C7 Z06 Discussion General Z06 Corvette Discussion, LT4 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: GEM Motorsports

Manual vs Auto

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2018, 07:05 PM
Z0HS1CK
Race Director

Received 3,200 Likes on 2,143 Posts

Originally Posted by QUAKEJAKE
Since starting this thread I have learned a bit about the A8. Although I have not been able to road test one which would have given me more than just an educated guess, I have listened to a few that said they have driven the A8 Hellcat as well.With there help comparing the two I think I would find Corvettes A8 underwhelming. The Hellcat with the transmission in track mode just slams you back in your seat at 3/4 throttle. I wound up going with the M7 with my order. Thanks all for your imput from both sides.
Yes i been saying this from the beginning. I driven both and i'm not a professional driver. And neither is anyone who posted in this thread.

With that said, as a "average driver", you will notice the difference between both the ZF and the GM A8. You will QUICKLY find out which one is better. I mean don't listen to me, go try them out for yourself lol.

To me, it was not only how hard it shifts in track, but you can actually shift it via paddles (talking about the ZF now), from ANY rpm, and it'll be MUCH more responsive. And not to mention the downshifts are a lot quicker than the GM A8. It's not even a comparison.

But it doesn't matter because you picked the M7 already. And by that, this thread can now be done finally.

You chose the right trans
Old 07-31-2018, 07:39 PM
Gee Venom
Racer

Received 45 Likes on 36 Posts

Since starting this thread I have learned a bit about the A8. Although I have not been able to road test one which would have given me more than just an educated guess, I have listened to a few that said they have driven the A8 Hellcat as well.With there help comparing the two I think I would find Corvettes A8 underwhelming. The Hellcat with the transmission in track mode just slams you back in your seat at 3/4 throttle. I wound up going with the M7 with my order. Thanks all for your imput from both sides.
I believe manual is the way to go. I as well ordered mines in a manual. And I believe one day, M7’s will go up in value since they might not make them anymore in the near future.
Old 07-31-2018, 10:41 PM
madrob2020
Melting Slicks

Received 957 Likes on 620 Posts

I wound up going with the M7 with my order. Thanks all for your imput from both sides.
Congrats! Now for the waiting. Let us know what combination of interior/exterior & options you ordered if you don't mind. Can't wait for pics too when it comes.
Old 08-01-2018, 06:52 AM
QUAKEJAKE
Le Mans Master

Received 80 Likes on 54 Posts

Originally Posted by madrob2020
Congrats! Now for the waiting. Let us know what combination of interior/exterior & options you ordered if you don't mind. Can't wait for pics too when it comes.

This is the twin of my ordered car. I added the Jake Stinger hood decal, GM Jake Cai 2 LZ package.

Quick Reply: Manual vs Auto