TVS 2650R Questions - Page 2 - CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

Notices
C7 Z06 Discussion General Z06 Corvette Discussion, LT4 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

TVS 2650R Questions

Old 11-12-2018, 06:09 AM
  #21  
Earl H
CF Senior Member
 
Earl H's Avatar
 
Member Since: Sep 2002
Location: MI
Posts: 2,932
Thanked 41 Times in 34 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by chuntington101 View Post


hmmm maybe if the bypass valve is big enough you could use the lt5 blower and feed it with the turbo?!?
Fun thought. Compound boost setups never seem to perform in real life as well as they do at the dyno. My current setup is making over 4 digits and is running 151+ trap speeds in early shake down passes. Its undergoing some changes at the moment to "simplify" things and improve performance in certain areas (e.g. short times, higher boost, times to match the power, etc.). I am very intrigued by the 2650 rotor pack performance because I just like to see us Vette guys with as many options as possible. The Gen 2 V guys have shown what a well sorted PD blower can do (e.g. full weight boost only bottom to mid 9 sec 1/4's) with some hard work and dedication...and its only a 1.9L. The 2,650 is capable of so much more. Time will tell if shops can get it to perform in the real world like it should on paper.
Earl H is offline  
Old 11-12-2018, 08:57 AM
  #22  
chuntington101
CF Senior Member
 
Member Since: Sep 2004
Posts: 2,794
Thanked 44 Times in 39 Posts
Default

I was only joking with the compound setup! Better like you say to get your setup working as intended rather than making things more complex. Also n2o is probably a better / simpler / easy option to supper fast spool. Be interesting to see your changes though!

totally agree with you on more options being better. Why wouldn’t you want more choice?
chuntington101 is online now  
Old 11-12-2018, 02:22 PM
  #23  
HessViper
CF Senior Member
 
Member Since: Aug 2018
Posts: 138
Thanked 18 Times in 16 Posts
Default

I'm going to go out on a limb and say...

this kit Chris is about to release, will be the straw that breaks the camels back, with GM deciding to allow the tune on the zr1 to be cracked.

Otherwise, GM is going to be in a world of hurt, when people who want the fastest vette, see the logic in buying a z06 and spending 25 grand, including the cooling, and having a 1000whp 1000wheel torque, McLaren, bugatti, lambo, Porsche, and zr1 killer.

A simple oil cooling kit and aftermarket zr1 like nose from competition carbon, etc, will be icing on the cake.

This will cause people to walk away from ZR1 orders, and pick up a new or used z06 instead, while obtaining better interest rates, lower insurance rates, and also much larger discounts from msrp, and still saving a tremendous amount of money over the zr1.

Mark my words, zr1's will be cracked within a month of this product launching, and GM will stop interfering with zr1 through onstar to lock them up, once they have been cracked into. They will start letting it slide.

Last edited by HessViper; 11-12-2018 at 02:26 PM.
HessViper is offline  
Old 11-12-2018, 02:52 PM
  #24  
Crawford-Racing.com
Supporting Vendor
 
Crawford-Racing.com's Avatar
 
Member Since: Dec 2017
Location: Garner North Carolina
Posts: 128
Thanked 40 Times in 25 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by chuntington101 View Post
I think with the likes of Kwong and Crawford working on it the LT5 supercharger is going to be a great performer. Will be interesting to see how the Edelbrock unit will do and what Whipple can do with the Gen 5 blower. Interesting times for the aftermarket world for the LT engines!

