C7 Z06 Discussion General Z06 Corvette Discussion, LT4 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: GEM Motorsports

C8--it must be tempting

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2018, 01:31 PM
Z0HS1CK
Race Director

Received 3,199 Likes on 2,143 Posts

Originally Posted by Warp Factor
For me, it's because GM doesn't have a good track record for a fist-year anything. Not that the megabuck exotics do either. Do a search on all the Ferraris that have "burned down".
were not specifically talking about the debut year but the c8 as an outcome. People think this is GM's first shot at a performance car. Mid engine yes they're not familiar with but obviously they know what they're doing now since that's how innovation and evolution works. It gets better with time and age, gm doesnt go backwards.

idk everytime I see people belittle or turn down a future model or generation, to me it sounds like insecurity. Like they have to point out right away why they wont upgrade, without even knowing what the final product will be to make them feel better about what they currently own.
Old 12-29-2018, 01:50 PM
Oneslackr
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 225 Likes on 167 Posts

Originally Posted by RobGZ06
were not specifically talking about the debut year but the c8 as an outcome. People think this is GM's first shot at a performance car. Mid engine yes they're not familiar with but obviously they know what they're doing now since that's how innovation and evolution works. It gets better with time and age, gm doesnt go backwards.

idk everytime I see people belittle or turn down a future model or generation, to me it sounds like insecurity. Like they have to point out right away why they wont upgrade, without even knowing what the final product will be to make them feel better about what they currently own.
I don't think it has anything to do with insecurity. I think people are just set in their ways & don't like change for the most part. Especially when it comes to the Vette, which has been a front engine/rear drive fixture in the American culture for the past 65 years.

I guess you & I are the only ones looking forward to/hoping for a rear mid-engine C8 with a proper DCT which isn't priced at ridiculous levels that only 1%s can afford. At least we can agree on something.
Old 12-29-2018, 02:10 PM
Z0HS1CK
Race Director

Originally Posted by Oneslackr
I don't think it has anything to do with insecurity. I think people are just set in their ways & don't like change for the most part. Especially when it comes to the Vette, which has been a front engine/rear drive fixture in the American culture for the past 65 years.

I guess you & I are the only ones looking forward to/hoping for a rear mid-engine C8 with a proper DCT which isn't priced at ridiculous levels that only 1%s can afford. At least we can agree on something.
To me it looks exactly like insecurity. I saw it for almost 2 years when i was a C6 owner looking into the C7. Everyone kept complaining and complaining about it. And i won't lie. I did say something about the rear tail lights. I still think they look bad. But that didn't stop me from owning one. I eventually moved on. And the people who were complaining about the C7 still own their C6. Only a few actually decided to move on.

Life is too short to be fixated on ONE car. If you're on a budget i understand. But if you're a Z owner, you obviously have money to play with cars within that price range. Obviously the C8 will be better than the C7. Of course we have to wait for the performance variants to get to that top tier level of performance but again, GM doesn't go backwards. The C8 will be on a totally new level in terms of the way it looks and performs. I mean i "heard" the top top tier model will be a hybrid. Gas and electric working together making 850hp?? That is astronomical. Who wouldn't want that in their life?

Yes you're right, i can not wait. I want to upgrade already. I had my Z almost 3 years and i love the car to death. It makes me smile every time i look at it, and every time i drive it.

But there is always something better. And it's around the corner with the C8. And yes i want to experience that.
Old 12-29-2018, 05:25 PM
Warp Factor
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,817 Likes on 1,085 Posts

were not specifically talking about the debut year but the c8 as an outcome.
That may not be what you are talking about. Obviously, I'm talking about something a little different.

People think this is GM's first shot at a performance car. Mid engine yes they're not familiar with but obviously they know what they're doing now since that's how innovation and evolution works. It gets better with time and age, gm doesnt go backwards.
We'll see. New transmission of a type GM has never used before, new differential, probably a new engine (rumored to be a higher-performance version of the new Cadillac turbo), new body, probably all new suspension... What could possibly go wrong?
idk everytime I see people belittle or turn down a future model or generation, to me it sounds like insecurity.
OK, you're right, those who aren't awaiting the C8 like a kid waiting for Santa Clause to come down the chimney must just be insecure. How much do I owe you for the diagnosis, Dr. Rob?

