C7 Z06 Discussion General Z06 Corvette Discussion, LT4 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: GEM Motorsports

A8 is faster than the M7 from 60-130

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2018, 08:12 PM
3 Z06ZR1
Team Owner

Received 900 Likes on 742 Posts

Originally Posted by Toddiesel
Please use more caps so I can understand... Nope, that's not PROOF. Show me a dyno of a stock auto putting down 30% more torque than a stock manual. Or really any documentation, not your random napkin math. Also, maybe let's stop trolling this thread and you can just pm me the info instead of flaming all over the forum.
Just offering the absolute proof you asked for! I cannot help it if your understanding of simple facts of how the gearing works is not there.
Facts are welcome in any thread!

Last edited by 3 Z06ZR1; 11-02-2018 at 08:13 PM.
Old 11-02-2018, 08:19 PM
Toddiesel
Drifting

Received 400 Likes on 258 Posts

Originally Posted by 3 Z06ZR1
Just offering the absolute proof you asked for! I cannot help it if your understanding of simple facts of how the gearing works is not there.
Facts are welcome in any thread!
No, you're not. Fact: the sun is 95 million miles away. That's true, but I would never expect you to believe it without supporting documentation. I could provide a dozen scientific references backing that claim up right now. You haven't done the same. Until you do, I'm not even going to dignify your inane comments with a response. Plus this ridiculous argument is completely derailing the spirit of this thread and I won't be a part of it anymore. I asked you to take this to PMs but you just HAVE to be a troll, so I won't contribute anymore. Good day to you sir, and I apologize to everyone else for having to suffer through all this.
Old 11-02-2018, 08:20 PM
3 Z06ZR1
Team Owner

Originally Posted by lordofwar
model a fords are fun to drive to,if you are old fashioned. equal power is faster on the roll just need the right driver most are clueless.what is that supposed to mean?well I am 65 years old,have owned 9 corvettes,starting with a 1962,then smallblocks,and big blocks.when I was younger and shifted all those cars.it was fun.autos were not popular because tech was not there and sticks were faster.my A8 Z is the fastest and most fun car out of all my vettes hands down.i can shift or I can leave it in auto and have a blast either way.i admit the A8 need more work to shift like a Ferrari or lambo,but it does a pretty good job for most of vette owners.look at all the drag vids here on the boards.most of them are autos because autos are faster in a drag race.
My brother had a Model A and comparing the manual in it to the C7Z06?????? HAHAHAHA! Dude Well I have owned 9 Corvettes as well. I own both the M7 Z06 and the A8.
Clueless is what most drivers are when roll racing with a manual. My Z06 runs around with 800 plus hp. Nothing like the stock Z06 at all. MY 6th gear feels like 4th used to.
Old 11-02-2018, 08:23 PM
3 Z06ZR1
Team Owner

No, you're not. Fact: the sun is 95 million miles away. That's true, but I would never expect you to believe it without supporting documentation. I could provide a dozen scientific references backing that claim up right now. You haven't done the same. Until you do, I'm not even going to dignify your inane comments with a response. Plus this ridiculous argument is completely derailing the spirit of this thread and I won't be a part of it anymore. I asked you to take this to PMs but you just HAVE to be a troll, so I won't contribute anymore. Good day to you sir, and I apologize to everyone else for having to suffer through all this.
HAHA! Your the troll here pal spewing incorrect baseless opinions. I gave the facts of the ratio's in first of each car. You can buy people books and some just eat the cover!
Feel free to move on!
Old 11-02-2018, 08:25 PM
Z0HS1CK
Race Director

Received 3,195 Likes on 2,141 Posts

If GM put a dual clutch in the C7Z, it would be substantially better and faster too.

Because they didn't, the A8 will forever be inferior to the DCT's out there. And i like how every A8 owner is hanging on to that what? .3 of a second faster in the 1/4. IN THE 1/4. Our cars aren't even drag cars lol.