Crawford, what sort of control is the electronic bypass going to give? Will it literally be 100% boost control? Is this going to tie into things like traction control as well? Maybe e% as well? Sounds really interesting similar to what OEMs are doing with the turbo engines as well!
Yes, my controllers will allow a boost control curve based on various types of inputs and strategies. It can also be combined with my existing traction control system that uses the stock ABS sensors (does not interfere with ABS function) and uses the stock coils for full spark control. The electronic bypass valve gives the same precise control that the electronic turbo control systems are using. Much more control versus the older vacuum type bypass valves offered.
__________________
[email protected]
www.crawford-racing.com

Home of the CR-Fueler 100% plug and play port injection controller for all GM V8 direct injection engines.
Crawford-Racing.com is offline  
The Following User Says Thank You to Crawford-Racing.com For This Useful Post:
HessViper (11-12-2018)
Old 11-12-2018, 03:43 PM
  #25  
atljar
CF Senior Member
 
Member Since: Jul 2006
Location: Mason Ohio
Posts: 1,238
Thanked 86 Times in 72 Posts
Default

Supposedly the Maggy 2650 fits under the Stingray hood. I wonder if the Z06 hoods are tall enough to accommodate a supercharger manifold spacer that would allow for port. Im still dumbfounded that this is even an issue. Who would buy a 2650 without ability to run port?
atljar is offline  
The Following User Says Thank You to atljar For This Useful Post:
HessViper (11-12-2018)
Old 11-18-2018, 01:37 AM
  #26  
2highpsi
CF Senior Member
 
Member Since: Nov 2002
Location: MI
Posts: 161
Thanked 26 Times in 22 Posts
Default

The Maggie does fit under a Stingray hood, a stingray hood was on the Z06 in the Magnuson SEMA booth.
While port injection was indeed considered for the TVS2650R on LT engines (it will be available for other LT platforms) the trade-off of intercooler effectiveness was deemed to be of more importance on the C7 platform with several new high power DI fuel options recently released (or pending release shortly).
Port is possible, but not with maintaining the large intercooler size and a stock hood.
2highpsi is offline  
Old 11-18-2018, 01:44 AM
  #27  
2highpsi
CF Senior Member
 
Member Since: Nov 2002
Location: MI
Posts: 161
Thanked 26 Times in 22 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by HessViper View Post
I'm going to go out on a limb and say...

this kit Chris is about to release, will be the straw that breaks the camels back, with GM deciding to allow the tune on the zr1 to be cracked.

Otherwise, GM is going to be in a world of hurt, when people who want the fastest vette, see the logic in buying a z06 and spending 25 grand, including the cooling, and having a 1000whp 1000wheel torque, McLaren, bugatti, lambo, Porsche, and zr1 killer.

A simple oil cooling kit and aftermarket zr1 like nose from competition carbon, etc, will be icing on the cake.

This will cause people to walk away from ZR1 orders, and pick up a new or used z06 instead, while obtaining better interest rates, lower insurance rates, and also much larger discounts from msrp, and still saving a tremendous amount of money over the zr1.

Mark my words, zr1's will be cracked within a month of this product launching, and GM will stop interfering with zr1 through onstar to lock them up, once they have been cracked into. They will start letting it slide.
Locking the GM ECUs has nothing to do with trying to prevent people from modifying their cars, hell they probably have the biggest interest in the performance aftermarket of any manufacturer.
It's completely about Cyber Security - and preventing the car from being compromised by an undesirable source.
Hopefully they will find a means to manage the cyber security side while allowing us owners to modify as desired, but for now I'll just stick with vehicles that have the older ECU
2highpsi is offline  
Old 11-18-2018, 04:41 AM
  #28  
Mikec7z
CF Senior Member
 
Member Since: Mar 2018
Posts: 1,601
Thanked 254 Times in 206 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by 2highpsi View Post
Locking the GM ECUs has nothing to do with trying to prevent people from modifying their cars, hell they probably have the biggest interest in the performance aftermarket of any manufacturer.
It's completely about Cyber Security - and preventing the car from being compromised by an undesirable source.
Hopefully they will find a means to manage the cyber security side while allowing us owners to modify as desired, but for now I'll just stick with vehicles that have the older ECU
?

i will second that hess is likely correct. Time will tell... after all, hess put a limit of 1 month after crawfords release as a time limit.
Mikec7z is offline  
Old 11-18-2018, 08:30 AM
  #29  
Mr. Gizmo
CF Senior Member
 
Mr. Gizmo's Avatar
 
Member Since: Mar 2010
Location: St. Louis
Posts: 4,497
Thanked 242 Times in 192 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Shinobi'sZ View Post
Looking for more info from owners or tuners who have experience with this setup. What are the potential gains? How much additional work or modifications are needed to install the unit on a Z06, etc..
Thanks
i donít have experience but thinking about a magnuson for my car. The fuel pumps could be your Achilles heel for what your considering. See this thread from a Calloway owner. Especially if your car is pre 2019.

