Which cars does the C7 Z06 auto compete with performance-wise. Forgetting cost - CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

Go Back  CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion > C7 Corvette > C7 Z06 Discussion
Reload this Page >

Which cars does the C7 Z06 auto compete with performance-wise. Forgetting cost

Notices
C7 Z06 Discussion General Z06 Corvette Discussion, LT4 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Which cars does the C7 Z06 auto compete with performance-wise. Forgetting cost

Old 07-17-2018, 07:34 PM
desibaba
CF Senior Member

Default Which cars does the C7 Z06 auto compete with performance-wise. Forgetting cost

I am a sales manager at a lexus dealership and I can easily tell someone that a 2019 Lexus ES350 competes with the infiniti q50, the c300 benz and the acura tlx. However if you asked me the same question about my 2018 2lz z06 auto with pdr I really don't know. I know it competes with cars in performance that are over $300k on average but lets say sales price tops was $500k of the competitors. Which other cars go head to head with it? Im assuming the Porsche 911 turbo s? The Aventador? Maybe the Nissan GTR (from 0-60 anyway)? What else? I wouldn't consider cars like the Porsche 918 or the LaFerrari because they are close to a million so lets keep this comparison to cars that cost under $500k MSRP vs my $89,570 z06 auto 2lz with pdr.

Last edited by desibaba; 07-17-2018 at 07:35 PM.
Old 07-17-2018, 08:13 PM
RobGZ06
CF Senior Member

Compete how?

1/4? You can easily do a google search for that.

On the course? Don't get yourself into that debate because you'll lose. We all know our Z's overheat, especially yours since yours is an auto.

With that said, every car will outperform an auto Z on a course if there's more than 1 lap lol. Our cars are true contenders and will whip on most supercars but only for 1 lap. Maybe 2 if you're lucky. Other than that, cars like the GTR, ferrari F12 etc will run rings around our cars.

Btw you should have waited a couple more months to get your '18. They usually knock like 15k off the price towards like september. 90k seems a bit much. Unless you got yours earlier this year.
Old 07-17-2018, 08:19 PM
BLK06ZO6

Short answer, it competes with any street car less than $500k that I can think of. It might be slower to 60 than a Turbo S or slower around a road course than an ACR, but it’s a truly impressive car at any price point. It’s enough car to make anyone smile when driven at the limit and the fact your spending less than $90k to get there is absurd. And by absurd, I mean awesome.
Old 07-18-2018, 01:56 AM
desibaba
CF Senior Member

Originally Posted by RobGZ06 View Post
Compete how?

On the course? Don't get yourself into that debate because you'll lose. We all know our Z's overheat, especially yours since yours is an auto.

With that said, every car will outperform an auto Z on a course if there's more than 1 lap lol. Our cars are true contenders and will whip on most supercars but only for 1 lap. Maybe 2 if you're lucky. Other than that, cars like the GTR, ferrari F12 etc will run rings around our cars.

Btw you should have waited a couple more months to get your '18. They usually knock like 15k off the price towards like september. 90k seems a bit much. Unless you got yours earlier this year.
the msrp was 89,570. I paid 78k for it
Old 07-18-2018, 02:04 AM
sunsalem
CF Senior Member

Thanked 1,236 Times in 934 Posts

Originally Posted by desibaba View Post
I am a sales manager at a lexus dealership and I can easily tell someone that a 2019 Lexus ES350 competes with the infiniti q50, the c300 benz and the acura tlx. However if you asked me the same question about my 2018 2lz z06 auto with pdr I really don't know. I know it competes with cars in performance that are over $300k on average but lets say sales price tops was $500k of the competitors. Which other cars go head to head with it? Im assuming the Porsche 911 turbo s? The Aventador? Maybe the Nissan GTR (from 0-60 anyway)? What else? I wouldn't consider cars like the Porsche 918 or the LaFerrari because they are close to a million so lets keep this comparison to cars that cost under $500k MSRP vs my $89,570 z06 auto 2lz with pdr.
Huh?
You've been around here awhile...and you know the answer.
Old 07-18-2018, 09:11 AM
dvilin
CF Senior Member

Thanked 2,558 Times in 1,853 Posts

Compete how?

What a pleasant response, of course totally inaccurate but expected from those who troll along the various forums.
The Following User Says Thank You to dvilin For This Useful Post:
VetterFlyer (07-18-2018)
Old 07-18-2018, 09:22 AM
RobGZ06
CF Senior Member

Inaccurate meaning the car doesnt overheat?

which part of that post was inaccurate. I'm a z owner too and even I can admit its many flaws.

That's the difference between understanding the flaws or being blinded by your own denial.

But that's expected from those who choose not to believe what's real due to insecurity along the various forums.
Old 07-18-2018, 09:26 AM
jcthorne
CF Senior Member

With its incomplete and poorly engineered inadequate cooling system, the Z06 unfortunately does not compete with ANY of the supercars on the market. Its a more fair comparison to other pony cars that also cannot perform on the track without significant modification. Camero, Mustang, BMW M3, Challenger.

The Z is a nice street car but no track chops unless highly modified.
The Following User Says Thank You to jcthorne For This Useful Post:
RobGZ06 (07-18-2018)
Old 07-18-2018, 09:52 AM
saleen556
CF Senior Member

Originally Posted by jcthorne View Post
With its incomplete and poorly engineered inadequate cooling system, the Z06 unfortunately does not compete with ANY of the supercars on the market. Its a more fair comparison to other pony cars that also cannot perform on the track without significant modification. Camero, Mustang, BMW M3, Challenger.

