C7 Z06 Discussion General Z06 Corvette Discussion, LT4 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: GEM Motorsports

Fully built Z06 F1X build

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2018, 04:29 PM
xslangx
Instructor

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Fully built Z06 F1X build

What's going on everybody! Just wanted to start by saying I wouldn't be where I am if it wasn't for you guys, I really appreciate it.

Here's the Laundry List!

2015 Z07 7MT 100% E85
  • Callies Ultra H Beam Rods
  • Wiseco Pistons
  • Mantic Triple Clutch
  • F1X Air To Air Intercooled system
  • Sequential Port Injection from Weapon X
  • Low Side FP from Weapon X
  • G1Pro LTx Manifold
  • Katech 103mm Throttle Body
  • F1X "Twister" Cam Kit from Weapon X including LS7 Lifters, Valve Springs, DOD Delete ETC
  • ARP Head Studs
  • Texas Speed 1 7/8 Headers
  • AlkyControl Meth Injection x 15 nozzles
  • Granatelli Coils
  • Granatelli 0 ohm Wires
  • MGW Short Shifter
  • 19 x 12 345 Nitto NT05R
  • Tial MVR set @ 25psi
  • Weapon X 4.00" griptec Procharger Pulley

The Cam/Clutch/Engine Build as the F1X Install are being done By Jorge From JB Performance (Very nice and intelligent guy, very well versed in the LS and LT world) For an amazing deal by the way.

Currently car put down 740whp/780wtq on a dynapack chassis dyno with a 2.31 pulley, meth, headers, intake.

F1X Kit is from Drew and Eric here and I got a great deal on it, pulley is for 20psi. Shooting for 1100WHP, after the engine gets broken in I will see about switching pulleys to my end goal of 1400whp. Any recommendations on changes or additions? Plan on getting the car tuned at Accelerated Racing Solutions in Rancho Cucamonga California as Ryne from Cunningham Motorsports has been a complete and total dick to me in the process, refusing out of some personal beef with Ben from Weapon X to even touch my car if I used WeaponX Parts. With that poor of customer service that guy provides it is a wonder how they even are still in business (Or at least as recommended as they are)

I'm looking forward to the progress of this as it's always been my dream to own a late model high end sports car that was completely built.

Thanks guys,

xSLANGx

Last edited by xslangx; 07-22-2018 at 03:17 PM.
Old 06-24-2018, 04:50 PM
LuckyC7Z06
Pro
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 140 Likes on 104 Posts

Sounds awesome! I’m having mine done as well here in Texas also. I’d recommend the 15” conversion if you ever plan on using that power. I had the setup you have now 19” and it was worthless at 700ish and after I added Nitrous and E-50 completely worthless. The 15” conversion will make all the difference in the world and allow you hammer down! If not all that power is like having a sexy wife or girlfriend but you can’t hit it! LOL
Goodluck!!
Old 06-24-2018, 04:50 PM
xslangx
Instructor

Old 06-24-2018, 06:25 PM
xslangx
Instructor

Originally Posted by LuckyC7Z06
Sounds awesome! I’m having mine done as well here in Texas also. I’d recommend the 15” conversion if you ever plan on using that power. I had the setup you have now 19” and it was worthless at 700ish and after I added Nitrous and E-50 completely worthless. The 15” conversion will make all the difference in the world and allow you hammer down! If not all that power is like having a sexy wife or girlfriend but you can’t hit it! LOL
Goodluck!!
I like my brakes so I'll probably stay with the 19s x) Can't wait till this setup is done!!! Thank you for your reply
Old 06-24-2018, 07:39 PM
LuckyC7Z06
Pro
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 140 Likes on 104 Posts

Yea I hear you! That was a tough pill to swallow removing the CC’s but they are safe and sound in a box lol
Old 06-24-2018, 09:31 PM
avtarv
Racer

Received 130 Likes on 68 Posts

Subscribed-can’t wait to see the results! Killer build!
Old 06-24-2018, 10:27 PM
xslangx
Instructor

Originally Posted by avtarv
Subscribed-can’t wait to see the results! Killer build!
Thanks bud! As soon as this cam and clutch drop it's headed over to JB performance man...I CANNOT F*KING WAIT
Old 06-24-2018, 10:27 PM
xslangx
Instructor

Originally Posted by LuckyC7Z06
Yea I hear you! That was a tough pill to swallow removing the CC’s but they are safe and sound in a box lol
They better be in a box mounted in your front room
Old 06-25-2018, 03:25 AM
MerakiAutoworks
Supporting Vendor

Received 586 Likes on 517 Posts

Beast!

-Josh
Old 06-25-2018, 04:11 PM
xslangx
Instructor

UPDATE:

Just ordered S718 wrist pin upgrades as per Jorge's recommendation from JBperformance. Getting closer!
Old 06-25-2018, 05:03 PM
C5-VERT
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 280 Likes on 213 Posts
Cruise-In IV Veteran

Any reason you wanting to keep the alky kit? I am with the others with the power level you are at the 15” conversion is the only way to put that kind of power down. Congrats on the build bud!!
Old 06-25-2018, 05:34 PM
xslangx
Instructor

Originally Posted by C5-VERT
Any reason you wanting to keep the alky kit? I am with the others with the power level you are at the 15” conversion is the only way to put that kind of power down. Congrats on the build bud!!
Damnit, I was hoping to avoid losing the carbon ceramics as this is my daily driver. How does the vehicle respond with the ABS etc and drivability?

I really just want to freeway rape everything and run 1/4 miles once a week, these nittos are ok at getting the job done but MAN I would love a better tire option
Old 06-25-2018, 06:19 PM
C5-VERT
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Cruise-In IV Veteran

Put a wastegate on it and pull some boost out to control power levels on street. Chris @ Crawford Racing set me up with his HRFUELER and custom wastegate so we can pull boost out up top but keep as much down low we all know F series blowers don’t have as much low end power. It’s all about matching power to tires. If you aren’t doing the 15” you may can get some 18s with ET streets (get some skinnies for track). I have the same problem with CCBs. I don’t want to lose them because I plan on doing Roebling Road events (road course). There isn’t much of a happy medium for high horsepower builds. Unfortunately. So I will pull power out when on street and road course racing then put more in with my ET street skinnies setup.
The following users liked this post:
xslangx (06-25-2018)
Old 06-25-2018, 07:31 PM
xslangx
Instructor

Put a wastegate on it and pull some boost out to control power levels on street. Chris @ Crawford Racing set me up with his HRFUELER and custom wastegate so we can pull boost out up top but keep as much down low we all know F series blowers don’t have as much low end power. It’s all about matching power to tires. If you aren’t doing the 15” you may can get some 18s with ET streets (get some skinnies for track). I have the same problem with CCBs. I don’t want to lose them because I plan on doing Roebling Road events (road course). There isn’t much of a happy medium for high horsepower builds. Unfortunately. So I will pull power out when on street and road course racing then put more in with my ET street skinnies setup.
Nice to see you Vert! Great idea, any recommendation on Wastegate and also could you give me an idea of where to route it ?
Old 06-25-2018, 07:50 PM
0Deity.Motorsports
Former Vendor

Received 329 Likes on 225 Posts

Originally Posted by xslangx

beautiful car!!! I’m in the same Hood! I live down on Ocean at the International Tower! Would love to meet and car chat with you in person, plus checking out the beast.
Old 06-25-2018, 07:54 PM
0Deity.Motorsports
Former Vendor

Received 329 Likes on 225 Posts

18” with drag radial and modulating the boost at lower rpm will do the trick. I think the Prochargers are high rpm monster to begin with so the 18” will be okay at the upper rpm. Down low, control the tq a bit and you will be in the game. Need a great tuner like Crawford for sure.
Old 06-25-2018, 08:16 PM
lane_change
Melting Slicks

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

No major issues with 18's on my old F1X setup making north of 1000whp hooking in 2nd from a 60 roll and I'll still be rocking 18's on the new turbo setup that replaced the F1X.

Get notified of new replies

To Fully built Z06 F1X build

Old 06-25-2018, 09:38 PM
C5-VERT
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Cruise-In IV Veteran

Originally Posted by xslangx
Nice to see you Vert! Great idea, any recommendation on Wastegate and also could you give me an idea of where to route it ?
yes sir good to see your build coming to life!! Excited for you brother! Not quite sure where Chris is recommending to put my wastegate he includes the charge pipe piece I will just weld it together myself. If Chris doesn’t chime in I will ask and let you know. He is still putting my full kit together should be here in a week or two. You still keep the blow off valve this just controls boost pressure allowing you to adjust power levels at will. I know the ProSpeed ACM I just sold before switching to Chris HRFUELER system had a 5 or 7 way switch which allowed on the fly boost adjustment. Not sure if the Holley 2.0 kit has that or how I adjust on the fly. Will have to ask. Hope I can adjust by E85 or 93 or it may adjust by the flex fuel sensor. This is above my head ;-).

Definitely subscribed to your build you have a monster coming!!!
Old 06-26-2018, 02:02 AM
chuntington101
Melting Slicks

Received 113 Likes on 100 Posts

Any reason for keeping the A2A intercooler? Hear a few people are switching to a2w to help with inlet temps. You
Old 06-26-2018, 03:23 PM
xslangx
Instructor

the alky is already already installed so I will leave it for cooling properties and maybe do a 50/50 blend instead of 100% meth thTs it at now.

Quick Reply: Fully built Z06 F1X build