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...t-158-mph.html

Last edited by Mr. Gizmo; 11-18-2018 at 08:32 AM.
Mr. Gizmo is offline  
Old 11-18-2018, 11:06 AM
  #30  
saleen556
CF Senior Member
 
Member Since: May 2010
Posts: 1,431
Thanked 353 Times in 247 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by 2highpsi View Post
Locking the GM ECUs has nothing to do with trying to prevent people from modifying their cars, hell they probably have the biggest interest in the performance aftermarket of any manufacturer.
It's completely about Cyber Security - and preventing the car from being compromised by an undesirable source.
Hopefully they will find a means to manage the cyber security side while allowing us owners to modify as desired, but for now I'll just stick with vehicles that have the older ECU
I disagree. They donít want people tuning the cars and causing mechanical issues. Then trying to hide them and have GM cover under warranty. An obvious form of fraud thatís been going on for years. Many admit to having a second ECM to put in just to take car in for warranty work 🙄
saleen556 is online now  
Old 11-18-2018, 05:39 PM
  #31  
Mikec7z
CF Senior Member
 
Member Since: Mar 2018
Posts: 1,601
Thanked 254 Times in 206 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by saleen556 View Post


I disagree. They don’t want people tuning the cars and causing mechanical issues. Then trying to hide them and have GM cover under warranty. An obvious form of fraud that’s been going on for years. Many admit to having a second ECM to put in just to take car in for warranty work ��
ironically, by locking people out of the ecm/ecu/cpu, whatever you want to call it... then it FORCES people to do mods to their cars that are intent on staying undetected by the cars computer (or else it would throw codes and put the car into limp mode)

When someone tunes the car, the warranty is gone. GM loves when people tune their cars, as GM is off the hook for having to pay any further bills on that car, and it also increases the odds that the cars are going to break, and people have to buy more parts or have their cars put back to stock by GM service centers who know what they are doing.

By keeping the computer locked, and not letting anyone in, people are just going to create cheated sensors, and the stock ECU/ECM/CPU is going to have no EVIDENCE the car was ever modded.

Now cars will be making MORE power and GM still has to pay the bill for warranty work as GM can't detect which cars have been modified if the customer takes the mods back off and puts back on the non-cheated stock sensors.

Point being, while you disagree with him, i disagree with you. GM loves when you void your warranty. Make no mistake.

Last edited by Mikec7z; 11-18-2018 at 05:45 PM.
Mikec7z is offline  
Old 11-18-2018, 05:56 PM
  #32  
3 Z06ZR1
CF Senior Member
 
Member Since: Mar 2005
Location: salem OR
Posts: 20,943
Thanked 836 Times in 697 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Mikec7z View Post
ironically, by locking people out of the ecm/ecu/cpu, whatever you want to call it... then it FORCES people to do mods to the cars that are intended in staying undetected by the car.

When someone tunes the car, the warranty is gone. GM loves when people tune their cars, as GM is off the hook for having to pay any further bills on that car, and it also increases the odds that the cars are going to break, and people have to buy more parts or have their cars put back to stock by GM service centers who know what they are doing.

By keeping the computer locked, and not letting anyone in, people are just going to create cheated sensors, and the stock ECU/ECM/CPU is going to have no EVIDENCE the car was ever modded.

Now cars will be making MORE power and GM still has to pay the bill for warranty work as GM can't detect which cars have been modified if the customer takes the mods back off and puts back on the non-cheated stock sensors.
How does the cheating sensors work again? You were working on adjusting COT thorough the O2 sensor?? Seems an answer was out of your reach?
Tuning the car is a great tool you add the mods which then the engine needs the correct tuning correct timing and AFR etc. . Not everyone wants to run around with stock restrictions in place such as the restrictive stock filter and stock exhaust
manifolds. Just why I will not be buying a C7ZR1 over a Z06 which is tunable.
3 Z06ZR1 is offline  
Old 11-18-2018, 06:03 PM
  #33  
3 Z06ZR1
CF Senior Member
 
Member Since: Mar 2005
Location: salem OR
Posts: 20,943
Thanked 836 Times in 697 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by saleen556 View Post


I disagree. They donít want people tuning the cars and causing mechanical issues. Then trying to hide them and have GM cover under warranty. An obvious form of fraud thatís been going on for years. Many admit to having a second ECM to put in just to take car in for warranty work 🙄
Exactly! Also why the ZR1 is not tunable plus they have other new systems to protect. Real guys with mods put on them on get the professional tune and call it a day the car is mine I break it I fix it. . GM has seen everything and know how to handle false fraud claims.
3 Z06ZR1 is offline  
Old 11-18-2018, 09:51 PM
  #34  
Mikec7z
CF Senior Member
 
Member Since: Mar 2018
Posts: 1,601
Thanked 254 Times in 206 Posts
Default

the map and maf can both be cheated. One can avoid a lot of problems by keeping those sensors from reporting values above preset limits. Such cheated sensors are prevalent in the BMW and Hellcat/demon world. p0106 could be avoided with a cheated map sensor. Food for thought.

Yes i was exploring also tricking the car out of COT with a stock tune... but as you point out, that was a dead end.

A lot more than we can say for any of your posts. I can replace you with a parrot or a dell computer... memorize and repeat. When was the last time you experimented or invented or solved anything that no one else has before you?

You think the tooth fairy just drops off the good ideas, and no humans with a high enough IQ have to figure them out first? You think everyone on this planet just reads and repeats and claims that makes them intelligent?

Someone has to hit dead ends when looking for the next unnoticed unlocked door.

Last edited by Mikec7z; 11-18-2018 at 09:54 PM.
Mikec7z is offline  
Old 11-18-2018, 11:54 PM
  #35  
3 Z06ZR1
CF Senior Member
 
Member Since: Mar 2005
Location: salem OR
Posts: 20,943
Thanked 836 Times in 697 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Mikec7z View Post
the map and maf can both be cheated. One can avoid a lot of problems by keeping those sensors from reporting values above preset limits. Such cheated sensors are prevalent in the BMW and Hellcat/demon world. p0106 could be avoided with a cheated map sensor. Food for thought.

Yes i was exploring also tricking the car out of COT with a stock tune... but as you point out, that was a dead end.

A lot more than we can say for any of your posts. I can replace you with a parrot or a dell computer... memorize and repeat. When was the last time you experimented or invented or solved anything that no one else has before you?

You think the tooth fairy just drops off the good ideas, and no humans with a high enough IQ have to figure them out first? You think everyone on this planet just reads and repeats and claims that makes them intelligent?

Someone has to hit dead ends when looking for the next unnoticed unlocked door.

Feel free to leave me out of our your comments!

Last edited by 3 Z06ZR1; Yesterday at 12:20 AM.
3 Z06ZR1 is offline  
Old Yesterday, 05:40 AM
  #36  
Mikec7z
CF Senior Member
 
Member Since: Mar 2018
Posts: 1,601
Thanked 254 Times in 206 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by 3 Z06ZR1 View Post
Feel free to leave me out of our your comments!
my comments don't include you until you show up and counter everything I say, and throw your little jabs. Then when I counter you like you counter me, you aren't used to that apparently, and you make a big deal out of it every time it seems.


Mikec7z is offline  
Old Today, 12:36 AM
  #37  
chuntington101
CF Senior Member
 
Member Since: Sep 2004
Posts: 2,794
Thanked 44 Times in 39 Posts
Default

Can we keep THIS thread on topic please?!?!? Don’t want this one being closed down due to people bickering!
chuntington101 is online now  
The Following User Says Thank You to chuntington101 For This Useful Post:
rflow306 (Today)


Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Sponsored Ads
Vendor Directory

Contact Us About Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: