C7 Z06 Discussion General Z06 Corvette Discussion, LT4 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: GEM Motorsports

Warped rotors again, GM won't fix under B2B warranty, best solution?

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2018, 09:57 PM
X25
Sr.Random input generator
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,465 Likes on 1,022 Posts

Ok, just don't visit her home if you lose an engine or something : )

Going back to the subject, this is still a simple brake issue, and I don't even think your rotors are warped. I wish you had a set of race pads handy. You could just use them daily for a while, so they could scrub the deposits when they're cold and hard (they'd not get soft enough by just daily driving), so they could clean up your rotors for you. Once cleaned up, you could then switch back, and bed in your stock pads again.

Last edited by X25; 11-12-2018 at 09:58 PM.
Old 11-13-2018, 07:07 PM
KNSBrakes
Supporting Vendor

Received 362 Likes on 284 Posts

Originally Posted by X25
Makes sense. The OEM iron rotors are not directional, which is a big factor in cooling capacity. I think you could easily mitigate the issue by switching to DBA rings or something similar. The directional tittie cool much faster. In my tests at the track with temp paint, it was in order of hundreds of degrees.
I just made a brief video on this last week - needs an edit but I'll try to post it here once it is done.
Old 11-16-2018, 09:49 AM
LagunaSecaZ06
Pro

Received 182 Likes on 87 Posts

He could just have the rotors turned. No race pads needed. The problem would be solved either short term or long term. Again, my Chevy dealership did this for free for me.

Originally Posted by X25
Ok, just don't visit her home if you lose an engine or something : )

Going back to the subject, this is still a simple brake issue, and I don't even think your rotors are warped. I wish you had a set of race pads handy. You could just use them daily for a while, so they could scrub the deposits when they're cold and hard (they'd not get soft enough by just daily driving), so they could clean up your rotors for you. Once cleaned up, you could then switch back, and bed in your stock pads again.

Last edited by LagunaSecaZ06; 11-16-2018 at 09:49 AM.
Old 11-16-2018, 09:59 AM
LagunaSecaZ06
Pro

Received 182 Likes on 87 Posts

Guys, Even if he paid to have the rotors cut for $200, it would be worth it, instead of spending $1500 for a set of rotors or rotor rings. If this didn't work, then only about $200(labor) is wasted instead if spending $1500 upfront. If cars required brake rotors for every brake pad swap, then we wouldn't have brake lathes at every corner garage in America.

Quick Reply: Warped rotors again, GM won't fix under B2B warranty, best solution?