though that before the engine was out everything was good

Was you airbag light on? Mine was then we replaced clockspring and it went away, Jorge for JB figures it just needs a dealer reset on the steering angle. Super glad to hear I’m not the only one Black! Phew ! I’m sure it’s something small
Old 01-20-2019, 12:33 PM
xslangx
Instructor

Also Black do you have a copy of your tune file ? We can’t get this one dialed in for the MaF variances, would be awesome if we could compare yours to trouble shoot
Old 01-20-2019, 12:34 PM
black_c7
Burning Brakes

Was you airbag light on? Mine was then we replaced clockspring and it went away, Jorge for JB figures it just needs a dealer reset on the steering angle. Super glad to hear I’m not the only one Black! Phew ! I’m sure it’s something small

let hope so, i will try to go to a dealer and see what happens
Old 01-20-2019, 12:50 PM
black_c7
Burning Brakes

Also Black do you have a copy of your tune file ? We can’t get this one dialed in for the MaF variances, would be awesome if we could compare yours to trouble shoot

it was frustrating to get it tuned while the maf located in the intercooler we where trying to tune it while it was there for hours and every time we get different reading and wasn’t able to let it idle perfectly, changed the maf sensor location to the charge pipe and was idling perfectly from the first time and got it to run perfect.

I will give you a shortcut, relocate your maf sensor
Old 01-21-2019, 05:31 PM
C5-VERT
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 280 Likes on 213 Posts
Cruise-In IV Veteran

Make absolutely sure NO vacuum leaks also that will wreak havoc in your idle or low rpm driveability. Even with my MAF in the intercooler (for now until I move it post wastegate when I get that installed) it purrs like a kitten, just as it did stock. Even with my 103 katech and G1Pro LTx. Car is a blast to drive and even took it to Roebling Road Raceway and beat on her good not a single issue not even overheating @18psi. Chris Crawford did a hell of a job tuning mine. Can't say enough about the work he did. All the best bud keep the posts coming!
Old 02-01-2019, 11:11 PM
xslangx
Instructor

Originally Posted by black_c7

abother thing, change the maf sensor location from the inter cooler to the charge pipe it will be way much easier to tune it
Bro I bet you it’s the same problem I have l, the clock spring and steering angle sensor went bad after the wheels were turned I had airbag lights, stabilitrak disabled, engine power reduced, rear axle system off, suspension failure, power steering failure. also my steering wheel controls didn’t work.

Jorge from JB Performance figured it’s probably the clock spring/steering angle sensor. Clock spring replaced first and fixed steering wheel buttons and airbag light. We could t reset steering angle in the computer so I just changed steering angle sensor and 2 of my dash warning no longer appear, all that’s left is stabilitrak and suspension failure and power steering failure, seeing as merely installing that stopped the other lights I will put my $$$$$ on it once I re learn the steering angle those lights will vanish.

Old 02-04-2019, 06:02 PM
xslangx
Instructor

Make absolutely sure NO vacuum leaks also that will wreak havoc in your idle or low rpm driveability. Even with my MAF in the intercooler (for now until I move it post wastegate when I get that installed) it purrs like a kitten, just as it did stock. Even with my 103 katech and G1Pro LTx. Car is a blast to drive and even took it to Roebling Road Raceway and beat on her good not a single issue not even overheating @18psi. Chris Crawford did a hell of a job tuning mine. Can't say enough about the work he did. All the best bud keep the posts coming!
thanks for the info brother! Ironing out the kinks as we speak.
Old 02-04-2019, 06:05 PM
xslangx
Instructor

Hit the dyno and ran into fueling issues. At 5k rpm we are running out of fuel even w the weaponx port kit. We’re shaping 31psi all the way down to 15 psi under load. Adjusted fpr and having trouble keeping it steady it fluctuates please see video below
Old 07-17-2019, 11:14 PM
FURBY LOC"S
Racer

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts

So i have a 2015 c7 z06 with z07 pakage im currently running a f1x at around 19.8 psi and im only making about 970whp on e70 that is really low specially for a manual car
i have all the suporting mods like cam heads clutch 2 inch headers no cats amc tune port injection dual meth nossels tripple fuel pumps 1700 injectors flex fuel sensor etc i mean everything to be a high hp car atleast to break into the 1000whp mark easy but its not
air fuel ratio is around 12.2 to 12.4 26 degrees of timming no pulley slip or tire slip any toughts? 4000 ELEVATION

Quick Reply: Fully built Z06 F1X build