Notices
C7 Z06 Discussion General Z06 Corvette Discussion, LT4 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LT5 (OE 2650) Blower pricing?

 
Old 09-16-2018, 12:01 PM
  #1  
atljar
CF Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
Member Since: Jul 2006
Location: Mason Ohio
Posts: 1,383
Received 122 Likes on 105 Posts
Default LT5 (OE 2650) Blower pricing?

Does anyone have the part number to the TVS2650 off the LT5 / Investigated the swap onto a LT4?? Do we know if the port spacing / bolt spacing is the same to the head?

IF you are wanting a bigger blower, and are planning on doing port injection, this may be a cheaper route even including hood costs??


I keep checking the big online parts houses and none of them will decode a ZR1 vin yet for me to lookup parts

Last edited by atljar; 09-16-2018 at 12:02 PM.
atljar is offline  
Old 09-16-2018, 12:27 PM
  #2  
saleen556
CF Senior Member
 
saleen556's Avatar
 
Member Since: May 2010
Posts: 2,181
Received 528 Likes on 376 Posts
Default

Why not just go with the Whipple 2.9? Fits under the stock hood with only a bit of modification to the cowl. More room to grow and probably not much more.
saleen556 is offline  
The following users liked this post:
Thomasmoto (09-17-2018)
Old 09-16-2018, 12:59 PM
  #3  
3 Z06ZR1
CF Senior Member
 
Member Since: Mar 2005
Location: salem OR
Posts: 20,942
Received 849 Likes on 704 Posts
Default

IMO The best bet and add on blower for the Lt4 is the 2300 Maggy. A bargain for what you get plus lighter weight and runs cooler than the stock 1.7. Lot of members are going to the 2300. It you want to take advantage of the higher output of the 2.65 the build costs go way way up! All builds need headers and a Good hi flow intake to support any increase in blower size . You need low side fuel support. A new hood if your going to the GM's 2.65 on the ZR1.
Edelbrock has one just out you cut the hood but the Edelbrock blowers are not known to be great performers. So I would wait for results from others on it.

Last edited by 3 Z06ZR1; 09-16-2018 at 12:59 PM.
3 Z06ZR1 is offline  
Old 09-16-2018, 01:08 PM
  #4  
0Deity.Motorsports
Former Vendor
 
Member Since: Sep 2016
Location: Westminster California
Posts: 2,557
Received 302 Likes on 215 Posts
Default

Stay tuned. Crawford Racing should be done with a plug and play GM LT5 2650 blower kit. Port injection and all. Iíll let him chimed in on the progress. We chat often and Iím exticed for one on my own car.

My 25mm raised cowl hood and C7RR bumper will take Iíll advantage of ZR1 cooling and blower, even most aftermarket coolers will work too.
m
Deity.Motorsports is offline  
The following 2 users liked this post by Deity.Motorsports:
andreas g. (05-08-2019), Mikec7z (04-16-2019)
Old 09-16-2018, 01:22 PM
  #5  
Kevin Parent
CF Senior Member
 
Member Since: May 2016
Location: Rochester Hills, MI
Posts: 177
Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
Default

The LT5 blower is roughly 75mm higher than the LT4 blower in car position. Is that enough cowl to clear?
Kevin Parent is offline  
Old 09-16-2018, 01:55 PM
  #6  
0Deity.Motorsports
Former Vendor
 
Member Since: Sep 2016
Location: Westminster California
Posts: 2,557
Received 302 Likes on 215 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Kevin Parent View Post
The LT5 blower is roughly 75mm higher than the LT4 blower in car position. Is that enough cowl to clear?
that maybe true but stock LT4 blower is well below the hood. Physically, the ZR1 hood and Z06 hood are about 25mm different. I measured the top of the LT4 blower and got about 75+mm of room with my hood.

I have not put my car and Zr1 hood side by side in person; but from pictures, they look to be about the same.
Deity.Motorsports is offline  
Old 09-16-2018, 01:56 PM
  #7  
Crawford-Racing.com
Supporting Vendor
 
Crawford-Racing.com's Avatar
 
Member Since: Dec 2017
Location: Garner North Carolina
Posts: 133
Received 59 Likes on 34 Posts
Default

Yes we have been working on this swap for a while now. We have recently gotten over the largest hurdle with the electronic bypass valve, and will be able to release everything soon.
Full electronic boost control with closed loop wideband port injection and flex fuel capabilities. All bolt on and plug and play.
Crawford-Racing.com is offline  
The following 9 users liked this post by Crawford-Racing.com:
badhabit_wb (05-05-2019), C5-VERT (05-06-2019), Fastmikefree (05-13-2019), Harbgrogan (09-19-2018), JHEBERT (09-17-2018), Mikec7z (04-16-2019), RobGZ06 (09-16-2018), Satanspawn (05-06-2019), timmyZ06 (10-05-2018)
Old 09-16-2018, 02:20 PM
  #8  
chuntington101
CF Senior Member
 
Member Since: Sep 2004
Posts: 2,872
Received 61 Likes on 56 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by 3 Z06ZR1 View Post
IMO The best bet and add on blower for the Lt4 is the 2300 Maggy. A bargain for what you get plus lighter weight and runs cooler than the stock 1.7. Lot of members are going to the 2300. It you want to take advantage of the higher output of the 2.65 the build costs go way way up! All builds need headers and a Good hi flow intake to support any increase in blower size . You need low side fuel support. A new hood if your going to the GM's 2.65 on the ZR1.
Edelbrock has one just out you cut the hood but the Edelbrock blowers are not known to be great performers. So I would wait for results from others on it.
appricate your opinion but there is a reason GM, Dodge, Ford (tbc) went with the 2650 over the 2300 for their flagship models this time around!. Plus Iím sure the aftermarket will come up with even better packages 2650s soon!

However it would be great to see some back to back testing of the 1740, 2300 and 2650!
chuntington101 is offline  
The following users liked this post:
Earl H (09-16-2018)
Old 09-16-2018, 02:23 PM
  #9  
chuntington101
CF Senior Member
 
Member Since: Sep 2004
Posts: 2,872
Received 61 Likes on 56 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Crawford-Racing.com View Post
Yes we have been working on this swap for a while now. We have recently gotten over the largest hurdle with the electronic bypass valve, and will be able to release everything soon.
Full electronic boost control with closed loop wideband port injection and flex fuel capabilities. All bolt on and plug and play.
sound like you guys have a really nice product on the horizon! Will the electric bypass valve allow proper rpm based boost control? Will be nice to see a stupid flat torque curve all the way to the red line!
chuntington101 is offline  
The following users liked this post:
Mikec7z (04-16-2019)
Old 09-16-2018, 02:56 PM
  #10  
3 Z06ZR1
CF Senior Member
 
Member Since: Mar 2005
Location: salem OR
Posts: 20,942
Received 849 Likes on 704 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by chuntington101 View Post


appricate your opinion but there is a reason GM, Dodge, Ford (tbc) went with the 2650 over the 2300 for their flagship models this time around!. Plus I’m sure the aftermarket will come up with even better packages 2650s soon!

However it would be great to see some back to back testing of the 1740, 2300 and 2650!

Thanks for your opinion as well! We know the reason it is packaging! Exactly why GM used the 1.7 on the Z06 it fit under the hood! Lt4 needed less blower than the ls9 because it has the 10-1 vs 9-1 . GM had to remake the front to use the 2.65 on the Corvette ZR1.

Dodge nor Ford have a comparable sports cars to the Corvette. If I had a Demon or Stang! I would take the 2650 over the 2300 all day.
More room under the hood.

It is the package and the additional requirements of the 2650 that make the 2300 a great choice for the Z06.

Big goals 2650 lots of cash! Want still great power but not needing as much as the 2650 less cash out lay easy install 2300 all day.

The 2650 is a better choice if your shooting for over 825 rwhp and more understand the additional 1000's for the low side and hood change or cutting the hood.
Then at that level how about a clutch and the endless chain of stock parts no longer adequate. Chasing HP dreams! The 2300 is easy 675- 800 rwhp range a lot of power for less cash outlay!

Last edited by 3 Z06ZR1; 09-16-2018 at 03:01 PM.
3 Z06ZR1 is offline  
Old 09-16-2018, 02:57 PM
  #11  
Kevin Parent
CF Senior Member
 
Member Since: May 2016
Location: Rochester Hills, MI
Posts: 177
Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
Default

I just measured the data. The LT5 blower is into the Z06 hood inr by 51mm at the front edge of the blower at centerline of car. Where did the 25mm of extra height number come from?




Originally Posted by Deity.Motorsports View Post


that maybe true but stock LT4 blower is well below the hood. Physically, the ZR1 hood and Z06 hood are about 25mm different. I measured the top of the LT4 blower and got about 75+mm of room with my hood.

I have not put my car and Zr1 hood side by side in person; but from pictures, they look to be about the same.

Last edited by Kevin Parent; 09-16-2018 at 02:59 PM.
Kevin Parent is offline  
Old 09-16-2018, 03:10 PM
  #12  
0Deity.Motorsports
Former Vendor
 
Member Since: Sep 2016
Location: Westminster California
Posts: 2,557
Received 302 Likes on 215 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Kevin Parent View Post
I just measured the data. The LT5 blower is into the Z06 hood inr by 51mm at the front edge of the blower at centerline of car. Where did the 25mm of extra height number come from?
I see, I just measured from my own LT4 blower to the top of my raised cowl hood.

We will find out soon enough. Maybe I can do the same blower cover style like the ZR1. Though that will add even more height.

Without the carbon blower cover, the LT5 2650 has a good chance to fit under.
Deity.Motorsports is offline  
Old 09-16-2018, 03:17 PM
  #13  
3 Z06ZR1
CF Senior Member
 
Member Since: Mar 2005
Location: salem OR
Posts: 20,942
Received 849 Likes on 704 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Deity.Motorsports View Post


I see, I just measured from my own LT4 blower to the top of my raised cowl hood.

We will find out soon enough. Maybe I can do the same blower cover style like the ZR1. Though that will add even more height.

Without the carbon blower cover, the LT5 2650 has a good chance to fit under.
The 2650 needs the height but way forward and a large area as well under the hood here is a shot of the two. I can get the price of the GM 2.65 tomorrow! You would need a hood.
Then maybe the port injection from Crawford as well!


Last edited by 3 Z06ZR1; 09-16-2018 at 03:19 PM.
3 Z06ZR1 is offline  
Old 09-16-2018, 03:21 PM
  #14  
Kevin Parent
CF Senior Member
 
Member Since: May 2016
Location: Rochester Hills, MI
Posts: 177
Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
Default

I'm really frustrated myself. I have the stock blower with all the other mods, cam heads, pulley's, exhaust, cooling. Was hoping for the big Whipple to come out for our cars. Now I'm not sure what to do? Looking to get to 800-850 whp with an A8.
Kevin Parent is offline  
Old 09-16-2018, 03:22 PM
  #15  
Kevin Parent
CF Senior Member
 
Member Since: May 2016
Location: Rochester Hills, MI
Posts: 177
Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
Default

The front face of the blower cover moved 130mm forward in car with the LT5.



Originally Posted by 3 Z06ZR1 View Post
The 2650 needs the height but way forward and a large area as well under the hood here is a shot of the two. I can get the price of the GM 2.65 tomorrow! You would need a hood.
Then maybe the port injection from Crawford as well!

Kevin Parent is offline  
Old 09-16-2018, 03:57 PM
  #16  
Kevin Parent
CF Senior Member
 
Member Since: May 2016
Location: Rochester Hills, MI
Posts: 177
Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
Default

Does anyone make a raised cowl hood for the Z06?
Kevin Parent is offline  
Old 09-16-2018, 04:12 PM
  #17  
0Deity.Motorsports
Former Vendor
 
Member Since: Sep 2016
Location: Westminster California
Posts: 2,557
Received 302 Likes on 215 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Kevin Parent View Post
Does anyone make a raised cowl hood for the Z06?
https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...s-90-done.html

Here are mine






Deity.Motorsports is offline  
Old 09-16-2018, 04:40 PM
  #18  
Kevin Parent
CF Senior Member
 
Member Since: May 2016
Location: Rochester Hills, MI
Posts: 177
Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
Default

Has the 2650 blower been installed under these yet?
Kevin Parent is offline  
Old 09-16-2018, 07:08 PM
  #19  
onebad1lE
CF Senior Member
 
Member Since: Dec 2012
Posts: 175
Likes: 0
Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts
Default

As soon as hp tuners unlock ecu. I just buy stock blower set up

Last edited by onebad1lE; 09-16-2018 at 07:09 PM.
onebad1lE is offline  
Old 09-17-2018, 11:11 AM
  #20  
JHEBERT
CF Senior Member
 
JHEBERT's Avatar
 
Member Since: Apr 2015
Posts: 1,249
Received 280 Likes on 204 Posts
Default

I can see I’m going to have to liquidate my 71 c3 roller project for Crawford’s plug and play 2650. I’m a hood cutter, and I’m not scared. Can’t be as bad as the c6 high-ram crowd

John
JHEBERT is online now  
The following users liked this post:
Mikec7z (04-16-2019)

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Quick Reply: LT5 (OE 2650) Blower pricing?


Sponsored Ads
Vendor Directory

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: