Curb rash on the front air dam; it was bound to happen - Page 2 - CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

Go Back  CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion > C7 Corvette > C7 Z06 Discussion
Reload this Page >

Curb rash on the front air dam; it was bound to happen

Notices
C7 Z06 Discussion General Z06 Corvette Discussion, LT4 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Curb rash on the front air dam; it was bound to happen

Old 01-15-2019, 09:33 AM
Toddiesel
CF Senior Member

Originally Posted by fjaphd View Post
Go to a 3 m dealer and have them install a faux carbon fiber tape-looks great is cost effective and completely covers the rash. I've done it twice!
Do NOT do this. Nothing looks cheesier than fake carbon fiber. People see it and say "oh you got the carbon fiber lip, nice! I like me some carbon fi--- wait... that's hydrocarbon. oh... *awkward silence*" It's like seeing someone's really nice engagement ring and then learning it's CZ. womp womp.
Old 01-15-2019, 09:34 AM
Toddiesel
CF Senior Member

Originally Posted by Warp Factor View Post
Wow, I guess some people are really desperate to be offended somehow!
For me, "hillbilly" and "redneck" can be expressions of fondness. Why would you assume that they must be pejorative? Now go back to starching your underpants.
Just ignore MMD. He's a total troll and just likes to stir **** up. He just got done doing it on one of my threads. Don't feed the trolls and they'll starve. I know it's hard, but if you don't respond to their posts, eventually they go away.
Old 01-15-2019, 11:29 AM
rikhek
CF Senior Member

It's a consumable piece. Treat it as such.
The Following User Says Thank You to rikhek For This Useful Post:
dar02081961 (01-15-2019)
Old 01-15-2019, 03:34 PM
pkincy
CF Senior Member

I had the same thing happen even with a front camera that I used 99.9% of the time. The 0.1% was pulling into an outdoor park parking stall to drop something off and scraped the bottom of the splitter. I have a lift so I put it on the lift and grabbed a can of gloss black and holding a piece of cardboard up to keep the spray from hitting anywhere but the bottom and bottom edge of the splitter sprayed it black. Most of my scrape was on the bottom of the splitter as the curb was low enough that the splitter didn't hit the curb head on but rode up over it and scraped the bottom.

Than I ordered that sacrificial slider thing sold by one of our vendors on the bottom of the splitter.

I haven't had a brain fart since that caused another curb encounter.

Last edited by pkincy; 01-15-2019 at 03:36 PM.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Curb rash on the front air dam; it was bound to happen

Sponsored Ads
Vendor Directory

Contact Us About Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: