C7 Z06 Discussion General Z06 Corvette Discussion, LT4 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: GEM Motorsports

I solved that heating / pulling timing problem

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2018, 03:21 PM
siglite
Advanced

Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by rikhek
What a truly idiotic thread. Has NO redeeming value and displays the "intellect", or lack thereof, of some individuals. The stupidity displayed on so may levels and topics is stunning and mesmerizing.
And your contribution will surely cure cancer. And heat issues. The world thanks you.
Old 09-06-2018, 03:22 PM
siglite
Advanced

Originally Posted by Warp Factor
Did you ever have the supercharger coolant system properly vacuum bled?
No. Well, maybe. No clue really. When I complained to my dealer they "looked at things" and "did some stuff." But I didn't pay attention to the line-items on the invoice. *shrug*
Old 09-06-2018, 03:46 PM
rikhek
Safety Car

Received 860 Likes on 393 Posts

Originally Posted by siglite
And your contribution will surely cure cancer. And heat issues. The world thanks you.
LOL. I love it when somebody makes my case for me. You sold your car. Fine. Move on instead of trolling on...
Old 09-06-2018, 06:03 PM
Oneslackr
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 225 Likes on 167 Posts

I'm pretty sure I just pulled the trigger on one a year too early. That, and being enamored with flappy paddles, seems to have really bitten me.

I know these cars are fast as hell. When mine ran, it was ridiculous. I really wish like hell it had given me that performance all the time. For those of you who are NOT having this issue, GOOD! The car is unreal. Truly. Drive the damned wheels off of it.
They're fast but I will eventually make mine faster, whether I really need to or not. Hopefully, I won't run into issues with the car but time will tell. At the rate I'm going I probably won't have any problems since I don't even have time to drive it. It's difficult to find issues with it or for the car to develop any problems if it just sits there. Lol

Edit: For a really long time I was a sig guy. I've since moved on to FN.
I've never been a Sig fan. I've always preferred HKs. I've never owned an FN either but I would like to buy an FN 5.7 .
Old 09-07-2018, 02:19 AM
chuntington101
Melting Slicks

Received 113 Likes on 100 Posts

Originally Posted by rikhek
What a truly idiotic thread. Has NO redeeming value and displays the "intellect", or lack thereof, of some individuals. The stupidity displayed on so may levels and topics is stunning and mesmerizing.
I agree! I just want to know what car he bought in place of the Z06! Lets have a decent comparison between the cars and not a stupid argument with only half the info.
Old 09-07-2018, 09:04 AM
chuntington101
Melting Slicks

If you are a real track nut and want the fastest car you should get your name down for one of these:

https://www.pistonheads.com/gassing/...=1745946&i=120

supprisiny cheap when you consider what you are getting for your money.
The following 3 users liked this post by chuntington101:
Mikec7z (09-07-2018), Oneslackr (09-07-2018), siglite (09-07-2018)
Old 09-07-2018, 10:40 AM
Mikec7z
Melting Slicks

Received 647 Likes on 510 Posts

Originally Posted by chuntington101
If you are a real track nut and want the fastest car you should get your name down for one of these:

add turn signals and headlights and backup lights to that, and i think it is possible to register it in the usa for the street in some states.

I need to make some more money this year

Last edited by Mikec7z; 09-07-2018 at 10:40 AM.
Old 09-07-2018, 11:22 AM
siglite
Advanced

I didn't see a pricetag in there, but .... something tells me that may be a little expensive. Also, I'm more of a track/street nut than a pure track nut, or I'd probably have split my car into two pieces. Those pieces being a track toy and a tow rig for the track toy.
Old 09-07-2018, 11:24 AM
siglite
Advanced

I agree! I just want to know what car he bought in place of the Z06! Lets have a decent comparison between the cars and not a stupid argument with only half the info.
If you wanna know that bad, show up at the PCA HPDE thing at Mid O early next month.

What I bought in place of the C7Z, in my mind, is irrelevant to this conversation. Because, the point would be, MY C7Z was broke. By design.
Old 09-07-2018, 12:32 PM
Mikec7z
Melting Slicks

I agree there is a problem with the cars.

But i believe the problem could have been solved for HALF the cost that you spent to downgrade in vehicles. Even at 5 grand for a Gspeed system, you would be at least 5 grand ahead of where you put yourself now... and realistically, you probably just cost yourself 20 grand.

First we have the depreciated value of the c7z, and the number you sold it at. Had you kept the car for another year or 2, the rate of depreciation would not have been much further compared to what youve already experienced.

Then you have tax/tag/title/dealer fees/etc of what ever it was that you bought in its place.

You will still have the new vehicle's initial depreciation, which again, is the largest rate of depreciation a vehicle experiences.

Plus you still have to put brakes on it.

And the final outcome, you are in a slower car.

Meanwhile, calculate what a used Gspeed cooled car would go for in a year or 2... compare those 2 final bottom lines.

You may have "solved" the problem, but your solution was among the worst of many options available to you.

You probably just cost yourself 15-20g in extra money lost, VS just getting a cooling kit for your car and paying 5 grand.

Last edited by Mikec7z; 09-07-2018 at 01:02 PM.
The following 2 users liked this post by Mikec7z:
JHEBERT (09-07-2018), Mike.D (09-08-2018)
Old 09-07-2018, 12:43 PM
Warp Factor
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,817 Likes on 1,085 Posts

Originally Posted by Mikec7z
You may have "solved" the problem, but your solution was among the worst of many options available to you.
Agreed

Old 09-07-2018, 01:05 PM
siglite
Advanced

I agree there is a problem with the cars.

But i believe the problem could have been solved for HALF the cost that you spent to downgrade in vehicles. Even at 5 grand for a Gspeed system, you would be at least 5 grand ahead of where you put yourself now... and realistically, you probably just cost yourself 20 grand.

First we have the depreciated value of the c7z, and the number you sold it at. Had you kept the car for another year or 2, the rate of depreciation would not have been much further compared to what youve already experienced.

Then you have tax/tag/title of what ever it was that you bought in its place.

You will still have the new vehicle's initial depreciation, which again, is the largest rate of depreciation a vehicle experiences.

Plus you still have to put brakes on it.

And the final outcome, you are in a slower car.

Meanwhile, calculate what a used Gspeed cooled car would go for in a year or 2... compare those 2 final bottom lines.

You probably just cost yourself 15-20g in extra money lost, VS just getting a cooling kit for your car and paying 5 grand.
Well, "best" is a little subjective, isn't it? I mean, it's possible that the new german thing's driving experience is far superior in every single aspect except straightline gofast. But I must admit, that is a 100% subjective measure. The new german thing stacks up ok against the Z pretty well in obective measures, with the exception of power.

Like an analysis of the word "best," my comparison is highly subjective, and may be completely disregarded for any reason. That's kind of why for purposes of this thread, exactly what I'm driving doesn't matter. To me, it's a better car.

Subjective.

Unprovable.

Now, if we shift the context of the word "best" in your analysis to be purely fiscal, well, ya got me. It absolutely would have been cheaper to shoehorn a "fix" into my broken supercar.

But to play the fiscal line in a ZO6 forum, is going to ring as absurd. Exactly NOTHING about these cars (or my replacement) is fiscally responsible.

If it were about that, we'd all be driving Corollas and dumping 90+ thousand dollars into sound, well-researched investments.
Old 09-07-2018, 01:11 PM
Mikec7z
Melting Slicks

if you like the way the german car handles better, then sure, im not arguing. Buy what makes you happy.

Im just saying, from a bank account standpoint, there were better options if the overheating was your ONLY problem with the c7z.

Last edited by Mikec7z; 09-07-2018 at 10:22 PM.
Old 09-07-2018, 01:38 PM
BladeZ06
Instructor

Received 60 Likes on 50 Posts

If you wanna know that bad, show up at the PCA HPDE thing at Mid O early next month.

What I bought in place of the C7Z, in my mind, is irrelevant to this conversation. Because, the point would be, MY C7Z was broke. By design.
Why not share what you bought? I know I would like to know. For many the Z06 is considered a great "bang for the buck car". I would love to know what is an equivalent alternative without the issues you had.

Last edited by BladeZ06; 09-07-2018 at 01:40 PM.
Old 09-07-2018, 01:43 PM
siglite
Advanced

if you like the way the german car handles better, then sure, im not arguing. Buy what makes you happy.

Im just saying form a bank account standpoint, there were better options if the overheating was your ONLY problem with the c7z.
I cannot, and will not argue with that. You're 100% correct.
Old 09-07-2018, 01:48 PM
siglite
Advanced

Originally Posted by BladeZ06
Why not share what you bought? I know I would like to know. For many the Z06 is considered a great "bang for the buck car". I would love to know what is an equivalent alternative without the issues you had.
I consider it irrelevant. And, lord knows the internets are full of comparisons, all at your fingertips.

Though, subjective driving experience is definitely a real thing. But it's just that. Subjective. And I'm no authority on these things. So even my subjective experience is truly worthless to you or anyone else reading this.
Old 09-07-2018, 03:30 PM
Warp Factor
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,817 Likes on 1,085 Posts

Well, "best" is a little subjective, isn't it? I mean, it's possible that the new german thing's driving experience is far superior in every single aspect except straightline gofast. But I must admit, that is a 100% subjective measure. The new german thing stacks up ok against the Z pretty well in obective measures, with the exception of power.

Like an analysis of the word "best," my comparison is highly subjective, and may be completely disregarded for any reason. That's kind of why for purposes of this thread, exactly what I'm driving doesn't matter. To me, it's a better car.

Subjective.

Unprovable.

Now, if we shift the context of the word "best" in your analysis to be purely fiscal, well, ya got me. It absolutely would have been cheaper to shoehorn a "fix" into my broken supercar.

But to play the fiscal line in a ZO6 forum, is going to ring as absurd. Exactly NOTHING about these cars (or my replacement) is fiscally responsible.

If it were about that, we'd all be driving Corollas and dumping 90+ thousand dollars into sound, well-researched investments.
Depends on whether you want to race or not. Miatas are really capable track cars, so why did you spend so much more on a BMW?

Get notified of new replies

To I solved that heating / pulling timing problem

Old 09-07-2018, 03:33 PM
chuntington101
Melting Slicks

I didn't see a pricetag in there, but .... something tells me that may be a little expensive. Also, I'm more of a track/street nut than a pure track nut, or I'd probably have split my car into two pieces. Those pieces being a track toy and a tow rig for the track toy.
£350,000 so about $460,000! Not bad for a car that probably cost $5million to make first time around! Almost seems a bargin! Lol
The following users liked this post:
Mikec7z (09-07-2018)
Old 09-07-2018, 06:11 PM
siglite
Advanced

Originally Posted by Warp Factor
Depends on whether you want to race or not. Miatas are really capable track cars, so why did you spend so much more on a BMW?
People just can't help but make assumptions that fit their worldview, huh?

Old 09-07-2018, 06:12 PM
siglite
Advanced

£350,000 so about $460,000! Not bad for a car that probably cost $5million to make first time around! Almost seems a bargin! Lol

lol, Bargain!

Probably would truly be amazing to drive tho.

Quick Reply: I solved that heating / pulling timing problem