C7 Z06 Discussion General Z06 Corvette Discussion, LT4 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: GEM Motorsports

Who was in the Black C7 Z06 running 140+ last night, for over 10 miles i95 PalmBeach?

Old 09-23-2018, 09:33 AM
3 Z06ZR1
Team Owner

Received 900 Likes on 742 Posts

Originally Posted by Cobra2Z

Please tell me more about this “profiling” you speak of because the VAST majority of the time you can’t profile if you wanted to because you don’t even see the driver. Can’t profile nearly any traffic stop at night because well it’s night and you can’t see. Then another large amount of stops are initiated behind the vehicle in which the seat is blocking your view and can’t tell anything about the person. Then of course you have people with pretty dark tint which you can’t clearly see inside the vehicle. Finally, stops where the vehicle is heading toward the cop and you can clearly see the drivers gender, race, national origin or whatever protected basis your alleging this profiling is occurring to well yes one could profile. However, it’s funny how those stops also have some type of violation attached to it. Now if you’re talking about just regular calls where cops are profiling well that’s even more absurd because the vast majority of calls (not traffic stops) are not self initiated by the cop. Meaning, someone called the Police and the cop is just going to the call for service and can’t pick what race or gender or whatever is going to be at that call when he arrives.

Are there bad apples that treat people they come in contact with differently based on their race or gender, sure there are, but to make it seem like most cops in general are out here violating people’s civil rights is a pretty strong and false allegation. You might not like the Police and have had some bad experiences and I get it no one likes getting pulled over, but alleging stuff like that doesn’t help anything.

-Jason

They read your plates and do profiling a lot! PLEASE you make me laugh!
Old 09-23-2018, 12:49 PM
HessViper
Instructor

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

I had my viper parked at cars and coffee palm beach today, and a person walked up and introduced himself today. We went on to speak for over an hour.

Lets just say all my z06 questions have been answered, and I am mind blown right now, because today I found 2 people I was looking for, instead of my hoped 1. Life is coincidental sometimes beyond belief.

Too much information to process, having to digest everything. He showed me a few things that are not public knowledge yet about these cars.
Old 09-23-2018, 01:15 PM
Warp Factor
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,816 Likes on 1,084 Posts

Originally Posted by HessViper
I had my viper parked at cars and coffee palm beach today, and a person walked up and introduced himself today. We went on to speak for over an hour.

Lets just say all my z06 questions have been answered, and I am mind blown right now, because today I found 2 people I was looking for, instead of my hoped 1. Life is coincidental sometimes beyond belief.

Too much information to process, having to digest everything. He showed me a few things that are not public knowledge yet about these cars.
Sound like you may have found the guy in the black Z.
The following users liked this post:
HessViper (09-23-2018)
Old 09-23-2018, 02:46 PM
Null Pointer
Exception ID 10T
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 506 Likes on 333 Posts

So, what did he show you? Inquiring minds want to know.
The following 2 users liked this post by Null Pointer:
dollarbill (09-23-2018), HessViper (09-23-2018)
Old 09-23-2018, 03:02 PM
HessViper
Instructor

He said if I buy a z06, and wish to upgrade it, I need to derestrict the exhaust if I wish to make extra power on the stock tune, otherwise he believes the computer will limit my gains, and eventually throw my car into limp mode when it gets colder outside. He had many graphs from dyno runs he and his friends have done. Similar to Norcal SS graph of when they ported a blower which creates more psi at the MAP, and Norcal saw the high end gains limited at peak psi pressures at the MAP sensor, which is apparently after the blower screws he said.

(I said MAF earlier by mistake and just edited my post, he texted me and said to fix my post)

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...ormance-4.html

Last edited by HessViper; 09-23-2018 at 04:46 PM.
The following 2 users liked this post by HessViper:
CorvetteBrent (09-25-2018), Null Pointer (09-23-2018)
Old 09-23-2018, 05:25 PM
atljar
Melting Slicks

Received 380 Likes on 276 Posts

Tell Mike we said hello! LOL.
The following 2 users liked this post by atljar:
JHEBERT (09-25-2018), Z0HS1CK (09-23-2018)
Old 09-23-2018, 06:01 PM
golden2husky
Burning Brakes

Received 293 Likes on 193 Posts

I'm willing to be he may be a cop himself. I have had my cop friend (Miami-Dade) who acts as a buffer for me when he visits. Still, I've never been over 103. Frankly I get far more of a thrill out of cornering than triple digit speeds...
The following 2 users liked this post by golden2husky:
CorvetteBrent (09-25-2018), HessViper (09-23-2018)
Old 09-23-2018, 06:01 PM
trevor90
Pro

Received 120 Likes on 85 Posts

just so you know, i and about 9 other cars are heading to PBIR on october 13th, for some roll racing. You should come out!
HessViper (09-23-2018)
Old 09-23-2018, 06:44 PM
HessViper
Instructor

Originally Posted by trevor90
just so you know, i and about 9 other cars are heading to PBIR on october 13th, for some roll racing. You should come out!
Always a great time, I will most likely be there! Message me your information
Old 09-23-2018, 10:31 PM
Cobra2Z
Advanced

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by 3 Z06ZR1
They read your plates and do profiling a lot! PLEASE you make me laugh!
You know this how? However, we’ll go with this for a bit. First, there are many many times the registered owner is not the person actually driving, especially in high crime areas. Now I’m sure it’s different from jurisdiction to jurisdiction, but for me I would have to run the plate get the name of the person then get in another program and run the name through MVA to MAYBE get a picture back of the person. I say maybe because it is hit or miss whether you even get a picture back on the inquiry. However, YES theoretically you could spot the violation or I guess any person since we’re already talking about an officer who is violating people’s rights, then run the tag/registered owner and then see who it is determining if they’re worth pulling over based on that officer’s prejudice and then hope the registered owner is the actual driver. (Tag readers are sometimes a different story depending, but most patrol vehicles aren’t outfitted with readers) Again, not saying this exact scenario hasn’t or doesn’t happen. However, when you imply cops are just going around running everyone’s tag before a stop to practice their prejudicial feelings/ideology; it’s not only insulting to officers around the country but simply not true. Again can only speak on my agency and few others I have worked with. What I can say is that it is an extremely long and painstaking process to even get into the academy, if you have these prejudices that don’t come out during your polygraph, psych or background then typically those people are weeded out later during the academ or field training. Does this get everyone that should not be hired weeded out, of course not and bad apples will unfortunately always exist. I would venture to bet though, that overall the vast majority officers are good honest people who have the right intentions.

Furthermore, (this is mainly just my opinion) just from what I have noticed, is the few people I have come across who are very prejudice and racist, typically aren’t very hard workers or go-getters and spend their time complaining about others. These aren’t going to be the ones doing all that work before a traffic stop just to determine race or whatever they don’t like. This isn’t really “evidence”, but mainly my opinion.

Just to be clear, I was trying to let the topic die, but you seem to ruffle everyone’s feathers some how or another. I’m glad I make you laugh because pretty sure the majority of this forum laughs at you.

-Jason
Old 09-23-2018, 11:32 PM
OmarZ06
Instructor

Received 49 Likes on 33 Posts

Well

:vader:

Last edited by OmarZ06; 09-23-2018 at 11:34 PM.
Old 09-23-2018, 11:48 PM
Bajaholic
Burning Brakes

Received 388 Likes on 199 Posts

Hey everyone! Sppeeedy Z here (Formerly known as Joey Isuzu). It was me. I left Atlanta about about 6pm, was told it is impossible to make it to the Keys by midnight so The challenge was on. $1 bet I couldn't make it! Well guess what.... 12:02pm rolled in! Pay up sucker!

You should all try it, it's exhilarating!

........................................ ........................................ .. He's Lying!.................................. ........................................ ............
Old 09-24-2018, 01:20 AM
3 Z06ZR1
Team Owner

Originally Posted by OmarZ06
Well

:vader:

Old 09-24-2018, 01:39 AM
3 Z06ZR1
Team Owner

Originally Posted by Cobra2Z

You know this how? However, we’ll go with this for a bit. First, there are many many times the registered owner is not the person actually driving, especially in high crime areas. Now I’m sure it’s different from jurisdiction to jurisdiction, but for me I would have to run the plate get the name of the person then get in another program and run the name through MVA to MAYBE get a picture back of the person. I say maybe because it is hit or miss whether you even get a picture back on the inquiry. However, YES theoretically you could spot the violation or I guess any person since we’re already talking about an officer who is violating people’s rights, then run the tag/registered owner and then see who it is determining if they’re worth pulling over based on that officer’s prejudice and then hope the registered owner is the actual driver. (Tag readers are sometimes a different story depending, but most patrol vehicles aren’t outfitted with readers) Again, not saying this exact scenario hasn’t or doesn’t happen. However, when you imply cops are just going around running everyone’s tag before a stop to practice their prejudicial feelings/ideology; it’s not only insulting to officers around the country but simply not true. Again can only speak on my agency and few others I have worked with. What I can say is that it is an extremely long and painstaking process to even get into the academy, if you have these prejudices that don’t come out during your polygraph, psych or background then typically those people are weeded out later during the academ or field training. Does this get everyone that should not be hired weeded out, of course not and bad apples will unfortunately always exist. I would venture to bet though, that overall the vast majority officers are good honest people who have the right intentions.

Furthermore, (this is mainly just my opinion) just from what I have noticed, is the few people I have come across who are very prejudice and racist, typically aren’t very hard workers or go-getters and spend their time complaining about others. These aren’t going to be the ones doing all that work before a traffic stop just to determine race or whatever they don’t like. This isn’t really “evidence”, but mainly my opinion.

Just to be clear, I was trying to let the topic die, but you seem to ruffle everyone’s feathers some how or another. I’m glad I make you laugh because pretty sure the majority of this forum laughs at you.

-Jason

Don't get all hurt but they now sit and use the plate readers which go off if anything is wrong, insurance or plates or warrant often. all they do also look at your record before they decide if they want to stop you.
Like in the Midwest they stopped someone passing though to Mass and busted them. Then two weeks later pulled the same ones over again out on bond and busted them again.
Same city same highway they were going in the other direct same way.
They used to sit with the side light on and read the plates before the readers. Then 3-4 minutes later would come and stop Arizona cars and any they consider to match profiles for drug haulers. Plus visual cues.
If they stop you and you ever had a DUI in the past they will ask you if you have been drinking! Just the facts.
Search the car if they find nothing all your stuff is piled on the shoulder and they drove away I had saw this 100 times easy.
Just the facts if it makes me safer cool I could care less and I have nothing to profile. No record for anything comes up.

The big tip off is every major drug bust they use " they were following to close" to pull them overgoing through the newpaper history of busts.

Last edited by 3 Z06ZR1; 09-24-2018 at 02:07 AM.
Old 09-24-2018, 09:33 AM
davbrucas
Instructor

Received 42 Likes on 29 Posts

There are highway cameras every half mile. My gut is, if the police wanted to get him, they could. I realize each state's laws are different, but in the state of Florida, you guys are reaching now. We don't have speed cameras. Tickets cannot be issued based on cameras in this state. I did not cause anyone any harm.

It is my belief that there is something else going on with this fellow, I would not be surprised if he was a cop himself. He has a confidence to speed like I've never seen before. Normally people slow down. It seems he does not care at all.

It could be that he is an undercover cop. We have those here and they have nice cars sometimes
He is probably LE. They are above silly traffic laws that the rest of us have to abide by. A LEO friend told me that speeding was a perk of the job.
Old 09-24-2018, 10:56 AM
3 Z06ZR1
Team Owner

Originally Posted by davbrucas
He is probably LE. They are above silly traffic laws that the rest of us have to abide by. A LEO friend told me that speeding was a perk of the job.
If they are not on call it is illegal for them to speed! They should follow the law like everyone else sounds like your friend is a bad cop.
Old 09-24-2018, 11:17 AM
HessViper
Instructor

Keep in mind, South Florida is more than just police, you have a lot of DEA and CIA/DHS. To compound things further, palm beach county's Sheriff is in charge of all of DHS for the entire state of Florida. To compound things further, your president has a home here.

Long story short, if he is LE, he probably is on duty, and that probably is his car. I am a good judge of character, and he is a sharp fellow. When I asked him why he was not worried about tickets, he calmly responded, "my license is clean, it always will be, don't worry about me and tickets" and he quickly went back to speaking about how these cars work.

He is not arrogant, but he has a confidence that seems to be convincing from my perspective. He is very mature in person. He admitted that when people rub him wrong on the internet, he feeds them their mirror image to see how they react. He brought up a great point, he said he can still read this forum no matter what happens. The only people who lose are the rest of us if he is not able to write here.

I for one, believe his theory about the car's computer pulling timing and changing AFR as they approach certain MAP psi thresholds, is an accurate observation/discovery based on the dyno charts he showed me.
The following 2 users liked this post by HessViper:
CorvetteBrent (09-25-2018), JHEBERT (09-25-2018)

Get notified of new replies

To Who was in the Black C7 Z06 running 140+ last night, for over 10 miles i95 PalmBeach?

Old 09-24-2018, 11:36 AM
3 Z06ZR1
Team Owner

Keep in mind, South Florida is more than just police, you have a lot of DEA and CIA/DHS. To compound things further, palm beach county's Sheriff is in charge of all of DHS for the entire state of Florida. To compound things further, your president has a home here.

Long story short, if he is LE, he probably is on duty, and that probably is his car. I am a good judge of character, and he is a sharp fellow. When I asked him why he was not worried about tickets, he calmly responded, "my license is clean, it always will be, don't worry about me and tickets" and he quickly went back to speaking about how these cars work.

He is not arrogant, but he has a confidence that seems to be convincing from my perspective. He is very mature in person. He admitted that when people rub him wrong on the internet, he feeds them their mirror image to see how they react. He brought up a great point, he said he can still read this forum no matter what happens. The only people who lose are the rest of us if he is not able to write here.

I for one, believe his theory about the car's computer pulling timing and changing AFR as they approach certain MAP psi thresholds, is an accurate observation/discovery based on the dyno charts he showed me.
I think he must be with the CIA! After all he can drive around at 140 mph with no worries. License is clean and always will be! That is not arrogant!
This was just huge we cannot read the mutli-page intelligent posts after all no one else was even in the same league even the many vendors here and GM themselves found out quickly not to mess around. They found their own products were inferior in by design once examined by the superior mind.
inferior once reengineered
CorvetteBrent (09-25-2018)
Old 09-24-2018, 12:48 PM
Newton06
Drifting

Received 319 Likes on 166 Posts

Beyond stupid, and it wouldn't surprise me if this clown gets caught and arrested eventually.

Here in RDU, a surgeon (of all people) recently totaled his new Porsche driving at 150 on I40 & was killed when he lost control & went off into the trees. Not a pretty sight. Thankfully he didn't hit anyone else.

https://www.wral.com/news/local/video/17664692/

It is so easy to take your vehicle to the track... SMH

Last edited by Newton06; 09-24-2018 at 12:49 PM.
Shinobi'sZ (09-25-2018)
Old 09-24-2018, 12:49 PM
Z0HS1CK
Race Director

Received 3,177 Likes on 2,127 Posts

It sounds to me we have multiple screen names under the same person lol

think about it.

Last edited by Z0HS1CK; 09-24-2018 at 12:49 PM.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Who was in the Black C7 Z06 running 140+ last night, for over 10 miles i95 PalmBeach?