C7 Z06 Discussion General Z06 Corvette Discussion, LT4 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: GEM Motorsports

New best 9.754 @ 143.51

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2018, 12:47 PM
NicD
Burning Brakes

Received 520 Likes on 245 Posts

Originally Posted by HNK
Great run NicD, tell us about the CPR Stewart intercooler pump upgrade. Did it help with recovery of the MAT? Easy to install or needed to beef up the electrics and improvise a bit to fit? I am running the 80mm with 10% lower, boost is 15-16psi, no cat with 1 7/8 and 103mm. I think meth is need for full potential.
Thanks! The point of the intercooler pump upgrade is to move more coolant which will transfer more heat out of the air charge and into the coolant and that means you want to partner that up with their larger heat exchanger to pull that heat back out. I also have the water expansion tank so I can run ice in it for the track which makes the intercooler pump upgrade even more beneficial. CPR has a full kit that makes it bolt right in but you do loose your front brake duct on the driver side because the pump is so large. Meth or some higher octane fuel is absolutely required to reach the full potential in this combo because of how octane limited these engines are in general.
Old 11-22-2018, 04:41 PM
2highpsi
Instructor

Received 60 Likes on 44 Posts

Nice passes - at crazy altitude no less!
Old 11-22-2018, 09:16 PM
1QUICK Z
Drifting

Received 92 Likes on 80 Posts

Originally Posted by NicD
4K so make sure you crank up the resolution since it usually doesn't do it by default!

What tuning did you do to the A8? I don't hear any drop off on the 4-5 shift. Any details would be appreciated. I'm so close to the 9's and I think cleaning up that shift will get me there. Thx man!
Old 11-23-2018, 10:01 AM
01Defense
Burning Brakes

Received 287 Likes on 187 Posts

Well a 15" rear conversion would definitely help a bit and help it hook better in tougher conditions for sure and I'm spinning the tire on the rim a solid inch or two every pass on this right now. The top end charge is ridiculous and far exceeds what the factory blower is doing for sure. For the mods I'll list them all below...

Magnuson TVS 2300
18% lower
NW 102mm TB
E50 flex fuel
Meth injection
CPR Stewart intercooler pump upgrade
CPR heat exchanger tank
CPR heat exchanger
ARH 2" Headers, no cats, factory catback
CAI
MT ET Street Rs on Forgeline 18s
Poverty Star skinnies up front
Man, this is a low 9 sec streetster in optimal DA! Congratulations!! What CAI ?
Old 11-23-2018, 10:38 AM
jstewart
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 209 Likes on 159 Posts

Last time on the dyno it was around 730 rwhp and 760 rwtq if I remember correctly and that is a standard dynojet non-inflated number.

It's an 80mm upper with an 18% lower and looking at the log files I was seeing ~188 KPA on average so that's around 12.5-13.0 psi of boost.
Damn Nic you have me second guessing my plan to use my stock blower in my next round of mods. That 2300 is really putting down the power.
Old 11-24-2018, 07:33 AM
killerv6
Instructor

Received 22 Likes on 17 Posts

Default Supercharger replacement

We had another private track rental out at Tucson Dragway yesterday and I took the C7 Z06 back out after some minor changes to see if I could set a new best. I added the larger Magnuson snout on the 2300 and the Nick Williams 102mm TB as well as CPR's high flow Stewart intercooler pump upgrade setup. I got a new best 60', new best ET, and a new best MPH that is just screaming fast for a stock engine with all of the "bolt ons" so to speak. Yeah I know the TVS 2300 is a grey area as far as being called a bolt on but it literally bolted on and just replaced the factory blower with no fuss so... The new best 60' was a 1.355 but it was actually .001 slower than my new best ET. It was pretty much dead hooking but would unload the rear tires just a bit on the 1-2 shift so I was playing with tire pressures quite a bit to see if it would help and it made some minor improvements throughout the day. The fastest pass was at the end of the day when the DA was reaching 4300 ft, I could not imagine what this thing would run at a negative DA track. And yes, I am pushing this thing hard and am at the very limit of the factory fuel system even with meth injection but ran it like this all day long and made tons of passes. The funniest part is that I finally made my official NHRA Level 6 Sportsman 7.50-9.99 licensing passes in this thing so now I don't have to dodge the track officials as much as before.

I'll have video later when I get a chance to process it but here are a few pictures...

I've been thinking about swapping the superchargers myself is it a really hard job and how long does it actually take you if it is a direct bolt on
Old 11-27-2018, 11:23 AM
NicD
Burning Brakes

Received 520 Likes on 245 Posts

Originally Posted by 1QUICK Z
What tuning did you do to the A8? I don't hear any drop off on the 4-5 shift. Any details would be appreciated. I'm so close to the 9's and I think cleaning up that shift will get me there. Thx man!
Firmed up the shifts and some shift timing adjustments among a few other things. The RPM still drops after the 4-5 shift but that's just the torque converter locking up. The biggest thing is to make sure your torque model is accurate and is not under-reporting torque to the TCM which is what a lot of people do to prevent the throttle body from closing and it's the wrong way to go about it.

Originally Posted by 01Defense
Man, this is a low 9 sec streetster in optimal DA! Congratulations!! What CAI ?
Well currently it's a halltech but it could be any cai that's on the market right now and it would do the same damn thing. The one thing I'm wanting though is a big 5" that is being worked on because that will truly give a good benefit on setups that are moving more air just like other platforms like the V2s, etc.

Originally Posted by jstewart
Damn Nic you have me second guessing my plan to use my stock blower in my next round of mods. That 2300 is really putting down the power.
The stock blower is certainly limited compared to the TVS 2300 but the stock blower is still pretty good when ported. All depends on how far you want to go.

Originally Posted by killerv6
I've been thinking about swapping the superchargers myself is it a really hard job and how long does it actually take you if it is a direct bolt on
I was on the dyno tuning a couple of cars while Joe at CPR was installing it but I would say maybe 4 hours? I really don't remember at this point as it was too long ago.
Old 11-27-2018, 02:44 PM
jstewart
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 209 Likes on 159 Posts

The stock blower is certainly limited compared to the TVS 2300 but the stock blower is still pretty good when ported. All depends on how far you want to go.

I am porting the stock blower & snout so we shall see. Don't expect you're results but hope for low 10's.

Old 11-27-2018, 03:54 PM
rflow306
Racer

Received 99 Likes on 81 Posts

Originally Posted by jstewart

I am porting the stock blower & snout so we shall see. Don't expect you're results but hope for low 10's.
A ported stock blower with supporting mods can get you in 9's in 15XX ft DA.
Old 11-28-2018, 02:17 PM
Cordes Performance Racing
Supporting Vendor

Received 1,228 Likes on 775 Posts

Originally Posted by rflow306
A ported stock blower with supporting mods can get you in 9's in 15XX ft DA.
9.49 @144x to be exact not that we have the stock blower record or anything haha.
www.facebook.com/cordesperformanceracing.com
joe@cordesperformanceracing.com
480-359-5914

The following users liked this post:
rflow306 (11-28-2018)
Old 11-28-2018, 03:25 PM
Chi-Town ZR1
Racer

Received 105 Likes on 53 Posts

awesome stuff NicD...appreciate your willingness to give us the details. Learning a lot from you!

Quick Reply: New best 9.754 @ 143.51