C7 Z06 Discussion General Z06 Corvette Discussion, LT4 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: GEM Motorsports

Tyler Chevrolet - Niles Michigan Dealer Vehicle Abuse

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2018, 05:27 PM
tertiumquid
Burning Brakes

Received 640 Likes on 376 Posts

Originally Posted by BMadden
This should be the final word on the subject because it's 100% correct. It's easy to tell someone you don't know on an internet forum to "get over it" when it's not your property that is being affected.
The following users liked this post:
BMadden (11-10-2018)
Old 11-10-2018, 06:29 PM
Tennispro1986
Racer

Received 59 Likes on 44 Posts

I'm young and work my *** off to afford my Z. If this happened to me I would be raising hell. To me this is the same as robbery. He took your car WITHOUT your permission. Regardless of how it was driven, he did not have permission from the owner to drive his car. The dealership should fire that tech and he should have charges pressed against him. Anyone that says "just let it go, its no big deal" does not value their property.
Harbgrogan (11-13-2018)
Old 11-10-2018, 07:10 PM
Gvnski
Racer

Received 66 Likes on 48 Posts

Originally Posted by Tennispro1986
I'm young and work my *** off to afford my Z. If this happened to me I would be raising hell. To me this is the same as robbery. He took your car WITHOUT your permission. Regardless of how it was driven, he did not have permission from the owner to drive his car. The dealership should fire that tech and he should have charges pressed against him. Anyone that says "just let it go, its no big deal" does not value their property.
Calm Down! Don't get you panties all in a wad! There was no "Robbery", if he dropped his car at the dealer for service without explicitly saying "don't drive my car" the Tech had permission for a "test drive". Per OP service advisor said it was a test drive. Did you view the video?
Old 11-10-2018, 07:19 PM
Brewster725
Heel & Toe

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

If it was me and after I went to owner and showed him the PDR and he said tough. Well then the sky is the limit for him and his a hole employee
Old 11-10-2018, 07:21 PM
tertiumquid
Burning Brakes

Received 640 Likes on 376 Posts

Originally Posted by Gvnski
Calm Down! Don't get you panties all in a wad! There was no "Robbery", if he dropped his car at the dealer for service without explicitly saying "don't drive my car" the Tech had permission for a "test drive". Per OP service advisor said it was a test drive. Did you view the video?
Why would a seat belt adjustment require a 10 minute test drive, let alone up to 94 mph?. With your logic, giving your car to the valet parking guy at the restaurant without telling him he couldn't take it out for a spin would be ok. I'm damned if I can understand why some posters seem to think lack of integrity and honesty at the dealer is acceptable... unless that's the way you lead your own life.
Harbgrogan (11-13-2018)
Old 11-10-2018, 07:36 PM
Joshinator99
Instructor

Received 39 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by Range_Rat
Point is that the car did not belong to the Service Tech. Anyone that thinks that it's "okay" or "no big deal" for the Service Tech or anyone but the owner to just take it and go out and get his/her jollies needs to get their values adjusted.

Bottom line: if something doesn't belong to you, leave it alone --- it is not yours to do with as you wish just because you can. Period.

Seems like a simple concept, but apparently there are people that just can't get that through their heads.
Spot on! Very well said.
The following 2 users liked this post by Joshinator99:
Harbgrogan (11-13-2018), spinkick (01-22-2019)
Old 11-10-2018, 07:37 PM
BMadden
Safety Car

Received 1,831 Likes on 659 Posts

Anyone on this forum who thinks taking a car in for a seat belt repair warrants a 95 mph joyride on public roads seriously needs to get their head out of their a$$!
The following 2 users liked this post by BMadden:
Harbgrogan (11-13-2018), Majorhavok (01-07-2019)
Old 11-10-2018, 07:48 PM
oemtech
Melting Slicks

Received 159 Likes on 116 Posts

Wrong answer Bozo. The dealer only has permission to test drive the car when the repair is drivablity issue.

I would be all over the tech, SA and the S Mgr.
Harbgrogan (11-13-2018)
Old 11-10-2018, 07:58 PM
RegnaR
Burning Brakes

Received 228 Likes on 193 Posts

https://www.carscoops.com/2018/11/co...itting-90-mph/

Another one
Old 11-10-2018, 08:54 PM
timmyZ06
Le Mans Master

Received 262 Likes on 215 Posts

wow someone forgot his medications this morning!!!
Old 11-10-2018, 08:59 PM
Mr. Gizmo
Le Mans Master

Received 641 Likes on 476 Posts

Originally Posted by RegnaR
its all on Facebook. Tyler Chevrolet even had a shill (a sales rep that works for tyler in another dealership (Shannon brown ) chime in and say it was a perfectly ok what the tech did. Then others jumped all over her and said 90+ mph in a 45 mph speed zone is not acceptable.

Facebook Post

Tech’s and dealers can’t get away with this kind of chit these days.

Last edited by Mr. Gizmo; 11-10-2018 at 09:03 PM.
Harbgrogan (11-13-2018)
Old 11-10-2018, 09:49 PM
Tennispro1986
Racer

If the repair does not require a test drive, then the tech temporarily stole his car. Is it okay for someone to break into your house as long as they don't steal anything? I mean no damage would be done right? I guess as long as they said sorry it would be just fine.

The manager or whoever is in charge that is justifying what happened should be held just as accountable as the tech who did it. Sounds like two pieces of **** to me.
Old 11-10-2018, 10:11 PM
Zealot
Drifting

Received 179 Likes on 108 Posts

I don't remember the particulars, whose insurance pays when the douche nozel tech wraps it around a tree or hits a school bus or whatever? Whose driving record does it hit and whose insurance rates go up?

We really need some consumer protection laws regarding dealerships and service work in this country. There are way too many people who say **** like this is OK.

Regards,
Simon
Old 11-10-2018, 11:33 PM
BMadden
Safety Car

Received 1,831 Likes on 659 Posts

Originally Posted by Tennispro1986

The manager or whoever is in charge that is justifying what happened should be held just as accountable as the tech who did it. Sounds like two pieces of **** to me.
Damn straight! I'm so lucky that the Vette tech at my dealership has been there working on my cars for over 10 years now and that I personally know the owner of the dealership. I trust them so much I take my Jaguar and Mercedes there for service as well because the tech can work on pretty much anything with an engine in it.
Old 11-11-2018, 12:01 AM
Tennispro1986
Racer

If the tech wants to go for a joyride in a corvette, he can go buy one and do that. This gentleman was a CUSTOMER, and a customer's 100k property was taken advantage of and abused. Nobody has the right to do that, and anyone on here saying it's no big deal has no appreciation for ethics and their personal property.
Harbgrogan (11-13-2018)
Old 11-11-2018, 12:29 AM
JasonAndrew
Safety Car

Received 270 Likes on 169 Posts

I agree it wasn't right, i'd be steamed too. Don't let it stress you. That was a boring video, he revved it to 4000 rpms in 4th gear to get to 90. He is truly guilty of lugging the car. Learning lesson : next time let any dealers know not to drive your car, that is a valuable lesson for us all. The car looks mean, post some more pictures.
Old 11-11-2018, 11:32 AM
Jvm728
Heel & Toe

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

everyone is entitled to their opinion. I wanted this known and out there because it was wrong, and if the dealer treated me and my car with a little respect, before and after the confrontation of this, I would have let it go. however, they way they handled it, I told them as I left, this will be all over the internet. their handling of it, especially because i spoke with the service advisor, the actual tech, and the owner of the dealership, was flat out ridiculous.

more pics of car. it is mean. I've owned it for 9 days now, 7 when the guy took it out, and he's driven it harder than me. the tires are crap in this cold weather. there is snow on the ground. i specifically took it in on Thursday because the weather was good enough. you won't catch me in city streets on sport cup 2's in 25 degree ice/snow on the roads. I bought the car at the wrong time of year, however, it was the right one for me. its now nestled under a cover in the garage.

I won't baby the thing by any means, and I've owned many fun cars at this power level or higher. to me, it was flat out irresponsible. the paperwork was closed out, the car was driven because it was tempting and he had the keys in his hand. the seatbelt tensioner software update/airbag update had no bearing on mechanical issues, and I don't need them to test my car for me without asking if anything else needs or wants to be investigated. shame on them

love the car though!

competition seats, HUD, 2LZ, suede/leather. installed v1 radar with mirror tap, black lug nuts, and a cue ball shift ****. otherwise the other mods are taken care of for me and its a beast.

Get notified of new replies

To Tyler Chevrolet - Niles Michigan Dealer Vehicle Abuse

Old 11-11-2018, 11:40 AM
HOWSER
Race Director

Received 32 Likes on 21 Posts
St. Jude Donor '09

^ That flooring looks fantastic!

Old 11-11-2018, 11:47 AM
Jvm728
Heel & Toe

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by HOWSER
^ That flooring looks fantastic!

haha. Dealer photos
Old 11-11-2018, 12:56 PM
ShagVette
Safety Car

Received 915 Likes on 426 Posts

Pretty easy for people to say no big deal when it's not their car, hell owner only had it 1 week. Think about how you felt when you finally got yours. Better yet, next time yours is in for service, tell them to just go for a spin.

Quick Reply: Tyler Chevrolet - Niles Michigan Dealer Vehicle Abuse