Old 12-29-2018, 05:48 PM
Cercone
Racer

Received 65 Likes on 47 Posts

Originally Posted by Oneslackr
Aw how cute, little Cercone made a funny! What's wrong, did your precious ego get hurt?

BTW:
1. You didn't answer his question. Until GM announces the pricing structure of the C8 platform everything is just pure conjecture.
2. Then you said, "I could care less how much it cost." - If you could care less then why did you bother to reply to the person wondering about the price? I guess your ego got the better of you, huh?
3. GM isn't going to throw decades of pricing structure out of the window & more than triple the price of a base model Vette so that only 1%s can afford to buy one. That would be a brilliant move on GM's part if their goal was to kill off the Vette completely.
4. There might end up being some limited production high horsepower top end model of the C8 that costs high 6 figures but not a base model in the 1st year.

Sensible people have no issues admitting that other than their opinions/speculation they don't have any concrete facts about the price, what it's going to look like exactly, how much power it will have, what it will be called, & what the various versions of the car will entail. But reasonable people are at least able to apply common sense to the pricing question & deduce that GM won't stray too far from the past as it relates to pricing the base model during the first year. If the C8 is going to be rear mid-engine only then GM isn't going to take the pricing structure of the Vette that has worked for decades, making Vettes affordable for tens of thousands of average people per year, & just scrap it all so they can build a small number of some 'boy wonder rear mid-engine' cars for a few rich people.
Sounds like you need a literature lesson on the definition of Ego. All I said is what I read from an article on this forum a few days back. I agree 180k is probably on the high end for the c8, but that’s not what the article said, it was probably a typo. Go ahead write another book, realize this is a casual internet topic or get a life.

I could care less because it’s not out yet and I don’t plan on buying it. Especially if what the c8 renderings or mule sightings are what it looks like. Then again even if it looks good I’d rather my next high end toy not be from GM, especially something completely redesigned with their build quality.

Last edited by Cercone; 12-29-2018 at 06:48 PM.
Old 12-29-2018, 06:00 PM
Z0HS1CK
Race Director

That may not be what you are talking about. Obviously, I'm talking about something a little different.
Sometimes i feel like you don't even know what you're talking about. Old age i suppose. I mean there was a time you mistaken me for mr gizmo lol. I couldn't forget that

We'll see. New transmission of a type GM has never used before, new differential, probably a new engine (rumored to be a higher-performance version of the new Cadillac turbo), new body, probably all new suspension... What could possibly go wrong?
LOL yup, because they got it right with the automatic Z06. A performance car that won't complete more than 1 lap without overheating. Not to mention those **** poor shifts. And god awful downshifts lol. Yeah whatever new transmission GM has that was never used before, it'll sure be better than the 8 speed. You learn from your mistakes right? Can't make the same mistake twice

OK, you're right, those who aren't awaiting the C8 like a kid waiting for Santa Clause to come down the chimney must just be insecure. How much do I owe you for the diagnosis, Dr. Rob?
Nah, my lesson is on the house. Just as with all the lessons i've given you the past year or so.

The least you can do is meet me on the other side when you eventually, after you lose all insecurity, upgrade to the C8.

Old 12-30-2018, 05:22 AM
Warp Factor
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Nah, my lesson is on the house. Just as with all the lessons i've given you the past year or so.

The least you can do is meet me on the other side when you eventually, after you lose all insecurity, upgrade to the C8.
Thanks. I'll find you by looking for the guy in the food court at the auto show, yammering to the ketchup dispenser about the finer points of Corvettes.
Sometimes i feel like you don't even know what you're talking about. Old age i suppose. I mean there was a time you mistaken me for mr gizmo lol. I couldn't forget that
And when I call you "Nancy", I suppose you think I've mistaken you for Nancy Pelosi.

Last edited by Warp Factor; 12-30-2018 at 08:44 AM.
Old 12-30-2018, 08:18 AM
Savoy2001
Melting Slicks

Received 2,477 Likes on 1,108 Posts

My take is this. The C8 will be fantastic. Gm has very very good world class engineering. Both Cadillac and Chevy have very good racing teams with tons of experience. Gm has been leveraging that knowledge for a long time now in the Corvette and Camaro as well as the caddy V series. They know their ****.

Each successive gen of Corvette had been better than the last and this will be no different.

As for me. I will hopefully do what I did this gen and that is pick up a very lightly used low mileage Z06 variant of this car on 3-4 years to replace my Callaway Z which I freaking love.
To me this car vs our current car is kinda like choosing an 812 super fast or a 458/488. Ones from and ones me. Both amazing cars in different ways. Neither is a bad choice.

Seeing how amazing my car is to drive it is hard for me to imagine the new car getting that much better lol. Either way I'm a fan and excited.

Last edited by Savoy2001; 12-30-2018 at 08:19 AM.
Old 12-30-2018, 09:33 AM
Z0HS1CK
Race Director

Thanks. I'll find you by looking for the guy in the food court at the auto show, yammering to the ketchup dispenser about the finer points of Corvettes.
And when I call you "Nancy", I suppose you think I've mistaken you for Nancy Pelosi.
A 3 hour edit. LOL

So that's what it's like to be old. No comeback so it takes 3 hours to add a little something lol
Old 12-30-2018, 09:35 AM
Z0HS1CK
Race Director

Originally Posted by Savoy2001
My take is this. The C8 will be fantastic. Gm has very very good world class engineering. Both Cadillac and Chevy have very good racing teams with tons of experience. Gm has been leveraging that knowledge for a long time now in the Corvette and Camaro as well as the caddy V series. They know their ****.

Each successive gen of Corvette had been better than the last and this will be no different.

As for me. I will hopefully do what I did this gen and that is pick up a very lightly used low mileage Z06 variant of this car on 3-4 years to replace my Callaway Z which I freaking love.
To me this car vs our current car is kinda like choosing an 812 super fast or a 458/488. Ones from and ones me. Both amazing cars in different ways. Neither is a bad choice.

Seeing how amazing my car is to drive it is hard for me to imagine the new car getting that much better lol. Either way I'm a fan and excited.
Mid engine, dual clutch.

That right there are 2 reasons why the C8 will be better. LIke i said, we all don't know the details. So we're all speculating and dreaming. But again, GM doesn't go backwards.

The C8, especially the performance variant, will be lights out better than the C7Z/ZR1. At least in terms of performance. The looks is subjective. But if they get it right, and the pricing right, expect all C7 prices to fall dramatically as buyers, both new and old, will now get the C8.

I know i'm on the list.
Old 12-30-2018, 09:47 AM
punky
Banned Scam/Spammer

Received 3,862 Likes on 1,912 Posts

The C8 is a highly anticipated new offering that represents a long needed change in direction for the Corvette. Another updated 50s/60s style Corvette isn't going to cut it this time around. The millions of younger automotive enthusiasts who grew up in a Fast and Furious performance environment are not looking for a C8 that is a wet dream of the satin jacket crowd. The gold bracelet wearing, exposed hairy chest, retired guy who still thinks nothing will ever be faster than a '67 tri power is not the guy that GM is marketing this new offering to. Everything changes, nothing stays the same whether some of us like it or not. It is time for Corvette to make this significant course change into the meat of the 21st century. Lets welcome it and embrace it, this is a good thing.
Old 12-30-2018, 10:17 AM
JerriVette
Race Director

Received 3,948 Likes on 2,177 Posts

Mid engine, dual clutch.

That right there are 2 reasons why the C8 will be better. LIke i said, we all don't know the details. So we're all speculating and dreaming. But again, GM doesn't go backwards.

The C8, especially the performance variant, will be lights out better than the C7Z/ZR1. At least in terms of performance. The looks is subjective. But if they get it right, and the pricing right, expect all C7 prices to fall dramatically as buyers, both new and old, will now get the C8.

I know i'm on the list.
manual grand sport c7 tracks vir at the same time as the rear mid engine dual clutch mclaren 570s so I wouldnt be so confident the c8 out of the box will track better than a c7 zr1 or a z06...i fully expect the c8 z51 like model to perform possibly a little better than the c7 grand sport say at VIR...

no offense intended but the c7 z06 and the zr1 will still kick the crap out of the c8z51 n a track..

it doesnt matter to me as i want the c8 z51 dct mrc npp fals and im figuring around the 70s ...which i could also buy a c7 z06 discounted in 2019...

as tempting as the 650 hp c7 z06 is...especially with the manual transmission etc...

i personally want something more along the lines of the upcoming c8 this time around after three new corvettes, 20 years and a couple of hundred thousand miles driving them. Truly awesome sports cars...(drag strips, auto x, road course, road rallys, cars and coffee and just daily driving..)

yes i have a gold chain..

i daily drive my corvettes and will buy myself a birthday present next year hopefully it will be the c8 z51 (40 years in the making)

should be worth a few laughs and I dont care about fitting golf clubs in the trunk....i dont play golf...

i dont own a folding lawn chair and I tend to find these disrespectful remarks about corvette ownership very troll like as people hide behind their computer keyboard...making these various remarks on the corvette forum...regarding corvette owners and the corvette itself ...kind of lame.

people who own the c7 especially the z06 have to be insulted by these Disrepectful comments but that I am sure is the intent...

comes across as if these indivuduals making such disrespectful remarks were bullied as a nerdy kid years ago and now with the interweb people are able to say some crap that in person would have gotten your @ss kicked..

if Im wrong thanjust knock it off

wtf?

edit:

(btw the traditional new generation launch extra depreciation is usually short lived and amounts to an extra five percent for the first year or two as the used car market gets a little heavy on the supply side of the equation as people rush to buy the latest and greatest generation but then it levels off)

the manual ferraris and porsches and lambos have held their pricing quite well so id eexpect c7 z06 manuals as well as grand sports and zr1 s to surprise many with their holding of their residual values @ little more than expected...as the c8 goes full on with dct technology...and just so you know im right there with you on the upcoming c8 being an awesome new revolution for corvettes...Im a huge fan of dct and rear mid engine design shift for corvettes so with that we can agree.

Last edited by JerriVette; 12-30-2018 at 10:41 AM.
The following users liked this post:
Kainedogg (12-31-2018)
Old 12-30-2018, 11:01 AM
Z0HS1CK
Race Director

Originally Posted by JerriVette

manual grand sport c7 tracks vir at the same time as the rear mid engine dual clutch mclaren 570s so I wouldnt be so confident the c8 out of the box will track better than a c7 zr1 or a z06...i fully expect the c8 z51 like model to perform possibly a little better than the c7 grand sport say at VIR...

Yeah but again, not everyone lives at the track. And you mentioned ONE track, VIR. There are other tracks out there. And everyone is not exactly running to that track to prove the naysayers wrong.

And i said the C8 performance variant will be better than the C7Z/ZR. Like i said, again, GM doesn't go backwards.

no offense intended but the c7 z06 and the zr1 will still kick the crap out of the c8z51 n a track..
It might, might not. It depends on the track, depends on the driver. But you still forget there are the high hp performance versions of the C8. The Z51 package isn't that.

it doesnt matter to me as i want the c8 z51 dct mrc npp fals and im figuring around the 70s ...which i could also buy a c7 z06 discounted in 2019...
I believe the C8 Z51, if there is such a thing might be more. I would imagine 80. Then the mid level C8 90-105, then the top tier model, whatever that's called to be 140-150k. It makes sense that way. Life is too short to wait on cars. If you want a C7Z, get one now. Then get the C8Z (whatever high hp model that is) in 3-4 years time. You then got to experience 2 amazing machines.

as tempting as the 650 hp c7 z06 is...especially with the manual transmission etc...
I agree, a manual in the C7Z was almost a must for me, because i knew how poorly the A8 performed. But with the C8, there's a DCT, so that's better. And when the time comes, i can finally say goodbye to a manual, at least in terms of corvette ownership. I may get another manual in another car, just to keep the manual alive. But DCT all the way.

i personally want something more along the lines of the upcoming c8 this time around after three new corvettes, 20 years and a couple of hundred thousand miles driving them. Truly awesome sports cars...(drag strips, auto x, road course, road rallys, cars and coffee and just daily driving..)
I believe with the C8, we can finally call it america's super car. Well next to the ford GT but the corvette was never a supercar, nor an exotic. They are getting damn close, until we finally see it, with the C8.

yes i have a gold chain..
What kind of gold? White gold? Rose gold?

i daily drive my corvettes and will buy myself a birthday present next year hopefully it will be the c8 z51 (40 years in the making)
I don't daily my corvettes but i do drive them every weekend, and i don't winter store them. So right now it was flurrying this morning but now stopped, i'm taking my car out in about an hour.

should be worth a few laughs and I dont care about fitting golf clubs in the trunk....i dont play golf...

i dont own a folding lawn chair and I tend to find these disrespectful remarks about corvette ownership very troll like as people hide behind their computer keyboard...making these various remarks on the corvette forum...regarding corvette owners and the corvette itself ...kind of lame.
I don't play golf either, such a boring sport. If it's even called a sport.

I don't go to car shows either, too boring. Usually it's just to do a meet and greet, then i have to be out. I rather be on the road driving, not sit around in a parking lot with my hood up watching people stare at the car. I get that enough being on the road.

people who own the c7 especially the z06 have to be insulted by these Disrepectful comments but that I am sure is the intent...

comes across as if these indivuduals making such disrespectful remarks were bullied as a nerdy kid years ago and now with the interweb people are able to say some crap that in person would have gotten your @ss kicked..

if Im wrong thanjust knock it off
No negative personal comments was mentioned. Unless you find me calling someone old offensive. I don't think it is. Because i'm old too, just not as old as that other guy lol.

If someone might find some posts disrespectful or offensive, based off someone's opinion, again that is insecurity that is doing that. If someone else's opinion doesn't matter, then that person reading shouldn't feel a type of way. Because if they do, that's on them, not the person making that remark. Insecurity should be left at the door when reading and posting on forums, period.

(btw the traditional new generation launch extra depreciation is usually short lived and amounts to an extra five percent for the first year or two as the used car market gets a little heavy on the supply side of the equation as people rush to buy the latest and greatest generation but then it levels off)

the manual ferraris and porsches and lambos have held their pricing quite well so id eexpect c7 z06 manuals as well as grand sports and zr1 s to surprise many with their holding of their residual values @ little more than expected...as the c8 goes full on with dct technology...and just so you know im right there with you on the upcoming c8 being an awesome new revolution for corvettes...Im a huge fan of dct and rear mid engine design shift for corvettes so with that we can agree.

Manual is dying, plain and simple. And i been a manual guy for as long as i got my license. So over 2 decades now. I never NOT owned a manual car. I always had at least 1. Now i have 2, being this late in age. Both my cars are manual. My daily driver is a manual. I love it.

But they are dying. It's not suitable for todays world. Auto's are getting much better (DUAL CLUTCH LOL).

I always been a fan of auto, regardless me saying they're no good. The A8 is no good. I love a good auto. And we're finally getting one with the DCT in the C8. Let's all be happy already.

I would have had an auto Z06 right now if the auto was better. At least like ZF better like in the hellcat. Why GM decided to do their own thing with the auto is beyond me, they could definitely have went with the ZF.

Last edited by Z0HS1CK; 12-30-2018 at 11:03 AM.
Old 12-30-2018, 11:10 AM
23/C8Z
Race Director

Received 5,761 Likes on 3,177 Posts

I'm excited to see it, sit in it as well. But I'm not excited to drive it. Not a mid engine fan. Never was. I'm 45yo and I'm thinking they're gearing this layout to appeal to the younger generation having perfected it by the time most could afford it.

I'm also very apprehensive of this new car as it it completely a NEW CAR not the next generation of corvette per say.

I would have been more excited had they snatched up some engineers and designer's from Ferrari or Porsche with all their knowledge of ME and rear engine platforms. No replacement for experience and Chevy has next to none for street going ME car equivalent to a Corvette. period.

I just hope it's not a "fad" and fades the vette into non existence over time. I feel like they could have kept the current layout forever (ie Ferrari where each new gen is more insane than last like the 812).

they're going to lose more customers than they gain after the initial "gotta have it" wears out imo.
Old 12-30-2018, 11:39 AM
Savoy2001
Melting Slicks

Received 2,477 Likes on 1,108 Posts

Mid engine, dual clutch.

I know i'm on the list.
I agree with you mostly. But when you say lights out better than c7 Z06 I have too question that. The current Z06/zr1 already hang with the world's best current me high end offerings so what can be"lights out" better? If you said incrementally better I would tend to agree. Is the 458/488 me lights out better than the 812 super fast? From what I've seen online and read the answer is no. Different driving experience yes but not lights out better. That's my take.
Old 12-30-2018, 11:57 AM
Warp Factor
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by 16/C7Z
they're going to lose more customers than they gain after the initial "gotta have it" wears out imo.
Quite possibly. It's nice to be able to take a road trip in the C7Z. A number of people attending Spring Mountain made that part of a much longer trip. Heck, my wife and I even took a 3-day camping trip. It was tight, but everything (including coolers, sleeping bags, food, and a 4 person tent) fit in the back.

Maybe the C8 will come with a fold-out roof rack?

Maybe all RobG has ever needed or desired is a spare Speedo, in case he busts out of the first one?

Last edited by Warp Factor; 12-30-2018 at 12:43 PM.
Old 12-30-2018, 12:00 PM
davepl
Le Mans Master

Received 1,500 Likes on 987 Posts

Originally Posted by Alwyn678
To a C7 ZO6 owner. Mid-Engine-FINALLY
The C7 Z06 (and ZR1) are already as fast as they can be, at least on the street, given the available traction. Only thing that would likely move me out of the current car would be AWD.

I figure when the current car is already 50/50 there's nothing to be gained from mid engine except that it frees up space for an electric front drive. And I'd take that in a heartbeat! Repeatable sub-3 second rips from every light like a Tesla but with the style and appeal of a Corvette? What's not to love?

Last edited by davepl; 12-30-2018 at 12:02 PM.

Get notified of new replies

To C8--it must be tempting

Old 12-30-2018, 12:30 PM
MSG C5
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2,680 Likes on 1,482 Posts
2022 C5 of the Year Finalist - Modified
2021 C5 of the Year Finalist - Modified
C7 of the Year - Modified Finalist 2021
Finalist 2020 C7 of the Year -- Modified
2020 C5 of the Year Finalist - Modified
C5 of Year Finalist (appearance mods) 2019
2018 C5 of Year Finalist

I'm still waiting fo the drop-dead gorgeous rendition to hit before I get excited about the C8. Like previous generations, we're in the auto rag pre-release speculation period where they create these god-awful renditions with current generation components, etc., i.e. engine vents in the front of the car when the engine is now in the rear. Stuff like that.

It has to look good before I get excited because I find many expensive, mid-engine exotics ugly. If it is drop dead sexy and it does have the performance improvements speculated, then I'm sure I will probably get the itch in 2-3 years to trade up. However, it will be hard for me to part with my new C7Z Z07/M7 as I'm having so much fun with it, especially with the ARM matched up with my Borla X-pipe. This is my first manual since driving a work truck in college and I'm really enjoying rowing the gears as I have some nice back road twisties that I enjoy. I know automatic transmission technology is now more advanced than prior generation slush boxes, but it will be tough giving up this car to trade into the C8. If all works out well, maybe I will just add to the stable.

Either way, the future is here. I fully expect a Tesla-inspired full electric version within 5 years.

Last edited by MSG C5; 12-30-2018 at 01:44 PM.
Old 12-30-2018, 01:06 PM
Warp Factor
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by MSG C5
I'm still waiting fo the drop-dead gorgeous rendition to hit before I get excited about the C8. Like previous generations, we're in the auto rag pre-release speculation period where they create these god-awful renditions with current generation components, etc., i.e. engine vents in the front of the car when the engine is now in the rear. Stuff like that.
I'm not having a problem with the looks.
Vents in the front? Many mid/rear engine cars still have one or more heat exchangers in the front.

I'm more concerned about buying a first-year anything. And I can't think of an example where a fist-year Corvette was anything close to the final development of that series.
Take the C7 Stingray, versus the Z06 and C7 ZR1 for example, or the base C6, versus the C6 Z06 and C6 ZR1.

So I'm not holding my breath for a first-year world-beater. It wouldn't even be good mainstream marketing practice, since more sales can be generated from incremental upgrades.
Old 12-30-2018, 01:28 PM
Mad Dog 24
Drifting

Location: Syracuse-Central Square New York Winer of the all Corvette race WGI 8/23!
Received 365 Likes on 257 Posts

Many of us here track our well tuned C7 Z06's against other long term manufactures of mid and rear engine hot rods. Its not a secret that many of the owners of those mid and rear engine track cars have jumped to the new Z06. Usually after being passed all day then watch the Corvette being driven to lunch from the track with the A\C and stereo blasting while there trailer queen sits! I think its going to very hard for GM to compete against their tried and true C7 immediately with the C8. Bet it will take a good 3 to 5 years to be up to the level of a well tuned C7 ZO7. Yes I plan to buy a C8 some day but surly will sit back and watch and listen well to all of you before I pull the trigger. Happy new year CF family!
The following users liked this post:
Kainedogg (12-31-2018)

Quick Reply: C8--it must be tempting