Notices
C7 Z06 Discussion General Z06 Corvette Discussion, LT4 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

As suspected

 
Old 11-13-2018, 07:00 PM
  #61  
BMadden
CF Senior Member
 
BMadden's Avatar
 
Member Since: Dec 2003
Location: IL
Posts: 3,198
Recieved 239 Likes on 136 Posts

Default

One of the dumbest threads in a while, but not surprising given who started it.
BMadden is online now  
The following 4 users liked this post by BMadden:
DavidC83 (11-14-2018), Harbgrogan (11-13-2018), SoCalFinest (11-14-2018), Tort (11-14-2018)
Old 11-13-2018, 07:07 PM
  #62  
dar02081961
CF Senior Member
 
Member Since: Oct 2007
Posts: 1,734
Recieved 409 Likes on 257 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by 2MCHPWR View Post
Not a Z06?
you guys are funny.
its my best friends car. 2017 z06.
We were just having fun. Not trying to upset the masses.
Ok cool...perhaps he changed the taillights to red in color and removed the red from the Z06 badges on the fender.
I didn't think of that.

We arent upset, just having fun with the nonsense.
But seriously trying to logically justify why a 650 hp car would lose ground to a car with 145 hp less in a roll on race.
The laws of physics say it aint so. Unless the C6 is modified?
dar02081961 is offline  
The following users liked this post:
Harbgrogan (11-13-2018)
Old 11-13-2018, 07:08 PM
  #63  
Warp Factor
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!
 
Warp Factor's Avatar
 
Member Since: Oct 2005
Location: Metro Detroit Michigan
Posts: 5,268
Recieved 687 Likes on 470 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Mr. Gizmo View Post
..... and kelly ann Conway is hot.
Yeah she is!!!!!!

Warp Factor is offline  
Old 11-13-2018, 07:26 PM
  #64  
dar02081961
CF Senior Member
 
Member Since: Oct 2007
Posts: 1,734
Recieved 409 Likes on 257 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Warp Factor View Post
Apparently so. My apologies.
NP, happens to the best of us.

Did you notice at freeze frame 23 seconds in video the C7Z's brake lights are on including the 3rd brake light?
At freeze frame 48 seconds the brake lights are all off including the 3rd brake light. Yet they are still red!
I thought Z06 taillights where white?

Let me guess, he swapped out the tail lights and blacked out the fender badges to bait folks into roll racing a Z06.

LOL.
dar02081961 is offline  
The following 2 users liked this post by dar02081961:
Harbgrogan (11-13-2018), Warp Factor (11-14-2018)
Old 11-13-2018, 08:28 PM
  #65  
16/C7Z
CF Senior Member
 
16/C7Z's Avatar
 
Member Since: Oct 2008
Location: NJ
Posts: 5,265
Recieved 1,205 Likes on 934 Posts
Default


Look. I can post videos too.. bolton C6Z vs stock C7Z. Not same outcome as your race.


in your race the c6z given the hit each time. 1 second hit from roll takes alot to reel in near equal match. But it will.

c7z needs driver mod. Even with horrible driving the C7Z WITH stage IiI aero gaining anyway. Clear as day.

short shift 5800 2nd vid.


I mean we can go on and on. But that video is not representative of what a C7Z does. Not for the M7..


especially not an A8.

ps. If you thought it was an A8 C7Z you would be wrong. And he also had a passenger AND short shifted the hell out of it and it still caught the C6Z with ease. An A8 wpuld have destroyed the C6Z here.


Last edited by 16/C7Z; 11-13-2018 at 09:03 PM.
16/C7Z is offline  
The following 2 users liked this post by 16/C7Z:
Harbgrogan (11-13-2018), Shinobi'sZ (12-02-2018)
Old 11-13-2018, 09:11 PM
  #66  
Mr. Gizmo
CF Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
Mr. Gizmo's Avatar
 
Member Since: Mar 2010
Location: St. Louis
Posts: 4,929
Recieved 320 Likes on 256 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by 16/C7Z View Post
https://youtu.be/0O_9yVFV1Wc

Look. I can post videos too.. bolton C6Z vs stock C7Z. Not same outcome as your race.


in your race the c6z given the hit each time. 1 second hit from roll takes alot to reel in near equal match. But it will.

c7z needs driver mod. Even with horrible driving the C7Z WITH stage IiI aero gaining anyway. Clear as day.

short shift 5800 2nd vid.


I mean we can go on and on. But that video is not representative of what a C7Z does. Not for the M7..


especially not an A8.

ps. If you thought it was an A8 C7Z you would be wrong. And he also had a passenger AND short shifted the hell out of it and it still caught the C6Z with ease. An A8 wpuld have destroyed the C6Z here.

https://youtu.be/nYexg_arsI8
yes we can go on and on. In the vids you posted the c6z pulled the c7z out of the hole then mid way the c7z did catch up. But if that race would have went on for a full mile the c7z would have needed binoculars to see the *** end of that yellow c6z.
Mr. Gizmo is offline  
Old 11-13-2018, 09:46 PM
  #67  
Mr. Gizmo
CF Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
Mr. Gizmo's Avatar
 
Member Since: Mar 2010
Location: St. Louis
Posts: 4,929
Recieved 320 Likes on 256 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by dar02081961 View Post
But seriously trying to logically justify why a 650 hp car would lose ground to a car with 145 hp less in a roll on race.
The laws of physics say it aint so. Unless the C6 is modified?
my thoughts exactly. It doesnít make sense and doesnít add up. In our minds as c7z owners we want to believe the c6zís are modified. ó I donít think they are.c

In order to sell the c7z to prospective owners the 650 hp number was the marketing beacon, but in these c7z cars in stock trim it doesnít add up.

In the law of physics c6z06 to c6zr1 138 extra horsepower got you from 0-150 mph 8tenths of a second quicker.

In the c7z06 to c7zr1 105 horsepower extra gets you from 0-150mph 4 seconds quicker.

It seems at these higher hp numbers of the c7zís and the additional aero of the c7zr1 it would take exponential increases in horsepower for that kind of improvement.

i think big brother has something going on in the tune of our c7zís. Like in the old days of the 286 intel pcís. You could buy the next generation to get improved performace or if you knew what you were doing you could open the pc up and flip a dip switch or 2 and have the improved performance.

it would be interesting to see a test of a 100percent stock a8 with a stock tune timed on a 0-150mph run. And then perform a custom tune and within an hour or 2 do the 0-150mph timed run. I bet a tune alone would get A minimum 2 seconds improvement in the car.

Last edited by Mr. Gizmo; 11-13-2018 at 10:14 PM.
Mr. Gizmo is offline  
Old 11-13-2018, 10:29 PM
  #68  
Harbgrogan
CF Member
 
Member Since: Aug 2018
Location: Bay Area, CA
Posts: 54
Recieved 7 Likes on 3 Posts
Default

The GS really held its own!
Harbgrogan is offline  
Old 11-13-2018, 10:35 PM
  #69  
saleen556
CF Senior Member
 
Member Since: May 2010
Posts: 2,100
Recieved 504 Likes on 357 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Mr. Gizmo View Post


my thoughts exactly. It doesnít make sense and doesnít add up. In our minds as c7z owners we want to believe the c6zís are modified. ó I donít think they are.c

In order to sell the c7z to prospective owners the 650 hp number was the marketing beacon, but in these c7z cars in stock trim it doesnít add up.

In the law of physics c6z06 to c6zr1 138 extra horsepower got you from 0-150 mph 8tenths of a second quicker.

In the c7z06 to c7zr1 105 horsepower extra gets you from 0-150mph 4 seconds quicker.

It seems at these higher hp numbers of the c7zís and the additional aero of the c7zr1 it would take exponential increases in horsepower for that kind of improvement.

i think big brother has something going on in the tune of our c7zís. Like in the old days of the 286 intel pcís. You could buy the next generation to get improved performace or if you knew what you were doing you could open the pc up and flip a dip switch or 2 and have the improved performance.

it would be interesting to see a test of a 100percent stock a8 with a stock tune timed on a 0-150mph run. And then perform a custom tune and within an hour or 2 do the 0-150mph timed run. I bet a tune alone would get A minimum 2 seconds improvement in the car.
Makes no difference to me but there are specs of C6 Z doing 150 in 17.7 and C7 Z in 17.1. The C7 will do it in 14 with a few bolt ons. Again a moot point for me as itís a better looking car and much better tech for me.
saleen556 is offline  
The following 2 users liked this post by saleen556:
Harbgrogan (11-14-2018), Toddiesel (11-14-2018)
Old 11-13-2018, 10:55 PM
  #70  
Mr. Gizmo
CF Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
Mr. Gizmo's Avatar
 
Member Since: Mar 2010
Location: St. Louis
Posts: 4,929
Recieved 320 Likes on 256 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by saleen556 View Post

much better tech for me.
I guess you like the technology that your c7z has that collects a whole bunch of data collection points on where You drive, how You drive to sell to insurance companies. and data on roads your car is being driven on , businesses you drive by and so gm can use that data to market to you and sell that data to businesses in the vicinity you drive by so those business can pander to you.

According to gm the data your car collects about you over a 3 year period can be sold for more then the price of the car itself.

This seems to be be an invasion of privacy and I donít recall signing any contracts when I bought my c7 allowing them to collect and resell this data for their profit.

Last edited by Mr. Gizmo; 11-13-2018 at 11:00 PM.
Mr. Gizmo is offline  
Old 11-13-2018, 11:10 PM
  #71  
16/C7Z
CF Senior Member
 
16/C7Z's Avatar
 
Member Since: Oct 2008
Location: NJ
Posts: 5,265
Recieved 1,205 Likes on 934 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Mr. Gizmo View Post


yes we can go on and on. In the vids you posted the c6z pulled the c7z out of the hole then mid way the c7z did catch up. But if that race would have went on for a full mile the c7z would have needed binoculars to see the *** end of that yellow c6z.
lol.. you mean REELED the C6Z in. Which btw is tuned has LTs and a bigger throttle body and driven wel with each gear run out? vs the stock short shifted C7Z woth Stage II aero on?

I know you hate your Z06. Why not go BACK to your C6Z? It's insane this self hating attitude toward a far superior model of the same car.

16/C7Z is offline  
The following 3 users liked this post by 16/C7Z:
Harbgrogan (11-14-2018), Lavender (11-14-2018), Toddiesel (11-14-2018)
Old 11-14-2018, 03:28 AM
  #72  
mammoth713
CF Senior Member
 
mammoth713's Avatar
 
Member Since: Mar 2010
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 1,044
Recieved 127 Likes on 79 Posts
Default

didnt even start @ same time...
mammoth713 is offline  
The following users liked this post:
Harbgrogan (11-14-2018)
Old 11-14-2018, 04:48 AM
  #73  
saleen556
CF Senior Member
 
Member Since: May 2010
Posts: 2,100
Recieved 504 Likes on 357 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Mr. Gizmo View Post


I guess you like the technology that your c7z has that collects a whole bunch of data collection points on where You drive, how You drive to sell to insurance companies. and data on roads your car is being driven on , businesses you drive by and so gm can use that data to market to you and sell that data to businesses in the vicinity you drive by so those business can pander to you.

According to gm the data your car collects about you over a 3 year period can be sold for more then the price of the car itself.

This seems to be be an invasion of privacy and I donít recall signing any contracts when I bought my c7 allowing them to collect and resell this data for their profit.
At nearly 50 Iím not concerned about big brother watching me. I also donít drive like an idiot on public roads so have nothing to fear.
saleen556 is offline  
The following users liked this post:
Harbgrogan (11-14-2018)
Old 11-14-2018, 05:14 AM
  #74  
Warp Factor
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!
 
Warp Factor's Avatar
 
Member Since: Oct 2005
Location: Metro Detroit Michigan
Posts: 5,268
Recieved 687 Likes on 470 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Mr. Gizmo View Post


I guess you like the technology that your c7z has that collects a whole bunch of data collection points on where You drive, how You drive to sell to insurance companies. and data on roads your car is being driven on , businesses you drive by and so gm can use that data to market to you and sell that data to businesses in the vicinity you drive by so those business can pander to you.
Disable the features you don't want on your OnStar account.

Warp Factor is offline  
The following users liked this post:
Harbgrogan (11-14-2018)
Old 11-14-2018, 06:30 AM
  #75  
RobGZ06
CF Senior Member
 
Member Since: Nov 2012
Posts: 3,547
Recieved 346 Likes on 290 Posts
Default

What a poor way to represent the c7z.

I think the c7z owner was sandbagging big time. That or hes scared of his car. That's 75% of its straight line performance you saw from the c7z.

but a win is a win. It didnt prove much though.
RobGZ06 is offline  
The following users liked this post:
Harbgrogan (11-14-2018)
Old 11-14-2018, 07:54 AM
  #76  
Toddiesel
CF Senior Member
 
Member Since: Mar 2016
Location: Charleston SC
Posts: 804
Recieved 84 Likes on 67 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Mr. Gizmo View Post


I guess you like the technology that your c7z has that collects a whole bunch of data collection points on where You drive, how You drive to sell to insurance companies. and data on roads your car is being driven on , businesses you drive by and so gm can use that data to market to you and sell that data to businesses in the vicinity you drive by so those business can pander to you.

According to gm the data your car collects about you over a 3 year period can be sold for more then the price of the car itself.

This seems to be be an invasion of privacy and I donít recall signing any contracts when I bought my c7 allowing them to collect and resell this data for their profit.
I thought they gathered all that info to cover up that 9/11 was an inside job?
Toddiesel is offline  
Old 11-14-2018, 09:07 AM
  #77  
Toddiesel
CF Senior Member
 
Member Since: Mar 2016
Location: Charleston SC
Posts: 804
Recieved 84 Likes on 67 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Mr. Gizmo View Post

According to gm the data your car collects about you over a 3 year period can be sold for more then the price of the car itself.
On a more serious note, I'm not sure how GM would collect any data if you don't have Onstar, and even if they did, there is 0 chance they could sell your data for that much. To put it in perspective, your ENTIRE Facebook profile (as in your ENTIRE LIFE, not just what you do for an hour a week in your car) is worth all of about 20 bucks. If you need documentation, here's just one of many results of a google search that back this data up https://adage.com/article/digital/wo...google/293042/. Feel like this is derailing the thread a bit, but since it has become just a flame fest anyway, figured it didn't matter.

Last edited by Toddiesel; 11-14-2018 at 09:09 AM. Reason: typo
Toddiesel is offline  
The following 2 users liked this post by Toddiesel:
Harbgrogan (11-14-2018), Warp Factor (11-14-2018)
Old 11-14-2018, 02:10 PM
  #78  
dar02081961
CF Senior Member
 
Member Since: Oct 2007
Posts: 1,734
Recieved 409 Likes on 257 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Mr. Gizmo View Post


my thoughts exactly. It doesn’t make sense and doesn’t add up. In our minds as c7z owners we want to believe the c6z’s are modified. — I don’t think they are.c

In order to sell the c7z to prospective owners the 650 hp number was the marketing beacon, but in these c7z cars in stock trim it doesn’t add up.

In the law of physics c6z06 to c6zr1 138 extra horsepower got you from 0-150 mph 8tenths of a second quicker.

In the c7z06 to c7zr1 105 horsepower extra gets you from 0-150mph 4 seconds quicker.

It seems at these higher hp numbers of the c7z’s and the additional aero of the c7zr1 it would take exponential increases in horsepower for that kind of improvement.

i think big brother has something going on in the tune of our c7z’s. Like in the old days of the 286 intel pc’s. You could buy the next generation to get improved performace or if you knew what you were doing you could open the pc up and flip a dip switch or 2 and have the improved performance.

it would be interesting to see a test of a 100percent stock a8 with a stock tune timed on a 0-150mph run. And then perform a custom tune and within an hour or 2 do the 0-150mph timed run. I bet a tune alone would get A minimum 2 seconds improvement in the car.
You keep basing your conclusion on the first published Car and Driver time for 0-150 for the C7 Z06.
That time has been debunked as flawed.

Look at the many 1 mile runs or 1.5 mile runs posted by several car clubs when they rent airports or close roads (ie the Texas mile).
Stock C7Z's run neck and neck with stock ZR1's.

So unless you are suggesting the C6 Z06 runs head to head with a C6 ZR1? Please give it a rest.

Last edited by dar02081961; 11-14-2018 at 02:11 PM.
dar02081961 is offline  
The following 4 users liked this post by dar02081961:
Harbgrogan (11-14-2018), MacRoadie (11-14-2018), trooper (11-14-2018), Warp Factor (11-14-2018)
Old 11-14-2018, 05:05 PM
  #79  
dar02081961
CF Senior Member
 
Member Since: Oct 2007
Posts: 1,734
Recieved 409 Likes on 257 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by dar02081961 View Post
NP, happens to the best of us.

Did you notice at freeze frame 23 seconds in video the C7Z's brake lights are on including the 3rd brake light?
At freeze frame 48 seconds the brake lights are all off including the 3rd brake light. Yet they are still red!
I thought Z06 taillights where white?

Let me guess, he swapped out the tail lights and blacked out the fender badges to bait folks into roll racing a Z06.

LOL.
Looks like the lights where on therefore the taillights would be red so my original assertion may have been wrong.
Still no explanation for the gold tag in the video and the white tag in the photos. Could be the same car, but maybe not.
So the benefit of the doubt goes to the Op.

Regardless, unless the C6Z is modified the C7Z is quicker.
dar02081961 is offline  
The following users liked this post:
Harbgrogan (11-14-2018)
Old 11-14-2018, 08:59 PM
  #80  
DSOMDream
CF Senior Member
 
DSOMDream's Avatar
 
Member Since: Oct 2005
Location: Port Charlotte Florida
Posts: 723
Likes: 0
Recieved 131 Likes on 106 Posts
Default

Giz, congrats on starting another **** storm! Paul
DSOMDream is offline  
The following users liked this post:
Mr. Gizmo (11-15-2018)

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Quick Reply: As suspected


Sponsored Ads
Vendor Directory

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: