C7 Z06 Discussion General Z06 Corvette Discussion, LT4 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: GEM Motorsports

TVS 2650R Questions

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2018, 01:11 PM
Shinobi'sZ
Le Mans Master

Received 437 Likes on 234 Posts

Default TVS 2650R Questions

Looking for more info from owners or tuners who have experience with this setup. What are the potential gains? How much additional work or modifications are needed to install the unit on a Z06, etc..
Thanks
Old 11-08-2018, 01:23 PM
HessViper
Instructor

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

Give Crawford Racing a call, Chris does not seem to frequent the forum often enough to answer before others, who will only speculate, will answer.

According to reputable sources, he is lightyears ahead and about to release a complete package that works. He is busy making real progress at all times, so we try to avoid bothering him, but he is a very polite and knowledgeable person.
The following users liked this post:
Competition.Carbon (11-08-2018)
Old 11-08-2018, 06:52 PM
BooSSted
Drifting

Received 305 Likes on 246 Posts

The maggy design doesnt allow room for port injection, so you'll be fuel limited with that set up. 800-850whp meth dependent.
Better options if thats your end game power wise.
Old 11-08-2018, 07:00 PM
atljar
Melting Slicks

Received 380 Likes on 276 Posts

Originally Posted by BooSSted
The maggy design doesnt allow room for port injection, so you'll be fuel limited with that set up. 800-850whp meth dependent.
Better options if thats your end game power wise.
Total heresy? I've yet to See anything other than speculation about lacking ability for port. Source?
Old 11-08-2018, 07:48 PM
BooSSted
Drifting

Seen a few comments on it from SHOPS in attendance. Hopefully it isn't true, for the folks sakes who've been waiting years.
Old 11-08-2018, 08:33 PM
0Competition.Carbon
Former Vendor

Received 345 Likes on 220 Posts

I’ll update if Chris Crawford has any news. I’m in communication with him closely. LT5 2650 should be in his possession this or next week. He has all of the other nessesry parts worked out. Combo with his port injection fuel kit, this thing can actually get that magical 1000-1300whp without doing a low fuel side kit.

Looking to bolt the kit up to a 416 for my own car. I want 1000whp on E85 and best number on pump 91 reliably.

Oh yeah, boost by gear and rpm for the win! Electronic bypass valve and throttle body are keys to handle this kind of power in the low rev!

Khoa
HessViper (11-09-2018)
Old 11-08-2018, 11:58 PM
3 Z06ZR1
Team Owner

Received 900 Likes on 742 Posts

Originally Posted by Shinobi'sZ
Looking for more info from owners or tuners who have experience with this setup. What are the potential gains? How much additional work or modifications are needed to install the unit on a Z06, etc..
Thanks
All good once it hits the market sometime after MARCH! I was looking at using it about a year ago rumors of soon release were heard . I emailed Tim Clifton sales at Magnuson.
He said to use the 2300. I do think it is closer to release but people need to know it a huge power adder which will need a lot of supporting mods to do anymore than what the 2300 does. But it is the real thing for going to big hp. So I say gauge your budget or your willing ness to chase more hp.
Sometimes less expense is more value.
Old 11-09-2018, 01:48 PM
Earl H
Melting Slicks

Received 95 Likes on 72 Posts

Originally Posted by 3 Z06ZR1
All good once it hits the market sometime after MARCH! I was looking at using it about a year ago rumors of soon release were heard . I emailed Tim Clifton sales at Magnuson.
He said to use the 2300. I do think it is closer to release but people need to know it a huge power adder which will need a lot of supporting mods to do anymore than what the 2300 does. But it is the real thing for going to big hp. So I say gauge your budget or your willing ness to chase more hp.
Sometimes less expense is more value.
Thread topic is clear! Lets keep it on track.
BillY2KFRC (11-09-2018)
Old 11-09-2018, 02:43 PM
3 Z06ZR1
Team Owner

Received 900 Likes on 742 Posts

Originally Posted by Earl H
Thread topic is clear! Lets keep it on track.
All good when it comes out in march right on topic! Sorta hard to answer about what is not out yet, No one has one yet!
I might also consider one when it comes out.
Old 11-09-2018, 03:56 PM
BooSSted
Drifting

Originally Posted by Competition.Carbon
I’ll update if Chris Crawford has any news. I’m in communication with him closely. LT5 2650 should be in his possession this or next week. He has all of the other nessesry parts worked out. Combo with his port injection fuel kit, this thing can actually get that magical 1000-1300whp without doing a low fuel side kit.

