C7 Z06 Discussion General Z06 Corvette Discussion, LT4 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: GEM Motorsports

2019 z06

Old 09-30-2018, 08:42 PM
lupicon
Instructor

Received 35 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by Cobravenomous

i did not opt for the Z07 package, but I loaded it up with pretty much everything else, including chrome wheels, competition seats, transparent roof and the CAI option to mention a few.

Interestingly the dealer told me that one of the reasons that they don't ship in the winter was because the tires will crack, however I only ordered the base tire and not the SC2's.

I'll confirm my order once I complete my appointment Thursday evening with the dealer, until then I'm just simply anxious! (Ha-ha)

Cobra
Sounds like a beauty! Personally, I would have no issues with them shipping not shipping in winter--I would have no interest at this point in picking up the car.
I bought mine in late December and part of the deal was having the dealer cover storage until the weather warmed up.
Pick up the car when it's nice out, and save on insurance and storage costs etc in the mean time. Lastly, don't forget to send pics and let your fellow Ontarians know when you are driving south so we can see her in person.
The following users liked this post:
Cobravenomous (09-30-2018)
Old 09-30-2018, 09:19 PM
Cobravenomous
Heel & Toe

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by lupicon
Sounds like a beauty! Personally, I would have no issues with them shipping not shipping in winter--I would have no interest at this point in picking up the car.
I bought mine in late December and part of the deal was having the dealer cover storage until the weather warmed up.
Pick up the car when it's nice out, and save on insurance and storage costs etc in the mean time. Lastly, don't forget to send pics and let your fellow Ontarians know when you are driving south so we can see her in person.

Absolutly and thank you for the positive comments. I'll confirm my purchase/order Thursday once I have that piece of paper with my name, order information and acknowledgement/receipt of my down payment, only then can I stop pinching myself and believe I'm actually going to be a Corvette owner.

Cobra
Old 10-07-2018, 11:24 PM
Cobravenomous
Heel & Toe

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I can now confirm that I have ordered a 2019 Long Beach Red 3LZ, Z06 with the following additional options;

1. Competition Seats
2. Performance Cold Air Intake
3. Chrome Z06 Wheels
4. Transparent Roof Panel
5. 7 Speed Manual Transmission (Standard)
6. Carbon-fibre and sueded micro-fibre steering wheel with carbon-fibre dash complement (Standard)

I have put down a significant down payment simply to secure the final selling price and interest rate on the eventual amount to be financed however the dealer advised me I will not receive the car until after the weather warms up in March to May of next year. They have assured me I will get this car and they told me they will tell me when the car is actually going to be built so that should I wish to go to Bowling Green, they would arrange for me to see my car actually being built. Wow that would be so cool and I'm only 800 miles away so that is an attractive option. The dealer also said once they submit the order to GM they will provide me updates regarding build date and VIN once that information becomes available.

The only problem now is my January 01st (2019) retirement is now pushed back, probably a year ha ha..........

I read the CAI will add 15 horsepower........is that believable?

Cobra

Old 10-08-2018, 08:53 AM
MSG C5
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2,669 Likes on 1,479 Posts
2022 C5 of the Year Finalist - Modified
2021 C5 of the Year Finalist - Modified
C7 of the Year - Modified Finalist 2021
Finalist 2020 C7 of the Year -- Modified
2020 C5 of the Year Finalist - Modified
C5 of Year Finalist (appearance mods) 2019
2018 C5 of Year Finalist

I can now confirm that I have ordered a 2019 Long Beach Red 3LZ, Z06 with the following additional options;

1. Competition Seats
2. Performance Cold Air Intake
3. Chrome Z06 Wheels
4. Transparent Roof Panel
5. 7 Speed Manual Transmission (Standard)
6. Carbon-fibre and sueded micro-fibre steering wheel with carbon-fibre dash complement (Standard)

I have put down a significant down payment simply to secure the final selling price and interest rate on the eventual amount to be financed however the dealer advised me I will not receive the car until after the weather warms up in March to May of next year. They have assured me I will get this car and they told me they will tell me when the car is actually going to be built so that should I wish to go to Bowling Green, they would arrange for me to see my car actually being built. Wow that would be so cool and I'm only 800 miles away so that is an attractive option. The dealer also said once they submit the order to GM they will provide me updates regarding build date and VIN once that information becomes available.

The only problem now is my January 01st (2019) retirement is now pushed back, probably a year ha ha..........

I read the CAI will add 15 horsepower........is that believable?

Cobra

Congrats on your order. I also had my dealer install the GM CAI at PDI so I don't really have a before/after impression, however my friend who has a 2018 Z06 said he noticed a small bump, however honestly, I just really liked the looks of it to help complete some under hood mods I had planned.

Glad to see another M7 brother join the team.
Old 10-08-2018, 05:04 PM
SuperdadZ06
Burning Brakes

Received 408 Likes on 246 Posts

Very nice, best of luck with it. You picked a great color and went m7!
Old 10-09-2018, 05:01 AM
StingBeeZ06
Instructor

Received 36 Likes on 25 Posts

Update, I'm right in the middle of negotiating the final details on a new 2019.........the dealer provided me a price which was actually extremely attractive. I accepted the offer, and I have an appointment Thursday evening to finalize the deal, so technically I can't say I've ordered a new Vette, but I hope to be able to say that I've ordered my new "LBR" Z06 Thursday evening.

The dealer told me that ordering a Z06 in Northern Ontario is not like ordering other cars. I've ordered my last five cars from GM and enjoy the "build" experience and they usually arrive in 6-8 weeks. The dealer advised me that when they ship a Corvette that the whole car is wrapped for protection and that due to our winters that they don't ship/deliver in the winter and he said, even though the order will be placed on Thursday, he advised don't expect it to even be built until after February. He also described ordering Z06's something like a lottery.

I've been with this sales manager since the mid 80's and I thoroughly trust his and the dealers integrity. The MSRP on my car is north of $117,000 and he told me they don't even need a deposit from me, but I want to put one down to obtain a bill of sale as I'm hopeful that that will assure me of getting this car.

Are Z06's limited to the point that there is a potential risk that even if I order the car that GM might not fill the order?

Cobra
Hey Cobra: What you get from a "lifelong" relationship with a car dealer, is similar to what you get from a lifelong relationship with your (home or car) insurance company / agent. They will edge up pricing over time, not give you good deals and ultimately take advantage of you, especially if they pulled one over on you before and you didn't catch it. I have a buddy who buys many high end vehicle (he has a collection of about 30 cars). He worked with a dealer for many years and never really "checked" the dealer on pricing. He called to purchase a work truck for his business and they put the deal together, come to find out the dealer marked up the truck over $10K more than other dealers would sell it at. Pretty shady.
When I buy ANYTHING big, I get competitive bids from 3-4 places and tell them they are BIDDING on my business, and the absolute best deal will get my business. Don't fall for the "limited time" or "limited supply" nonsense, 99% of the time they are pulling a fast one. Best of luck in your search!!!
Old 10-11-2018, 10:19 AM
Road machine
Safety Car

Received 250 Likes on 164 Posts

Just bought my 2019 off the showroom floor. Sticker Price was $92K and change and closed the deal at $82K even. Laguna Seca Red 2LZ loaded except Z07.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 2019 z06