C7 Z06 Discussion General Z06 Corvette Discussion, LT4 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: GEM Motorsports

Tire Damged / repair

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2018, 12:28 PM
thunderhound@53
Instructor

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Nails Damaged

Last edited by thunderhound@53; 01-23-2020 at 04:54 PM.
Old 09-02-2018, 04:57 PM
Bill Dearborn
Tech Contributor

Received 8,919 Likes on 5,328 Posts

The one may be too close to the edge for repair. Center puncture shouldn't be a problem repairing. Last picture I don't really see where there was a puncture.

Bill
Old 09-02-2018, 06:47 PM
Oneslackr
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 225 Likes on 167 Posts

Originally Posted by thunderhound@53
Can this be repair, or have to be replace? This is what happened when *** hole are jealous of what you have and political indifferences placed 5 ******* screws underneath my tires while shopping in Lowe's, I removed 3 that barely imbedded in the tires sideway but the other two puncture all the way into the tires as you can see on the photo, I am asking Lowes to provide me with the parking lots videos records to see who responsible for this bull ****, must not like my Trump hat and or sticker on my vehicle 😩🖕

That really sucks. Too bad you didn't catch them doing it. Hopefully, your tire can be repaired. Just because some jerk disagrees with your point of view and/or is jealous doesn't give them the right to vandalize your car.
Old 09-02-2018, 06:50 PM
AZGASSER
Drifting

Received 289 Likes on 211 Posts

I had a framing nail in mine. Not repairable due to the size of the hole. I would rather trust a new tire at high speeds than a repaired on. Multiple holes are not worth the risk.
Old 09-02-2018, 07:40 PM
dmaxx3500
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,183 Likes on 748 Posts

yes those can be repaired ,,you need ''PATCH-PLUGS'',

but if your fixing 2-4 in any tire,its best to buy new tires,and sue LOWES
Old 09-03-2018, 09:18 AM
AORoads
Team Owner

Received 2,478 Likes on 1,941 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15
"In honor of jpee"

Thank you for your services and defending the right to choose, I myself also served 21+ years to this great nation, from Vietnam to the Persian Gulf so people like this individual can excesise his or her 1st Ammendments, I want him to know that it does not come cheap, my challenge to this individual is that, please take a trip to the Arlington National Cemertery or his states Veterans Cemerteries and get a first hand look at what it’s cost to be free and to express one view without being persecuted or chastised for express freedom of expression. I do not have hate left in me, my tears ducts are all dried up, I have shed them all for the 57+ thousands of my brothers in Vietnam War for the ultimate sacrifice for our freedom, just remember when you are safe and snuggle in your comfortable bed tonight, there is some one out there 24/7 put his/her life on the line to defend your right to pursue the American dreams, Liberty and Happiness.

God Bless America and Our Armed Forces

Semper Fi,
How does anyone argue with this post above? It doesn't matter if you're a pacifist, didn't like any war, or whatever else---this fellow "stepped up"---that counts for something. And chicken/cowardly acts of placing nails under tires---I think we can all agree---should not be condoned, accepted or blamed on the OP. C'mon!!!!
The following 3 users liked this post by AORoads:
badhabit_wb (09-10-2018), nmerhaut (09-10-2018), thunderhound@53 (09-03-2018)
Old 09-03-2018, 10:13 AM
MontanaBob
Instructor

Received 62 Likes on 37 Posts

My sincere thanks to all who serve or have served this great country in any capacity.

To this day, I regret not having served. Today, I do all that I can to support our veterans. It's the least that I can do.

All Americans have a duty to appreciate and support those who protect us, whether overseas or in our neighborhoods!

Montana Bob

Last edited by MontanaBob; 09-03-2018 at 10:17 AM.
The following users liked this post:
tertiumquid (09-03-2018)
Old 09-03-2018, 11:18 AM
tertiumquid
Burning Brakes

Received 637 Likes on 375 Posts

Originally Posted by MontanaBob
My sincere thanks to all who serve or have served this great country in any capacity.

To this day, I regret not having served. Today, I do all that I can to support our veterans. It's the least that I can do.

All Americans have a duty to appreciate and support those who protect us, whether overseas or in our neighborhoods!

Montana Bob
It's both disturbing and infuriating that some people have to get political about damned near everything. The idiot that trashed the tires probably thinks he did something funny or felt they were within in their rights to protest. Somebody else who implies it was his fault for putting a sticker on it is just another form of idiot.These children, who can be of any age, up to geriatric, simply have no conception of the sacrifice of others, (including some people overseas in foreign countries) that ensure their rights to act like jerks. But, that doesn't extend to damage to anther person or their property. God help this country if these kind of cowards are ever needed to defend us and risk their precious video game time to actually do something important or, indeed, of dire necessity. Were it not for the United States rescuing Europe and Asia in WW1 and WW2, the world would be a very unpleasant place today. Unfortunately, none of that is taught anymore. Somewhere ahead there will be a day of reckoning.
The following 4 users liked this post by tertiumquid:
badhabit_wb (09-10-2018), MontanaBob (09-03-2018), nmerhaut (09-10-2018), thunderhound@53 (09-03-2018)
Old 09-03-2018, 11:54 AM
MontanaBob
Instructor

Received 62 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by tertiumquid
It's both disturbing and infuriating that some people have to get political about damned near everything. The idiot that trashed the tires probably thinks he did something funny or felt they were within in their rights to protest. Somebody else who implies it was his fault for putting a sticker on it is just another form of idiot.These children, who can be of any age, up to geriatric, simply have no conception of the sacrifice of others, (including some people overseas in foreign countries) that ensure their rights to act like jerks. But, that doesn't extend to damage to anther person or their property. God help this country if these kind of cowards are ever needed to defend us and risk their precious video game time to actually do something important or, indeed, of dire necessity. Were it not for the United States rescuing Europe and Asia in WW1 and WW2, the world would be a very unpleasant place today. Unfortunately, none of that is taught anymore. Somewhere ahead there will be a day of reckoning.
Amen!

Montana Bob
thunderhound@53 (09-03-2018)
Old 09-10-2018, 06:21 PM
Gvnski
Racer

Received 66 Likes on 48 Posts

How the f#&$ did that nail get in that exact position to the job, this is how you destroyed an expensive high performance run flat tires. The a**hole (s) must have known I have run flat tire on my vehicle and used the longest nail to do the job..�� Here’s the new Michelin Pilot Sport Cup ZP, cost $487.65 installed, balanced and relearned the tires, Discount Tires did fantastic job, they even cleaned my other tires,wheel and applied black shine on all of the tires��
[/QUOTE]

So what you are saying is that as stickie as all our C7 tires are that this had to be an intentional infliction of pain on you either because you are so well off or you have a "stupid" bumper sticker? You need to make an official announcement to the C7 Forum that all the nails/screws C7 drivers have gotten in their tires have NOT been accidental! It's all either jealous people or liberals doing this to our tires! Certainly it is not possible that in a LOWES parking lot there would be nails/screws laying around that had fallen off someone's work truck! It just had to be this a##hole that had a grudge against you and all C7 drivers! "NOT My Fault". By the way I'm Retired Army been to Viet Nam and Arlington. Thanks.
pjazz (09-11-2018)
Old 09-10-2018, 07:03 PM
Thomasmoto
Race Director

Received 1,504 Likes on 1,026 Posts

thunderhound sir I can not thank you enough for your service to our great country.

And I get smart azz comments all the time about my sponsors decals on my car and Heaven help I use a HC parking spot because I have a bad left leg and a worse right knee. Even though I have my HC placard hanging on my rearview they automatically think I'm just parking there to keep my car from being hit or something.
And vandalism of any kind is not defendable under any circumstances. Maybe Lowe's will step up and provide the needed video and maybe cover it for you anyway.
Best wishes for you.
Old 09-10-2018, 07:06 PM
Oneslackr
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 225 Likes on 167 Posts

Originally Posted by Gvnski
So what you are saying is that as stickie as all our C7 tires are that this had to be an intentional infliction of pain on you either because you are so well off or you have a "stupid" bumper sticker? You need to make an official announcement to the C7 Forum that all the nails/screws C7 drivers have gotten in their tires have NOT been accidental! It's all either jealous people or liberals doing this to our tires! Certainly it is not possible that in a LOWES parking lot there would be nails/screws laying around that had fallen off someone's work truck! It just had to be this a##hole that had a grudge against you and all C7 drivers! "NOT My Fault". By the way I'm Retired Army been to Viet Nam and Arlington. Thanks.
Why are you so quick to dismiss his story? Haven't you ever had a car vandalized? Some jerk off egged my C5 Vette back in the day & even though there were cars parked on either side of me neither of those cars had any egg on them. They made sure the eggs only hit the back end/hatch area so I wouldn't notice it right away. By the time I did the eggs had dried on the car & messed the paint up a bit.

Also years ago on two separate occasions, once in Dallas & once in Houston, some jerks decided to vandalize my Tundra shortly after I bought it. They vandalized a Toyota! Not a Range Rover, Porsche, Benz, BMW etc...but a damn Toyota for no reason whatsoever.. During a business trip in Dallas I came out of the hotel one morning to find that someone had keyed the entire passenger side of my truck, from the headlight to the taillight, in the hotel parking lot. Then the following year during another business trip, this time to Houston, some *** clown keyed the crap out of my tailgate & I ended up having to spend $400 to have it repainted. So I really don't doubt the OP's story or that someone targeted his Z06.

Last edited by Oneslackr; 09-10-2018 at 07:09 PM.
Old 09-10-2018, 07:14 PM
Gvnski
Racer

Received 66 Likes on 48 Posts

Originally Posted by Oneslackr
Why are you so quick to dismiss his story? Haven't you ever had a car vandalized? Some jerk off egged my C5 Vette back in the day & even though there were cars parked on either side of me neither of those cars had any egg on them. They made sure the eggs only hit the back end/hatch area so I wouldn't notice it right away. By the time I did the eggs had dried on the car & messed the paint up a bit.

Also years ago on two separate occasions, once in Dallas & once in Houston, some jerks decided to vandalize my Tundra shortly after I bought it. They vandalized a Toyota! Not a Range Rover, Porsche, Benz, BMW etc...but a damn Toyota for no reason whatsoever.. During a business trip in Dallas I came out of the hotel one morning to find that someone had keyed the entire passenger side of my truck, from the headlight to the taillight, in the hotel parking lot. Then the following year during another business trip, this time to Houston, some *** clown keyed the crap out of my tailgate & I ended up having to spend $400 to have it repainted. So I really don't doubt the OP's story or that someone targeted his Z06.
Quick? This is the 31st post in this thread and 90% are blaming some A##hole without a thread of evidence! That sounds "QUICK" to me! Get the videos/evidence then post. This is not "Keyed" but nails/screws in a LOWES parking lot.

Last edited by Gvnski; 09-10-2018 at 07:17 PM.
Old 09-10-2018, 07:54 PM
badhabit_wb
Safety Car

Received 911 Likes on 727 Posts

People do stupid things every day. I stopped to get a burger a few weeks back and saw 2 kids, probably late teens, walking across the parking lot towards my car. The first one ran his finger down the length of my car and the second one spit on the passenger side window. Thankfully it didn't do any damage to the car. Sorry you had this happen to your car. Thank you for your service.
Old 09-10-2018, 07:58 PM
trevor90
Pro

Received 120 Likes on 85 Posts

how does OP even know it was because of his trump gear? give me a break.
Old 09-10-2018, 10:12 PM
X25
Sr.Random input generator
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,465 Likes on 1,022 Posts

Whatever happened, intentional or not, we have no idea why it happened. The act of fabricating this whole hate crime message, in my opinion, is a bigger crime than the actual event.

These assumptions are what brought our country to here...
Old 09-10-2018, 10:12 PM
trevor90
Pro

how about we just not involve politics into a nail in a tire thread?
The following 3 users liked this post by trevor90:
mjross (09-18-2018), Steve Garrett (09-17-2018), X25 (09-10-2018)

Get notified of new replies

To Tire Damged / repair

Old 09-10-2018, 10:13 PM
trevor90
Pro

Originally Posted by tertiumquid
For those of you that think it's ridiculous to assume Trump haters were probably involved, how about we do a challenge, especially for those of you that live in liberal bastions like the North East, Chicagoland and the West Coast?
Put a Trump sticker on your Vette for a few weeks and park it in public places. Let the rest of us know how it works out for you.

lol, if anyone were to put a nail in your tire it's because of those rims.
Old 09-11-2018, 07:13 PM
tertiumquid
Burning Brakes

Received 637 Likes on 375 Posts

Thank you.
You're welcome, brother. I know of what you speak regarding Vietnam (USAF 68-74) and the scars that wars produce. And to all of you on this thread who have served, God bless you.
Old 09-11-2018, 07:49 PM
pjazz
Melting Slicks

Received 161 Likes on 124 Posts
2020 Corvette of the Year Finalist (performance mods)
C6 of Year Winner (performance mods) 2019

You stated that people are getting to personal on this forum but you started a thread stating someone who doesn't like Trump vandalized your car. Insulting many on this forum who might not like Trump but would never stoop to vandalizam. I appreciate your sacrifice but you're wrong.

Last edited by pjazz; 09-11-2018 at 08:07 PM.
Gvnski (09-12-2018)

Quick Reply: Tire Damged / repair