C7 Z06 Discussion General Z06 Corvette Discussion, LT4 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: GEM Motorsports

LT5/ZR1 Throttle body dyno results

Old 02-17-2019, 08:24 PM
0Cajun @ Edgyvette
Former Vendor

Received 393 Likes on 286 Posts
St. Jude Donor '07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12'-'13-'14-'15

Originally Posted by MrGary2011
Do you think thats good to go with a ported LT4 SC to 103 mm with a LT5 Throttle body, or should I go 103mm TB?
Minimal and LT5 is an OEM component. I have seen FAR more tuning issues with 103mm vs. Ported 95mm. In fact if someone with a 103mm wants to test the difference Edgyvette will send them one of our ported LT5. That way it is not me saying it but someone who already committed to the 103mm. Any takers?
The following users liked this post:
jstewart (02-18-2019)
Old 02-18-2019, 09:43 AM
jstewart
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 209 Likes on 159 Posts

Originally Posted by Cajun @ Edgyvette
Minimal and LT5 is an OEM component. I have seen FAR more tuning issues with 103mm vs. Ported 95mm. In fact if someone with a 103mm wants to test the difference Edgyvette will send them one of our ported LT5. That way it is not me saying it but someone who already committed to the 103mm. Any takers?
My opinion good advice Cajun. This was the decision I made. I used a Mamo ported 95mm TB and had the 1.7 SC fully ported, the snout ported for 103mm and the adapter ported for 95mm X 103mm. Never made any sense to me to bolt a 95mm TB on a standard un-ported adaptor and snout. At a minimum the adapter and snout need to be port matched for the larger TB. Having the blower snout ported for 103mm allows you to go to the larger 103mm TB later if you want to without all the extra work.

Last edited by jstewart; 02-18-2019 at 09:45 AM.
Old 02-18-2019, 03:44 PM
ShaneFap
Burning Brakes

Received 18 Likes on 11 Posts

If your blower is ported to fit the 103 NW DO THE NW103.......
Old 02-18-2019, 04:02 PM
jstewart
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 209 Likes on 159 Posts

Originally Posted by ShaneFap
Patience Obewan, one step at a time, first the 2nd meth nozzle
Old 11-29-2019, 06:55 PM
lt1z350
Advanced

Received 34 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by ShaneFap
been proven a few times now the ported 95mm will make more hp and the same tq on quite a few builds. Plus now with access to zr1 files you can input a lot of the air flow parameters and not have all the wired issues many have seen with 103mm. Typical to see a 103mm swap and car idle with -5 degrees of timing due to so many air flow parameters now screwed up. A 95mm that’s ported swap in some select zr1 tables and idle with 15-18 degrees of timing as it did with the 87mm. I’m making about 800whp with a 95mm on a jokerz full tilt blower with bolt ons. For the money the 95 is a no brainer at this point.
The following users liked this post:
Harbgrogan (11-30-2019)
Old 11-30-2019, 08:10 AM
Higgs Boson
Race Director

Received 2,379 Likes on 1,238 Posts

Originally Posted by lt1z350
been proven a few times now the ported 95mm will make more hp and the same tq on quite a few builds. Plus now with access to zr1 files you can input a lot of the air flow parameters and not have all the wired issues many have seen with 103mm. Typical to see a 103mm swap and car idle with -5 degrees of timing due to so many air flow parameters now screwed up. A 95mm that’s ported swap in some select zr1 tables and idle with 15-18 degrees of timing as it did with the 87mm. I’m making about 800whp with a 95mm on a jokerz full tilt blower with bolt ons. For the money the 95 is a no brainer at this point.
I think that may have been true in the early days of big TB on GenV ECMs but my 103 idles perfectly with whatever timing I want it to idle with now....it's just about knowing how the computer works. I know you have made some great progress in this respect, I wonder what your car would make by swapping to a 103 with no other changes, I bet more.
Old 10-22-2023, 01:49 PM
grecoz06
Racer

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts

Older thread but new to me. I'm having repeated NW and Katech 103TB failures. I know Soler is an option but I believe there are "work around tuning issues" I have max effort stock blower car Heads/cam/kong port/e40/headers/pulleys...

Anyone have an opinion with my build how a ported lt5 TB would do? Also planning on doing port and maggie eventually so same question on how it would work with that set up.
Old 10-23-2023, 11:25 AM
lt1z350
Advanced

Received 34 Likes on 23 Posts

I tune a lot of soler throttle body cars and have zero issues with any of them. No different for me tuning a nick williams or a soler. Actually have better luck with soler as so many new nick williams are failing. Got to love chinese electronics in them they use now. Soler also has the 100mm tb which is an over ported 95mm I ran that on my own and going to a 103mm grantelli at the time I saw zero gains on my dragy showing the 100 was making the same hp as the 103mm on a similar setup your posting. Either soler product will be just fine for you I run a soler 107mm on my car now currently. Mike has excellent products and believes in giving us the best he can offer so no cheap crap in his stuff.
Old 10-23-2023, 12:42 PM
grecoz06
Racer

Originally Posted by lt1z350
I tune a lot of soler throttle body cars and have zero issues with any of them. No different for me tuning a nick williams or a soler. Actually have better luck with soler as so many new nick williams are failing. Got to love chinese electronics in them they use now. Soler also has the 100mm tb which is an over ported 95mm I ran that on my own and going to a 103mm grantelli at the time I saw zero gains on my dragy showing the 100 was making the same hp as the 103mm on a similar setup your posting. Either soler product will be just fine for you I run a soler 107mm on my car now currently. Mike has excellent products and believes in giving us the best he can offer so no cheap crap in his stuff.
Thanks for the reply! I have another chain looking for alternatives to NW/Katech. Another tuner chimed in that Mike made some changes and now there was not a "difference" in tuning. Think I should just go with the 107 instead of the 103? I'm already max effort so I don't think I can get more boost but plan on a maggie at some point.
Old 10-24-2023, 05:07 PM
Internets_Ninja
Safety Car

Received 1,283 Likes on 844 Posts

Originally Posted by grecoz06
Thanks for the reply! I have another chain looking for alternatives to NW/Katech. Another tuner chimed in that Mike made some changes and now there was not a "difference" in tuning. Think I should just go with the 107 instead of the 103? I'm already max effort so I don't think I can get more boost but plan on a maggie at some point.

Originally Posted by grecoz06
Older thread but new to me. I'm having repeated NW and Katech 103TB failures. I know Soler is an option but I believe there are "work around tuning issues" I have max effort stock blower car Heads/cam/kong port/e40/headers/pulleys...

Anyone have an opinion with my build how a ported lt5 TB would do? Also planning on doing port and maggie eventually so same question on how it would work with that set up.
I was likely the other tuner chiming in. There are no more Soler 103/107 tuning issues. We have switched from NW and Katech over to Soler exclusively after working with Mike @ Soler to test and tune some of the changes he was making. The repeated NW and Katech failures is what prompted us to look at other options. So far, no Soler tuning issues and no Soler TB failures and we aren't looking back. Mike is a top notch and stand up guy to work with. He would jump on a conference call with us to hear our feedback and then he would turn around and send out another unit the next day to test with. His work ethic and customer service alone was impressive. Whatever changes he made are obviously unknown to anyone but him and I can't say it was only our feedback that he listened to. He works with other tuners as well. But regardless of any hiccups in the past, its a solid product now.

Last edited by Internets_Ninja; 10-24-2023 at 05:18 PM.
Old 10-24-2023, 06:39 PM
grecoz06
Racer

Originally Posted by Internets_Ninja
I was likely the other tuner chiming in. There are no more Soler 103/107 tuning issues. We have switched from NW and Katech over to Soler exclusively after working with Mike @ Soler to test and tune some of the changes he was making. The repeated NW and Katech failures is what prompted us to look at other options. So far, no Soler tuning issues and no Soler TB failures and we aren't looking back. Mike is a top notch and stand up guy to work with. He would jump on a conference call with us to hear our feedback and then he would turn around and send out another unit the next day to test with. His work ethic and customer service alone was impressive. Whatever changes he made are obviously unknown to anyone but him and I can't say it was only our feedback that he listened to. He works with other tuners as well. But regardless of any hiccups in the past, its a solid product now.
Yes sir, that was you. The only 2 options since Katech/NW are out, were either soler or ported lt5 so that's what I went back to research this weekend after this last failure. Very appreciative of your input! I purchased a 107 that I'll hopefully have next week. Excited to get feedback from my shop but mainly just excited to have a TB not die after 1k miles.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: LT5/ZR1 Throttle body dyno results