Competition Carbon front bumper and ZR1 cooling compatible!! - Page 4 - CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

Go Back  CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion > C7 Corvette > C7 Z06 Discussion
Reload this Page >

Competition Carbon front bumper and ZR1 cooling compatible!!

Notices
C7 Z06 Discussion General Z06 Corvette Discussion, LT4 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Competition Carbon front bumper and ZR1 cooling compatible!!

Old 09-12-2018, 03:20 PM
  #61  
Deity.Motorsports
Supporting Vendor
Thread Starter
 
Deity.Motorsports's Avatar
 
Member Since: Sep 2016
Location: Westminster California
Posts: 2,534
Thanked 291 Times in 209 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Checkmate1 View Post
I really hope this bumper is budget friendly (for those of us who simply want a plastic bumper.....)

We should all make a list of ZR1 cooling parts (Incl.part numbers) required for our Z06's.
Will try to keep the cost down with the plastic fiberglass hybrid, easiest and quickest for my workers to put out. Looks like it will be a hit so more people will buy, the better the price I can get them to you.

I have all of the part numbers. Will be 21-2200 shipped for all of the five coolers, two brackets, and two pumps. Z06 only use one pump so we may have to adapt it some how. I bought the full package to work with a LT5 2650 swap potentially.
Deity.Motorsports is offline  
The Following User Says Thank You to Deity.Motorsports For This Useful Post:
Harbgrogan (09-13-2018)
Old 09-12-2018, 03:22 PM
  #62  
Deity.Motorsports
Supporting Vendor
Thread Starter
 
Deity.Motorsports's Avatar
 
Member Since: Sep 2016
Location: Westminster California
Posts: 2,534
Thanked 291 Times in 209 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by C7/Z06 Man View Post
I know its not done but why have it stick out as far as it looks in the pic which would make the car longer? Someone might be temped to put their foot on there.
I had to. It is no longer than the stage 2-3 splitter. Splitter is built in so I need to make it so. It was so odd when it was stock bumper length. I didnít want to go and make a splitter so big and bulky to cover the fangs and stock splitter.

Bumper was adjusted a few times to make it more aesthetically pleasing to the eyes.
Deity.Motorsports is offline  
Old 09-12-2018, 03:31 PM
  #63  
Mikec7z
CF Senior Member
 
Member Since: Mar 2018
Posts: 1,497
Thanked 240 Times in 193 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Deity.Motorsports View Post


Will try to keep the cost down with the plastic fiberglass hybrid, easiest and quickest for my workers to put out. Looks like it will be a hit so more people will buy, the better the price I can get them to you.

I have all of the part numbers. Will be 21-2200 shipped for all of the five coolers, two brackets, and two pumps. Z06 only use one pump so we may have to adapt it some how. I bought the full package to work with a LT5 2650 swap potentially.
I didnt realize you were trying to tackle this as well. You may know this already, but the zr1 system is not compatible with the lt4 z06 bower because the zr1 lt5 blower is a double pass, and the l4t is a single pass, for the fluid to enter and exit. So the zr1 system and its crazy 8 geometry, and 2 pumps, does not work with the z06 blower. Even the whipple 2.9 is only a single inlet and outlet. If i were in your shoes, i would not get into that hornets nest, as now you can be blamed for ruining peoples engines and overheating, instead of remaining in the hero category as the one who provided the nose that let more air in.

If you do get into that market, i would suggest your own custom kit. I wished i was on your side of the country, i would show you my designs and help you fab up something great. All a person needs to add are air to oil coolers, and perhaps re-arrange the blower HX in the nose as well. Things dont have to be as complicated as the other big shops are doing if oil to air is addressed in step 1 instead of as the last step, as they are doing.

Mikec7z is offline  
The Following User Says Thank You to Mikec7z For This Useful Post:
Deity.Motorsports (09-12-2018)
Old 09-12-2018, 04:18 PM
  #64  
Deity.Motorsports
Supporting Vendor
Thread Starter
 
Deity.Motorsports's Avatar
 
Member Since: Sep 2016
Location: Westminster California
Posts: 2,534
Thanked 291 Times in 209 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Mikec7z View Post
I didnt realize you were trying to tackle this as well. You may know this already, but the zr1 system is not compatible with the lt4 z06 bower because the zr1 lt5 blower is a double pass, and the l4t is a single pass, for the fluid to enter and exit. So the zr1 system and its crazy 8 geometry, and 2 pumps, does not work with the z06 blower. Even the whipple 2.9 is only a single inlet and outlet. If i were in your shoes, i would not get into that hornets nest, as now you can be blamed for ruining peoples engines and overheating, instead of remaining in the hero category as the one who provided the nose that let more air in.

If you do get into that market, i would suggest your own custom kit. I wished i was on your side of the country, i would show you my designs and help you fab up something great. All a person needs to add are air to oil coolers, and perhaps re-arrange the blower HX in the nose as well. Things dont have to be as complicated as the other big shops are doing if oil to air is addressed in step 1 instead of as the last step, as they are doing.
totally. Reason for me to get this on my own is because I want the actual 2650 LT5 blower. Iím not going to package this with my bumper. People can pick and choose their own cooler kits. From any of our vendors or from their own kit.

Khoa
Deity.Motorsports is offline  
The Following User Says Thank You to Deity.Motorsports For This Useful Post:
Mikec7z (09-12-2018)
Old 09-12-2018, 05:19 PM
  #65  
Mikec7z
CF Senior Member
 
Member Since: Mar 2018
Posts: 1,497
Thanked 240 Times in 193 Posts
Default

does the 2650 have 4 ports, 2 in and 2 out for the coolant? I have not been able to study it well yet.
Mikec7z is offline  
Old 10-05-2018, 02:01 PM
  #66  
GrandSport223
CF Senior Member
 
GrandSport223's Avatar
 
Member Since: Jan 2017
Posts: 316
Thanked 40 Times in 26 Posts
Default

I wish some some one would make a Lambo bumper like this for the C7 Vette. I know it can be done and look awesome if done right and professional!





Originally Posted by Deity.Motorsports View Post

So many projects to get done for SEMA. Two workers quit too, plus this heat!! Will get it all done though.

You can see where I get the inspirations from. Performante bumper is so beautiful!!




GrandSport223 is online now  
Old 10-05-2018, 02:15 PM
  #67  
Deity.Motorsports
Supporting Vendor
Thread Starter
 
Deity.Motorsports's Avatar
 
Member Since: Sep 2016
Location: Westminster California
Posts: 2,534
Thanked 291 Times in 209 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by GrandSport223 View Post
I wish some some one would make a Lambo bumper like this for the C7 Vette. I know it can be done and look awesome if done right and professional!






sorry not going to be very functional, center opening is gone..... All of C7 coolers are in the center.

My bumper is 30% Performante.
Deity.Motorsports is offline  
Old 10-05-2018, 02:25 PM
  #68  
GrandSport223
CF Senior Member
 
GrandSport223's Avatar
 
Member Since: Jan 2017
Posts: 316
Thanked 40 Times in 26 Posts
Default

Yes I definitely agree. Looks mean but not functional. Yours is looking really good 🙂

Originally Posted by Deity.Motorsports View Post


sorry not going to be very functional, center opening is gone..... All of C7 coolers are in the center.

My bumper is 30% Performante.
GrandSport223 is online now  
Old 10-05-2018, 09:53 PM
  #69  
GrandSport223
CF Senior Member
 
GrandSport223's Avatar
 
Member Since: Jan 2017
Posts: 316
Thanked 40 Times in 26 Posts
Default

I talked to ACS composite and they told me there working on something so that the OEM ZR1 bumper will fit the regular C7's. 😎
GrandSport223 is online now  
Old 10-06-2018, 11:10 AM
  #70  
GrandSport223
CF Senior Member
 
GrandSport223's Avatar
 
Member Since: Jan 2017
Posts: 316
Thanked 40 Times in 26 Posts
Default




What do do you think of this Huracan bumper on this C7? I just cut and pasted it on obviously lol

Originally Posted by Deity.Motorsports View Post


sorry not going to be very functional, center opening is gone..... All of C7 coolers are in the center.

My bumper is 30% Performante.
GrandSport223 is online now  
Old 10-06-2018, 11:15 AM
  #71  
Deity.Motorsports
Supporting Vendor
Thread Starter
 
Deity.Motorsports's Avatar
 
Member Since: Sep 2016
Location: Westminster California
Posts: 2,534
Thanked 291 Times in 209 Posts
Default

Wonít work. Trust me. Slopes of the top of the bumper are much different. C7 is front engine so it is a gradual slope at the top, Huracan is mid so the nose is much shorter and itís much sharper slope at the top.

I have the Performante bumper mocked up and was only able to use 30% of it. Plus the center opening are too small for C7Z cooling.
Deity.Motorsports is offline  
Old 10-06-2018, 11:49 AM
  #72  
GrandSport223
CF Senior Member
 
GrandSport223's Avatar
 
Member Since: Jan 2017
Posts: 316
Thanked 40 Times in 26 Posts
Default

I guess it's a lot easier to just cut and past photos 😉

Well im still very interested in yours. 😎



Originally Posted by Deity.Motorsports View Post
Wonít work. Trust me. Slopes of the top of the bumper are much different. C7 is front engine so it is a gradual slope at the top, Huracan is mid so the nose is much shorter and itís much sharper slope at the top.

I have the Performante bumper mocked up and was only able to use 30% of it. Plus the center opening are too small for C7Z cooling.
GrandSport223 is online now  
Old 10-07-2018, 03:55 PM
  #73  
petecaballero
CF Senior Member
 
petecaballero's Avatar
 
Member Since: Dec 2013
Posts: 699
Thanked 11 Times in 11 Posts
Default

Following
petecaballero is offline  
Old 10-08-2018, 02:56 PM
  #74  
GrandSport223
CF Senior Member
 
GrandSport223's Avatar
 
Member Since: Jan 2017
Posts: 316
Thanked 40 Times in 26 Posts
Default

Would love to see some updates
GrandSport223 is online now  
Old 10-10-2018, 09:30 AM
  #75  
ahero4eternity
CF Senior Member
 
Member Since: Aug 2018
Posts: 393
Thanked 56 Times in 42 Posts
Default

Soooo when will this be available?
ahero4eternity is offline  
Old 10-10-2018, 09:54 AM
  #76  
Deity.Motorsports
Supporting Vendor
Thread Starter
 
Deity.Motorsports's Avatar
 
Member Since: Sep 2016
Location: Westminster California
Posts: 2,534
Thanked 291 Times in 209 Posts
Default

Focusing on my widebody at the same time. Bumper will be done in a couple of months, same time as my widebody.



ot
Deity.Motorsports is offline  
Old 10-10-2018, 01:52 PM
  #77  
GrandSport223
CF Senior Member
 
GrandSport223's Avatar
 
Member Since: Jan 2017
Posts: 316
Thanked 40 Times in 26 Posts
Default

Cool 😎

Originally Posted by Deity.Motorsports View Post
Focusing on my widebody at the same time. Bumper will be done in a couple of months, same time as my widebody.



ot
GrandSport223 is online now  
The Following User Says Thank You to GrandSport223 For This Useful Post:
wildgoat (10-15-2018)


Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Competition Carbon front bumper and ZR1 cooling compatible!!


Sponsored Ads
Vendor Directory

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: