Notices
C7 Z06 Discussion General Z06 Corvette Discussion, LT4 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

DeWitts TOC/EOC Combination system

Old 05-11-2019, 10:06 PM
Tom DeWitt
Premium Supporting Vendor

Received 324 Likes on 189 Posts

Originally Posted by BrunoTheMellow View Post
Tom one of my recent problems for the EOC was my oil lines curved into the balancer and nearly ripped, luckily I smelled the burning while checking for leaks. Due to the rotating direction, it was actually pulling the line towards it and jammed the lines under the engine . Needed pry bar to pull them away. This was mainly due to routing the lines with the suspension unloaded. Once the spring flexed, it pushed the lines towards the middle of the car. Keep that in mind please for line length, routing, fastening. Install with loaded suspension.
Good advise.
Old 05-16-2019, 10:09 AM
Viking0728
CF Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Any progress updates?
Old 05-16-2019, 11:58 AM
Tom DeWitt
Premium Supporting Vendor

Received 324 Likes on 189 Posts

Originally Posted by Viking0728 View Post
Any progress updates?
I have two installed, one in a car and the other on the bench. I posted the thread below to get an idea of what changes might be on a normal driving day to see if anything went up or down. Obviously the only real test is going to be for a few of us to track the cars on a 90 degree day and see what happens. The only thing left for me to do is to document the install and create an instruction sheet. Then the company will publish pricing and release it for sale.

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...g-eot-tot.html

I had to seal off the gaping hole I cut out for the fittings and lines so I re-designed the cover plate to have an air deflector/heat shield type effect in front of the SC HX. This will help direct the air flow down and out and keep heat from entering the HX.

Last edited by Tom DeWitt; 05-16-2019 at 12:09 PM.
Old 05-16-2019, 01:03 PM
BrunoTheMellow
CF Senior Member

Received 424 Likes on 336 Posts

Originally Posted by Tom DeWitt View Post
I have two installed, one in a car and the other on the bench. I posted the thread below to get an idea of what changes might be on a normal driving day to see if anything went up or down. Obviously the only real test is going to be for a few of us to track the cars on a 90 degree day and see what happens. The only thing left for me to do is to document the install and create an instruction sheet. Then the company will publish pricing and release it for sale.

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...g-eot-tot.html

I had to seal off the gaping hole I cut out for the fittings and lines so I re-designed the cover plate to have an air deflector/heat shield type effect in front of the SC HX. This will help direct the air flow down and out and keep heat from entering the HX.

Tom you should be able to do bench flow and temperature tests to validate cooling. With a stock secondary cooler you can validate that the half width one by using a pot of water on a burner. GSpeed did this for intercooler heat exchanger testing.

Same with oil and stock oil cooler (just a bit harder to setup)

Normally oil will run the same temp as coolant.

Last edited by BrunoTheMellow; 05-16-2019 at 01:33 PM.
Old 05-16-2019, 01:23 PM
Viking0728
CF Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I'll be in line once it's for sale. It's getting hot in Florida with a bunch of track days on the calendar. I'll see if I can find out my transmission temp in the next few days and post it, I have a longer drive planned this weekend.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: DeWitts TOC/EOC Combination system

Sponsored Ads
Vendor Directory

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: