Would you buy this Z06 lemon? - Page 5 - CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

Notices
C7 Z06 Discussion General Z06 Corvette Discussion, LT4 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Would you buy this Z06 lemon?

Old 11-17-2018, 06:18 PM
  #81  
LiuBearPig
CF Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
LiuBearPig's Avatar
 
Member Since: Jul 2007
Location: Fremont CA
Posts: 233
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

looks like somebody bought it

thank you everyone who contributed their thoughts and experiences
LiuBearPig is offline  
Old 11-17-2018, 08:15 PM
  #82  
tertiumquid
CF Senior Member
 
tertiumquid's Avatar
 
Member Since: Jun 2015
Location: Cumming, GA
Posts: 236
Thanked 78 Times in 59 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by LiuBearPig View Post
looks like somebody bought it

thank you everyone who contributed their thoughts and experiences
My bet is you'll soon find the right car and be happy you waited. Life's often like that. Best of luck in your search.
tertiumquid is offline  
Old 11-18-2018, 11:44 AM
  #83  
Parcival
CF Senior Member
 
Parcival's Avatar
 
Member Since: Mar 2018
Location: San Francisco Ca
Posts: 833
Thanked 178 Times in 136 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by LiuBearPig View Post
looks like somebody bought it

thank you everyone who contributed their thoughts and experiences
someone here should thank u for putting all this detail and analysis on the car out there so he could go buy it.

Last edited by Parcival; 11-18-2018 at 02:20 PM.
Parcival is offline  
Old 11-18-2018, 02:03 PM
  #84  
Corvette ED
CF Senior Member
 
Corvette ED's Avatar
 
Member Since: Mar 2000
Location: Pottsville, PA. USA Home Of America's Oldest Brewery Yuengling
Posts: 7,581
Thanked 427 Times in 319 Posts
Default

The market is flooded with used ZO6's. You will find the right car just keep looking!!!
Corvette ED is online now  
Old 01-11-2019, 08:30 PM
  #85  
LiuBearPig
CF Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
LiuBearPig's Avatar
 
Member Since: Jul 2007
Location: Fremont CA
Posts: 233
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default



1/11/19

UPDATE

well, everybody, I’m glad to announce this story has a happy ending after all.

Today I found THE corvette for me and thanks to everybody who contributed their time and opinion, I didn’t allow myself to make the same mistakes as before. Without further delay, behold!

Last edited by LiuBearPig; 01-11-2019 at 08:31 PM.
LiuBearPig is offline  
Old 01-11-2019, 08:36 PM
  #86  
LiuBearPig
CF Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
LiuBearPig's Avatar
 
Member Since: Jul 2007
Location: Fremont CA
Posts: 233
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

When I look back at my CorvetteForum profile history spanning back to 2007 back when I was only a teenager, it feels surreal now that all the paperwork is finalized and all that I need to do is fly out to Texas and drive it back home. Today is a special moment for me and I wanted to share it with you, my fellow Corvette enthusiasts. Being able to own a Corvette Z06 has been a dream of mine for over a decade now and it’s an amazing feeling being able to realize one’s dream.
LiuBearPig is offline  
Old 01-11-2019, 08:39 PM
  #87  
Parcival
CF Senior Member
 
Parcival's Avatar
 
Member Since: Mar 2018
Location: San Francisco Ca
Posts: 833
Thanked 178 Times in 136 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by LiuBearPig View Post


1/11/19
UPDATE

well, everybody, I’m glad to announce this story has a happy ending after all.

Today I found THE corvette for me and thanks to everybody who contributed their time and opinion, I didn’t allow myself to make the same mistakes as before. Without further delay, behold!
congrats looks like you got the C7.R edition.
Parcival is offline  
Old 01-11-2019, 08:46 PM
  #88  
LiuBearPig
CF Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
LiuBearPig's Avatar
 
Member Since: Jul 2007
Location: Fremont CA
Posts: 233
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

Originally Posted by Parcival View Post

congrats looks like you got the C7.R edition.
Yessir! I didn’t even dare search for the c7r because of their price premium compared to the regular 3lz, but this one was a bargain!
LiuBearPig is offline  
Old 01-11-2019, 08:56 PM
  #89  
CalculatingInfinity
Junior Member
 
Member Since: Jul 2018
Posts: 35
Thanked 5 Times in 4 Posts
Default

I'd say it worked out quite well. Glad to see you didn't settle for a lemon. Enjoy.
CalculatingInfinity is offline  
Old 01-11-2019, 10:23 PM
  #90  
emperors61
CF Senior Member
 
Member Since: Apr 2018
Posts: 103
Thanked 11 Times in 8 Posts
Default

Congrats! I'm glad you didn't settle for a lemon as well, but just one with the same color as a lemon.
emperors61 is offline  
Old 01-11-2019, 11:27 PM
  #91  
mdolandese
CF Senior Member
 
mdolandese's Avatar
 
Member Since: Jan 2018
Location: Wauconda Il
Posts: 356
Thanks: 0
Thanked 90 Times in 74 Posts
Default

I'm glad this all worked out for you in the end!!!!!! You have one Bad *** car and I hope you have many miles and smiles to come!!! Congrats and be careful out there.
mdolandese is online now  
Old 01-12-2019, 01:52 AM
  #92  
LiuBearPig
CF Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
LiuBearPig's Avatar
 
Member Since: Jul 2007
Location: Fremont CA
Posts: 233
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

Thanks for all your kind words, everyone!


And and I prefer the term “speeding ticket yellow” as to lemon yellow! 😁
LiuBearPig is offline  
Old 01-12-2019, 02:24 AM
  #93  
Alechilliard5
CF Senior Member
 
Alechilliard5's Avatar
 
Member Since: Nov 2015
Posts: 119
Thanked 13 Times in 11 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by LiuBearPig View Post
Thanks for all your kind words, everyone!


And and I prefer the term “speeding ticket yellow” as to lemon yellow! 😁
congrats man! It’s a beautiful car! May I ask how old you are now? 🙏🏼
Alechilliard5 is offline  
Old 01-12-2019, 07:37 AM
  #94  
LiuBearPig
CF Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
LiuBearPig's Avatar
 
Member Since: Jul 2007
Location: Fremont CA
Posts: 233
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

Originally Posted by Alechilliard5 View Post


congrats man! It’s a beautiful car! May I ask how old you are now? 🙏🏼

I turn 31 this year
LiuBearPig is offline  
Old 01-12-2019, 08:44 AM
  #95  
TBF
CF Senior Member
 
Member Since: Jun 2015
Location: Spring Branch TX
Posts: 142
Thanked 11 Times in 8 Posts
Default

Congrats,

Can you give us some details on the car? What yr is it? What options does it have? How many miles does it have and how good a bargain was it? What part of TX is it in? Is it a Chevy dealer or is it a used car dealer? Did you get a full warranty or is it limited in some way?

Please send pics and give us a little cross country report as you fight the winter weather back to CA.

If you haven't driven 650 HP 650 Ft/Lb take it easy letting the clutch out.

I am very happy that you continued pursuing Americas Super Car from 18 yr/old to 31. You will be happy you kept the faith.
TBF is offline  
Old 01-12-2019, 09:28 AM
  #96  
Toddiesel
CF Senior Member
 
Member Since: Mar 2016
Location: Charleston SC
Posts: 599
Thanked 53 Times in 39 Posts
Default

Dude that's sick! And when I first suggested that other C7R you didn't think you could afford one. Glad you were able to get it man. Congrats!
Toddiesel is offline  
Old 01-12-2019, 01:08 PM
  #97  
LiuBearPig
CF Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
LiuBearPig's Avatar
 
Member Since: Jul 2007
Location: Fremont CA
Posts: 233
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

Originally Posted by TBF View Post
Congrats,

Can you give us some details on the car? What yr is it? What options does it have? How many miles does it have and how good a bargain was it? What part of TX is it in? Is it a Chevy dealer or is it a used car dealer? Did you get a full warranty or is it limited in some way?

Please send pics and give us a little cross country report as you fight the winter weather back to CA.

If you haven't driven 650 HP 650 Ft/Lb take it easy letting the clutch out.

I am very happy that you continued pursuing Americas Super Car from 18 yr/old to 31. You will be happy you kept the faith.

‘kept the faith’

I like that. I like it a lot. It has been an arduous journey from then to now. It took faith, perseverance and a lot of hard work for me to finally make this into reality.

I felt like I over-shared the information on the previous car so this time I’ll just stick to general stats:

The car is a 2016 C7.R edition manual coupe 3LZ
With those two factors, I believe it has all the available options
15,xxx miles on the odometer
Dealers asking price was $70,000 but they took $69,000
im most likely going to buy the extended warranty for 3 years 24,000 miles because the factory warranty literally expires in 8 days.

Ill be picking up this rocket in Houston and from there my lady and I will make a road trip of the return home. We’ll stop over in Dallas, Albuquerque, Grand Canyon, Los Angeles Area and from there take the Pacific Coast Highway back home to The Bay Area.


And no- I have definitely never driven anything with 650hp/650tq before. My previous car was a 2006 Lancer Evolution with ‘merely’ 289 lb/ft of torque so I’m certain this will be a huge transition. I once accidentally talked a wealthy friend of my fathers into getting a C7 A8 Stingray. I got to drive that around for a while and even that was quite a bit to handle. But I think having a manual transmission will help me stay conservative in my driving


edit: just hope there isn’t much rain. Not sure how well that would bode with the Michelin Cup 2’s

Last edited by LiuBearPig; 01-12-2019 at 01:11 PM.
LiuBearPig is offline  
Old 01-12-2019, 01:10 PM
  #98  
LiuBearPig
CF Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
LiuBearPig's Avatar
 
Member Since: Jul 2007
Location: Fremont CA
Posts: 233
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

Originally Posted by Toddiesel View Post
Dude that's sick! And when I first suggested that other C7R you didn't think you could afford one. Glad you were able to get it man. Congrats!
thanks buddy!

Good things do come to those who wait, I suppose!
LiuBearPig is offline  
Old 01-12-2019, 04:05 PM
  #99  
Parcival
CF Senior Member
 
Parcival's Avatar
 
Member Since: Mar 2018
Location: San Francisco Ca
Posts: 833
Thanked 178 Times in 136 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by LiuBearPig View Post



‘kept the faith’

I like that. I like it a lot. It has been an arduous journey from then to now. It took faith, perseverance and a lot of hard work for me to finally make this into reality.

I felt like I over-shared the information on the previous car so this time I’ll just stick to general stats:

The car is a 2016 C7.R edition manual coupe 3LZ
With those two factors, I believe it has all the available options
15,xxx miles on the odometer
Dealers asking price was $70,000 but they took $69,000
im most likely going to buy the extended warranty for 3 years 24,000 miles because the factory warranty literally expires in 8 days.

Ill be picking up this rocket in Houston and from there my lady and I will make a road trip of the return home. We’ll stop over in Dallas, Albuquerque, Grand Canyon, Los Angeles Area and from there take the Pacific Coast Highway back home to The Bay Area.


And no- I have definitely never driven anything with 650hp/650tq before. My previous car was a 2006 Lancer Evolution with ‘merely’ 289 lb/ft of torque so I’m certain this will be a huge transition. I once accidentally talked a wealthy friend of my fathers into getting a C7 A8 Stingray. I got to drive that around for a while and even that was quite a bit to handle. But I think having a manual transmission will help me stay conservative in my driving


edit: just hope there isn’t much rain. Not sure how well that would bode with the Michelin Cup 2’s
good deal I think for C7R. Amazed it was just $5k or so over what a my’16 3lz z07 with similar mileage goes for.
Parcival is offline  
Old 01-12-2019, 04:21 PM
  #100  
Toddiesel
CF Senior Member
 
Member Since: Mar 2016
Location: Charleston SC
Posts: 599
Thanked 53 Times in 39 Posts
Default

Which bay area? Frisco or Monterey? I assume Frisco,but PCH goes through the Monterey Bay too. I was stationed there back in the day when I went to language school in the early 00s.
Toddiesel is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Would you buy this Z06 lemon?


Sponsored Ads
Vendor Directory

Contact Us About Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: