C7 Z06 Discussion General Z06 Corvette Discussion, LT4 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: GEM Motorsports

2016 C7.R build

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2018, 11:28 AM
charlierogers
Advanced

Received 26 Likes on 21 Posts

Default 2016 C7.R build

baseline dyno pull on bone stock zo6 at Nicky performance in st Charles il. car was warmed up at normal operating temp but not heat soaked. this is my wifes car and she will be doing most of the work {minus tune} herself with me helping with some of the heavy work. build will include tvs 2300 heartbeat with a 76.2 zpe upper pulley, nick Williams 103 throttle body, halltech intake, lmr billet t stat 165 degree, norcal cat delete + borla x pipe. keeping stock npp system. just waiting on cat delete then will start build. hope to get car done and back in line for retune and dyno pull. I have built a few older street hotrods/ muscle cars that have been pretty fast but I am amazed at how powerful and street friendly these new perf cars are! the guys at Nicky performance are very straight forward and invited me to look around the shop and view a couple of dyno pulls on other cars they built in the 800-1000 rwhp range! hellcats, zl1 camaros and such. also invited me to the dragstrip to see there builds back up hp numbers.
Charlie,

Last edited by charlierogers; 11-16-2018 at 08:33 PM. Reason: adding info error
Old 07-27-2018, 12:55 PM
Thomasmoto
Race Director

Received 1,504 Likes on 1,026 Posts

That's good power from a bone stock Z06.
Old 07-27-2018, 07:31 PM
charlierogers
Advanced

i thought the numbers were good? i think the weather helped it was about 73 degrees with low humidity. plus the manual trans and carbon fiber rotors maybe squeaked the numbers higher
Old 07-27-2018, 09:03 PM
3 Z06ZR1
Team Owner

Received 900 Likes on 742 Posts

Very nice be interesting to see how it comes out cat delete pipe and x pipe compared to headers. My build has the regular PTB though.
Also you have more mods than I do with the 103 tb and larger snout and smaller upper pulley Very nice love the 2300.

Last edited by 3 Z06ZR1; 11-12-2018 at 04:52 PM.
Old 07-27-2018, 09:17 PM
charlierogers
Advanced

Originally Posted by 3 Z06ZR1
Very nice be interesting to see how it comes out cat delete pipe and x pipe compared to headers. My build has the regular PTB though. Very nice love the 2300.
not sure what the big throttle body is worth power wise if anything. have not seen much discussion or testing here either way I am also interested to see the power differential between our cars cat delete vs headers!
The following users liked this post:
3 Z06ZR1 (07-27-2018)
Old 07-27-2018, 10:24 PM
3 Z06ZR1
Team Owner

Originally Posted by charlierogers
not sure what the big throttle body is worth power wise if anything. have not seen much discussion or testing here either way I am also interested to see the power differential between our cars cat delete vs headers!
I was on
the fence on the big TB. Already had the PTB so I stuck with it. Here is my stock w/ Halltech which was close to your stock number baseline 599/604 vs plus headers so 37 rw gain with headers I think you may need them.
More numbers from my A8 with Halltech only 582/604 It is getting a 2300 and headers.

Last edited by 3 Z06ZR1; 07-27-2018 at 10:42 PM.
Old 07-28-2018, 07:01 AM
Jim Himes
7th Gear

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Can’t believe nobody has said this yet but your wife is awesome. Driving a manual Z06 and working on the car too. Wow!!!
MP&RPZ06 (07-28-2018)
Old 07-28-2018, 08:53 AM
charlierogers
Advanced

yea she is awesome!! here she is helping me install motor on my 57. small block/ 4 speed street car. shes a gear head at heart
3 Z06ZR1 (07-28-2018)
Old 07-28-2018, 08:57 AM
MP&RPZ06
Instructor

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts

^^^ Let us know how the build turns out. Thanks

Last edited by Steve Garrett; 11-15-2018 at 09:29 PM.
Old 10-22-2018, 10:45 PM
charlierogers
Advanced

well finally got the heartbeat on with supporting mods listed at top of page. very happy with final results! will post dyno pull video as soon as I get it. posting only final numbers when car was {coolant/oil/supercharger coolant] properly warmed up to street conditions. so no bs hero pulls. numbers are not sae but in standard format.
93 octane only, no additives or eth . temps and humidity on days of testing were very similar for accuracy sakes. the only numbers that really matter to me are stock rwhp gain of 121 and max torque gain of 123 with very similar torque curves. I really thought the stock exh manifolds were going to keep these numbers closer to 95-100 increase in hp and tq. but it looks like the factory did a damn good job on the manifolds. it was not a money situation that kept me from headers was just trying to keep under hood temps as low as possible as we all know how hot they get. does not look that much is left on the table with the header vs stock manifolds. big thanks to Stefano and matt at NICKEY PERFORMANCE. but a bigger thanks to Beth for getting us on the schedule!!

Old 10-23-2018, 12:38 AM
3 Z06ZR1
Team Owner

baseline dyno pull on bone stock zo6 at Nicky performance in st Charles il. car was warmed up at normal operating temp but not heat soaked. this is my wifes car and she will be doing most of the work {minus tune} herself with me helping with some of the heavy work. build will include tvs 2300 heartbeat with a 73.5 upper pulley, nick Williams 103 throttle body, halltech intake, lmr billet t stat 165 degree, norcal cat delete + borla x pipe. keeping stock npp system. just waiting on cat delete then will start build. hope to get car done and back in line for retune and dyno pull. I have built a few older street hotrods/ muscle cars that have been pretty fast but I am amazed at how powerful and street friendly these new perf cars are! the guys at Nicky performance are very straight forward and invited me to look around the shop and view a couple of dyno pulls on other cars they built in the 800-1000 rwhp range! hellcats, zl1 camaros and such. also invited me to the dragstrip to see there builds back up hp numbers.
Charlie,
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sAvfUiXQwJw
Do you have Jake on your hood? I want the jake stinger but my parts guy wants a vin so he can get me one.
Plus your numbers are about 25 high mostly from the dyno reading in STD instead of SAE have him print and display in SAE more accuracy in the numbers.

Old 11-11-2018, 05:06 PM
charlierogers
Advanced

figured I better finish this thread with final video. 93 pump gas, no additives, no e splashed in, no games. there was a little more room left in the power department but decided to stop here for safe and longevity
Old 11-12-2018, 03:39 PM
Nickey Chicago
Cruising

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 3 Z06ZR1
Do you have Jake on your hood? I want the jake stinger but my parts guy wants a vin so he can get me one.
Plus your numbers are about 25 high mostly from the dyno reading in STD instead of SAE have him print and display in SAE more accuracy in the numbers.
The Dyno numbers are acurate, just in STD vs SAE. We baseline in STD as well so the Delta is one of the main aspects we foucs on. 121 rwhp and 123 tq is a good gain, especially based on the Mods.

This Customer is one Lucky Guy, he does have an awesome Wife. She can wrench and drive ; )
Old 11-12-2018, 04:41 PM
3 Z06ZR1
Team Owner

Originally Posted by Nickey Chicago
The Dyno numbers are acurate, just in STD vs SAE. We baseline in STD as well so the Delta is one of the main aspects we foucs on. 121 rwhp and 123 tq is a good gain, especially based on the Mods.

This Customer is one Lucky Guy, he does have an awesome Wife. She can wrench and drive ; )
Just was pointing out STD 700 maybe 680 in SAE just needs a reprint. Everyone also posts in SAE numbers was just pointing that out! Nice build and great job to all!

You really have several more mods than I. 103 tb is worth up to 30 rwhp with the larger snout you have then the smaller upper pulley as well
Mine was 2300 w/ headers/ intake period! Then your using STD numbers which are higher than SAE numbers which mine represent as well.
Stock M7 manual on my tuners dyno is 560 not near 590.

So we cannot dyno race two different builds on two different types of dyno's.
No way to show the difference with the Cat deletes and headers. The cat delete numbers are in concert mostly with non catted borla X-pipes and guttted stock pipes.

Lets see just the cat delete numbers ? It is way short of full headers. The headers are headers not two different pipes that both cost. 1800 headers what 1500-1700 for catdelete with borla? Not seeing the value here? Plus I still have a cat with no smell.

Vendors throw the headers on and they bring the 40 rwhp promised. Nothing against cat delete. Nice build and nice work going to the 2300!

Originally Posted by Thomasmoto
That's good power from a bone stock Z06.
baseline dyno pull on bone stock zo6 at Nicky performance in st Charles il. car was warmed up at normal operating temp but not heat soaked. this is my wifes car and she will be doing most of the work {minus tune} herself with me helping with some of the heavy work. build will include tvs 2300 heartbeat with a 73.5 upper pulley, nick Williams 103 throttle body, halltech intake, lmr billet t stat 165 degree, norcal cat delete + borla x pipe. keeping stock npp system. just waiting on cat delete then will start build. hope to get car done and back in line for retune and dyno pull. I have built a few older street hotrods/ muscle cars that have been pretty fast but I am amazed at how powerful and street friendly these new perf cars are! the guys at Nicky performance are very straight forward and invited me to look around the shop and view a couple of dyno pulls on other cars they built in the 800-1000 rwhp range! hellcats, zl1 camaros and such. also invited me to the dragstrip to see there builds back up hp numbers.
Charlie,
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sAvfUiXQwJw
Nice job! Love the 2300's. if you could post a dyno sheet in SAE print out. The STD your tuner used does read a little higher number. Would like to compare that way we could see the boost and the AFR,
Plus we have many differences to how we are making our power.
your build vs mine You have a larger snout and the Nick Williams 103 TB vs my stock 87 MAMO that should be 30 rwhp plus right there.
Plus you have a smaller 70 mm pulley vs my 80mm pulley 2300 comes with 70 mm or the 80mm standard, another 20-30 so the catdelete vs header is holding you back
So not apples to apples but we are the same power the numbers I have would be very close in you were in SAE.
The tuner can print and read out in either SAE or STD STD looks better is all!
My build was dyno'd with a 2300 intake and headers nothing more

Last edited by Steve Garrett; 11-15-2018 at 09:29 PM. Reason: Merged Posts-please use the Multi-Quote button in the lower right hand corner (the middle icon) to make your responses to multiple people look like this!
Old 11-14-2018, 02:40 PM
charlierogers
Advanced

when I originally went in to talk about modding the zo6 with the owner {Stefano} of nickey perf. I had a plan in mind. it helped out that they have done multiple lt4 2300 builds of different power levels. they were originally against me doing a cat delete kit vs headers and advised against it. but as long as it was my car it was my choice. I thought it was worth a chance to try it out, and if the numbers were way off compared to their similar builds I could always sell my cat delete and add headers. turns out the numbers are better than I and the nickey guys expected. after seeing this it gives them another option for there customers. I am not running a 70mm pully its a 73.5mm and I wont guess at how much hp that it helped or hurt without back to back testing on my car. same goes for the 103tb. guessing at hp numbers is just a waste of time without the proper testing. I don't have the dyno sheets in sae but I think its about 2%-3% lower than std. but what has been expressed before is the most important "the delta". its really simple math. I only mentioned your car because its similar {manual trans,2300,halltech,} that is why I listed ALL my mods so anyone that is trying to do research can get accurate info. its good to have strong opinions on things but is best to keep a open mind to other ideas. when you have a closed mind about things there is no way to advance your knowledge!
Charlie,,
Z06Norway (11-16-2018)
Old 11-15-2018, 08:29 PM
3 Z06ZR1
Team Owner

when I originally went in to talk about modding the zo6 with the owner {Stefano} of nickey perf. I had a plan in mind. it helped out that they have done multiple lt4 2300 builds of different power levels. they were originally against me doing a cat delete kit vs headers and advised against it. but as long as it was my car it was my choice. I thought it was worth a chance to try it out, and if the numbers were way off compared to their similar builds I could always sell my cat delete and add headers. turns out the numbers are better than I and the nickey guys expected. after seeing this it gives them another option for there customers. I am not running a 70mm pully its a 73.5mm and I wont guess at how much hp that it helped or hurt without back to back testing on my car. same goes for the 103tb. guessing at hp numbers is just a waste of time without the proper testing. I don't have the dyno sheets in sae but I think its about 2%-3% lower than std. but what has been expressed before is the most important "the delta". its really simple math. I only mentioned your car because its similar {manual trans,2300,halltech,} that is why I listed ALL my mods so anyone that is trying to do research can get accurate info. its good to have strong opinions on things but is best to keep a open mind to other ideas. when you have a closed mind about things there is no way to advance your knowledge!
Charlie,,
My pulley is a little larger than 80 mm if you include the outer rim but they show it as 80mm. They show 70 or 80 upper so if it came on the blower from Maggy I could be wrong but I think it is the 70mm.
Old 11-16-2018, 07:50 AM
Z06Norway
Melting Slicks

Received 241 Likes on 145 Posts

Charlie,,
Did you monitor boost during the dyne pull ?
Would be interesting to see boost level on yours vs. 3 Z06ZR1 i think you have 70 and he has 80 ? Have not found any info on 73.5 mm ?

Rune
Old 11-16-2018, 08:30 PM
charlierogers
Advanced

Originally Posted by Z06Norway
Would be interesting to see boost level on yours vs. 3 Z06ZR1 i think you have 70 and he has 80 ? Have not found any info on 73.5 mm ?

Rune
I am sure they logged/ monitored boost pressures. I did not pay much attention to much of that or any of the actual tuning lol. i will get more info next week as the nickey shop guys will be at the mcacn { muscle car and corvette nationals} all weekend. the stock pulley is a 80mm. check out "zpe griptec" pulleys. they offer a wide range of pully sizes 69mm-86mm. i made a mistake on my pulley size. the one the car was tuned with was a 3.00inch {76.2mm} i also have a 2.90inch {73.66mm}. i don't think 76mm to a 80mm will change boost dramatically though i could be wrong??? next year when we have more time we will be testing 70mm, 73mm.
Charlie,,,
Old 11-19-2018, 01:40 PM
charlierogers
Advanced

Originally Posted by Z06Norway

Rune
got info on boost from my tuner, about 12.5 lbs. hope this helps. would be good information if other 2300 users watching or reading this would post boost numbers and mods to compare!
Charlie,,
Z06Norway (11-22-2018)

Get notified of new replies

To 2016 C7.R build

Quick Reply: 2016 C7.R build