C7 Z06 Discussion General Z06 Corvette Discussion, LT4 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: GEM Motorsports

CCB brake upgrade

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2018, 06:11 AM
michaeleverson
Racer

Received 52 Likes on 20 Posts

Default CCB brake upgrade

Just finished a carbon ceramic brake upgrade on my 2015 Z06. I did this strictly for the look in for the lack of brake dust. It was a very simple process. I Purchased a used set of brakes from I person on Facebook marketplace. They only had 3000 miles on them and more in perfect condition . I also bought new front brake lines from a forum vendor. The install was pretty straightforward. I did all the work on a two post lift. Starting with the front, I removed the front caliper with the brake line till attached and laid it on a cart that I had under the car and then removed the old rotor and bolted the new one in place. Then bolted on the new caliper. Once that was all installed, I removed the brake line. I unbolted the bracket from the car to make it easier to remove. Once it was off I bolted the new line in and attached it to the new caliper. Repeated this process for the other side. I lost very little brake fluid doing it this way. Maybe five or 10 drops on each side. I repeated the same process in the back. On the back you need to remove the brake lines from the old caliper first. Otherwise it will not come off the rotor. Once the caliper and rotor was off I replaced it with the new rotor and caliper. Then re-bled the brakes which just took a few minutes. Total time to do the conversion was about 2 1/2 hours.
I am very happy with the end result.
On a side note, I really like these I phone X pictures.
Mike

Last edited by michaeleverson; 12-04-2018 at 06:20 AM.
Old 12-04-2018, 06:34 AM
hcvone
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,767 Likes on 969 Posts

I have carbon ceramic brakes on all my cars except my Callaway Tahoe, and on my last 3 Corvette's, the stopping is great, but as you said the no brake dust is worth the price for me alone, on the euro cars it's a must, and yes they look fantastic on your car.

Quick Reply: CCB brake upgrade