C7 Z06 Discussion General Z06 Corvette Discussion, LT4 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: GEM Motorsports

Who was in the Black C7 Z06 running 140+ last night, for over 10 miles i95 PalmBeach?

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2018, 05:07 AM
cvp33
Melting Slicks

Received 1,050 Likes on 660 Posts

Sorry guys, it was me. I didn't want my pizza to get cold.........
The following 4 users liked this post by cvp33:
cheapthrills (09-26-2018), CorvetteBrent (09-23-2018), HessViper (09-22-2018), ZERRY 316 (09-23-2018)
Old 09-22-2018, 06:08 AM
Warp Factor
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,817 Likes on 1,085 Posts

Originally Posted by AZGASSER

Old 09-22-2018, 07:29 AM
Z0HS1CK
Race Director

Received 3,199 Likes on 2,143 Posts

Originally Posted by Cobra2Z
Why wouldn’t the guy respond based on OP’s post? The guy doesn’t risk anything by coming forward and saying yeah that was me.

-Jason
that's why I said op worded this thread wrong. I knew how to get that guy to respond. Kinda like baiting him. Something I'm a master at
Old 09-22-2018, 07:59 AM
BKorsaire
Melting Slicks

Location: Chartres, with a cathedral of XII Century in the middle of the wheat fields FRANCE, la Belle et ses Iles
Received 1,276 Likes on 794 Posts

Not sure if he manifests itself after reading this thread...and as I understand this the night knight !
Old 09-22-2018, 08:07 AM
fake
Safety Car

Received 343 Likes on 247 Posts

Lock him up!cops are never around when you need them. I guess it is because of profiling.
Old 09-22-2018, 09:59 AM
Cobra2Z
Advanced

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by fake
Lock him up!cops are never around when you need them. I guess it is because of profiling.
Please tell me more about this “profiling” you speak of because the VAST majority of the time you can’t profile if you wanted to because you don’t even see the driver. Can’t profile nearly any traffic stop at night because well it’s night and you can’t see. Then another large amount of stops are initiated behind the vehicle in which the seat is blocking your view and can’t tell anything about the person. Then of course you have people with pretty dark tint which you can’t clearly see inside the vehicle. Finally, stops where the vehicle is heading toward the cop and you can clearly see the drivers gender, race, national origin or whatever protected basis your alleging this profiling is occurring to well yes one could profile. However, it’s funny how those stops also have some type of violation attached to it. Now if you’re talking about just regular calls where cops are profiling well that’s even more absurd because the vast majority of calls (not traffic stops) are not self initiated by the cop. Meaning, someone called the Police and the cop is just going to the call for service and can’t pick what race or gender or whatever is going to be at that call when he arrives.

Are there bad apples that treat people they come in contact with differently based on their race or gender, sure there are, but to make it seem like most cops in general are out here violating people’s civil rights is a pretty strong and false allegation. You might not like the Police and have had some bad experiences and I get it no one likes getting pulled over, but alleging stuff like that doesn’t help anything.

-Jason

The following 2 users liked this post by Cobra2Z:
CorvetteBrent (09-23-2018), olivine28 (09-24-2018)
Old 09-22-2018, 10:17 AM
madrob2020
Melting Slicks

Received 957 Likes on 620 Posts

Originally Posted by RobGZ06
Kinda like baiting him. Something I'm a master at
AH-H-H, a MASTER-BAITER lurks here!

Last edited by madrob2020; 09-22-2018 at 11:14 AM.
The following 2 users liked this post by madrob2020:
3 Z06ZR1 (09-24-2018), Z0HS1CK (09-22-2018)
Old 09-22-2018, 10:58 AM
MCK_Z06
Pro
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 258 Likes on 172 Posts

Please tell me more about this “profiling” you speak of because the VAST majority of the time you can’t profile if you wanted to because you don’t even see the driver. Can’t profile nearly any traffic stop at night because well it’s night and you can’t see. Then another large amount of stops are initiated behind the vehicle in which the seat is blocking your view and can’t tell anything about the person. Then of course you have people with pretty dark tint which you can’t clearly see inside the vehicle. Finally, stops where the vehicle is heading toward the cop and you can clearly see the drivers gender, race, national origin or whatever protected basis your alleging this profiling is occurring to well yes one could profile. However, it’s funny how those stops also have some type of violation attached to it. Now if you’re talking about just regular calls where cops are profiling well that’s even more absurd because the vast majority of calls (not traffic stops) are not self initiated by the cop. Meaning, someone called the Police and the cop is just going to the call for service and can’t pick what race or gender or whatever is going to be at that call when he arrives.

Are there bad apples that treat people they come in contact with differently based on their race or gender, sure there are, but to make it seem like most cops in general are out here violating people’s civil rights is a pretty strong and false allegation. You might not like the Police and have had some bad experiences and I get it no one likes getting pulled over, but alleging stuff like that doesn’t help anything.

-Jason

Ummm… Im pretty sure he meant "predictive profiling" vs. "racial profiling". (IE: "bad guys drive rented cars" or "bad guys drive cars with tinted windows" etc. etc.)
it's very common type of profiling used by the Highway Patrol and State Troopers.
So yes they profile vehicles as well as people.

A lot of times they use the first type of profiling as a tactic to initiate the second type of profiling.
Old 09-22-2018, 12:50 PM
Cobra2Z
Advanced

Originally Posted by MCK_Z06
Ummm… Im pretty sure he meant "predictive profiling" vs. "racial profiling". (IE: "bad guys drive rented cars" or "bad guys drive cars with tinted windows" etc. etc.)
it's very common type of profiling used by the Highway Patrol and State Troopers.
So yes they profile vehicles as well as people.

A lot of times they use the first type of profiling as a tactic to initiate the second type of profiling.
Oh so we’re talking about profiling inanimate objects, gotcha. I’m not saying profiling of vehicles doesn’t happen, but I guess the next question is what’s wrong with “profiling” of a vehcile. Most people aren’t going to be looking for a robbery suspect in an RV or an old classic sports cars. This is natural to have stereotypes and profile, the only time this becomes a problem is when you start doing that soley based on someone’s national origin, gender, race, etc. A quick example is if you see a property with a trashy yard, tall grass and just unkept outdoor property, most everyone would then assume the inside is not prestine and well kept. However, who’s to say they just don’t like doing outdoor work, but the inside looks like a million bucks. These assumptions and thoughts are based off stereotypes or “profiling” so to speak.

Next question would be how do you know of these supposed predictive profiling and especially the racial profiling that you say is happening after the stop?

I just don’t like the bashing or unsupported claims when it comes to different things like this.

Old 09-22-2018, 01:16 PM
HessViper
Instructor

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by Shinobi'sZ
Let's say he got in an accident later and seriously injured or killed somebody that night. Then an insurance investigator or LE was checking Youtube or Corvette forum for history. You have now identified yourself as equally participating in an illegal event.
There are highway cameras every half mile. My gut is, if the police wanted to get him, they could. I realize each state's laws are different, but in the state of Florida, you guys are reaching now. We don't have speed cameras. Tickets cannot be issued based on cameras in this state. I did not cause anyone any harm.

It is my belief that there is something else going on with this fellow, I would not be surprised if he was a cop himself. He has a confidence to speed like I've never seen before. Normally people slow down. It seems he does not care at all.

It could be that he is an undercover cop. We have those here and they have nice cars sometimes

Last edited by HessViper; 09-22-2018 at 01:26 PM.
Old 09-22-2018, 01:22 PM
HessViper
Instructor

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by cvp33
Sorry guys, it was me. I didn't want my pizza to get cold.........
Well then, I guess your profile location makes sense now
Old 09-22-2018, 02:08 PM
Z0HS1CK
Race Director

Received 3,199 Likes on 2,143 Posts

Originally Posted by madrob2020
AH-H-H, a MASTER-BAITER lurks here!
lol I walked into that one.

but at least it works
Old 09-22-2018, 02:28 PM
MCK_Z06
Pro
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 258 Likes on 172 Posts

Oh so we’re talking about profiling inanimate objects, gotcha. I’m not saying profiling of vehicles doesn’t happen, but I guess the next question is what’s wrong with “profiling” of a vehcile. Most people aren’t going to be looking for a robbery suspect in an RV or an old classic sports cars. This is natural to have stereotypes and profile, the only time this becomes a problem is when you start doing that soley based on someone’s national origin, gender, race, etc. A quick example is if you see a property with a trashy yard, tall grass and just unkept outdoor property, most everyone would then assume the inside is not prestine and well kept. However, who’s to say they just don’t like doing outdoor work, but the inside looks like a million bucks. These assumptions and thoughts are based off stereotypes or “profiling” so to speak.

Next question would be how do you know of these supposed predictive profiling and especially the racial profiling that you say is happening after the stop?

I just don’t like the bashing or unsupported claims when it comes to different things like this.

The first I heard of it was some time ago from my brother and sister in-law who are both officers in the Denver area.

They just offered up the information when I asked what they had been up to and they told me about the training they had to attend to learn how to profile more effectively.
The additional profiling information came from the same conversation where they were explaining to me what they were taught to do.
Which was not to "racially" profile (because that's illegal) but to "profile the person" once they find something to stop them for after their vehicle fits a specific profile they are looking for.
They also mentioned that what they profile for in vehicles changes depending on what they are having issues with in the area at the time.

I did not see any bashing of anyone except for the driver mentioned in the thread here?
Not sure if you were talking about me making unsupported claims as fact but, you could do some research yourself...
https://people.howstuffworks.com/profiling1.htm
http://law.emory.edu/elj/content/vol...suspicion.html

Also, there are quite a few members on here that are part of law enforcement I'm sure they know something about this.
But, just like the driver mentioned above I doubt anyone is dumb enough to get on the internet and say "yeah, me or someone I work with racially profiles".
Anyway I based my "facts" on what I have been told and overheard from friends and family that actually practice this stuff.

And oh, anyone can be "racially profiled" so I'm not sure why everyone wants to link this to racism.
For example: While patrolling they may give you an extra look and you may raise their suspicions by either being a white guy who "doesn't belong in this area" or a brown guy "doesn't belong in this area".
You are now "suspicious" based on where you are and what color or nationality you are.
This is totally a form of profiling and nothing may come of it except you get an extra "look" but, there are all kinds or profiling and tactics being used on people who have done nothing wrong every day.
And most of it results in zero or very limited interaction with the law enforcement doing the profiling... so, to me it's just a part of reality and not a big deal unless it crosses over into harassment which comes back to your "bad apples" types.
Old 09-22-2018, 02:45 PM
trevor90
Pro

Received 120 Likes on 85 Posts

Originally Posted by Shinobi'sZ
Let's say he got in an accident later and seriously injured or killed somebody that night. Then an insurance investigator or LE was checking Youtube or Corvette forum for history. You have now identified yourself as equally participating in an illegal event or you will have to explain what you mean by "I tried to keep up", which means you could be just as guilty of wreckless driving or illegal street racing that got somebody hurt or killed. I mean isn't that what everybody that isn't in 1st place during a race is trying to do...keep up? Think about it for a minute then do yourself a favor and delete your posts. Trying to help you out here.

u took this way too far, calm down. jesus this forum is uptight.
The following 4 users liked this post by trevor90:
HessViper (09-23-2018), USMC 0802 (09-23-2018), Z0HS1CK (09-22-2018), ZERRY 316 (09-23-2018)
Old 09-22-2018, 03:21 PM
Cobra2Z
Advanced

Originally Posted by MCK_Z06
The first I heard of it was some time ago from my brother and sister in-law who are both officers in the Denver area.

They just offered up the information when I asked what they had been up to and they told me about the training they had to attend to learn how to profile more effectively.
The additional profiling information came from the same conversation where they were explaining to me what they were taught to do.
Which was not to "racially" profile (because that's illegal) but to "profile the person" once they find something to stop them for after their vehicle fits a specific profile they are looking for.
They also mentioned that what they profile for in vehicles changes depending on what they are having issues with in the area at the time.

I did not see any bashing of anyone except for the driver mentioned in the thread here?
Not sure if you were talking about me making unsupported claims as fact but, you could do some research yourself...
https://people.howstuffworks.com/profiling1.htm
http://law.emory.edu/elj/content/vol...suspicion.html

Also, there are quite a few members on here that are part of law enforcement I'm sure they know something about this.
But, just like the driver mentioned above I doubt anyone is dumb enough to get on the internet and say "yeah, me or someone I work with racially profiles".
Anyway I based my "facts" on what I have been told and overheard from friends and family that actually practice this stuff.

And oh, anyone can be "racially profiled" so I'm not sure why everyone wants to link this to racism.
For example: While patrolling they may give you an extra look and you may raise their suspicions by either being a white guy who "doesn't belong in this area" or a brown guy "doesn't belong in this area".
You are now "suspicious" based on where you are and what color or nationality you are.
This is totally a form of profiling and nothing may come of it except you get an extra "look" but, there are all kinds or profiling and tactics being used on people who have done nothing wrong every day.
And most of it results in zero or very limited interaction with the law enforcement doing the profiling... so, to me it's just a part of reality and not a big deal unless it crosses over into harassment which comes back to your "bad apples" types.
So a few things, yes I was referring to you (and the other guy who originally talked about profiling) with unsupported claims because you talked about predictive and racial profiling then later stated the second type (racial) is done after the predictive profiling stop (or something to that effect). Again, I’m not trying to say there aren’t some out there doing wrong and racially profiling; however it seemed to imply to me that it’s almost common practice.

I’m a cop myself which is probably why I get more in my feelings about it than some other topics. I try to leave that part out of conversations because: some will just say of course you’d say that because you’re one of them and/or sometimes implys I know better than you simply because it’s what I do (which to me isn’t necessarily the case). I always hated when people would discredit my arguments simply because I didn’t fit into a certain category. What I mean by that is I believe you can have a educated and credible opinion on kids and how to raise them without having to be a parent. So, I don’t want the fact that I’m a cop to make someone feel they don’t have a legitimate opinion or argument because they don’t do what I do.

Anyway, I’ve taken the post off topic enough and said my peace. We may just have to agree to disagree.

-Jason

The following users liked this post:
CorvetteBrent (09-23-2018)
Old 09-22-2018, 08:45 PM
David4359
Racer

Received 55 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by 3 Z06ZR1
yep has been gone for a few weeks
sure that was him drives crazy
who cares
HessViper (09-23-2018)
Old 09-23-2018, 08:25 AM
CorvetteBrent
Burning Brakes

Received 320 Likes on 210 Posts

So a few things, yes I was referring to you (and the other guy who originally talked about profiling) with unsupported claims because you talked about predictive and racial profiling then later stated the second type (racial) is done after the predictive profiling stop (or something to that effect). Again, I’m not trying to say there aren’t some out there doing wrong and racially profiling; however it seemed to imply to me that it’s almost common practice.

I’m a cop myself which is probably why I get more in my feelings about it than some other topics. I try to leave that part out of conversations because: some will just say of course you’d say that because you’re one of them and/or sometimes implys I know better than you simply because it’s what I do (which to me isn’t necessarily the case). I always hated when people would discredit my arguments simply because I didn’t fit into a certain category. What I mean by that is I believe you can have a educated and credible opinion on kids and how to raise them without having to be a parent. So, I don’t want the fact that I’m a cop to make someone feel they don’t have a legitimate opinion or argument because they don’t do what I do.

Anyway, I’ve taken the post off topic enough and said my peace. We may just have to agree to disagree.

-Jason

Well said. You make several points that are good food for thought.

Get notified of new replies

To Who was in the Black C7 Z06 running 140+ last night, for over 10 miles i95 PalmBeach?

Old 09-23-2018, 08:39 AM
CorvetteBrent
Burning Brakes

Received 320 Likes on 210 Posts

Originally Posted by HessViper
There are highway cameras every half mile. My gut is, if the police wanted to get him, they could. I realize each state's laws are different, but in the state of Florida, you guys are reaching now. We don't have speed cameras. Tickets cannot be issued based on cameras in this state. I did not cause anyone any harm.

It is my belief that there is something else going on with this fellow, I would not be surprised if he was a cop himself. He has a confidence to speed like I've never seen before. Normally people slow down. It seems he does not care at all.

It could be that he is an undercover cop. We have those here and they have nice cars sometimes
There is another possibility. Though unlikely, it is possible that he has "DI" (Diplomatic Immunity). People with DI have been known to flout the law and flaunt their fast vehicles fearlessly. Put one of their "diplomats" in jail, they can easily put one of ours in jail, hence the premise behind diplomatic immunity.
HessViper (09-23-2018)
Old 09-23-2018, 09:06 AM
dvilin
Team Owner

Received 7,922 Likes on 4,808 Posts

What a bunch of drama queens.
The following 2 users liked this post by dvilin:
HessViper (09-23-2018), TxTaxman (09-24-2018)
Old 09-23-2018, 09:13 AM
vrybad
Le Mans Master

Received 708 Likes on 391 Posts

Originally Posted by trevor90
u took this way too far, calm down. jesus this forum is uptight.
The forum isn't uptight.

You have people here who pay attention to some of the crazy street racing videos, where cars are traveling at 160+ mph and splitting past both sides of mini-vans as they pass.

That has happened to me, being the unsuspecting average driver who has two vehicles pass, one on each side of my vehicle, at over 160.
Let me tell you, even for a guy that has seen north of 160 many times, it literally scared the $hit right out of me.

Don't get me wrong, I love the occasional sprint run but some of these people are really putting lives in danger.
The following 2 users liked this post by vrybad:
kenownr (09-26-2018), Newton06 (09-24-2018)

Quick Reply: Who was in the Black C7 Z06 running 140+ last night, for over 10 miles i95 PalmBeach?