C7 Z06 Discussion General Z06 Corvette Discussion, LT4 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: GEM Motorsports

Best Forged Wheels???

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2018, 11:43 PM
tertiumquid
Burning Brakes

Received 639 Likes on 376 Posts

Originally Posted by vdavenp802
If you are driving in 'Track' mode, that is part of your problem, Track is for the track only....
Never use track mode as I only drive it for pleasure on the street. I'm aware of the MRC issue which virtually makes it hard riding and shock-less, especially with the run flats. Thanks for your suggestion though. Everybody has been very helpful and given good advice and pointers
Old 07-21-2018, 10:04 PM
Innovate
Drifting

Received 206 Likes on 180 Posts

I would do BC Forged, made in the same place as Signature and I have been quoted at $1k cheaper. If you want to spend more, Forgeline. If you want to spend most, HRE. Granted HRE's are great and look amazing, I do not think I could purchase some.

BC Forged would be number 1 for me.
The following 3 users liked this post by Innovate:
dagartdan (09-21-2021), ElisTwoCents (02-06-2021), tertiumquid (07-21-2018)
Old 07-22-2018, 02:09 PM
mig1980
Melting Slicks

Received 45 Likes on 41 Posts

Originally Posted by Innovate
I would do BC Forged, made in the same place as Signature and I have been quoted at $1k cheaper. If you want to spend more, Forgeline. If you want to spend most, HRE. Granted HRE's are great and look amazing, I do not think I could purchase some.

who did you reach out to for a BC Forged quote?
Old 07-22-2018, 03:08 PM
Innovate
Drifting

Originally Posted by mig1980
who did you reach out to for a BC Forged quote?
PK Auto Design I think.

18x11/18x13’s in the same color but slightly different style:

Signature: $3500/$3800 I think plus shipping (erased messages, sorry for not remembering exact numbers).

BC Forged: $2800 plus shipping.
Old 07-23-2018, 02:46 PM
thewb
Supporting Vendor

Received 109 Likes on 68 Posts

Where is BC Forged & Signature Wheels built?
The following users liked this post:
CW4L (07-23-2018)
Old 07-23-2018, 03:02 PM
Innovate
Drifting

So Cal for all I know, a ton of people have told me that they are made in the same place. To me why would one pay $1k more for wheels that look close to the same and come in the same colors?

Edit: I just saw where the only comments that say different are that they are both made in Taiwan in separate factories owned by BC Forged? You are the wheel people, enlighten us.

Last edited by Innovate; 07-23-2018 at 03:16 PM.
Old 07-23-2018, 03:58 PM
thewb
Supporting Vendor

So Cal for all I know, a ton of people have told me that they are made in the same place. To me why would one pay $1k more for wheels that look close to the same and come in the same colors?

Edit: I just saw where the only comments that say different are that they are both made in Taiwan in separate factories owned by BC Forged? You are the wheel people, enlighten us.
I just confirmed that they are both made in the same facility in Taiwan (Republic of China).
CW4L (07-23-2018)
Old 07-23-2018, 04:30 PM
Innovate
Drifting

Originally Posted by thewb
I just confirmed that they are both made in the same facility in Taiwan (Republic of China).
Ah ok, cool. Then I wonder why Signature is way more expensive (relatively speaking).
Old 07-23-2018, 04:42 PM
0Deity.Motorsports
Former Vendor

Received 329 Likes on 225 Posts

Taiwan, where 90% of the world’s best quality forged blanks comes from. Super Alloy is the workd’s biggest supplier on highest quality forging. Guess who are supplying “American Made” wheels. Please don’t get so hung up on where my wheels are made, from another competing vendor too.

300 sets sold alone in for Vettes in 2 years all with positive feedbacks, plenty tracked big time with slicks. Ford Performance Racing School even ordered 5 sets for the school, with more orders possibly.

Im not sure what you are insinuating but Taiwan is a first world country with cost of living similar to of the big cities in the US. All of my wheels are JWL and VIA tested.
The following 2 users liked this post by Deity.Motorsports:
ElisTwoCents (02-06-2021), timmyZ06 (12-02-2018)
Old 07-23-2018, 04:44 PM
0Deity.Motorsports
Former Vendor

Ah ok, cool. Then I wonder why Signature is way more expensive (relatively speaking).
my prices are always quoted with shipping included. Please don’t pass on miss leading numbers.

Last edited by Deity.Motorsports; 07-23-2018 at 04:49 PM.
Old 07-23-2018, 04:49 PM
Forgeline Support
Premium Supporting Vendor

Received 42 Likes on 23 Posts
Default american forgings

Originally Posted by Deity.Motorsports

Taiwan, where 90% of the world’s best quality forged blanks comes from. Super Alloy is the workd’s biggest supplier on highest quality forging. Guess who are supplying “American Made” wheels. Please don’t get so hung up on where my wheels are made, from another competing vendor too.

300 sets sold alone in for Vettes in 2 years all with positive feedbacks, plenty tracked big time with slicks. Ford Performance Racing School even ordered 5 sets for the school, with more orders possibly.

Im not sure what you are insinuating but Taiwan is a first world country with cost of living similar to of the big cities in the US. All of my wheels are JWL and VIA tested.
Forgeline only uses American made forgings from APP ( Aluminum Precision Products) An Aerospace forging house in California...HRE as well... Just FYI
The following 2 users liked this post by Forgeline Support:
HRE_Jurrian (07-23-2018), thewb (07-23-2018)
Old 07-23-2018, 04:52 PM
0Deity.Motorsports
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by Forgeline resource
Forgeline only uses American made forgings from APP ( Aluminum Precision Products) An Aerospace forging house in California...HRE as well... Just FYI

Correct, never a debate on this.

Majority of other companies aren’t.
Forgeline Support (07-23-2018)
Old 07-23-2018, 05:02 PM
thewb
Supporting Vendor

And I'm not sure what part of my factual sentence led you to believe that I was insinuating anything. No need to get defensive about where your wheels are made
CW4L (07-23-2018)
Old 07-23-2018, 05:11 PM
0Deity.Motorsports
Former Vendor

And I'm not sure what part of my factual sentence led you to believe that I was insinuating anything. No need to get defensive about where your wheels are made
You or your account attacked Signature out right in other big name sport car forums. I’m glad this forum’s rule is much better. You aren’t suppose to comment competing vendors. Keep the business clean.

I’ll just let my spotless reputation and perfect customer service do my selling for me.

Old 07-23-2018, 05:42 PM
PK Auto Design
Supporting Vendor

Received 138 Likes on 131 Posts

Originally Posted by tertiumquid
Thanks for the reply. Have you had any experience or knowledge of MMR wheels?
I have knowledge of them sir, what would you like to know?
Old 07-23-2018, 08:56 PM
Innovate
Drifting

my prices are always quoted with shipping included. Please don’t pass on miss leading numbers.
Then that does help as I did not know that. I did not mean to bash Signature, all of your customers have been more than happy with their purchase. I think it is odd no one pushes BC as they do Signature though, as they are pretty much the same and BC is still a little cheaper.

You or your account attacked Signature out right in other big name sport car forums. I’m glad this forum’s rule is much better. You aren’t suppose to comment competing vendors. Keep the business clean.

I’ll just let my spotless reputation and perfect customer service do my selling for me.

I think the Taiwan statement was only factual. Your last sentence is not wrong lol, nothing but good things have been said of you.
Deity.Motorsports (07-23-2018)
Old 07-23-2018, 09:01 PM
Innovate
Drifting

Also, what is the grade difference between the American aluminum forgings (HRE/Forgeline) and the Taiwan aluminum forgings (BC/Signature)? I highly doubt much I would think.

Get notified of new replies

To Best Forged Wheels???

Old 07-23-2018, 09:32 PM
0Deity.Motorsports
Former Vendor

I think the Taiwan statement was only factual. Your last sentence is not wrong lol, nothing but good things have been said of you.

It is but it does get tiresome from other forum posts. The same spillage of “beware of made in China” and “beware of made in Taiwan” gets old after a while.

He came in this thread acting like he doesn’t know it already. I don’t hide the fact that my wheels are proudly made in Taiwan. Excellent service and 30 days turn around is hard to beat.

Many has to resort to this tactic to get some extra sells. Just let the product speaks you know.

Old 07-23-2018, 09:41 PM
Innovate
Drifting

It is but it does get tiresome from other forum posts. The same spillage of “beware of made in China” and “beware of made in Taiwan” gets old after a while.

He came in this thread acting like he doesn’t know it already. I don’t hide the fact that my wheels are proudly made in Taiwan. Excellent service and 30 days turn around is hard to beat.

Many has to resort to this tactic to get some extra sells. Just let the product speaks you know.

Ahhh ok, I understand now. The china bit lol. The product has definitely spoken, there are way more Signature/BC Forged wheels going around nowadays than HRE from what I have seen.
Old 07-24-2018, 08:33 AM
CW4L
Supporting Vendor

Received 730 Likes on 596 Posts

We love our Forgelines on our 800 RWHP C7R with all the goodies. We have done lots of Forgeline sets and if you need any help just hollar!!

Have a great day all and if theres anything we can help with on products we carry let us know. You will NEVER be disappointed!

Call or Text anytime 440-915-6166

#1 Forged Wheel Master Distributor for Corvettes Worldwide since 2010
Call/Text 440-915-6166

Forgeline*Anrky*HRE*PUR*Brixton*Vorstein er*Akra*Brembo*IPE and Many More....

REVIEWS: http://forums.corvetteforum.com/whee...r-reviews.html

EMAIL: sales@cw4L.com
PHONE 440-915-6166 CALL OR TEXT ANYTIME!!!

Follow us on Instagram @custom_wheels_for_less

Last edited by CW4L; 12-01-2018 at 11:41 AM.

Quick Reply: Best Forged Wheels???