C7 Z06 Discussion General Z06 Corvette Discussion, LT4 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: GEM Motorsports

My dream has come true

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2019, 04:56 PM
Oneslackr
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 225 Likes on 167 Posts

Originally Posted by Zeppelin654
Thank you!! I haven't driven it more than ten miles so far (and that was the test drive so I really didn't get on it), but I will say its a huge improvement in looks (although I still have a soft spot for a clean c5 frc or z06) and the interior quality/luxury feel is worlds above the c5, especially the seats and radio. The only thing I don't like is; the c5 felt like you were sitting on the ground and it felt like a race car, was lighter, and more minimalistic. The c7 to me, feels like I'm sitting in a normal car or sedan. I have to say, the stock exhaust is the best stock exhaust I've ever heard. I really hope the borla x pipe doesn't change the sound. I just wanted it a little louder
What year is your car? Just looking at your latest pics reminded me that if it's a '17 or '18 then you should check the area around your fender cove inserts on the both sides to see if there is any paint damage.

I didn't think mine had any at first until I started looking closely. Even then I only saw a tiny spot in the upper corner on the driver's side. That is until I removed the original inserts to replace them with the redesigned inserts. Then I found that the original inserts had been rubbing & there was paint damage in the lower corners on both sides which wasn't visible while the old inserts were in place. Some others have had worse paint damage that was visible even with their inserts in place.

This thread explains it all. https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...ally-here.html

Last edited by Oneslackr; 01-19-2019 at 05:45 PM.
Old 01-19-2019, 05:31 PM
ZO6 cracker
Drifting

Received 693 Likes on 404 Posts

Thank you!! I haven't driven it more than ten miles so far (and that was the test drive so I really didn't get on it), but I will say its a huge improvement in looks (although I still have a soft spot for a clean c5 frc or z06) and the interior quality/luxury feel is worlds above the c5, especially the seats and radio. The only thing I don't like is; the c5 felt like you were sitting on the ground and it felt like a race car, was lighter, and more minimalistic. The c7 to me, feels like I'm sitting in a normal car or sedan. I have to say, the stock exhaust is the best stock exhaust I've ever heard. I really hope the borla x pipe doesn't change the sound. I just wanted it a little louder
Yeah I do agree with you it is definitely upgrade to the C5Z06. Its years ahead and the exhaust does sound good. I want know till spring if I made the right choice giving up my C5Z06. I test drove a used 18 Z06 with 900 miles on it. The car is definitely a beast. And it does totally feel different than the C5 Z06. I had quite a bit of mods done to my C5. The C7 audio don’t even compare to my C5Z06. But I will be waiting on getting some miles on this beast in the spring to see if it will be a keeper. I think it has a lot to do with not driving this car enough. I think once you drive it all summer You will get a handle on how it compares to the C5 Z06.
Old 01-19-2019, 06:02 PM
Zeppelin654
Racer

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Oneslackr
What year is your car?

Just looking at your latest pics reminded me that if it's a '17 or '18 then you should check the area around your fender cove inserts on the both sides to see if there is any paint damage. I didn't think mine had any at first until I started looking closely. Even then I only saw a tiny spot in the upper corner on the driver's side. That is until I removed the original inserts to replace them with the redesigned inserts. Then I found that the original inserts had been rubbing & there was paint damage in the lower corners on both sides which wasn't visible while the old inserts were in place. Some others have had worse paint damage that was visible even with their inserts in place. https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...ally-here.html
I will have to look closer. I haven't noticed anything yet. Thank you for the heads up!

Originally Posted by ZO6 cracker

Yeah I do agree with you it is definitely upgrade to the C5Z06. Its years ahead and the exhaust does sound good. I want know till spring if I made the right choice giving up my C5Z06. I test drove a used 18 Z06 with 900 miles on it. The car is definitely a beast. And it does totally feel different than the C5 Z06. I had quite a bit of mods done to my C5. The C7 audio don’t even compare to my C5Z06. But I will be waiting on getting some miles on this beast in the spring to see if it will be a keeper. I think it has a lot to do with not driving this car enough. I think once you drive it all summer You will get a handle on how it compares to the C5 Z06.
I am looking forward to taking it out for the first real drive! I just did the title, registration and plate yesterday so I am ready to roll. Just have a few more modifications to do now.
Old 01-19-2019, 06:49 PM
ZO6 cracker
Drifting

What mods are you adding?
Old 01-19-2019, 07:35 PM
mdolandese
Melting Slicks

Received 747 Likes on 561 Posts

[QUOTE=ZO6 cracker;1598695634]

Here is a pic with the XL Rockguards on. I like how they look on the black.
Wow does your car look GORGEOUS!!! Black is by far the coolest color clean.It's just the hardest to keep clean
Old 01-20-2019, 07:27 AM
ZO6 cracker
Drifting

Thanks for the compliment!! Was not my choice. My wife talk me into it. I had 2 black cars before one being a corvette. I got awesome deal on this. Had another choice in white but did not want the white because I have another vehicle in white. So I figured I would take a chance with the black. I will see how long I can deal with the black being ****!! Worst case I sell it and buy a different color.
Old 01-20-2019, 08:38 AM
SuperdadZ06
Burning Brakes

Received 408 Likes on 246 Posts

I am curious, to see how you do with the black. My Audi is black and I am at 2.5 years with it. It is tough but I love it. My New Vette is WGG, a little more forgiving.
Old 01-20-2019, 04:18 PM
Zeppelin654
Racer

Originally Posted by ZO6 cracker
What mods are you adding?
Borla x pipe
BMS filter
Katech throttle body
RPI tinted side marker covers
black McGard lug nuts
ACS carbon flash front spats, enhanced splash guards and rear guards
license plate cover

clear paint protection wrap Suntek Ultra and Suntek Carbon tint

Caravaggio quilted tunnel drapes, black calipers, sued center console lid, quilted suede headliner
gs creations tinted taillight covers with exposed reverse lights
C7 race car indoor cover
Old 01-20-2019, 04:45 PM
ZO6 cracker
Drifting

Borla x pipe
BMS filter
Katech throttle body
RPI tinted side marker covers
black McGard lug nuts
ACS carbon flash front spats, enhanced splash guards and rear guards
license plate cover

clear paint protection wrap Suntek Ultra and Suntek Carbon tint

Caravaggio quilted tunnel drapes, black calipers, sued center console lid, quilted suede headliner
gs creations tinted taillight covers with exposed reverse lights
C7 race car indoor cover
You have some nice mods going on. I’m on the fence for the spring weather to have my Z fully wrapped with Suntek. I have the Borla X pipe. Did not install it yet. I’m going to wait till I put some miles on it come spring.
Old 01-20-2019, 04:57 PM
Zeppelin654
Racer

I think I am going to do the same thing. I don't want to do all the fun stuff at once haha. Spread out the enjoyment a little. I don't want to do the wrap simply because of the money, but having already spent a decent amount on this, I don't want to cheap out now ya know
Old 01-30-2019, 08:00 PM
Zeppelin654
Racer

Would you guys recommend doing the x pipe, bms filter and throttle body in any particular order or time frame? I've been reading about codes being thrown if they are all installed at once. I was thinking doing the x pipe and throttle body at the same time, and then after a few thousand miles, install the filter. I know I at least want to do the x pipe first, I just don't know if I should wait for the others. Thanks guys
The following users liked this post:
doggman (01-31-2019)
Old 02-01-2019, 05:59 PM
Zeppelin654
Racer

Started on the modifications today since some of my jacking aids arrived. I didn't want to start the car to drive up on the race ramps since its about 5 degrees here, so I rigged up some ****** blocks and they pulled the car up onto the ramps very easily.

Old 02-02-2019, 04:00 PM
Zeppelin654
Racer

Got the x pipe in. I was a little worried about fitment, but it is pretty much perfect. If anything, the second tail pipe from the left is like 1 millimeter lower than the far left one, but that would have nothing to do with the x pipe, just the factory mufflers. Also removed the lap belt mounting kit. Had to remove the whole seat to take off two brackets! I think I might have been able to do it in the car looking back at it, but it would have been a pain I think. Removed the factory wheel spats so it'd be ready for when the carbon flash ones come in too.

Old 02-06-2019, 08:10 PM
Zeppelin654
Racer

Got some fluids in for changes soon. Also got the fleur de lis license plate frame on. Trying to keep it classy. Hopefully thats what I'm doing

Old 02-08-2019, 06:55 PM
patentcad
Drifting

Received 757 Likes on 321 Posts

Slow down. You're driving like a bat out of Hades.
Old 02-08-2019, 11:13 PM
Zeppelin654
Racer

I wish I was driving it. There's snow on the roads and it feels like its 5 degrees out there. I was in it 16 hours today so I have a good guess haha. Am I moving too fast?
Old 02-10-2019, 12:22 AM
Zeppelin654
Racer

Changed the oil, diff fluid, and tranny fluid. clutch fluid looks good and the coolant will get more of the amsoil dominator boost. Cold day for a fluid change haha

Get notified of new replies

To My dream has come true

Old 02-10-2019, 02:22 PM
Zeppelin654
Racer

Ten minute job hahaha. yea right. And I'm pretty good with a wrench. Hopefully no 1-4 shift now and full synthetic redline trans fluid should cut down the nibbles

Old 02-10-2019, 02:35 PM
RegnaR
Burning Brakes

Received 228 Likes on 193 Posts

Pulling the car up onto the race ramps took some skills
Old 02-16-2019, 05:51 PM
Zeppelin654
Racer

Got the acs stuff on today. She's ready to rip.

Quick Reply: My dream has come true