C7 Z06 Discussion General Z06 Corvette Discussion, LT4 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: GEM Motorsports

Actual Elkhart Lake Blue Z06 Pictures

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2018, 04:43 PM
TB427Z06
Pro

Received 398 Likes on 182 Posts

Originally Posted by RedBaroness
That looks more like Admiral Blue to me instead of Elkhart Lake Blue....the AB can look like that in photographs. May I ask where you found them so we can confirm the color? Looks a bit too dark to be ELB to me based on earlier pics--it should pop a brighter blue in sunlight instead of looking darker. On another note...my car got built Thursday! Just waiting on delivery and I'll have some pics of my Elkhart Lake Blue. Getting PPF before I do any real driving though, so pictures off the lot won't be coming until after that's done.
Well, you could be right about it being Admiral Blue, but I don't think so. I thought the same thing at first until I saw that side profile picture which is way too light to be admiral Blue. Looks more like my Laguna Blue. I found the pics on Landers Chevrolet and they are calling it Elkhart Lake Blue. I talked with Landers about ordering a ZR1 in ELB through them and they said they were getting one soon in ELB, so I think they were able to take delivery of this Grandsport in ELB already. Yes, please post some good sunlight pics as soon as you take delivery. Will be nice to see some good pics of the new color!
https://www.landerschev.com/VehicleD...-OK/3264690463

Last edited by TB427Z06; 10-15-2018 at 04:51 PM.
Old 10-15-2018, 04:55 PM
raylo
Drifting

Received 405 Likes on 255 Posts

Looks like Admiral to me too. Ahoy. But I guess it could be the light or the camera.

Last edited by raylo; 10-15-2018 at 04:57 PM.
Old 10-15-2018, 05:30 PM
RedBaroness
Instructor

Received 120 Likes on 58 Posts

Thanks for the link to look at it....I'm curious on what they're doing with the camera there....you could be right and they may have one already. I look though at the one picture where the sky isn't over exposed (meaning it's brightening most everything else in the image--likely a camera set on automatic) and the color seems quite dark....much darker than any image I've seen of ELB from the Museum comparison pictures or even on the cloudy day above. This throws me off a lot. picture number 23 of 26 shows the front left and a blue sky....and the left side of the car looks very dark. The rest look like the camera is exposing for a darker image as it's centered on the car and overexposing the background, leading to the lighter looking blue on the body. Maybe these are older images that got mistakenly put with a new ELB car coming in as they didn't have it unwrapped and ready to photograph, maybe the camera isn't picking up the color well, maybe a lot of things.... The overall hue to me though doesn't match the brighter ELB images I've seen though. Here's two of the images sitting over top of a couple of images from members who got pictures of the actual Elkhart Blue color....and in comparison this Corvette for sale doesn't look ELB to me....so maybe they have images mixed up? But it sure doesn't look like how the light changes. We'll find out for sure soon though!
Old 10-15-2018, 05:43 PM
TB427Z06
Pro

I now think they mis-labeled the color and it is Admiral Blue. When you click on options it says Admiral Blue. Everywhere else it says Elkhart Lake Blue. Got fooled on this one in the bright sunlight, where it looks a lot lighter than it really is.
Old 10-15-2018, 05:59 PM
RedBaroness
Instructor

Ah ha...I looked at the window sticker and didn't see it offhand there, glad you found it! Yes, the camera they used seems to have exposed a bit off and that didn't help...making it a bit lighter than other pictures. Kind of like trying to get accurate pictures of kalahari or midnight race blue. Not easy.

Had me a bit concerned...that looked a bit darker than what it should! LOL
Old 10-16-2018, 11:39 AM
robertbruce
Le Mans Master

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 3,222 Likes on 1,580 Posts

Nice car!
Old 10-17-2018, 08:13 AM
DevilDog II
Race Director

Received 888 Likes on 553 Posts
Oldtimer

Priced a 2019 Elkhart Lake Blue Z06 yesterday. Love the color. Apparently, there aren't that many available yet. The dealership I was at has 2 standard C7's coming in within the next couple of weeks. I want to see one in person before I make the decision to order.
Old 10-17-2018, 08:17 AM
RedBaroness
Instructor

There will be better pictures once mine comes in and I know a place with a Laguna Blue that I can probably get some side by side images with for comparison. But yeah, the first ones are likely ordered cars and then the big dealers will start getting some in. I know some of the big ones already show they have some on order to come in. Some of those might even get sold before they make the lot as well. I took the jump and don't think I'll be disappointed...it's in my favorite range of blue and I've seen plenty of Laguna cars and it's not massively different from there. No word on delivery yet, but built last Thursday....making me crazy waiting! Trying to get my PPF application scheduled as well...so it might take a week or so extra before I'm really driving it much.
The following users liked this post:
DevilDog II (10-17-2018)
Old 10-19-2018, 05:48 PM
TB427Z06
Pro

In case you don't visit the ZR1 board, here is the first actual Elkhart Lake Blue Pics in the sunlight I've been able to find. All I can say is wow! This is truly my dream car! Maybe some day.

Old 10-19-2018, 05:55 PM
RedBaroness
Instructor

Outstanding! Now I just wish they would get mine shipped out! Built on the 11th, 28 miles on it and still sitting in the lot at the plant....
Old 10-19-2018, 06:04 PM
TB427Z06
Pro

Originally Posted by RedBaroness
Outstanding! Now I just wish they would get mine shipped out! Built on the 11th, 28 miles on it and still sitting in the lot at the plant....
I feel your pain! Hope you get it before the weather turns really bad!
Old 10-19-2018, 07:14 PM
RedBaroness
Instructor

Originally Posted by TB427Z06
I feel your pain! Hope you get it before the weather turns really bad!
Thanks! Hopefully it'll get shipped out finally early next week. Been off a bunch this month but start working again soon and that slows down my anticipated fun as well.

I already have AS 3+ tires sitting in my garage.....so while it might not be totally ideal, the weather here in NC isn't so bad I couldn't at least get some seat time over the winter...and we do end up having some nice warm days down here too! It will of course go hiding if they talk about snow or spraying that nasty anti-snow car death spray on the roads though until it gets washed off with some rain. I plan to make it a 3 1/2 season car!

Quick Reply: Actual Elkhart Lake Blue Z06 Pictures