I love my 17 Z M7 on the street. Haven't gotten a chance to track it yet though. Are the M7s overheating as well? I know some are getting a code at 140mph but that's fixed with the update I hear.
Old 07-18-2018, 10:09 AM
RobGZ06
CF Senior Member

Originally Posted by saleen556 View Post

I love my 17 Z M7 on the street. Haven't gotten a chance to track it yet though. Are the M7s overheating as well? I know some are getting a code at 140mph but that's fixed with the update I hear.
if you do a search you'll see even the m7's "can" overheat but its not a problem as bad as the auto guys. Auto guys guaranteed overheating for any track event unless you do only 1 lap.

for the street neither should overheat. I have an m7 and I drive my car with the ac on in the summer and I still push it from time to time. Temp never breaks 220f.

as far as the code. It seems that 160mph or 157mph is the magic number. I think this is done so that the code is recorded in the ECU so GM knows, on record, the car had reached that speed.
Old 07-18-2018, 10:20 AM
spearfish25
CF Senior Member

Originally Posted by jcthorne View Post

Are you referring to A8s? I and many others have countless track hours on M7 Z06 cars without ever overheating. And I typically pass all the cars that have been listed in the potential competitors above. They have to be driven well to keep up or pass a Z06...and that's at the end of 30 minute sessions in Florida summer heat when my Cup 2 tires have decided to shred themselves.

Last edited by spearfish25; 07-18-2018 at 10:21 AM.
Old 07-18-2018, 11:28 AM
16/C7Z
CF Senior Member

An A8 Z06 has been and will continue to be tracked at 9/10ths, faster than anything you can buy under 150k and probably more, without overheating. In the heat. Do a search here. One guy I'm referring to also owns a Huracan. He claims his A8 Z06 is as fast maybe faster than the Huracan around the track driven at said 9/10ths.

so that should end that nonsense. One lap I swear its comical. Learn how to use the power you've been provided with in the way it works. TORQUE is your friend with a blower, not rpm.

having said that, so many members with the M7 and aux radiator at 10/10ths do not overheat and run until out of fuel.
Old 07-18-2018, 11:40 AM
jcthorne
CF Senior Member

Does not change the FACT that GM sold 2015 to current Z06 vehicles as track capable. They are NOT as sold. This includes A8 cars that they even bragged as being faster on the track than M7 Cars.

GM is making similar claims now on the ZR1. We are supposed to believe them this time? When do I get the car I already paid for?

GM sold one thing and delivered less. The market has clearly spoken on the value of the cars as a result. Now they fix the issues and make the same claims only its a 'new model' Not drinking the kool aid.

The C7Z is a GREAT car. They just sold it as something it never was and was not engineered to be. Because of the false claims the market has heavily punished the owners resale value. If they had just marketed the car for what it WAS rather than for what it WAS NOT, there would never have been the very bad perceptions in the market from the badly tarnished reputation.

Last edited by jcthorne; 07-18-2018 at 11:47 AM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jcthorne For This Useful Post:
RobGZ06 (07-18-2018), scramblerman (07-19-2018)
Old 07-18-2018, 11:46 AM
RobGZ06
CF Senior Member

Gm did make a claim that the zr1 puts out 755hp on a 100 degree day. So its battle tested. They def learned from their z06 mistakes. So in cooler weather the zr1 is actually an incredibly fast *** car.

for us z owners. Unfortunately we get the short end of the stick. And auto z guys get even less than that lol.
Old 07-18-2018, 12:47 PM
desibaba
CF Senior Member

Not to go off topic but I did Ron Fellows in the Nevada heat on May 2 and 3 in an auto 2018 z06 with z07. In the two days there not one car overheated
Old 07-18-2018, 01:36 PM
RobGZ06
CF Senior Member

Ron fellows modify their program cars so they dont overheat lol.

A stock z that goes through even 25% of the abuse their program has will blow up lol.

Last edited by RobGZ06; 07-18-2018 at 01:36 PM.
Old 07-18-2018, 01:49 PM
desibaba
CF Senior Member

A stock z that goes through even 25% of the abuse their program has will blow up lol.
We asked that question to the big boss there Rick Malone and he said the only mods done were the sponsors stickers applied to the cars.
Old 07-18-2018, 01:50 PM
Tort
CF Senior Member

Really?!lol
Old 07-18-2018, 02:20 PM
Warp Factor
CF Senior Member

No, they don't. I not only asked, but went over the car I was driving pretty extensively looking for any differences from my stock car.
How 'bout you?
Total BS.

Last edited by Warp Factor; 07-18-2018 at 02:27 PM.
Old 07-18-2018, 02:24 PM
RobGZ06
CF Senior Member

Originally Posted by desibaba View Post
We asked that question to the big boss there Rick Malone and he said the only mods done were the sponsors stickers applied to the cars.
so let me get this straight.

the average customer takes his auto z to the track and overheats in 3 or 4 laps.

you go to Ron fellows and beat on z's all day in Nevada heat and doesnt over heat and you're buying that? Lmao

I have a bridge to sell you too lol.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Which cars does the C7 Z06 auto compete with performance-wise. Forgetting cost

Sponsored Ads
Vendor Directory

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: