C7 Z06 Discussion General Z06 Corvette Discussion, LT4 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: GEM Motorsports

Duraflex or Darwinpro front facia in USA?

Old 07-05-2018, 03:33 AM
Mikec7z
Melting Slicks

Received 647 Likes on 510 Posts
Default Duraflex or Darwinpro front facia in USA?

I am looking for a duraflex or darwinpro front fracia for a c7 z06 in the usa. Does anyone know who carries these or has one installed on their vehicle? I would like to see it in real life.

https://www.carid.com/duraflex/gran-veloce-style-fiberglass-front-bumper-cover-unpainted-mpn-112424.html?view=387300&gclid=EAIaIQobCh MItr_YjdWG3AIVj43ICh2MCgfSEAQYASABEgJUoP D_BwE

and

I want to see both of them without the goofy flares added on top of the seam where the nose mates to the fender... that way i can see how they look and fit.

Last edited by Mikec7z; 07-05-2018 at 03:26 PM.
The following users liked this post:
Panth3r (07-05-2018)
Old 07-05-2018, 05:29 AM
FastestBusaAround
Drifting

Received 209 Likes on 132 Posts

Gorgeous!
Mikec7z (07-08-2018)
Old 07-05-2018, 08:25 AM
Panth3r
Instructor

Received 33 Likes on 27 Posts

That car is beautiful would love that look for my c7z
Mikec7z (07-08-2018)
Old 07-05-2018, 12:26 PM
383vett
Race Director

Received 1,541 Likes on 1,042 Posts

That looks mean. Not too expensive either.
The following 2 users liked this post by 383vett:
Mikec7z (07-08-2018), Panth3r (07-05-2018)
Old 07-05-2018, 02:18 PM
Mikec7z
Melting Slicks

they have those silly fender flares that start halfway up the fender, i believe those are to cover the bad seam work between the nose and the fender.

All that being the case, im hoping, fingers crossed, that they designed the nose to match up to the z06 fenders, and only once they added on their aftermarket WIDER than z06 fenders, did they need to cover the fact that one seam is one or 2 inches longer than the other and sticks out.

I have reached out to both of these companies, we will see what they say.
Panth3r (07-05-2018)
Old 07-05-2018, 03:01 PM
Mikec7z
Melting Slicks

Amazon Amazon

i contacted the CarID company on the phone today, and they are having their supplier "measure the length of the seam" where it attaches to the stock fender. I forget if the z06 and the stock c7 have the same length fender seam right there? On this amazon page, it has it matching up to the stock c7 stingray it looks.

https://www.carid.com/duraflex/gran-...pn-112424.html

Last edited by Mikec7z; 07-05-2018 at 03:38 PM.
Panth3r (07-05-2018)
Old 07-05-2018, 03:24 PM
Mikec7z
Melting Slicks

the duraflx appears to be a real living product, the darwinpro, so far, its not looking good. The phone numbers i have found to the company are disconnected, and they are the port of new jersey, which is the port that brings products back and forth from china, so my guess is they may not even have the parts here stateside.

Last edited by Mikec7z; 07-05-2018 at 03:37 PM.
Old 07-08-2018, 12:00 AM
db2xpert
Drifting

Received 61 Likes on 52 Posts

Killer look !!

But as noted, don't know about those add on fender pieces. Might be trying to be a canard?
We also don't know about the overall aero impacts of it... I do run some high speeds, and that's a concern.
Mikec7z (07-08-2018)
Old 07-08-2018, 12:19 AM
Mikec7z
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by db2xpert
Killer look !!

But as noted, don't know about those add on fender pieces. Might be trying to be a canard?
We also don't know about the overall aero impacts of it... I do run some high speeds, and that's a concern.
agree with everything you said.

I found out some more details, i was unaware that the z06 nose and stingray nose are the same piece, i thought they might be, but was not sure. That being said, the seam length is the same for both cars where the front fascia attaches to the fender.

The Duraflex companies have responded to me and said that it is a fiberglass piece, and will require sanding and a great body guy, and they state that it does fit the stingray and z06 stock fenders. I asked them to measure that seam length before i found out both cars have the same seam length which is 6 1/4 inches ballpark. I am waiting for them to respond just to make sure they come back with the same measurement.

Like you, I am scared of high speed, as i travel to 180mph, and would like to still take the car to 200 should I choose to.

I think either front end would need re-enforced on the verticals and inside the bottom splitter. One might lay carbon in there or more fiberglass, etc.

My goal is to allow for more cooling.

In the last 24 hours, I have stumbled upon another strategy however... I have an automatic Z and plan to get another newer automatic Z this winter. The automatic trans and its necessary cooling are one of the issues I will have to solve.

I am now leaning towards a rear diffuser setup, and using the rear diffuser fins to hold up a 12" by 3 or 4" heat exchanger on each side of the exhaust, on the back bumper cover, up underneath the car, basically where the bumper cover comes to an end. I will most likely have to trim the underneath most part of the bumper cover, on each side of the exhaust, where the aftermarket diffuser fins go. From there, I can add 2 of these transmission fluid coolers, and they will be feeding lots of air.

At that point, I can remove the transmission fluid cooler at the front of the car, and keep the one in the rear drivers fender. Then I will have freed up space in the front of the car to run an extra oil cooler where the transmission cooler was, and I can still run an additional oil cooler in the passenger front closed cheek area of the the car, that is hallow, and not run much air to it, but it will still do some cooling.

So I will have picked up 2 oil coolers and gained 1 extra transmission cooler, plus 2 of the trans coolers are now inline with the flow of air, so they will operate efficiently.

So this project of putting a new nose on the car, may be put on hold and not necessary.

Top speed is my main concern as well.

If anyone knows where either of these front ends are on any car here in the usa, I would still love to take a look at it in real life.

Also, if anyone can find out what happened to the darwinpro mold, that might be of some use.

Update, i did not call the phone number on this ebay auction yet. The number i called that was disconnected was different. I will call them tomorrow or monday when they are open.

I prefer the Darwin pro design, but the mesh screen scares me, as that will be a resistance to the in-flowing air, as well as it might get ripped off at high speeds, or bowed and bent in and look strange. Thus, I would probably have to pull it down. Makes you wonder how hard it actually is to come up with the z06 hex pattern for this this. I doubt that would be easy. https://www.ebay.com/itm/DarwinPRO-W...-/172275459952

Last edited by Mikec7z; 07-08-2018 at 12:54 AM.

Get notified of new replies

To Duraflex or Darwinpro front facia in USA?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Duraflex or Darwinpro front facia in USA?