C7 Z06 Discussion General Z06 Corvette Discussion, LT4 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: GEM Motorsports

1,111 WHP C7 Z06 (Stock short block & heads)

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2018, 09:43 PM
pushc6
Heel & Toe

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by RobGZ06
If this was a 1/4 mile race (regardless if it was all about MPH) then yes obviously the Z needs better rubber/driver whatever.

But in a 1/2 mile? Did the Z just give up on some of the runs? The headlights in a couple of runs just got further and further away lol.

That's why it would be cool to see a 1 mile race between these cars, because we all know the z would walk it.

Just not in the 1/2 mile
The z was on it's bumper at a half mile lol. It was an unprepped airstrip, I'm sure traction with that kind of power is a major issue. Stickier tires and it would have passed it in the half I'm sure.
Old 08-29-2018, 06:32 AM
Z0HS1CK
Race Director

Received 3,201 Likes on 2,144 Posts

Originally Posted by pushc6
The z was on it's bumper at a half mile lol. It was an unprepped airstrip, I'm sure traction with that kind of power is a major issue. Stickier tires and it would have passed it in the half I'm sure.
yes that is all that's confirmed already.

the z has more power, less weight, it "should" freight train this gtr with better tires, maybe a better driver and a prepped track. But you run what you brung. I know the z still won since this is a different type of race.

I'm just saying switch the scenario any other way and the gtr, well this gtr eats this z every time. The 1/4, the 1/2 etc.

that's why I said from the very beginning it would have been cool if somehow they did a 1 mile run. The gtr would get the lead at first for sure but then there would be enough ground for the z to catch up and put a bus length or 2 on the gtr at the end.

it just unfortunate 1/2 mile wasnt enough ground lol
Old 08-29-2018, 10:00 AM
C7&7
Le Mans Master

Received 865 Likes on 601 Posts

Yea anyone that has done 1/2 mile racing knows it's not a drag race. To be honest when I do 1/2 mile racing I prefer to be alone and usually just let the car beside me go ahead. It's a who went faster competition. The question about the 20 inch wheels... The taller the wheel / tire combo the faster trap speed you will see. If you can hook with with a big tall 20 inch combo then you will run higher mph.

I was shocked when I saw this car went 185 with a 3:42 rear end and no nitrous. That just isn't possible with the amount of boost that is lost the moment you stab 5th which you have to use with a 3:42 rear gear. 176 is way more believable and still very respectable.
Old 08-31-2018, 07:21 PM
nch209
Burning Brakes

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts

I came to this thread to see what Fran built, and its a stunner.

Then I made the mistake of reading on, and got a laugh or two. Made it half way though, and my head hurts. Holy-O-Mooooolllllyyyyy I need a break from reading forum nonsense.

Fran, nice build, but me--- I will catch up with your vids... reading the nonsense here is making mes muches dumbiers and mores stoupid.

Now I am wondering who would win a football game IF it was based on a team scoring first, or maybe a baseball game if we picked the winner after 5 innings, or hell, a roadrace after 8 laps instead of 15! LETS DEBATE ALL OF THAT INSTEAD OF THE ESTABLISHED RULES!!!
Old 08-31-2018, 07:44 PM
Warp Factor
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,817 Likes on 1,085 Posts

Originally Posted by nch209
I came to this thread to see what Fran built, and its a stunner.

Then I made the mistake of reading on, and got a laugh or two. Made it half way though, and my head hurts. Holy-O-Mooooolllllyyyyy I need a break from reading forum nonsense.

Fran, nice build, but me--- I will catch up with your vids... reading the nonsense here is making mes muches dumbiers and mores stoupid.

Now I am wondering who would win a football game IF it was based on a team scoring first, or maybe a baseball game if we picked the winner after 5 innings, or hell, a roadrace after 8 laps instead of 15! LETS DEBATE ALL OF THAT INSTEAD OF THE ESTABLISHED RULES!!!

Old 08-31-2018, 07:49 PM
Z0HS1CK
Race Director

Received 3,201 Likes on 2,144 Posts

Originally Posted by C7&7
Yea anyone that has done 1/2 mile racing knows it's not a drag race. To be honest when I do 1/2 mile racing I prefer to be alone and usually just let the car beside me go ahead. It's a who went faster competition. The question about the 20 inch wheels... The taller the wheel / tire combo the faster trap speed you will see. If you can hook with with a big tall 20 inch combo then you will run higher mph.

I was shocked when I saw this car went 185 with a 3:42 rear end and no nitrous. That just isn't possible with the amount of boost that is lost the moment you stab 5th which you have to use with a 3:42 rear gear. 176 is way more believable and still very respectable.
I agree.

But technically it could also be to completed the 1/2 mile faster. In which the GTR wins clearly. They just give the award to the highest MPH car
Old 08-31-2018, 10:08 PM
acz06
Racer

Received 21 Likes on 14 Posts

Screw the post part if the race.. will the lt4 hold up!!??!!??.. I am finishing port in injection in the next week or so.. and just wondering how much the bottom end can handle??..

Quick Reply: 1,111 WHP C7 Z06 (Stock short block & heads)