C7 Z06 Discussion General Z06 Corvette Discussion, LT4 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: GEM Motorsports

Buying a 'new' 2017 Z06

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2018, 10:59 AM
hubris140
Pro

Received 42 Likes on 29 Posts

Originally Posted by Mikec7z
out of curiosity, did gm have good rates or did you go through your local credit union, etc?
Dealer ran my app thru GM and a few banks. GMs rate was the worst - hovering around 7%. The best rate from the dealer was mid 5% for 72 months, which I took. I plan to refinance with Penfed (3.75%) before my first payment is due. I only took the dealer’s bank because the purchase process was smoother if I went thru their bank rather than my CU.

Overall the credit rates were a shock to me because the last time I financed my C6 in 2013 I paid 1.9%.
Old 07-26-2018, 11:08 AM
Always Red Dave
Le Mans Master

Received 3,105 Likes on 1,733 Posts
Finalist 2020 C7 of the Year -- Unmodified

Originally Posted by hubris140

Dealer ran my app thru GM and a few banks. GMs rate was the worst - hovering around 7%. The best rate from the dealer was mid 5% for 72 months, which I took. I plan to refinance with Penfed (3.75%) before my first payment is due. I only took the dealer’s bank because the purchase process was smoother if I went thru their bank rather than my CU.

Overall the credit rates were a shock to me because the last time I financed my C6 in 2013 I paid 1.9%.
Look into a credit union .I just got a 2.69% 60 months on my wives car this month. Cant wait to see your pictures of your Z06 as I also own a 2017 Z06!
Old 07-26-2018, 11:11 AM
hubris140
Pro

Originally Posted by Always Red Dave
Look into a credit union .I just got a 2.69% 60 months on my wives car this month. Cant wait to see your pictures of your Z06 as I also own a 2017 Z06!
May I ask what part of the country you’re in? In the SF Bay Area, all the CUs I spoke to are doing mid 3% at best.

I can’t wait to get my Z, I’m driving my wife and family crazy with Z06 talk 24/7!
Old 07-26-2018, 11:18 AM
Always Red Dave
Le Mans Master

Received 3,105 Likes on 1,733 Posts
Finalist 2020 C7 of the Year -- Unmodified

May I ask what part of the country you’re in? In the SF Bay Area, all the CUs I spoke to are doing mid 3% at best.

I can’t wait to get my Z, I’m driving my wife and family crazy with Z06 talk 24/7!
Massachusetts PM me I will give you the info you need..
Old 07-26-2018, 11:18 AM
Null Pointer
Exception ID 10T
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 506 Likes on 333 Posts

Not too much from the 79,999 I started with, I was able to get 3k more in rebates. Sale price is now at $76,999.
Congrats to the OP for pulling off one of the best deals I have ever heard of on a new leftover Z06. When I was looking in the past few months, I saw used 2017 Z06's advertised for more than what the OP is paying. I am sure you will love the car, too. When the car is delivered, we will need to see pictures. All the best and I hope it all goes smoothly for you.
Old 07-26-2018, 11:41 AM
Oneslackr
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 225 Likes on 167 Posts

Lol. Sounds familiar.
Old 08-17-2018, 03:38 PM
hubris140
Pro

Default Proselytize

Hi folks, apologies on the delay, after a length and frustrating transportation process, the car was finally delivered last weekend. Seems to be in great shape except the dealer failed to send basic stuff - almost all of the stage 2 parts, owners manual, short screws for wickerbill, VYW floor mats, etc. The car itself seems to be pretty clean and issue free except for the the dreaded paint chips near the front fenders.

On a side note, the out of state dealer has (predictably) started to ignore my requests to send the stage 2 parts.What recourse do I have? Open up a case with GM corporate?

Most importantly, I'm beyond stoked with the driving experience and had no idea how much of a buttoned down freight train this is (coming up from a C6 Z06). I have all the symptoms of an addiction now - grin almost 24/7 even while doing mundane stuff, proselytize laymen to our religion of speed, spring in my step, a fuzzy feeling in my extremities on a 4-3 downshift, empty wallet, research waxing products, etc.

A huge thanks to everyone in here for their advice and sharing their experience!

Last edited by hubris140; 08-17-2018 at 03:38 PM.
Old 08-17-2018, 03:44 PM
StingBeeZ06
Instructor

Received 36 Likes on 25 Posts

Congrats on finally receiving the car, it looks super !
I would call the GM of the dealership, not the sales manager. Let them know if they don't fulfil the contract (I assume the items were called out in your agreement), that you will file with the local court. Make sure you follow the break in procedure for the engine and the early and frequent oil changes. It means the difference between properly broken in or broken down. Enjoy and never apologize for the 650 HP perma-smile on your face !
Old 08-17-2018, 04:07 PM
Oneslackr
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 225 Likes on 167 Posts

Hi folks, apologies on the delay, after a length and frustrating transportation process, the car was finally delivered last weekend. Seems to be in great shape except the dealer failed to send basic stuff - almost all of the stage 2 parts, owners manual, short screws for wickerbill, VYW floor mats, etc. The car itself seems to be pretty clean and issue free except for the the dreaded paint chips near the front fenders.

On a side note, the out of state dealer has (predictably) started to ignore my requests to send the stage 2 parts.What recourse do I have? Open up a case with GM corporate?

Most importantly, I'm beyond stoked with the driving experience and had no idea how much of a buttoned down freight train this is (coming up from a C6 Z06). I have all the symptoms of an addiction now - grin almost 24/7 even while doing mundane stuff, proselytize laymen to our religion of speed, spring in my step, a fuzzy feeling in my extremities on a 4-3 downshift, empty wallet, research waxing products, etc.

A huge thanks to everyone in here for their advice and sharing their experience!
Congratulations! That's a nice looking car & you got a great deal. I hope you're able to obtain the missing bits/pieces without too much hassle.
Old 08-17-2018, 08:24 PM
Mikec7z
Melting Slicks

Received 647 Likes on 510 Posts

Car looks great.

I would shoot the GM of the dealership an email so that it is all documented you trying to resolve the problem. THey have to give you everything that is on the window sticker, its the law.

If they lost the parts, not your problem, dealers have to order you new parts through their parts department.

So anything that is included in a package etc, stock, needs to be with the car. I would threaten the GM that you are going to fill out the survey from CHEVY very poorly if you dont get your stuff. If they give it to you, then dont kill them on the survey. If they dont give it quickly, then kill them on the survey. It hurts them a lot.

Last edited by Mikec7z; 08-17-2018 at 09:40 PM.
Old 08-17-2018, 08:56 PM
3 Z06ZR1
Team Owner

Received 900 Likes on 742 Posts

Looks complete now what else is missing! Nice job looks great! Love the Z06!
Old 08-17-2018, 09:10 PM
Null Pointer
Exception ID 10T
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 506 Likes on 333 Posts

Congrats. The car looks beautiful. Drive it and enjoy it. Check the cubby in the trunk for stuff like the owner manual and emergency funnel for the gas filler tube. Much of the junk in the trunk stuff that comes with a Z06 won't fit in the cubby. Good luck working with your selling dealer to get it back. Don't threaten lawsuits - that kind of thing should be an absolute last resort. Just keep calling them until you get the dealership GM on the phone, and then calmly explain to him/her that some aero and track parts that come with a Z06 were missing from your delivery and that you would appreciate those items being sent to you. Squeaky wheel gets the grease sort of thing.

EDIT: Here is a thread that talks about the stuff that should have been included in your car. https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...-included.html

Last edited by Null Pointer; 08-17-2018 at 09:49 PM.
Old 08-17-2018, 09:11 PM
Parcival
Drifting

Received 405 Likes on 296 Posts

congrats. I’m on cloud 9 too as I just got my “leftover” ‘17 Z with 600 miles on it yesterday!

i read the thread and found the advice from CForum members was exceptional!

Last edited by Parcival; 08-17-2018 at 09:13 PM.
The following users liked this post:
Mikec7z (08-17-2018)
Old 08-17-2018, 09:46 PM
Mikec7z
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by Parcival

congrats. I’m on cloud 9 too as I just got my “leftover” ‘17 Z with 600 miles on it yesterday!

i read the thread and found the advice from CForum members was exceptional!
what rates did GM offer you? I still think they lied to the OP on what their best rate was, finance guys are allowed to keep low percentage rates secret if customers don't come in asking for it specifically with it in writing. GM usually always offers great rates on the last month of incentives on that model year.
Old 08-17-2018, 09:56 PM
Parcival
Drifting

what rates did GM offer you? I still think they lied to the OP on what their best rate was, finance guys are allowed to keep low percentage rates secret if customers don't come in asking for it specifically with it in writing. GM usually always offers great rates on the last month of incentives on that model year.
Yeah they tried to push the GM rate on me which was terrible (6%).
i declined and used a credit union here in California which was 3.4%- 260 bips is a huge difference!