Looking to bolt the kit up to a 416 for my own car. I want 1000whp on E85 and best number on pump 91 reliably.

Oh yeah, boost by gear and rpm for the win! Electronic bypass valve and throttle body are keys to handle this kind of power in the low rev!

Khoa
Crawford was one of the individuals stating there was no room for port injection. "Terrible manifold design..." "...No provisions for port injection..." "...way too low of manifold will never reach potential of rotor pack"
Old 11-09-2018, 04:01 PM
fleming23
Melting Slicks

Received 594 Likes on 408 Posts
2020 Corvette of the Year Finalist (track prepared)
C3 of Year Winner (track prepared) 2019

There had to be some compromise to get this thing to fit under the low hood. Another consideration no one seems to be making is the super low blower lid above the intercooler bricks. While the bricks are enormous, there is very little room for airflow to reach the rear of the lid. This won't matter for some, but could be a big issue for others.
HessViper (11-09-2018)
Old 11-09-2018, 06:33 PM
HessViper
Instructor

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by fleming23
There had to be some compromise to get this thing to fit under the low hood. Another consideration no one seems to be making is the super low blower lid above the intercooler bricks. While the bricks are enormous, there is very little room for airflow to reach the rear of the lid. This won't matter for some, but could be a big issue for others.
Agreed.
Old 11-09-2018, 06:40 PM
0Competition.Carbon
Former Vendor

Received 345 Likes on 220 Posts

Originally Posted by BooSSted
Crawford was one of the individuals stating there was no room for port injection. "Terrible manifold design..." "...No provisions for port injection..." "...way too low of manifold will never reach potential of rotor pack"
on a Magnuson housing unit.

All Edelbrock and Magnuson and LT5 blowers are based with TSV 2650 cores
Old 11-09-2018, 07:48 PM
rflow306
Racer

Received 99 Likes on 81 Posts

Originally Posted by Competition.Carbon

on a Magnuson housing unit.

All Edelbrock and Magnuson and LT5 blowers are based with TSV 2650 cores
Yes the magnuson housing. Hopefully they will post some horsepower numbers shortly.
Old 11-11-2018, 01:41 PM
0Crawford-Racing.com
Former Vendor

Received 62 Likes on 34 Posts

Sorry guys, been pretty crazy once we got back from SEMA getting things caught back up this week. Didn't have much time for the forum. Anybody needing to reach me can do it direct at chris@crawford-racing.com or give me a call at (919) 454-3178 and I will answer any questions.
Unfortunately the current Maggie 2650 being flashed around does not have port injector provisions, and will really limit it's capabilities. Along with it's low profile manifold design. Yes it does fit under the stock hood, but that is a huge compromise in design and performance for that. Now there is a market for the C7 guys that don't want to mess with changing the hood and only want a better blower then the stock 1.7. You will still be met with the fuel system limitations, not ideal manifold port distribution and marginal intercooling. Again if your goal is to have a blower that fits under the stock hood and is strung out on a meth crutch, then that's fine too.
One important thing everyone should ask themselves is, why would GM spend MILLIONS of dollars in design, development and tooling for body panels and the big supercharger for the LT5 ZR1, if they could just stuff the bigger 2650 rotor pack in a low profile housing and keep the same ZO6 hood? If it didn't meet their relatively small goal of 755 crank horsepower of doing such, why would anyone think that the Maggie 2650 is going to be the saving grace?
As some have mentioned, I have jumped headfirst into the LT5 2650 supercharger since it was first talked about. Some companies have seen the internal electronic bypass valve as a major hurdle, I have embraced it. We designed and built an interface (similar to our LT throttle body interface) that will allow our port injection controller's to utilize and control that bypass valve. That allows us to have precise boost control from the roots blower, we are able to limit the boost in the lower gears and as traction is limited. It still functions as intended at idle and cruise, bypassing the boost created by the compressor when it is not needed.
We gain even more control when it is combined with our spark control kit as well. Obviously we are very excited about the integrated port injection, and works perfectly with the rest of our controller kits.
The C7 ZO6 LT5 2650 kits are done, we are still finalizing fitments on the CTS-V's and ZL1's. These blowers will bolt right on to any LT4 head. The existing HPFP and DI injectors are retained. A low pressure fuel pump upgrade will be needed for 1000+ RWHP combos on E85, just as with any power adder on these platforms.
We have a variety of upper and lower pulley combinations ready to go as well. Boost levels of 20+ psi.
This is a clean sheet design of a supercharger, with not much in the lines of compromises. The potential of this thing is quite impressive.
The following 5 users liked this post by Crawford-Racing.com:
3 Z06ZR1 (11-11-2018), Competition.Carbon (11-11-2018), HessViper (11-12-2018), JHEBERT (11-11-2018), Shinobi'sZ (11-27-2018)
Old 11-11-2018, 02:59 PM
chuntington101
Melting Slicks

Received 113 Likes on 100 Posts

I think with the likes of Kwong and Crawford working on it the LT5 supercharger is going to be a great performer. Will be interesting to see how the Edelbrock unit will do and what Whipple can do with the Gen 5 blower. Interesting times for the aftermarket world for the LT engines!

Crawford, what sort of control is the electronic bypass going to give? Will it literally be 100% boost control? Is this going to tie into things like traction control as well? Maybe e% as well? Sounds really interesting similar to what OEMs are doing with the turbo engines as well!

Last edited by chuntington101; 11-11-2018 at 03:03 PM.
Old 11-11-2018, 03:02 PM
Earl H
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by Crawford-Racing.com
Sorry guys, been pretty crazy once we got back from SEMA getting things caught back up this week. Didn't have much time for the forum. Anybody needing to reach me can do it direct at chris@crawford-racing.com or give me a call at (919) 454-3178 and I will answer any questions.
Unfortunately the current Maggie 2650 being flashed around does not have port injector provisions, and will really limit it's capabilities. Along with it's low profile manifold design. Yes it does fit under the stock hood, but that is a huge compromise in design and performance for that. Now there is a market for the C7 guys that don't want to mess with changing the hood and only want a better blower then the stock 1.7. You will still be met with the fuel system limitations, not ideal manifold port distribution and marginal intercooling. Again if your goal is to have a blower that fits under the stock hood and is strung out on a meth crutch, then that's fine too.
One important thing everyone should ask themselves is, why would GM spend MILLIONS of dollars in design, development and tooling for body panels and the big supercharger for the LT5 ZR1, if they could just stuff the bigger 2650 rotor pack in a low profile housing and keep the same ZO6 hood? If it didn't meet their relatively small goal of 755 crank horsepower of doing such, why would anyone think that the Maggie 2650 is going to be the saving grace?
As some have mentioned, I have jumped headfirst into the LT5 2650 supercharger since it was first talked about. Some companies have seen the internal electronic bypass valve as a major hurdle, I have embraced it. We designed and built an interface (similar to our LT throttle body interface) that will allow our port injection controller's to utilize and control that bypass valve. That allows us to have precise boost control from the roots blower, we are able to limit the boost in the lower gears and as traction is limited. It still functions as intended at idle and cruise, bypassing the boost created by the compressor when it is not needed.
We gain even more control when it is combined with our spark control kit as well. Obviously we are very excited about the integrated port injection, and works perfectly with the rest of our controller kits.
The C7 ZO6 LT5 2650 kits are done, we are still finalizing fitments on the CTS-V's and ZL1's. These blowers will bolt right on to any LT4 head. The existing HPFP and DI injectors are retained. A low pressure fuel pump upgrade will be needed for 1000+ RWHP combos on E85, just as with any power adder on these platforms.
We have a variety of upper and lower pulley combinations ready to go as well. Boost levels of 20+ psi.
This is a clean sheet design of a supercharger, with not much in the lines of compromises. The potential of this thing is quite impressive.
Great insights Chris!
Shinobi'sZ (11-27-2018)

Get notified of new replies

To TVS 2650R Questions

Old 11-11-2018, 03:04 PM
chuntington101
Melting Slicks

Great insights Chris!
its great to see this forward thinking in the aftermarket world! And also the info to back it up as well!
HessViper (11-12-2018)
Old 11-11-2018, 03:27 PM
Earl H
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by chuntington101

its great to see this forward thinking in the aftermarket world! And also the info to back it up as well!
The guy continues to impress! He has helped me (indirectly) a great deal along in trying to get the most out of my single turbo C7 Z06 build. I look forward to seeing what he can do with the LT5 blower on the various applications that can make use of it.
HessViper (11-12-2018)
Old 11-12-2018, 03:39 AM
chuntington101
Melting Slicks

The guy continues to impress! He has helped me (indirectly) a great deal along in trying to get the most out of my single turbo C7 Z06 build. I look forward to seeing what he can do with the LT5 blower on the various applications that can make use of it.
hmmm maybe if the bypass valve is big enough you could use the lt5 blower and feed it with the turbo?!?

Quick Reply: TVS 2650R Questions