C7 Z06 Discussion General Z06 Corvette Discussion, LT4 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: GEM Motorsports

Police loving the new California exhaust law

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2019, 08:43 AM
Parcival
Drifting

Received 405 Likes on 296 Posts

Didn’t realize the conservative geezers on here are so bitter abt the housing prices in California

Srsly, Ca has problems like any state but let’s put it in perspective. I lived two decades in the Northeast and I wouldn’t go back if possible. Life is sweet over here, pound for pound. If your job sucks in SC and PA it will suck here. (Geez the SC and PA guys B*tch a lot on this site!) If you make a good living in NY, it will be sweet here and you will have a bigger house. And as the Northeast enjoys a blistering snowstorm, I drove my C7Z yest in January with the targa top off in Northern California wearing a light hoodie until 5pm. When it’s a workday, I drive a convertible. So dealing with a fake ticket few and far between (had 1 total in five years that will be thrown out) and some strict exhaust laws are not really a burden to me.

For someone who actually lives in CA, I am contemplating going to ZR1 and I don’t worry for a second abt the new exhaust laws. Then again I don’t street race and my cars are stock.

Then again you can live in S Carolina, and you only worry a cop will shoot u in the back as you are running away from your unpaid ticket (in that case child support and the cop then planted a gun) warrant but on the plus side, your modded tuned C7 comes with a gift of a shotgun and Chitlins.

Last edited by Parcival; 01-20-2019 at 09:05 AM.
The following users liked this post:
Harbgrogan (01-20-2019)
Old 01-20-2019, 09:09 AM
Parcival
Drifting

Originally Posted by RobGZ06
LOL california is a joke.

That's why i said if you're not rich, living there is terrible.
yeah, like CT, NJ, MA, NY (top 5 earning states) we don’t want any riff raff around. C’mon!

Last edited by Parcival; 01-20-2019 at 09:11 AM.
Old 01-20-2019, 09:18 AM
fake
Safety Car

Received 343 Likes on 247 Posts

Who you placing in office there? Are you voting? You must be letting the illegals do your voting! It is your fault you have these laws.
Old 01-20-2019, 09:20 AM
Toddiesel
Drifting

Received 400 Likes on 258 Posts

Originally Posted by Parcival
Didn’t realize the conservative geezers on here are so bitter abt the housing prices in California

Srsly, Ca has problems like any state but let’s put it in perspective. I lived two decades in the Northeast and I wouldn’t go back if possible. Life is sweet over here, pound for pound. If your job sucks in SC and PA it will suck here. (Geez the SC and PA guys B*tch a lot on this site!) If you make a good living in NY, it will be sweet here and you will have a bigger house. And as the Northeast enjoys a blistering snowstorm, I drove my C7Z yest in January with the targa top off in Northern California wearing a light hoodie until 5pm. When it’s a workday, I drive a convertible. So dealing with a fake ticket few and far between (had 1 total in five years that will be thrown out) and some strict exhaust laws are not really a burden to me.

For someone who actually lives in CA, I am contemplating going to ZR1 and I don’t worry for a second abt the new exhaust laws. Then again I don’t street race and my cars are stock.

Then again you can live in S Carolina, and you only worry a cop will shoot u in the back as you are running away from your unpaid ticket (in that case child support and the cop then planted a gun) warrant but on the plus side, your modded tuned C7 comes with a gift of a shotgun and Chitlins.

Yeah, I'll stick to SC, thanks. Also it's middle of winter, and I'm heading out in a polo with no jacket, so it's not exactly the arctic circle around here. And I'm white, so I don't have to worry about the cops shooting me. Heard about the whole "black live matter" movement? It's not because they're running around shooting white people. And I seem to remember some CA cops treating black folks rather rough once or twice...
Old 01-20-2019, 09:35 AM
Parcival
Drifting

Originally Posted by Toddiesel

Yeah, I'll stick to SC, thanks. Also it's middle of winter, and I'm heading out in a polo with no jacket, so it's not exactly the arctic circle around here. And I'm white, so I don't have to worry about the cops shooting me. Heard about the whole "black live matter" movement? It's not because they're running around shooting white people. And I seem to remember some CA cops treating black folks rather rough once or twice...
SC is a hoot. You’re white?...White people love it there!

My wife is from there, my in-laws live there, I got married at the Charleston Place hotel.

How’s the chitlins?

Last edited by Parcival; 01-20-2019 at 09:55 AM.
Harbgrogan (01-20-2019)
Old 01-20-2019, 09:50 AM
DWillys
Burning Brakes

Received 245 Likes on 174 Posts

Once a thread has CA in the title it's just a matter of time before it goes bad.
The following 2 users liked this post by DWillys:
Harbgrogan (01-20-2019), MSG C5 (01-20-2019)
Old 01-20-2019, 10:03 AM
Parcival
Drifting

Originally Posted by fake
Who you placing in office there? Are you voting? You must be letting the illegals do your voting! It is your fault you have these laws.
though I’m not sure if I’m laughing with you or...

Last edited by Parcival; 01-20-2019 at 10:03 AM.
Harbgrogan (01-20-2019)
Old 01-20-2019, 10:12 AM
mammoth713
Melting Slicks

Received 554 Likes on 277 Posts

Originally Posted by DWillys
Once a thread has CA in the title it's just a matter of time before it goes bad.

though I’m not sure if I’m laughing with you or...

This whole off topic section of the forum is a pretty dark place.. these guys clearly like circle jerking each other about how terrible Clinton, CA, libs, and affordable healthcare are.

Let them think CA sucks.. maybe less people will move here
The following 3 users liked this post by mammoth713:
Harbgrogan (01-20-2019), Parcival (01-20-2019), pkincy (01-20-2019)
Old 01-20-2019, 10:14 AM
Z0HS1CK
Race Director

Received 3,202 Likes on 2,145 Posts

Why do cali/florida people always bring up weather as if that's the end all be all of answers to end a discussion?

And didn't cali get rocked with snow like 2 days ago? Like 100 inches???? LOL

Florida people can have a house one day, and it could be gone the next due to hurricanes.

So yeah i'll stay here in the northeast. Normal springs, normal summers, normal falls, normal winters.

Have fun with your crappy laws and possible catastrophic mother nature events that could wipe out everything
Old 01-20-2019, 10:17 AM
Z0HS1CK
Race Director

Well because this is a corvette forum, it means we're into cars. So we already won man.

The cali guys, unfortunately, can't win lol. Because as a car enthusiast, you can't win in cali LOL
Old 01-20-2019, 10:29 AM
Parcival
Drifting

Why do cali/florida people always bring up weather as if that's the end all be all of answers to end a discussion?

And didn't cali get rocked with snow like 2 days ago? Like 100 inches???? LOL

Florida people can have a house one day, and it could be gone the next due to hurricanes.

So yeah i'll stay here in the northeast. Normal springs, normal summers, normal falls, normal winters.

Have fun with your crappy laws and possible catastrophic mother nature events that could wipe out everything
Nah, no snow just rained a lot, which happens every year in the second week of January.

but it means the skiing is awesome in Tahoe and Park City!

Lol, the arguments against great climate places are always abt fear mongering- earthquakes and hurricanes and scary illegals! You’d think we live on the Mexican drug cartel region of Krakatoa and getting expensive traffic tickets every week, the way you geezers talk.

Once I could put several cars in the garage, the missing piece was being somewhere I could enjoy them.

Last edited by Parcival; 01-20-2019 at 10:37 AM.
Harbgrogan (01-20-2019)
Old 01-20-2019, 10:44 AM
Parcival
Drifting

Well because this is a corvette forum, it means we're into cars. So we already won man.

The cali guys, unfortunately, can't win lol. Because as a car enthusiast, you can't win in cali LOL
i only got your part about “we’re into cars.” Guess you’re including the entire CF forum in your views. Or it’s the royal “we.”

We can disagree that car enthusiasts lose in California. For example, This place is literally around the corner from my house so today I see 720S, F40, 355 Challenge Stradale version, Aventador, GT2, ‘65 Mustang modded by Ridler prize winner...
https://sanfranciscosportscars.com/

Last edited by Parcival; 01-20-2019 at 10:56 AM.
Harbgrogan (01-20-2019)
Old 01-20-2019, 10:46 AM
DWillys
Burning Brakes

Skiing? Go to the beach instead.
Old 01-20-2019, 12:53 PM
Z0HS1CK
Race Director

i only got your part about “we’re into cars.” Guess you’re including the entire CF forum in your views. Or it’s the royal “we.”

We can disagree that car enthusiasts lose in California. For example, This place is literally around the corner from my house so today I see 720S, F40, 355 Challenge Stradale version, Aventador, GT2, ‘65 Mustang modded by Ridler prize winner...
https://sanfranciscosportscars.com/

What about endless traffic (LA traffic? come on now lol), your lack of good quality gas, and now this exhaust law. lol

Your state wasn't branded communfornia for nothing lol

Never said you couldn't enjoy your cars, unless you like leaving everything stock. And that's boring to a CAR ENTHUSIAST.

Last edited by Z0HS1CK; 01-20-2019 at 12:53 PM.
Old 01-20-2019, 01:01 PM
Toddiesel
Drifting

Never said you couldn't enjoy your cars, unless you like leaving everything stock. And that's boring to a CAR ENTHUSIAST.
100% agree, but @Parcival already said he leaves his cars stock, so what we're saying is falling on deaf ears. CA is a real love hate state, he (and plenty others) love it, and you and I (and plenty others) hate. While we may wish it would break off and fall into the sea, the people that enjoy living there have that right since this IS Merka. Let's all try to keep our posts civil (no amount of "lol"s makes **** talking civil) as we're all on here because we love our vettes and that's our common bond. Let's not all become trolls (I'm certainly as guilty as anyone else)

Last edited by Toddiesel; 01-20-2019 at 01:01 PM.
The following 2 users liked this post by Toddiesel:
cdh027 (01-20-2019), DWillys (01-20-2019)
Old 01-20-2019, 02:36 PM
pkincy
Safety Car

Received 645 Likes on 485 Posts

So true, I must leave this horrible place. I was thinking of that as I drove to and from the golf course yesterday and today with the top down in my shirtsleeves marveling at the 74 degree sunshiny day. It is so horrible as I arrived at my tiny home. Only 1700 square feet! I can't imagine how I can survive without the 3500 square feet I had in hurricane alley just North of Galveston, Texas or the 3200 square foot house I had in Scottsdale, Az. Lord knows you need those big houses when the weather is 122 deg in the shade or 100 deg with 100% humidity and you have to stay inside. Or worse live in a state where you have to put your Corvette on blocks in November until April. And I am going to have start a penny jar so I can pay these exorbitant registration fees we have out here. Or maybe start a GoFundMe page? Lordy or maybe buy a C8 GS rather than a C8Z06 in a few years. But sacrifices are sometimes necessary.

Seriously, I understand how much you love your hood. And those of us in California really appreciate it that you love it so much that you would never consider moving here. Frankly we have too darn many neighbors already. And the thought of some folks becoming price and tax refugees and going elsewhere is simply music to our ears.

Actually I pulled the tax refugee thing at the peak of my career and moved to LV because of the rather exorbitant progressive tax system we have in California that gets pretty bad for those that have what might be considered a nice income. I liked the no income tax and the very reasonable housing costs and the vibrant car community. But LV does have its seedier side and soon we moved to our house in Scottsdale and did that while working for about 5 years. However having to wear a dark suit and a starched shirt and get in your 160 deg F car several times a day to visit a different client got old fast. Sometimes the grass is greener on your neighbors yard doesn't work out like you think. Houston had no income tax and some of the world's nicest people but gosh, who decided to build it in a swamp? Arizona has a working government that is really good at providing societal services at a reasonable cost with good value in housing. And they mostly lean right, but still you have to wonder why they built their biggest 2 cities in a blast furnace.

No place is perfect but having a comfortable nest and good friends and family is enough to make anywhere home. And don't forget to wave. I see the most amazed looks on peoples faces when I wave at them while they are driving their Corvettes around. What planet have they been living on to not know to wave?
Harbgrogan (01-20-2019)
Old 01-20-2019, 02:55 PM
Toddiesel
Drifting

Soooooooooo my post is just completely ignored. We're all gonna troll each other. Awesome. And Bo, Charleston has just as nice weather as SD. And I agree (though I know you're being facetious) that a 1700 ft home is pretty tiny, especially if you have kids (which, thank god, i don't). Mine is double that size and I guarantee I paid less than half of what you paid for yours. Every location has its ups and downs. Let's all just agree to disagree and stop being dicks to one another, yeah?

Last edited by Toddiesel; 01-20-2019 at 02:56 PM.
Old 01-20-2019, 03:17 PM
Z0HS1CK
Race Director

Soooooooooo my post is just completely ignored. We're all gonna troll each other. Awesome. And Bo, Charleston has just as nice weather as SD. And I agree (though I know you're being facetious) that a 1700 ft home is pretty tiny, especially if you have kids (which, thank god, i don't). Mine is double that size and I guarantee I paid less than half of what you paid for yours. Every location has its ups and downs. Let's all just agree to disagree and stop being dicks to one another, yeah?
lol Exactly that too.

There is no perfect place to live. And if there is, it isn't in the united states.

But like i said, cali is only great, if you're rich. It's the only way to benefit everything else while you're being subdued by all the negatives of living there.

And weather isn't the answer. The air quality there isn't exactly great either. And what about droughts? Earthquakes??

I mean i can keep going and going lol.

But i forgot, let's not nitpick locations. Enjoy where you're at

Old 01-20-2019, 06:55 PM
DWillys
Burning Brakes

One nice thing in Nor Cal is one of the best Chevrolet Corvette service departments in the country is just a short drive away.

Quick Reply: Police loving the new California exhaust law