Last edited by Parcival; 08-17-2018 at 09:58 PM.
hubris140 (08-19-2018)
Old 08-17-2018, 10:00 PM
cvp33
Melting Slicks

Received 1,050 Likes on 660 Posts

Wow, what a difference 19mos makes. Mine was 2.49% for 72mos. Money cost made it a no-brainer. Money grew at 10% over the same time so easy decision.
Old 08-17-2018, 10:20 PM
Mikec7z
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by cvp33
Wow, what a difference 19mos makes. Mine was 2.49% for 72mos. Money cost made it a no-brainer. Money grew at 10% over the same time so easy decision.
exactly.

i got zero percent a year ago in june on a 16 new with 30 miles on it, very lucky, interest on this chunk of money comes out to be 10 grand over the life of the loan at a normal rate. Also received more than 20 grand off the sticker.

The OP is the only person I would say I have seen pull off a better deal than I did last year. For me, the rate was very important, as, my credit was saturated with many car loans at the time, I would have been paying 8 percent and would not have bought the car at that rate, it was a miracle i was finally approved for 0 percent through the dealer. The finance guy had to pull a favor on my deal. GM was offering the rate, but my credit should never have qualified for the 0 percent.

I would not have bought the car if it weren't for the zero rate. When i did the math, my monthly payment was higher on a used 2015 c7z 1lz than a new 2016 3lz. And the price I got the new one, was 2 grand back of what a 1 year old used 15 was going through at Manheim dealer auctions, which is wholesale pricing, so i could not see any way I could lose. Very glad I pulled the trigger.

Now the true irony, i get to carry my zero percent forward to my next vehicle, after I finalize this one under lemon law.

Assuming chevy does not fix their problem myself and a few others figured out, a couple of us might be the first people on the planet with 0 percent loans on the c8's in another 2 years, as our next cars will probably end up as lemons as well.

Last edited by Mikec7z; 08-17-2018 at 10:28 PM.
hubris140 (08-19-2018)

Get notified of new replies

To Buying a 'new' 2017 Z06

Old 08-18-2018, 01:40 PM
hubris140
Pro

The rates I got from the dealer running the app were - 7% from GM and 5.95% from US bank for 72 months. Went with dealer's recommendation on US bank to lock down the car without adding additional headaches during the purchase process. My credit is pretty good - 800ish on FICO score and ~ 780s from Transunion.

Refinanced before the first payment was due via Penfed for 3.49% / 60 months. Still a far cry from the 1.9% I got about 5 years ago on my C6 but times change I guess.

Last edited by hubris140; 08-18-2018 at 01:41 PM.
Mikec7z (08-18-2018)
Old 08-18-2018, 01:54 PM
Parcival
Drifting

exactly.

i got zero percent a year ago in june on a 16 new with 30 miles on it, very lucky, interest on this chunk of money comes out to be 10 grand over the life of the loan at a normal rate. Also received more than 20 grand off the sticker.

The OP is the only person I would say I have seen pull off a better deal than I did last year. For me, the rate was very important, as, my credit was saturated with many car loans at the time, I would have been paying 8 percent and would not have bought the car at that rate, it was a miracle i was finally approved for 0 percent through the dealer. The finance guy had to pull a favor on my deal. GM was offering the rate, but my credit should never have qualified for the 0 percent.

I would not have bought the car if it weren't for the zero rate. When i did the math, my monthly payment was higher on a used 2015 c7z 1lz than a new 2016 3lz. And the price I got the new one, was 2 grand back of what a 1 year old used 15 was going through at Manheim dealer auctions, which is wholesale pricing, so i could not see any way I could lose. Very glad I pulled the trigger.

Now the true irony, i get to carry my zero percent forward to my next vehicle, after I finalize this one under lemon law.

Assuming chevy does not fix their problem myself and a few others figured out, a couple of us might be the first people on the planet with 0 percent loans on the c8's in another 2 years, as our next cars will probably end up as lemons as well.
I’m too lazy to go back and look at his details but from what i recall, the OP’s deal is the best I’ve seen.
The following 2 users liked this post by Parcival:
hubris140 (08-19-2018), Mikec7z (08-19-2018)
Old 08-19-2018, 03:35 PM
hubris140
Pro

Originally Posted by Parcival
I’m too lazy to go back and look at his details but from what i recall, the OP’s deal is the best I’ve seen.
Yup, got a deal on the car itself but nothing eyepopping on financing. You win some you lose some I guess.
Mikec7z (08-19-2018)

Quick Reply: Buying a 'new' 2017 Z06