C7 Z06 Discussion General Z06 Corvette Discussion, LT4 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: GEM Motorsports

C7 Corvette WindRestrictor Wind Block with Corvette Logos Now Available!

Old 07-28-2018, 10:25 AM
southerncarparts
Supporting Vendor

Received 314 Likes on 287 Posts
St. Jude Donor '06-'07, '13, '15

Default C7 Corvette WindRestrictor Wind Block with Corvette Logos Now Available!

Finally available! The C7 Corvette WindRestrictor for the convertible and also the coupe, with C7 Logos!

Coupe available here: https://www.southerncarparts.com/c7-...deflector.html

Convertible available here: https://www.southerncarparts.com/cor...ck-p-6404.html

The only Corvette Wind Restrictor in the World that doesn't need to be removed with the top up or down!

Finally!! A sensible solution to the age-old dilemma, do I drop the top of my C7 Corvette while cruising down the highway at 75 mph and decide I will have a conversation less I want to scream. But I keep the top up the sun out and have no fun? While now with the C7 Corvette wind deflector known as a windrestrictor you can absolutely have the best of both worlds. This Corvette when deflector actually keeps the wind out of the cockpit area, we mean to the point that you can actually keep a map sitting on the center console without a blown around (provided you still use a map). You no longer have to worry about the relentless wind as you cruising down the road, oh, if you have long hair no worries this will keep the wind at bay and keep your hair styled just as he left the house.

If you are like me and have a C7 Convertible, you know how much wind can blow through the cabin at highway speeds. My wife really hates it - after spending 30 minutes doing her hair! This C7 Wind Restrictor is really the answer. This piece will remove almost all wind blowing through the cabin at any speed. Bolts in place so there is no drilling required.

The WindRestrictor® brand windscreen for the C7 Corvette (2014-Current) installs using our renowned bracket system which is the most refined, high-quality mounting system on the windscreen market today. Our product is the ONLY product in the market that remains in place once installed, while also requiring no drilling of holes into your brand new Vette.

**NO REMOVAL REQUIRED to put your top up and down!**

A lifetime warranty is included with the product which guarantees that the product will never fade, yellow, peel or cracks like others on the market.

Installation Details:

The wind deflector includes printed instructions which are simple to understand and are written intended for a "Do It Yourself" modification. We also provide a video link with step-by-step explanations. The installation of this wind deflector requires no drilling or permanent modification, unlike the General Motors version which requires that 4 large holes be drilled into your deck lid. Our installation takes anywhere from 10-20 minutes, while the GM deflector requires certified dealer installation.

What makes the WINDRESTRICTOR brand superior?

According to Wind Screen Reviews, Corvette enthusiasts prefer a functional product that complements the Vette’s aggressive body style. The #1 Rated WindRestrictor brand was specifically engineered to answer this call.

The windscreen's dimensions and design were created to reduce the maximum amount of wind turbulence while remaining in place once mounted for ultimate convenience. Our sturdy bracket system was created to allow for a simplistic yet strong installation, unlike others on the market which may rattle or vibrate while driving. The brackets are powder coated to match the beautiful black finish of the panel on which it mounts for a classic, OEM look.

The windscreen itself is more than thirty times stronger than glass and crystal clear to guarantee absolute rear visibility with no glare. Older mesh style Vette nets are a thing of the past! There is no need in worrying any longer if you will be able to see through the windscreen while enjoying your nighttime cruises.

You will notice a significant difference in wind noise which will allow you to love the drive in your convertible even more! You will be able to maintain a more consistent cabin temperature, hear your radio better, and carry on a conversation with a passenger or on the phone without having to raise your voice.

Another distinct feature exclusive to the Wind Restrictor brand is that the windscreen illumination can be used as additional to draw more attention to the rear of your Corvette as you come to a stop. This safety feature is especially helpful to catch the attention of drivers who are following too closely.

The following users liked this post:
RocksZC7 (10-03-2018)
Old 11-29-2018, 10:23 AM
NA FURY
Instructor

Received 101 Likes on 42 Posts

What are the benefits for coupes? This seems to be very focused on convertibles but I see a separate coupe option.
Old 05-19-2019, 03:38 PM
southerncarparts
Supporting Vendor

Originally Posted by CalculatingInfinity
What are the benefits for coupes? This seems to be very focused on convertibles but I see a separate coupe option.
Same, but to less of an extent. The coupe, with top off and windows down will still get a noticeable amount of turbulence.
Old 11-07-2019, 09:08 AM
southerncarparts
Supporting Vendor

Old 12-28-2019, 06:52 AM
southerncarparts
Supporting Vendor

Thank you for the orders!
Old 12-28-2019, 11:17 AM
RocksZC7
Instructor

Received 26 Likes on 23 Posts

I bought the WindjRestrictor for my ‘16 Z06 Vert ... definitely helps with the air buffeting with the top down. Due to how the unit is designed, the driver sees a lot of reflection from the WindRestrictor in the rear view mirror. The reflections are images from the windshield that reflect off the WindRestrictor plastic and reflect back into the rear view mirror. At night, the reflections of oncoming car headlights are reflected in the rear view mirror ... very annoying and at times the driver feels like you are about the get rear ended when there is no car behind you.
If the angle of the WindRestrictor was changed to reflect downward rather than directly back into the rear view mirror, I believe the driving experience would be improved significantly. Please note my WindRestrictor is not illuminated or have a logo ... just clear. Possibly illuminating the plastic to reduce the opaqueness would help solve the reflection issues.
Old 01-29-2020, 08:38 AM
southerncarparts
Supporting Vendor

Finally available! The C7 Corvette WindRestrictor for the convertible and also the coupe, with C7 Logos!

Coupe available here: https://www.southerncarparts.com/c7-...deflector.html

Convertible available here: https://www.southerncarparts.com/cor...ck-p-6404.html

The only Corvette Wind Restrictor in the World that doesn't need to be removed with the top up or down!

Finally!! A sensible solution to the age-old dilemma, do I drop the top of my C7 Corvette while cruising down the highway at 75 mph and decide I will have a conversation less I want to scream. But I keep the top up the sun out and have no fun? While now with the C7 Corvette wind deflector known as a windrestrictor you can absolutely have the best of both worlds. This Corvette when deflector actually keeps the wind out of the cockpit area, we mean to the point that you can actually keep a map sitting on the center console without a blown around (provided you still use a map). You no longer have to worry about the relentless wind as you cruising down the road, oh, if you have long hair no worries this will keep the wind at bay and keep your hair styled just as he left the house.

If you are like me and have a C7 Convertible, you know how much wind can blow through the cabin at highway speeds. My wife really hates it - after spending 30 minutes doing her hair! This C7 Wind Restrictor is really the answer. This piece will remove almost all wind blowing through the cabin at any speed. Bolts in place so there is no drilling required.

The WindRestrictor® brand windscreen for the C7 Corvette (2014-Current) installs using our renowned bracket system which is the most refined, high-quality mounting system on the windscreen market today. Our product is the ONLY product in the market that remains in place once installed, while also requiring no drilling of holes into your brand new Vette.

**NO REMOVAL REQUIRED to put your top up and down!**

A lifetime warranty is included with the product which guarantees that the product will never fade, yellow, peel or cracks like others on the market.

Installation Details:

The wind deflector includes printed instructions which are simple to understand and are written intended for a "Do It Yourself" modification. We also provide a video link with step-by-step explanations. The installation of this wind deflector requires no drilling or permanent modification, unlike the General Motors version which requires that 4 large holes be drilled into your deck lid. Our installation takes anywhere from 10-20 minutes, while the GM deflector requires certified dealer installation.

What makes the WINDRESTRICTOR brand superior?

According to Wind Screen Reviews, Corvette enthusiasts prefer a functional product that complements the Vette’s aggressive body style. The #1 Rated WindRestrictor brand was specifically engineered to answer this call.

The windscreen's dimensions and design were created to reduce the maximum amount of wind turbulence while remaining in place once mounted for ultimate convenience. Our sturdy bracket system was created to allow for a simplistic yet strong installation, unlike others on the market which may rattle or vibrate while driving. The brackets are powder coated to match the beautiful black finish of the panel on which it mounts for a classic, OEM look.

The windscreen itself is more than thirty times stronger than glass and crystal clear to guarantee absolute rear visibility with no glare. Older mesh style Vette nets are a thing of the past! There is no need in worrying any longer if you will be able to see through the windscreen while enjoying your nighttime cruises.

You will notice a significant difference in wind noise which will allow you to love the drive in your convertible even more! You will be able to maintain a more consistent cabin temperature, hear your radio better, and carry on a conversation with a passenger or on the phone without having to raise your voice.

Another distinct feature exclusive to the Wind Restrictor brand is that the windscreen illumination can be used as additional to draw more attention to the rear of your Corvette as you come to a stop. This safety feature is especially helpful to catch the attention of drivers who are following too closely.

Old 06-02-2020, 08:50 AM
southerncarparts
Supporting Vendor

Order yours today!!
Old 06-02-2020, 04:30 PM
Tonylmiller
Race Director

Received 526 Likes on 343 Posts

Originally Posted by RocksZC7
I bought the WindjRestrictor for my ‘16 Z06 Vert ... definitely helps with the air buffeting with the top down. Due to how the unit is designed, the driver sees a lot of reflection from the WindRestrictor in the rear view mirror. The reflections are images from the windshield that reflect off the WindRestrictor plastic and reflect back into the rear view mirror. At night, the reflections of oncoming car headlights are reflected in the rear view mirror ... very annoying and at times the driver feels like you are about the get rear ended when there is no car behind you.
If the angle of the WindRestrictor was changed to reflect downward rather than directly back into the rear view mirror, I believe the driving experience would be improved significantly. Please note my WindRestrictor is not illuminated or have a logo ... just clear. Possibly illuminating the plastic to reduce the opaqueness would help solve the reflection issues.
Yeah I hate those reflections. They are really bad. However , I have kept mine in because it does seem to help with turbulence. Maybe I will remove it using the screws, just to see what difference it makes

Get notified of new replies

To C7 Corvette WindRestrictor Wind Block with Corvette Logos Now Available!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: C7 Corvette WindRestrictor Wind Block with Corvette Logos Now Available!