C7 Z06 Discussion General Z06 Corvette Discussion, LT4 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: GEM Motorsports

Weapon X visit yesterday

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2018, 10:05 AM
jstewart
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 209 Likes on 159 Posts

Default Weapon X visit yesterday

A big thanks to Ben and his crew at Weapon X for their hospitality yesterday in Cincinnati. Very nice facility and they took all the time I wanted to answer my questions about my upcoming build & tune at they're shop. Ben has probably patiently answered at least 10 e-mail inquiry's from me since June. I also got quick shipment and excellent pricing on the parts I bought and have already installed on my 2016 Z06.
The following 2 users liked this post by jstewart:
Ben@WeaponX (11-29-2018), HessViper (11-29-2018)
Old 11-29-2018, 12:09 PM
vetteZpilot
Instructor

Received 27 Likes on 23 Posts

Yes, I agree. Good people, I regularly visit even though I haven't been for a few months.
The following users liked this post:
Ben@WeaponX (11-29-2018)
Old 11-29-2018, 06:20 PM
WS6JJP
Racer

Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts

Yes Ben, Blake and the rest of the guys are good people. My wife and I have enjoyed ourselves the couples of times we’ve been down there and I like checking out all of the different projects they’re working on. I’ll have my car back down there once I get my Whipple that Ben is doing for me installed on my car.

vetteZpilot, after seeing your location it reminded me of that big water tower just off the highway that I always notice that says Florence y’all
haha
The following 2 users liked this post by WS6JJP:
Ben@WeaponX (11-29-2018), HessViper (11-29-2018)
Old 11-29-2018, 09:01 PM
Ls1fury
Advanced

Received 76 Likes on 33 Posts

I have not yet got the chance to personally meet Ben, although we have exchanged many emails and a few phone calls and he seems like a good guy.
A couple of weeks ago I had to jet on down to their shop to make an after hours delivery of my car before the first snow hit us. John was super cool and very accommodating in allowing me to drag him away from his personal life to meet me back at the shop, it was very much appreciated.
My Z06 is currently in their shop getting the 900X kit installed.
They definitely know their s#!t and left me at ease leaving my baby in their hands.
I can't wait to see and hear the final result.
Ben@WeaponX (11-29-2018)
Old 11-29-2018, 09:37 PM
Ben@WeaponX
Safety Car

Received 481 Likes on 317 Posts
St. Jude Donor '14

Originally Posted by jstewart
A big thanks to Ben and his crew at Weapon X for their hospitality yesterday in Cincinnati. Very nice facility and they took all the time I wanted to answer my questions about my upcoming build & tune at they're shop. Ben has probably patiently answered at least 10 e-mail inquiry's from me since June. I also got quick shipment and excellent pricing on the parts I bought and have already installed on my 2016 Z06.
Originally Posted by vetteZpilot
Yes, I agree. Good people, I regularly visit even though I haven't been for a few months.
Originally Posted by WS6JJP
Yes Ben, Blake and the rest of the guys are good people. My wife and I have enjoyed ourselves the couples of times we’ve been down there and I like checking out all of the different projects they’re working on. I’ll have my car back down there once I get my Whipple that Ben is doing for me installed on my car.
Always a pleasure fellas
Old 11-29-2018, 09:39 PM
Ben@WeaponX
Safety Car

Received 481 Likes on 317 Posts
St. Jude Donor '14

Originally Posted by Ls1fury
I have not yet got the chance to personally meet Ben, although we have exchanged many emails and a few phone calls and he seems like a good guy.
A couple of weeks ago I had to jet on down to their shop to make an after hours delivery of my car before the first snow hit us. John was super cool and very accommodating in allowing me to drag him away from his personal life to meet me back at the shop, it was very much appreciated.
My Z06 is currently in their shop getting the 900X kit installed.
They definitely know their s#!t and left me at ease leaving my baby in their hands.
I can't wait to see and hear the final result.
You're actually about wrapped up already Jay! Just waiting on the valve covers to get done and hit the rollers
Old 11-30-2018, 11:31 AM
snampro
Burning Brakes

Received 367 Likes on 166 Posts

what sort of upgrades are you guys getting from Weapon X?
Old 11-30-2018, 01:44 PM
jstewart
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by snampro
what sort of upgrades are you guys getting from Weapon X?
For me it is relatively mild by the standards of what they are capable of. I had already installed a AFE intake, Borla mid pipe, Fasterproms aux intercooler tank, Fasterproms thermal spacers, Fasterproms ram air duct, and a larger intercooler heat exchanger most of which I bought from Ben. Weapon X is going to install a 18% lower pulley, Catless down pipes, port the SC & snout, Install my ported 95mm TB, replace the upper pulley with a griptech, install a Alky Control pre boost injection kit with a rear tank & dyno tune the car. I really like the option Ben suggested of the rear tank which fits in one of the rear cubbys and is hidden. Never did like using my WW tank for meth injection on my 08 Vette.
The following 3 users liked this post by jstewart:
Ben@WeaponX (12-01-2018), HessViper (11-30-2018), snampro (11-30-2018)
Old 11-30-2018, 02:48 PM
timmyZ06
Le Mans Master

Received 262 Likes on 215 Posts

that build sounds like a mid 9** plus!!! Post the results!!!
HessViper (11-30-2018)
Old 12-01-2018, 11:03 AM
Ls1fury
Advanced

Received 76 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by Ben@WeaponX
You're actually about wrapped up already Jay! Just waiting on the valve covers to get done and hit the rollers
That's awesome Ben.
I'm getting super excited to see and hear the final result, damn Ohio winter is going to make it feel like forever till I can actually put it to the test. I'm ready for a total transformation in the Z's performance department....650HP just wasn't enough to get the job done .

Jstew and my build sound incredibly similar, I won't hijack his thread though.
Once mine is finished up I will go ahead and post a separate review and breakdown of parts and results, hopefully with some pictures and videos.
It should be pretty rowdy on the factory blower
Ben@WeaponX (12-01-2018)
Old 12-02-2018, 03:58 PM
jstewart
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by Ls1fury
That's awesome Ben.
I'm getting super excited to see and hear the final result, damn Ohio winter is going to make it feel like forever till I can actually put it to the test. I'm ready for a total transformation in the Z's performance department....650HP just wasn't enough to get the job done .

Jstew and my build sound incredibly similar, I won't hijack his thread though.
Once mine is finished up I will go ahead and post a separate review and breakdown of parts and results, hopefully with some pictures and videos.
It should be pretty rowdy on the factory blower
Kind of the same here. My car goes in Saturday 12/15 and I am sure with the holidays it will be sometime in January before it is done. Gonna be a long wait until warmer weather again. Had some questions about why I didn't go ahead and put LT headers on the car. Given my goals I just couldn't see the extra expense for the relatively small gain over Norco down pipes. If I was looking for over 700 HP I would go for the LT's and a cam but I am not. I felt a set of 19 X 12 rear rims and 345 30 19 Nitto NT-05 drag radials would be a better investment for track days. Better to learn how to handle what Ben & crew are going to get me now than go for more.

Last edited by jstewart; 12-02-2018 at 04:06 PM.

Get notified of new replies

To Weapon X visit yesterday

Quick Reply: Weapon X visit yesterday