C7 Z06 Discussion General Z06 Corvette Discussion, LT4 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: GEM Motorsports

Installed new battery.. Still no power!

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2018, 02:29 PM
1dayzpay
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Installed new battery.. Still no power!

I have a 2015 C7 Z06/Z07 I don't get to drive her too much, basicly sat the whole winter in my garage. When I went to take her out for a run, I had no power in my key fob or car. I purchased a new battery from my dealership and key fob battery. after installed battery still no power at all in car or key. maybe a fuse or relay? anyone ever have this problem? Pain in the *** getting that battery out too lol
Old 12-06-2018, 03:08 PM
Mr. Gizmo
Le Mans Master

Received 641 Likes on 476 Posts

Originally Posted by 1dayzpay
I have a 2015 C7 Z06/Z07 I don't get to drive her too much, basicly sat the whole winter in my garage. When I went to take her out for a run, I had no power in my key fob or car. I purchased a new battery from my dealership and key fob battery. after installed battery still no power at all in car or key. maybe a fuse or relay? anyone ever have this problem? Pain in the *** getting that battery out too lol
While not a c7, I did change the battery in a 2015 Malibu. There is a separate lead from the battery to the starter on that car. It was dark out when I did the work and I missed reinstalling that. Simple mistake and simple fix. I just checked my 2017 z and looks to be a similar set up as the Malibu. Make sure everything is connected up on your battery correctly.
Old 12-06-2018, 03:13 PM
dmaxx3500
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,183 Likes on 748 Posts

is the new battery ''charged''
Old 12-06-2018, 07:34 PM
SUB VETTE
SUBVETTE
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 89 Likes on 62 Posts

Does the key fob operate anything else on the car?
Old 12-06-2018, 07:50 PM
1dayzpay
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

battery is def charged.. I did it quick I'm gonna look at it again tomorrow maybe I missed something thanks for help
Old 12-06-2018, 08:49 PM
ronsc1985
Melting Slicks

Received 179 Likes on 138 Posts

Originally Posted by 1dayzpay
battery is def charged.. I did it quick I'm gonna look at it again tomorrow maybe I missed something thanks for help
Sounds like you have missed a connection when hooking up the battery or you have blown a fusible link. It has been awhile since I looked at my battery but I seem to remember fusible links right at the battery which would make sense so any short in the front of the car before the fuse box would not melt the + wire.
Old 12-06-2018, 11:23 PM
Mr. Gizmo
Le Mans Master

Received 641 Likes on 476 Posts

Originally Posted by ronsc1985
Sounds like you have missed a connection when hooking up the battery or you have blown a fusible link. It has been awhile since I looked at my battery but I seem to remember fusible links right at the battery which would make sense so any short in the front of the car before the fuse box would not melt the + wire.
i think the op missed a connection.

To the op do the lights work - headlights interior lights etc ? If those are shining real bright it’s a missed connection.

Get notified of new replies

To Installed new battery.. Still no power!

Quick Reply: Installed new battery.. Still no power!