C7 Z06 Discussion General Z06 Corvette Discussion, LT4 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: GEM Motorsports

LT4 upgraded injectors?

Old 07-07-2018, 07:28 AM
0NORCAL-SS
Former Vendor

Received 328 Likes on 232 Posts
Default LT4 upgraded injectors?

Anyone offer reworked lt4 injectors for more flow? I have a 1000hp build almost done for my escalade and looking to buy injectors. Before i buy regular lt4 injectors just seeing if someone offers something better..... im not looking to spend 4k on aftermarket ones
Old 07-07-2018, 09:01 AM
BooSSted
Drifting

Received 305 Likes on 246 Posts

Katech $249 a piece at 13-15%
LPE $460 at 30%
FIC $430 at 30%

Prices are per injector
There may be other companies now also, i stopped entertaining that route. Katech was selling worked LT4s i believe but not much gain over the stock units.

Last edited by BooSSted; 07-07-2018 at 09:02 AM.
Old 07-07-2018, 09:11 AM
C5-VERT
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 279 Likes on 212 Posts
Cruise-In IV Veteran

Originally Posted by NORCAL-SS
Anyone offer reworked lt4 injectors for more flow? I have a 1000hp build almost done for my escalade and looking to buy injectors. Before i buy regular lt4 injectors just seeing if someone offers something better..... imI will not looking to spend 4k on aftermarket ones
I think the biggest issues is atomization, etc. Port Injectors spray a typical fan pattern, DI injectors’ extremely fine droplets are aimed at the “fuel bowl” at the center of the piston. Even the design of the piston crown is crucial for proper combustion in a DI engine. I looked around couldn't find anyone that modified DI injectors for our application. Subscribing to this thread maybe others could provide more info.
Old 07-09-2018, 10:12 AM
Katech_Zach
Premium Supporting Vendor

Received 966 Likes on 528 Posts
C7 of Year Finalist (track prepared) 2019

Originally Posted by BooSSted
Katech $249 a piece at 13-15%
LPE $460 at 30%
FIC $430 at 30%

Prices are per injector
There may be other companies now also, i stopped entertaining that route. Katech was selling worked LT4s i believe but not much gain over the stock units.
We have LT4 +30% now.
https://store.katechengines.com/high...tors-p561.aspx

(e) zach@katechengines.com
Old 07-10-2018, 01:25 AM
Mikec7z
Melting Slicks

Received 647 Likes on 510 Posts

i would recommend port injection and crawford racing. The current high flow injectors on the market are not high flow enough, and require a lot of extra pumps to cooperate and be reliable.
Old 07-11-2018, 12:32 PM
chuntington101
Melting Slicks

Received 113 Likes on 100 Posts

Originally Posted by Katech_Jason
how much can these and the stock LT4 pump (with bigger lowside) support? What about with you additional pump?
Old 07-11-2018, 01:16 PM
Katech_Zach
Premium Supporting Vendor

Received 966 Likes on 528 Posts
C7 of Year Finalist (track prepared) 2019

Originally Posted by chuntington101

how much can these and the stock LT4 pump (with bigger lowside) support? What about with you additional pump?
In my car at 760rwhp on E85 I'm starting to see a little pressure drop of the LT4 pump (38% overdriven). With our Xtreme-DI system, 1200rwhp on E85.
Old 07-11-2018, 01:37 PM
TurboLX
Pro

Received 122 Likes on 91 Posts

How many of these DI injector suppliers actually have complete, reliable, correct characterization (calibration) data on them? Making WOT power with high flow rates is relatively easy, and makes for sexy advertising numbers. However, I have seen lots of customers having all kinds of driveability problems that just can't be ironed out with the "usual tricks". The root cause has almost always ended up being a mismatch of what is coming out of the injectors at small pulsewidths, vs what the calibration model says it should be doing. If the injector supplier cannot deliver exact data for all tables, it is a waste of time putting them in the car unless you want something that drives like a bag of hammers. I just covered this in my new GenV tuning video that will be out in a couple weeks.
Old 07-11-2018, 04:22 PM
Mikec7z
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by TurboLX
How many of these DI injector suppliers actually have complete, reliable, correct characterization (calibration) data on them? Making WOT power with high flow rates is relatively easy, and makes for sexy advertising numbers. However, I have seen lots of customers having all kinds of driveability problems that just can't be ironed out with the "usual tricks". The root cause has almost always ended up being a mismatch of what is coming out of the injectors at small pulsewidths, vs what the calibration model says it should be doing. If the injector supplier cannot deliver exact data for all tables, it is a waste of time putting them in the car unless you want something that drives like a bag of hammers. I just covered this in my new GenV tuning video that will be out in a couple weeks.
and this is why port injection is the way to go... you keep the precise fueling characteristics down low at idle and regular driving... and when a person goes to WOT, the port injection kicks in. Also costs tremendously less than the DI injectors and all necessary pumps needed to flow more DI.
Old 07-11-2018, 05:13 PM
C5-VERT
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Cruise-In IV Veteran

Originally Posted by Mikec7z
and this is why port injection is the way to go... you keep the precise fueling characteristics down low at idle and regular driving... and when a person goes to WOT, the port injection kicks in. Also costs tremendously less than the DI injectors and all necessary pumps needed to flow more DI.
While I agree about Port Injection being the better path for driveability, I don't quite agree with it costing tremendously less. Port Inj. Software alone ranges from $3k to $5k at least for closed-loop systems (mine was smack in the middle), low side systems roughly another $2k to keep line pressure up, then fittings and lines to tie fuel rails in up front roughly another $500, 8 port injectors $800, Intake with bungs $500 to $2k (Went with G1Pro over Procharger mysefl), then tuning most likely on E85 with flex fuel sensor wired in which costs vary depending on how far you go. This is all assuming the install is done yourself. Add quite a bit more for a tuner shop doing all the work. It's not cheap by any means to go port injection the cheapest route by far is just spraying meth.

Last edited by C5-VERT; 07-11-2018 at 05:14 PM.
Old 07-11-2018, 06:03 PM
Mikec7z
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by C5-VERT
While I agree about Port Injection being the better path for driveability, I don't quite agree with it costing tremendously less. Port Inj. Software alone ranges from $3k to $5k at least for closed-loop systems (mine was smack in the middle), low side systems roughly another $2k to keep line pressure up, then fittings and lines to tie fuel rails in up front roughly another $500, 8 port injectors $800, Intake with bungs $500 to $2k (Went with G1Pro over Procharger mysefl), then tuning most likely on E85 with flex fuel sensor wired in which costs vary depending on how far you go. This is all assuming the install is done yourself. Add quite a bit more for a tuner shop doing all the work. It's not cheap by any means to go port injection the cheapest route by far is just spraying meth.
check out crawford racing. Comes with flex fuel sensor. Keep in mind, their system and the new zr1 single in-tank pump, can support 1000hp. Thats a big deal.

meanwhile, understand that to run 1000hp with just the DI injectors, you are talking multiple in tank pumps... 1 much larger and unreliable HP pump or 2 stock size HP pumps (katech kit), and the higher flow injectors. This is very pricey.

There is absolutely a price difference and the port injection is less.

Last edited by Mikec7z; 07-11-2018 at 06:06 PM.
Old 07-11-2018, 06:19 PM
C5-VERT
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Cruise-In IV Veteran

check out crawford racing. keep in mind, their system and the new zr1 single in-tank pump, can support 1000hp. Thats a big deal.

meanwhile, understand that to run 1000hp with just the DI injectors, you are talking multiple in tank pumps... 1 much larger and unreliable HP pump or 2 stock size HP pumps (katech kit), and the injectors. This is very pricey.
Mike, I had a ProSpeed ACM and switched to Chris @ Crawford due to a tuner backing out. Yes, he has systems for less but again they aren't closed looped which to me is the better way to go especially on E85. No way to get feedback without it. But yes I have already purchased the Holley 2.0 system from Chris w/ wastegate, etc. I have a WeaponX low side using MagnaFuel 750 pump which supports 1500hp easy. That ties in under the car but you still have to tie in the rails up front, which Chris and I worked out (all my fittings and lines arrived today). Teflon line and nice fittings arent' cheap. It all adds up is my point. It's funny b/c when I decided I thought it was too late to get my ProCharger manifold modified (I already placed my order many weeks ago), so I did some homework and went with the G1Pro LTx (new style) to fit Holley rails and 8 port injectors. Not to mention the G1Pro has been on some seriously fast PC cars. Then I was asked what TB size (stock or 103)? After spending so much how could I choke an F1A-94 with a 90mm throttle body? So that led me to purchase a Katech TB, another $700. it's crazy how the mod list grows and grows with each step. Getting off topic but my point is getting past that 800+ wheel mark on stock fuel system can go 3 ways, meth, low side + high side + cam + 30% injectors, and low side + port injection computer + intake w/ bungs + port injectors + rails/lines/fittings. The latter, to me, keeps driveability and by far supports the most hp output. Meth is cheap for sure but I just couldn't do such a large build and rely solely on a system that can quite honestly fail in many ways. I trust Chris @ Crawford he has so much knowledge in this area and is unbelievably helpful, as many others on here we all know.

Personally I haven't seen enough results yet with the ZR1 in tank pump to give me enough confidence, plus I believe you are referring to crank hp. I am skeptical of that in tank pump supporting 1000 wheel. Just my opinion. Either way that's some work to drop the drive tank to get that pump in (especially if A8). I would just spend the $1,500 - 2k and get a nice low side system and be confident that pressure wouldn't fall off. And it's a lot easier to install. Guess it depends on preference and power goals. I need more than what the ZR1 tank can deliver so not an option for me anyway.

Last edited by C5-VERT; 07-11-2018 at 06:24 PM.
The following users liked this post:
Mikec7z (07-11-2018)
Old 07-11-2018, 10:55 PM
Mikec7z
Melting Slicks

i understand what you are saying and agree.

If a person wanted to only go to the limits of the zr1 low side pump with port injection (1000hp), that pump assembly can be had for under 500 bucks. you know the rest of the equation... but even with all that you listed, I still believe thousands are saved. I personally would never cut my tank like the weapon x setup does, so thats that. THe z06 stock in tank pump can be resold. I can get the zr1 pump for 300 i believe via my connections and favors.

I would do either a turbo kit, but more likely the whipple 2.9. The whipple 2.9 can be ordered with the ports drilled.

Last edited by Mikec7z; 07-11-2018 at 10:57 PM.
C5-VERT (07-12-2018)
Old 07-11-2018, 11:03 PM
FYREANT
I'm Batman..
Pro Mechanic
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 908 Likes on 561 Posts
Tech Contributor

The z06 stock in tank pump can be resold. I can get the zr1 pump for 300 i believe via my connections and favors.
I bought mine new for just over $200 from a dealer online. Just sayin, no “connections” are needed..
Mikec7z (07-11-2018)
Old 07-11-2018, 11:12 PM
Mikec7z
Melting Slicks

i thought so, but didn't want to exaggerate
Old 07-12-2018, 10:25 AM
C5-VERT
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Cruise-In IV Veteran

i understand what you are saying and agree.

If a person wanted to only go to the limits of the zr1 low side pump with port injection (1000hp), that pump assembly can be had for under 500 bucks. you know the rest of the equation... but even with all that you listed, I still believe thousands are saved. I personally would never cut my tank like the weapon x setup does, so thats that. THe z06 stock in tank pump can be resold. I can get the zr1 pump for 300 i believe via my connections and favors.

I would do either a turbo kit, but more likely the whipple 2.9. The whipple 2.9 can be ordered with the ports drilled.
Mike, you are right on with someone not wanting to cut or modify the tank or modify stock fuel lines. I considered the fore triple in tank but I have an overwhelming amount of work already doing all the work myself. The WeaponX low side made more sense in my equation. But yes absolutely now that the ZR1 pump is out it's a nice lower cost alternative and is a drop in that can support up to 1000. Which for a good number of people is more than enough. Cajun aka EdgyVette is selling a nice turbo kit tuning with Chris, I even think he is working on a larger output system as we speak. Pretty crazy putting down 841 to wheels on the stock fuel system! What's great is the amount of options available now...turbo, whipple, maggy, edlebrock, procharger. I was dead even on whipple vs procharger but end the end PC met more of my power goals. Drew's whipple setup is just insane I believe well over 900 wheel. Also very helpful to me in getting me pointed on the right path. All the best Mike

Norcal sorry if I am taking this off topic.

Last edited by C5-VERT; 07-12-2018 at 10:27 AM.
Mikec7z (07-15-2018)
Old 07-12-2018, 11:18 AM
FYREANT
I'm Batman..
Pro Mechanic
Support Corvetteforum!

Tech Contributor

Originally Posted by C5-VERT
Mike, you are right on with someone not wanting to cut or modify the tank or modify stock fuel lines. I considered the fore triple in tank but I have an overwhelming amount of work already doing all the work myself. The WeaponX low side made more sense in my equation. But yes absolutely now that the ZR1 pump is out it's a nice lower cost alternative and is a drop in that can support up to 1000. Which for a good number of people is more than enough. Cajun aka EdgyVette is selling a nice turbo kit tuning with Chris, I even think he is working on a larger output system as we speak. Pretty crazy putting down 841 to wheels on the stock fuel system! What's great is the amount of options available now...turbo, whipple, maggy, edlebrock, procharger. I was dead even on whipple vs procharger but end the end PC met more of my power goals. Drew's whipple setup is just insane I believe well over 900 wheel. Also very helpful to me in getting me pointed on the right path. All the best Mike

Norcal sorry if I am taking this off topic.
EdgyVette is indeed working on their low side CR fueler offering. Guess who’s writing the install guide for it..
The following 2 users liked this post by FYREANT:
C5-VERT (07-12-2018), Mikec7z (07-12-2018)

Get notified of new replies

To LT4 upgraded injectors?

Old 07-12-2018, 02:47 PM
Ben@WeaponX
Safety Car

Received 481 Likes on 317 Posts
St. Jude Donor '14

Anyone offer reworked lt4 injectors for more flow? I have a 1000hp build almost done for my escalade and looking to buy injectors. Before i buy regular lt4 injectors just seeing if someone offers something better..... im not looking to spend 4k on aftermarket ones
Get at me Tony, I can get you a set of the +30s for a lot less than $4k or for a little more we can do our port injection kit, tank to tip with dual wideband closed loop fueling control for $4999!

https://weaponxmotorsports.com/produ...=5777974296603

Old 07-12-2018, 03:06 PM
0NORCAL-SS
Former Vendor

Received 328 Likes on 232 Posts

I have low side done and high side only thing im missing is injectors. I just picked up thr 1000hp drop in tank upgrade from Armageddon Turbo Systems. Was just looking for a upgraded injector.... will be running meth.

If i end up doing PI ill hit yah up man
Mikec7z (07-12-2018)
Old 07-14-2018, 11:40 PM
FYREANT
I'm Batman..
Pro Mechanic
Support Corvetteforum!

Tech Contributor

I have low side done and high side only thing im missing is injectors. I just picked up thr 1000hp drop in tank upgrade from Armageddon Turbo Systems. Was just looking for a upgraded injector.... will be running meth.

If i end up doing PI ill hit yah up man
what 1000hp pump are you referring to? For a C7? Or for the trucks?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: LT4 upgraded injectors?