Put this argument onto a road course and you'll see the auto guys back away lol. There's no winning if you're overheating

So of course they'll keep bringing up drag times and performance lol. We already know the A8 is SLIGHTLY quicker than the M7 in the 1/4.

It falls short everywhere else.
Old 11-02-2018, 08:34 PM
3 Z06ZR1
Team Owner

Originally Posted by RobGZ06
If GM put a dual clutch in the C7Z, it would be substantially better and faster too.

Because they didn't, the A8 will forever be inferior to the DCT's out there. And i like how every A8 owner is hanging on to that what? .3 of a second faster in the 1/4. IN THE 1/4. Our cars aren't even drag cars lol.

Put this argument onto a road course and you'll see the auto guys back away lol. There's no winning if you're overheating

So of course they'll keep bringing up drag times and performance lol. We already know the A8 is SLIGHTLY quicker than the M7 in the 1/4.

It falls short everywhere else.
Another non A8 owner chiming in! Comparing the Z06 A8 to others that cost much more when you don't own one and likely have never driven one further than a test drive if you did? The car is great with both transmissions. Nothing made with a DCT in the price range that compares period. Cannot keep crowing about and comparing cars that are 3-10 times
the price. Then NONE have the aftermarket of the Z06! Less dollars in the Z06 to put a stomp on any ride in the road.
Bring your DCT I'll show them taillights!

Last edited by 3 Z06ZR1; 11-02-2018 at 08:35 PM.
Old 11-02-2018, 08:46 PM
quicksupra
Intermediate

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Sure buddy they say that because it is so true since the A8 has 30 percent more TQ in 1st. The M7 is slower 0-60 one cannot change the facts with a opinion.
check the fast list for stock m7 and auto times. The 60 foot times are comparable.
Old 11-02-2018, 08:47 PM
Z0HS1CK
Race Director

Another non A8 owner chiming in! Comparing the Z06 A8 to others that cost much more when you don't own one and likely have never driven one further than a test drive if you did? The car is great with both transmissions. Nothing made with a DCT in the price range that compares period. Cannot keep crowing about and comparing cars that are 3-10 times
the price. Then NONE have the aftermarket of the Z06! Less dollars in the Z06 to put a stomp on any ride in the road.
Bring your DCT I'll show them taillights!
I actually had a feeling you would quote me. Even though i have you on ignore. Not sure why you keep replying to my posts. But i knew you would have to chime in with your shitty 2 cents.

Just because you own both the A8 and M7 doesn't make you the unbiased party to discuss any matter on both. Because you talk like the cars you have ARE THE BEST OVER EVERYONE. Someone could install a piece and nope, the one YOU HAVE ON YOUR CAR is the best. Someone could buy some nice expensive wheels but nope, the one YOU HAVE on your car is better. So really you have zero credibility on this forum, which is probably why you're blocked by a lot of people.

As far as expensive cars. Do you even know what a GTR is? That's not 3x the price of a Z and GTR guys are running similar times as Z with more weight and LESS power LOL.

Hell there are GTR times of having 0-60 times of 2.7 seconds with the factory all season tires lol. Yes it has all wheel drive but then how do you account for the less power, more weight, yet still runs 10s?

No ifs ands or buts. The A8 is trash compared to a real DCT. Doesn't matter if you tune your A8, or A8 works for your driving habits etc. DCT is a far superior trans to have, when it comes to ALL FACETS of driving. Street, course, straight line etc.

Old 11-02-2018, 09:03 PM
Oneslackr
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 225 Likes on 167 Posts

The C8 will cure the issues with the A8 by having an actual DCT. I just can't see GM sticking another old automatic in the C8.
The following users liked this post:
Z0HS1CK (11-02-2018)
Old 11-02-2018, 09:13 PM
3 Z06ZR1
Team Owner

Originally Posted by RobGZ06
I actually had a feeling you would quote me. Even though i have you on ignore. Not sure why you keep replying to my posts. But i knew you would have to chime in with your shitty 2 cents.

Just because you own both the A8 and M7 doesn't make you the unbiased party to discuss any matter on both. Because you talk like the cars you have ARE THE BEST OVER EVERYONE. Someone could install a piece and nope, the one YOU HAVE ON YOUR CAR is the best. Someone could buy some nice expensive wheels but nope, the one YOU HAVE on your car is better. So really you have zero credibility on this forum, which is probably why you're blocked by a lot of people.

As far as expensive cars. Do you even know what a GTR is? That's not 3x the price of a Z and GTR guys are running similar times as Z with more weight and LESS power LOL.

Hell there are GTR times of having 0-60 times of 2.7 seconds with the factory all season tires lol. Yes it has all wheel drive but then how do you account for the less power, more weight, yet still runs 10s?

No ifs ands or buts. The A8 is trash compared to a real DCT. Doesn't matter if you tune your A8, or A8 works for your driving habits etc. DCT is a far superior trans to have, when it comes to ALL FACETS of driving. Street, course, straight line etc.
Meltdown????? In your typically little baby style including the name calling! I forgot more about Corvettes than you know! How many blowers have you installed or headers or anything or any work???
HAHA! I dust the heavy GTR off badly already have! Plus its a huge car not a Corvette nor in the same sports car league! Plus they are old in the tooth! Wouldn't buy one period!
Next example?? That's a poor one!

Last edited by 3 Z06ZR1; 11-02-2018 at 09:18 PM.
Old 11-02-2018, 09:34 PM
Z0HS1CK
Race Director

Originally Posted by Oneslackr
The C8 will cure the issues with the A8 by having an actual DCT. I just can't see GM sticking another old automatic in the C8.
It will. And i feel bad for guys who bought the ZR1 in auto because i think that car is perfection, minus the garbage auto.

But let's hope GM dresses the C8 corvette market with variations of power, styling and of course, a REAL trans. Even if they totally eliminate the manual, then PLEASE give us a DCT.

I wanna go auto already, but not for a slushbox 8 speed found in the C7. Screw that.

Last edited by Z0HS1CK; 11-02-2018 at 09:35 PM.
Old 11-02-2018, 09:53 PM
3 Z06ZR1
Team Owner

Originally Posted by quicksupra

check the fast list for stock m7 and auto times. The 60 foot times are comparable.
Already did! You must be new to C7's? The A8's have a faster 60ft. Thus the 1/4 miles times are all A8!
Old 11-03-2018, 05:00 AM
Warp Factor
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,817 Likes on 1,085 Posts

The Manual is far more fun to drive the Auto's are boring.
Maybe to you. I'd been driving manuals for so long, that it had become automatic, and gotten boring. Might as well let the computer do it.
Does the fact that the computer automatically cracks the windows when opening the doors, or automatically controls spark timing (rather than the driver controlling it with a lever on the steering column) also make the car more boring? Not to me.

Or how about synchronized manual transmissions? They're boring too, compared to the transmissions which required double-clutching.

How many people with the M7 are driving without the active rev matching activated, because it makes the car more boring than needing to heel-and-toe rev match?

Old 11-03-2018, 09:26 AM
cv67
Team Owner

Received 3,043 Likes on 2,602 Posts
St. Jude Donor '05

One who loves either trans wont buy a car with the other over a 1/4 mi time. Both are pretty impressive, not sure what all the arguing is about.
Get out there and drive em sheesh
Old 11-03-2018, 01:28 PM
Oneslackr
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 225 Likes on 167 Posts

Originally Posted by Warp Factor
Maybe to you. I'd been driving manuals for so long, that it had become automatic, and gotten boring. Might as well let the computer do it.
Does the fact that the computer automatically cracks the windows when opening the doors, or automatically controls spark timing (rather than the driver controlling it with a lever on the steering column) also make the car more boring? Not to me.

Or how about synchronized manual transmissions? They're boring too, compared to the transmissions which required double-clutching.

How many people with the M7 are driving without the active rev matching activated, because it makes the car more boring than needing to heel-and-toe rev match?
Maybe I'm the only one, who knows, but I rarely use rev matching unless I'm out in the middle of nowhere or no one is around me (i.e. in the lane next to me). Otherwise, I don't like people looking over at me like I'm trying to be 'boy racer' or something as the car is blipping the throttle.
Old 11-03-2018, 01:35 PM
quicksupra
Intermediate

Already did! You must be new to C7's? The A8's have a faster 60ft. Thus the 1/4 miles times are all A8!
Check again at the stock list. Two of the three m7's have 1.6 sixty foot times. And these times were bettered only slightly by only 3 autos out of a multitude. There's not one auto with a 1.5 sixty. For the majority an auto will sixty better than a manual but for a few drivers they can match or even beat an auto ZO6.
Old 11-03-2018, 02:28 PM
Sub Driver
Banned Scam/Spammer

Received 3,772 Likes on 1,467 Posts

Please use more caps so I can understand... Nope, that's not PROOF. Show me a dyno of a stock auto putting down 30% more torque than a stock manual. Or really any documentation, not your random napkin math. Also, maybe let's stop trolling this thread and you can just pm me the info instead of flaming all over the forum.
I don't think you understand how gearing affects torque output. When cars are run on the dyno they do it in the gear that gives a 1:1 ratio so it better reflects the power at the engine. Gearing multiplies the engines output and will apply more or less torque at the wheels depending on the gear ratio. Hopefully this helps you understand.
https://www.hotrod.com/articles/how-gear-works/
3 Z06ZR1 (11-03-2018)

Get notified of new replies

To A8 is faster than the M7 from 60-130

Old 11-03-2018, 02:58 PM
3 Z06ZR1
Team Owner

Check again at the stock list. Two of the three m7's have 1.6 sixty foot times. And these times were bettered only slightly by only 3 autos out of a multitude. There's not one auto with a 1.5 sixty. For the majority an auto will sixty better than a manual but for a few drivers they can match or even beat an auto ZO6.
Slower than molasses the M7 is off pace of the A8's due to the gearing check the average trap also shows it as well and I don't buy those 60ft times on stock rubber with the M7. No wonder they are the only ones.
Also not everyone is bone stock a few add race gas and other tricks.
Voice of experience here! Thanks for proving the point. The A8 wins the 1/4 from the gearing.

Last edited by 3 Z06ZR1; 11-03-2018 at 03:00 PM.
Old 11-03-2018, 03:16 PM
quicksupra
Intermediate

Slower than molasses the M7 is off pace of the A8's due to the gearing check the average trap also shows it as well and I don't buy those 60ft times on stock rubber with the M7. No wonder they are the only ones.
Also not everyone is bone stock a few add race gas and other tricks.
Voice of experience here! Thanks for proving the point. The A8 wins the 1/4 from the gearing.
If you read my post it says sixty foot times of stock Zo6s. And what you "buy" is not relevant especially since I ran a 1.65 sixty with my car on stock rubber so I know its possible. I never said the auto wasn't a better choice for the 1/4 for people who cant drive. As for the title discussion if someone wants to run a stock m7 Zo6 60-130 in nj I'm available.
Z0HS1CK (11-03-2018)
Old 11-03-2018, 03:20 PM
Z0HS1CK
Race Director

If you read my post it says sixty foot times of stock Zo6s. And what you "buy" is not relevant especially since I ran a 1.65 sixty with my car on stock rubber so I know its possible. I never said the auto wasn't a better choice for the 1/4 for people who cant drive. As for the title discussion if someone wants to run a stock m7 Zo6 60-130 in nj I'm available.
Count me in on some of that fun. I'm in NJ too lol.

M7 here too.

And yes that other guy is always about me me me. His car is the best with the best parts made of gold. Anything else doesn't exist to him.

Last edited by Z0HS1CK; 11-03-2018 at 03:21 PM.
quicksupra (11-03-2018)

Quick Reply: A8 is faster than the M7 from 60-130